Pilot Scoop: Jonny Lee Miller Is CBS' Sherlock, Jason Katims' County Adds Two and More!
The potential series is a modern take on the cases of the famed detective, with the Eli Stone star stepping into the literary figure’s shoes, Deadline reports. Another key change: Sherlock now lives in New York City.
Miller, who did a guest arc on Dexter, will next to be seen in the big screen adaptation of the TV series Dark Shadows.
In other pilot news…
• Jess Weixler (Medium, Law & Order) and Agam Darshi (Sanctuary) have joined Jason Ritter and Aimee Garcia in Jason Katims’ NBC medical drama pilot County. Fun fact: Weixler and Ritter co-starred as a couple in the film Peter and Vandy.
• Gillian Vigman — who popped up on New Girl just last week as Schmidt’s boss — has nabbed the female lead in the new Fox comedy Little Brother from writer Mike Royce (Men of a Certain Age) and director Shawn Levy (Real Steel), Deadline reports. Vigman will play the wife of John Stamos’ former rocker.
• Another frequent New Girl guest star and Saturday Night Live alumna, Michaela Watkins, will co-star in ABC’s comedy pilot Prairie Dogs, per Deadline. The series centers around an uncool cubicle worker (aka “prairie dog”) who discovers the person who stole his identity has a more fulfilling life than him. Watkins will play the supervisor of the programming department.
• Daniela Bobadilla, who recurs on NBC’s upcoming new drama Awake, will play Charlie Sheen’s daughter on FX’s Anger Management, per Deadline.
• Former America’s Next Top Model contestant-turned-actress Yaya DaCosta has joined ABC’s untitled Roland Emmerich drama pilot, Deadline reports. DaCosta will play a member of a special Council, who befriends an astrophysics grad student knowing that he is the chosen one to destroy the forces of evil.
• British newcomer Sam Palladio (The Hour) has been cast in ABC’s family soap Nashville, which set against the music scene.
Which pilot casting has you most excited?