Pilot Scoop: Zach Levi to Headline Fox's Let It Go

Get More: News, Pilots

Zachary Levi Let It GoZachary Levi may not be off the small screen for long.

The in-demand Chuck headliner has landed the male lead in Fox’s half-hour single camera comedy pilot Let It Go, sources confirm to TVLine.

The ensemble comedy revolves around a married couple as they try to navigate, negotiate and sometimes manipulate society’s unspoken rules.

The news was first reported by our sister site Deadline.com.

DJ Nash (Traffic Light) penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Peter Tolan (Rescue Me) and Michael Wimer.

Casting for Levi’s onscreen significant other continues. Got a suggestion or two? Deposit ‘em in the comments. Let me get you started: Yvonne freakin’ Strahovski!

Comments (117)

• This news just made my day … love to see him back on tv :)

Comment by Kiki – February 14, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i personally chose to believe that sarah got her memories back with that ‘one magical kiss’. I for one am very excited to see zach back on tv and in a comedic role to fit! I’m giving him all my support! CHUCK FTW!

Comment by Jess_Chin – February 14, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I choose to believe too. At least they left it open to that option since they screwed it up so badly.

Comment by Ariel – February 14, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to have Zach & Yvonne back together…but I think they need to put someone with that can do slapstick humour. Beckie Newton would have been great but she’s headlining her own show. Zach had great on-screen chemistry with Rachel Bilson & Kristin Kreuk but Rachel has Hart Of Dixie and no offense to Kristin Kreuk but I don’t think she’d be able to do slapstick comedy. I think either Joanna Garcia or Mandy Moore would make a great fit.
    Can’t wait to see him on the tv again.
    I still MISS CHUCK!!! :S :’(

Comment by Vannesa – February 14, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Yvonne but I can’t see having Chuck and Sarah in another life… So don’t count on having her with him on the small screen again (sadly).
    I can’t wait to see who they’ll bring as his dearly beloved but it’s kinda sad that whoever they chose a lot of people will be disappointed that it’s not Sarah. I know it s*cks to move on, but we must accept that Chuck and Sarah will probably never have a fully nice ending that includes the answer to all of our questions…
    Honestly I just want to see Zach on TV… don’t really give a popsicle on who’s with him (as long as they have chemistry on the screen)

Comment by Julie – February 14, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew he’d get more work as will Adam and Yvonne, I’m certain. Just too bad this is on Fox given they cancel most everything that isn’t a huge hit save maybe one show like Fringe. They’ll probably cancel this one after three episodes.

Comment by Ariel – February 14, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why not his original love on Chuck played by Jordana Brewster? Her and Zack seemed to click really well when they played a couple then.

Comment by RichieS – February 14, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Autumn Reeser would be a perfect pick for me (also supporting Yvonne and Mandy ofc)..I just think they would be hilarious together! ;P

Comment by Ruth – February 14, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zachary Levi will do great. Hopefully, they will screen test for chemistry between him and the other lead. He is a very talented guy!

Comment by Susie – February 14, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vague ‘relationship comedy’ outline? Written by a guy whose recent vague relationship comedy was axed after twelve seconds? Come on, Zach is worth more than that! Someone hire him for something that will actually score ratings!

Comment by Sigh – February 14, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody know when the show will start airing if its given a green light???

Comment by Guy – February 14, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Matthew Bomer, he played Bryce Larkin.

Comment by warriorpooflinger – February 14, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ZAC AND YVONNE REUNION! they have great chemistry! i think watever projects they do together would be picked by fans coz they just know each other too well, ease around each other. and that gives ease on fans viewing too! CHARAH FOR LIFE!!!

Comment by france – February 14, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would really like to see Joshua Gomez get the best friend role I really liked him and Zachary Levi together on Chuck and it would be very cool to see them together again. Also Joshua and Zachary are friends in real life so that might help Joshua land the role. Yvonne is busy filming a movie than a pilot I don’t think she has the time to even consider the role if she even gets invited.

Comment by Guy – February 14, 2012 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree, Joshua was very good and it blended well with Zac!

Comment by GokuSSj5KD – February 15, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes. Please cast Yvonne. It would be like a Chuck spinoff = amazing!! :))

Comment by anne – February 15, 2012 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based from the premise, I bet this’ll have a bit of ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’-ish tone to it. But as much as I adore Yvonne Freakin’ Strahovski’, I don’t think she’ll be a good fit. I just can’t see her in a straight-up comedy. How about Kristen Bell?

Comment by divine – February 15, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only one woman in my book for Zachary Levi. Yvonne Strahovski!!!! as Zachary Levi’s wife is nothing less that perfect!!!!!! This might also help Chuck fans with their saddness!

Comment by mike – February 15, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED the cast of Chuck, all of them, but as much as i’d like to see them all back in a show like that, I dont want a Chuck 2 for now, so please, not Yvonne as the wife… make her play a strong secondary role but not his wife…

Comment by GokuSSj5KD – February 15, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOHO! it would be awesome to se zach and ywonne work together. haha can’t fox just pick up chuck??

Comment by madde – February 16, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YVONNE FREAKIN’ STRAHOVSKI. Make that happen and I will totally watch a Fox comedy! (Apart from Raising Hope, it’s been a crapyard as of late.) But honestly, bring those two together and you get chemistry explosion. Whatever the premise is, it will work out. I promise you.
    Just to add, as a selfish Chuck fan, I think it’d be really difficult seeing Zac as another character (with another TV wife on top of that) after the epic run of the show. However, I want them back on my TV again in any capacity so..bring it on!

Comment by Aiden – February 23, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I have a feeling Fox would be unwilling to go across the pond, but I think Karen Gillan would be fantastic (sorry, no pun intended)! I like the idea of Kristen Bell, but IIRC, she’s 5’2″ & since he’s 6’4″, that maybe some tricky manuvering for a single camera. I don’t know. And as much as I loved ZL as Chuck and YS as Sarah, I think pairing them up again as a different couple would be too soon. Having seen them for 5 seasons as Chuck & Sarah, somethings just wouldn’t gel for me if they were to be together as two different characters so soon. I’d love to see them together again down the road, just not now. If Fox were open to doing a younger husband & older wife, I would LOVE to see Zachary Levi with Andrea Parker. They’ve got fantastic chemistry, I think.

Comment by Emme – March 2, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Betty White!! We already have seen the chemistry in her and ZL’s kiss !! ;)

Comment by ZL4life – March 3, 2012 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES YVONNE FREAKIN STRAHOVSKI IS DEFINITELY THE BEST CHOICE!!!!

Comment by Judy – March 4, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne Strahovski!! Olivia Wilde
    Megan Fox Minka Kelly
    Kate Beckinsale MILA KUNIS
    Anna Faris Natalie Portman
    Jennifer Love Hewitt Zoe Saldana
    Scarlett Johansson Rachael Taylor
    Amber Heard Katy Perry
    Sarah Lancaster Alice Eve

Comment by Anna – March 5, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne & Zac!

Comment by Alex – March 6, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see him cast against someone a little more hippie-ish since Sarah was so uptight on Chuck. I think whoever is cast is going to be one lucky lady. I’d watch this show for sure!

Comment by Delaney – March 13, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummmm…Yvonne Strahovski!!! She’s in demand by the ppl. Can’t deny the pplz! :)

Comment by Jo – April 5, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Katherine McPhee would make a great wife for him.

Comment by Rex – April 19, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne is the only way to go otherwise it won’t be good. Every other suggestion is wrong. Final say.

Comment by Landon – May 3, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • zach me encanto la serie de chuck ojala hicieras la sexta temporada te quiero!!!!!!!!!

Comment by claudia – May 13, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • me encanto chuck zachary guapo!

Comment by claycar – June 11, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • te amo zach!

Comment by claudia – August 23, 2012 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • te amo!

Comment by claudia – September 5, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok chuck is over but fox is going to begin we want Yvonne with Zachary together!!!
    if Yvonne don’t Zach is going to lose many fans… Just do it for fans!
    And do anything to bring Chuck back

Comment by kakos – November 14, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post