Pilot Scoop: Zach Levi to Headline Fox's Let It Go

Zachary Levi Let It GoZachary Levi may not be off the small screen for long.

The in-demand Chuck headliner has landed the male lead in Fox’s half-hour single camera comedy pilot Let It Go, sources confirm to TVLine.

The ensemble comedy revolves around a married couple as they try to navigate, negotiate and sometimes manipulate society’s unspoken rules.

The news was first reported by our sister site Deadline.com.

DJ Nash (Traffic Light) penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Peter Tolan (Rescue Me) and Michael Wimer.

Casting for Levi’s onscreen significant other continues. Got a suggestion or two? Deposit ‘em in the comments. Let me get you started: Yvonne freakin’ Strahovski!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Pilots

1. Bethany says:

Hope it gets picked up so I can see Zachary Levi on my TV every week!

2. 4everchuck says:

THANK YOU ! For This information! I was starting to miss Zachary :) I cant wait to watch let it go!

3. Jenna says:

I WILL WATCH ANYTHING HE IS IN. HE CAN BE CLEANING UP DOG POOP AND I WOULD STILL WATCH. ok. done screaming now. hope it gets picked up!

4. Dean says:

I would totally love it if they got Yvonne Strahovski to play his wife.

• Ben says:

It wouldn’t work so soon – you’d just end up frustrated that things didn’t play out like Chuck and Sarah, and it would create a disconnect.
      I am not going to say that I hope it gets picked up. Rather, I hope it deserves to be picked up. Zach deserves quality writing.

• Agreed says:

Thanks, Ben, for saying this. I really like Zach Levi and would love for him to find another great project, but not just so he can be on TV – it needs to be good for it to get picked up. Producers would make a big mistake to just hire Yvonne because she worked with Zach in the past.
        I would much rather see Zach and Yvonne go on to totally different projects – say something on Broadway – and then come back to tv in a while after the Chuck memories have faded (particularly since this last season was not near as good as the show deserved for a sendoff).
        The only people who can successfully jump from tv show to tv show are the people who are doing small stints or with something like Once Upon A Time where they get to be a really different character!

• TJCrinc says:

i disagree with this. id be more interested in a 2 hour chuck movie that resolves what clyde barker mentioned at beginning of season 5 about them being puppets in a grander scheme, and also resolve whether sarah got her memories back. cuz thats just sad to take away 5 years of a relationship.

• Josh says:

And she could play a woman named Sarah who has all her memories of the last five years! And they could be ex-CIA agents! And they could live in a white house with a red door!
      Yup, I want to see it!

• Ari says:

I wouldn’t. I loved Chuck but I’ve never found Yvonne Strahovski as awesome as everyone else seemed to. I mean yea she was a badass but outside of that she was just kind of vanilla, JMO.

• GK says:

I agree! Chuck was simply not interesting enough for me without Sarah! She made him look good. If they have both Zach and Yvonne on this show, that would definitely make me tune in.

• Asari says:

Yvonne rulzzz let them be together again :)

5. Michelle says:

I’m not usually a fan of sitcoms but I’ll watch Zac. Let’s hope it gets picked up!

6. Jules says:

7. Ava says:

I was hoping he was going to play Mandy Moore’s husband on the show she was working on.

8. intersect says:

omg I freakin love this man. I will definitely watch even though it sounds a bit strange.

9. lara says:

I know Mandy Moore just signed on to do another pilot, but if that fails…I would love a Tangled reunion :)

10. Kristina says:

Yaaaayyy!!

11. AJ says:

Andrea Anders! <3

12. Spoiler Junkie says:

Yes, yes. Yvonne Freaking Strahovski FTW – For the Wife. :) :D

13. Summer says:

If Joanna Garcia already didn’t have something in the works, I would have suggested her, because she’s just brilliant. I’m not sure, though. Hmm.

14. Ella says:

Are you kidding…..it has to be Yvonne!!!! It’s going to be tough seeing someone else star opposite Zac
    That being said, I will watch the show!

15. luli says:

YVVONEE!!!!!

16. ggny says:

booo…Comedy dont work on Fox unless they are a cartoon he should have tried to get something on ABC

17. Jim says:

I second the Strahovski suggestion!

18. Kim N. says:

Ideally, I’d like to see him with someone who is just as capable of being funny as he is… but that can be kind of limiting. I can almost see Elizabeth Banks in the role, but who knows. I’d love Mandy Moore just because they’re cute together, but I think she’s occupied. So… Odette Anable/Yustman? I actually like her on House, she had her moments in You Again, and she’s seems a good match physically, plus with House finishing, she’ll need a job.

19. Jenny says:

Awesome!!! I need more Zachary Levi!!! I will miss him with Strahovski though!

20. Drew says:

Sarah Lancaster!!!
    (eeeeeeeeeeeeeew)

21. Tom says:

How about Kristen Kruek? They seemed good together in Chuck when she guest starred.

22. Ray says:

Amazing!! So happy for our Nerdking..and Yes Ms Strahovski is always a great option..I believe ;).. Great News

23. Curtis says:

I vote for Yvonne Strahovski or Kristin kreuk

24. wordsmith says:

If, God forbid, my favorite single camera sitcom of all time doesn’t survive the year, and Alison Brie suddenly finds herself looking for a new gig, that would be a match made in heaven.

25. Louise says:

So exited!!! The only lead actress I can think of is Yvonne Strahovski!

26. Ace says:

I’d love to see Zac opposite Felicia Day, whether it’s in this project or something else. I think they’d be great together!

27. David says:

Yes, yes, yes. Pleeeeeease let’s bring Yvonne to the show :D Totally perfect couple

28. Mima says:

I don’t understand what’s so good about this guy. Sobbing.

29. Carmichael says:

How could you NOT want Yvonne? They have proven chemistry. You want the show to be successful and want the legions of chuck fans, bring her on board.

30. chris says:

Is it wrong that I want to see Zac star opposite Mekenna Melvin (Alex from Chuck)

31. localboy says:

I’ll watch anything with Zach in it, but TBH I would have preferred an 45min/hour long dramedy again over a 20min comedy. I’ll take what I can get. Now what about Adam Baldwin now? What’s he got in the pipeline?

32. Michael Carmichael says:

OH MY GOD! THAAAANKYOUUUUU! I love Zachary Levi, and I miss him soooooo mucccccchhhh! Yes, Yes … YVONNE HAS TO BE THE LEAD.
    oh, let Zach sing.

33. Tusk says:

I go to youtube and what do I see at the top of the screen?
    A playful Yvonne Strahovski near a pool, ad for Sobe Lifewater. Don’t know how long it’ll be up. I actually hit ‘play’ on an ad for the first time to watch it LOL. She is playfully “Sarah Walker” smile and everything, hot.
    So glad she’s getting work after Chuck…I feared the Tabrett Bethel route into obscurity for her…then again Yvonne got 5 yrs, Tabrett only got one :(

34. Tusk says:

…Yvonne in body paint photo’s at their facebook page….wow…seriously…wow

35. Jem says:

Tabrett Bethel aka Cara from Legend of the Seeker

36. Lyndsey says:

I’d watch anything with Zach in it! PLEASE GET PICKED UP!! We want more Zachary Levi! I’d love Yvonne to be in it, but it would be so weird because it would remind us of Chuck & Sarah.

37. alyssia says:

OMYGOD. if they put yvonne as his wife, all CHARAH FANBASE are going WILD!!! I WANT YVONNE AS HIS WIFE. FINGERS CROSSED!

38. Aces Charles says:

In my opinion it’d be really weird to have it be Yvonne. I mean I love her and I think she’s awesome, but they’re not going to be Chuck and Sarah, and wouldn’t it alter how you see the Chuck/Sarah relationship watching them as two supposedly different characters? I don’t think they’d ever do it anyway, they all loved the show but they also want to move on and create new work.
    I love Andrea Anders and think she’d be a great match for Zac. Other than that, it just needs to be someone who can match him comedically and there are plenty of funny women out there who would be great.

39. Amely says:

I second the person that said Alison Brie if Community doesn’t get a fourth season

40. AMayo1 says:

Due to the complete lack of support that ABC has shown Cougar Town, Busy Phillips would probably be free and has proven to be a great comedic actor.

41. Nicole says:

Lizzy Caplan’s sardonic delivery could be hilarious paired with his enthusiasm.

42. Eurydice says:

What in the world do they mean by “society’s unspoken rules”? Nowadays, you can pretty much do whatever you want. Unless, they mean a particular society’s rules – like the characters are from another planet, or another country, or they moved from Massachusetts to Texas.
    Whatever, I love Zach Levi and I’m happy that the networks do, too.

43. Wendy says:

I know that Becki Newton is signed on for another Fox pilot, but is it wrong that I hope that flames out and she comes over to this project instead? They would be such a great team. But in truth, Zac can have chemistry with a rock…if you look back at Chuck, there’s never really been a love interest where Chuck (Zac) didn’t sell the attraction & possibility (Lou, Jill, Hannah, and of course Sarah).

44. Sylvie says:

How about a brunette for a change. I would like Erica Durance.

45. Eliza says:

Love Zachary! Will watch him in anything.
    There have been some great suggestions for his better half with the exception of Yvonne. I love her but Zac should move away from being viewed as another Chuck.

46. Eliza says:

Love Zachary! Will watch him in anything.
    There have been some great suggestions for his better half with the exception of Yvonne. I love her but Zac should move away from Chuck.

47. Nina says:

Yvonne is currently working on her next project ‘I, Frankenstein’, she’s already in Australia due to the beginning of the filmings..
    So how could possibly she would be free to accept the offer to work on the pilot if she ever gets to be invited? :/

48. Erika says:

I was reading many of the suggestions and I agree with many of them.
    My suggestions –
    Yvonne will be awesome, Odette Annable would be my next choice (but after House she might return to Breaking in), Kristen Kreuk, Rachel Bilson (but she is in Hart of Dixie), Lizzy Caplan (taken another show), Becki Newton (taken another show), Denise Quiñones (not too many know about her but I loved her in Freddie), Johanna Garcia is a great choice as well I loved her in Reba. Mandy Moore, a Tangled reunion would be great, I wouldn’t mind seeing them sing once in a while too :)

49. Katy says:

Zach & Yvonne reunion! Yey! I would be totally into that! :)

50. Rufio says:

PUT YVONNE WITH ZACH, AND I AM WATCHING FOX!