Spartacus' Peter Mensah Joining True Blood

Peter Mensah True BloodSpartacus‘ Peter Mensah is joining True Blood‘s upcoming fifth season in a recurring capacity.

According to our sister site Deadline.com, Mensah will play Kibwe, a ruling member of the Vampire Authority.

What does this mean for his role as gladiator sensei Doctore on the Starz drama? Probably nothing. The show’s third season doesn’t go into production in New Zealand until April, leaving Mensah plenty of time to squeeze in a trip to Bon Temps.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News

1. Aleksa says:

Awesome!

2. Danielle h says:

SWEEET! Loved him on the first season of Spartacus!! The castings are awesome this year, finally making me excited for the season.

3. MandyJane says:

Awesome, Peter Mensah should be in more of my favorite shows :)

• Deena Bryan says:

awesome!!! What about Jacob Hopkins who has been cast as the 9 year old vampire, Alexander Drew who is on the vampire authority that goes against Peter’s character. Love it!!!

4. chrisdvanne says:

He has a great charisma on screen!
    I remember him as General Perry in the scenes of Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles set in the future; i wish he had told us more about Cameron’s (played by the beautiful and talented Summer Glau) real motivations.

5. Karen Flynn says:

Brilliant news! I watch True Blood all the time and will look forward to seeing him in it!

6. Summus says:

I will not watch vampire stuff. Peter deserves better. But acting is a job, and a check, as I know. He was a titanic presence in Spartacus. I would love to see him in stronger roles, and in films. He has a dignity, a gravitas, an intensity, indeed a sexiness, that would fit MANY genres. He may be 53, but he could be in his late 20’s from his screen presence. Hope his agent realizes this. A gem this man is. A gem. And I am an old, disabled white guy, so no hidden agenda here. Just an admirer of great acting, and a huge footprint from an actor.

7. True Trubie says:

Oh, yeah! Doctore in Bon Temps! Sweet. Will he playing kiss-ass Vampire? Peter Mensah is such a brilliant actor, he is big deal in Spartacus, maybe one of the reason why show is big hit. See you in Bon Temps Doctore!

8. KD303 says:

Wow, good news to hear. I just lovn man Pet Mens. He is a real. Looking forward to seeing him.

9. Barry says:

doctore is dead. may he rest in peace.

10. King Ekow Ampiah says:

Please kindly help me with the email address of Peter Mensah

Thanks