Pilot Scoop: J.K. Simmons Boards ABC's Van

J.K. Simmons (Law & Order, Oz, The Closer) has been cast as Kyle Bornheimer’s father in the ABC comedy pilot White Van Man, TVLine has learned.

The single-camera project, which is based on the same-titled UK series, centers on a blue collar guy (Worst Week‘s Bornheimer) who is forced to put his dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his dad (Simmons).

Raising Hope writer Bobby Bowman penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Mark Gordon (Grey’s Anatomy) and Andrea Shay.

Simmons, along with The Closer castmate Corey Reynolds, will not be continuing their roles on the spin-off, Major Crimes (premiering late this summer after The Closer ends).

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Pilots

1. Joe Jackson says:

Does this mean he is not going to be on Major Crimes?

2. the wb frog says:

Yup, pretty clear.

3. lipsticksocialism says:

I love me some JK Simmons. TVLine, it would be awesome if when you updated your original post, you would insert an *EDIT* so that people in comments don’t go all crazy over an issue that was subsequently added. THANK YOU

4. Ethel says:

So does this mean Pope will be the leak? I love JK Simmons and will watch this show, if it makes it to a series pick-up only to see him.He still scares me when I flash back to days of OZ!!

• Jax says:

I know what you mean. It’s hard to picture Simmons in a comedy when you still remember him from his “prison” days. *shudder*

5. Bella says:

He was great as the dad in Juno. I’m glad he’ll be in another show.

6. Jeri says:

Bummer. I don’t know how good Major Crimes can be without J.K. Simmons and Corey Reynolds. Hope no-one else leaves.