House First Look: Look Who's Returning!

Talk about a crowded House.
The Feb. 27 episode of Fox’s departing medical drama boasts a guest turn by Friday Night Lights MVP Michael B. Jordan as the Patient of the Week and marks the return of the most important woman in Gregory’s life: His mama!

House Swan Song Scoop: 3 Things You Need to Know About The Series Finale (and Beyond)

As you can see via the following first look gallery, Diane Baker is reprising her role as Mrs. House — and it appears the widow has moved on with her life.
Meanwhile, it looks like Wilson got only the wrong side of Park’s last nerve.
Peruse the pics and then hit the comments with, um, your comments!

Comments (34)

• No Cuddy = No ME!

Comment by Kristin – February 13, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t let the door hit you.

Comment by Jake – February 14, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol for a moment i though it was cuddy!!

Comment by monkeyy – February 13, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s truly sad is that so many characters have left/been written out on House that it never even occurred to me that someone who’s “back” could be someone else entirely. I was thinking Cuddy/Cameron/13/Amber or Kutner(somehow), but I’m perfectly fine with seeing House’s mom again. Diane Baker played her part excellently the last 2 times she was on and I’m looking forward to seeing her again, and how House reacts to her apparently moving on in her life when he’s really been unable to do so.

Comment by Anonymous – February 13, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize that Amber returning would be as shocking as Kutner returning right? lol

Comment by Midori – February 13, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great to see House`s mum again and with a new lover :) Is it Houses`real Dad?
    WTH is up with Wilson and Park, Beware wilson this little girl fights back! Lol
    Looking forward to this episode!

Comment by Cindy – February 13, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will never understand why people want Cuddy back. The woman annoyed me from day one.

Comment by nonabgo – February 13, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For a few seconds there I thought it was Stacy! Now I am sad

Comment by nikki – February 13, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Should I say it? I’d rather see Stacy back than Cuddy. There, I said it.

Comment by Emily – February 13, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not really strange that his mother has a new man, her husband died over 4 years ago when you include the year time jump between seasons 7 & 8. This was kind of weak, he was trying to make people think it might be, Cuddy, Stacy, Cameron, Lydia, 13. It’s also not news. It was reported a few weeks ago his mother would be back. I guess they have to milk House as much as they can while they can.
    The Wilson Park stuff looks stupid.

Comment by Lucy – February 13, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see David Morse back!!

Comment by Angela – February 13, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was expecting Cuddy, or Cameron.
    I couldn’t care less about “Mrs. House.”
    What a stupid storyline

Comment by mara – February 13, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing how people are judging the storylines as stupid from a few photos. Guess they’re just way more talented at discerning the quality of TV from a few stills than I am. That or they’re unnecessarily pessimistic and jaded…

Comment by Brendan – February 13, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANKS FOR THE NEWS AUS. That was actually the question I asked last week for this week’s ask ausiello!!! ;) thank you

Comment by luis – February 13, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House hated his father so shld be happy his mom has “moved on”. Cuddy and House shld ride off into the sunset together (ditto Chase and Cameron). Kal Penn could appear in a dream or a flashbacK…ditto Ann Dudek

Comment by janet p – February 13, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK GOD NO CUDDY! LE chose to walk, let her keep right on walking~!
    Thanks for the pics

Comment by shiremaid – February 13, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to TV Guide House got CANCELLED by the network. Which makes LE the only person who made her own choice. Kinda ironic, considering misogynistic frat-boy mentality of the whole setup.
    The patient is dying, and the death agony is not pretty.

Comment by last rites – February 13, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this is House’s real father? Could be a way for that truth to finally come out. I don’t remember what the guy actually looked like, since it was a picture on the back of a book.

Comment by robinepowell – February 13, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad that house is going off. I watched the interns grow to become doctors led by house for eight seasons. I’m going to miss them

Comment by Mark young – February 13, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Billy Connolly? This is news to me!! Did you bury lead or did I miss something?

Comment by Kylie – February 14, 2012 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t understand why Ausiello keeps hiding this. This is huge! Billy Connolly is a legend and it will be wonderful to see him on the show.

Comment by ck – February 14, 2012 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRANKA

Comment by caro – February 14, 2012 03:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes! franka potente come back

Comment by amar – February 14, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO CUDDY!! NO CUDDY!! NO CUDDY!! NO CUDDY!! NO CUDDY!!
    PLEASE DON’T KILL HOUSE!! PLEASE DON’T KILL HOUSE!! PLEASE DON’T KILL HOUSE!!
    HOUSE AND BIO DAD HOUSE AND BIO DAD HOUSE AND BIO DAD
    STACY!! STACY!! STACY!! STACY!! STACY!! STACY!! STACY!! STACY!!
    SAD!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!!
    I LOVE HUGH LAURIE!! I LOVE HUGH LAURIE!! I LOVE HUGH LAURIE!!

Comment by Grace – February 14, 2012 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the best of couple in tv is house and cuddy,BUT AMERICAN IS VERY BAD

Comment by brazil – February 14, 2012 03:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no cuddy no HOUSE RIP HUDDY RIP HOUSE BUT HOUSE IS CANCELED,HOUSE IS DIED WITHOUT CUDDY

Comment by marcelo – February 14, 2012 03:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AmI the only one who thinks its way cooler that Bill Connelly is this this episode, not that random woman!!!!! Awesome :)

Comment by Ems – February 14, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s very cool that Billy Connelly is in the episode. But House’s mom isn’t a “random woman.” I would love for House to find out who his real dad is.

Comment by maggie – February 14, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome Back Blythe House!
    Always a pleasure to reintroduce “the only woman” who care for that sarcastic limping JERK…
    And will be fun, to see how he’ gonna take/digest the news that his mom as moved on with her life & nw boyfriend…(possbly, the old friend/ minister/real House’s biological father) And BILLY CONNELLY!! Guest star..that’s priceless!
    It will be interesting to watch House’s reaction, and the TALK he’s gonna have with her (vice/versa)…
    Finally, we will get some answers and a daring conclusion about his trouble childhood/life that make him so damaged…

Comment by Jules – February 14, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO CUDDY> NO HOUSE

Comment by neco – February 14, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy y House la pareja mas tonta,7ªtemporada fue la peor

Comment by pedro – February 14, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i haven’t watched since Cuddy left and I don’t plan to unless Cuddy returns for the finale..

Comment by Jade – February 14, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I loved Cuddy’s character and the wonderful actress Lisa Edelstein, there’s NO WAY she’d bother to return to this dank puddle of a show that once was so magnificent. LE figured it out and saw from the shoddy scripts of S.7′s finale and Huddy treatment that the show had barely a feeble pulse left in it and got the hell outta dodge like the smart pro she is. While I would LOVE to see Cuddy return to give the Huddies closure, I can’t see the Sausage fest fratboys who have run the show into the ground figuring out an appropriately decent script to bait Lisa Edelstein into returning. We’ll always have DVDs. Missing Cuddy, but not House. Sorry. Meanwhile, nice column as usual, Aus.

Comment by spoilerchicka – February 27, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, considering how Fox has been treating House lately, for me, No Hugh Laurie-No Fox. From now on I will be boycotting Fox for not only the way it has treated this amazing show, but allowing its final season to just be fade away and be squashed by stuff like Alcatraz and Daytona 500. House and the shows fans(yes, there are many of us) deserve better.

Comment by Erin – February 27, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post