Hot Glee Video: Glee Project's Samuel Larsen and Rachel's Dads Make Their Debuts

Samuel Larsen finally joins the Glee cast in this Tuesday’s episode (Fox, 8/7c) after being named co-winner of Oxygen’s The Glee Project last August — and we’ve got a sneak peek at his singing debut with the New Directions crew.

Glee Sneak Peek: New Directions Faces Off Against the Warblers at Regionals

Taking on Gym Class Heroes’ “Stereo Hearts,” the new guy at McKinley High serenades Rachel with some help from the rest of the Glee Club.
Also below: The newly engaged Ms. Berry and Finn also get a surprise visit from her gay dads to celebrate the young couple’s big news.
Check out these previews and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Pete says:

Ugh. I forgot about Samuel. He is a vile, dirty little thing. I might skip the next few episodes.

• pete's right says:

Samuel represents everything that is wrong with the world. He’s a skeezy slimy not real person. It was disgusting on the glee project that when they’re like you’re not real he’s like I”M CHRISTIAN and boom he wins. Ugh. He is JTDubs (Just the worst)

• Snap judgments destroy the world says:

It’s hysterical that you think you know someone based solely on a reality television show. You were shown sound bites from complete conversations and jumped to conclusions that you had no real proof for. Sorry, but that attitude is what is wrong with the world. And if you’re going to use examples from the show to back up your point at least get them right.

• Tarc says:

There are apparently other (more correct) examples of “a vile, dirty little thing”.

2. ginee says:

I love love love the look of terror on Finn’s face. (<3 Cory) Hehehe I'm so looking forward to this scene. It's going to be comedic gold.

3. Chris says:

Been looking forward to seeing Samuel all season. Intrigued to see where they go with him, but it looks like the Christian angle they talked about on Glee Project. Hope he gets more involved than Damien’s been so far. Or at least better used when he is.

4. Jen says:

Uhh might want to skip the next 7 then since he was give a 7 episode arc and his voice is amazing so im sure if Irish boy who got more than his 7 then Samuel can too

5. Katie says:

So Finn has never met Rachels dads? Seriously their engaged, dated for 2 years but he never met them?
    And those who are wondering Samuel Larson’s character MAY end up with Quinn.

• What? says:

It states no where in this video that he hasn’t met her dads. Hiram knows carol used to wear a lot of denim. I’m pretty sure they have known finn for a while, it seems.

6. DL says:

Looks like Samuel has gotten some acting training. His face is actually alive and expressive now instead of just the one intense stare. I haven’t been watching Glee for the past few episodes, but maybe I’ll tune in now for Sam and of course Jeff Goldblum and Brian Stokes Mitchell.

• Steven says:

I disagree about Samuel getting acting training; he’s still doing Blue Steel for the entire song, just like he did on TGP. He’s just learned how to move his eyebrows now, too.

7. TheBeach says:

I hope they do more with Samuel than they did with the Irish kid. After his initial leprechaun episode he’s basically been a cardboard cut-out.

8. dan says:

I’m not crazy about Samuel, but he seems to be making a great debut on Glee, and sounds great on that song. I also hope they give him more to do than stand in the background, like Rory does. It’s really disappointing that they haven’t used Damian more. Heck, Lindsay had a bigger impact than he has.

9. Anna says:

Why is he singing to Rachel, and I really want to see more of Damian. I think that he is more like able then Samuel. Can’t wait to see Rachel’s dads. I think Finn has met her dads but he looks like they are going to kill me for proposing.

10. Jenny says:

If Rachel’s parents are okay with their underage daughter getting married they are just as STUPID and NAIVE as she is thinking this marriege will work. Hope that Glee can at least make the adult characters a little bit smarter than the teenagers.

11. luli says:

i would love to see samuel and rachel together maybe for a couple of episodes haha!!!!!! :)

12. Adam says:

I can’t believe the Glee Project is going to have another season, all that it has brought to Glee were two incompetent guys who can’t even act, and one can’t even speak english by the way.
    They are better off adding new people with regular auditions, at least they find nice people that way, like Chord, Vanessa, Darren..

13. Emily says:

Wasn’t a fan of Samuel Larson on the Glee Project, and this clip just confirms it. Jeez, this whole integrating winners thing is not going well. I shudder to think how they’re going to do Alex’s arc…

14. Shy says:

It was such a stupid idea to bring those Glee project people in Glee. That Irish guy and that girl. I don’t even remember their names. And it’s not like they promised them some 10-5 minutes cameo in one episode. They promised them 8 or something episodes. So they both had 1 episode that was little centered around them and then… they put them in the background to play furniture. They don’t speak, they don’t have plot around them, they don’t do anything.
    I launched so hard when Mercedes, Santana and Brittany returned from that Troubletones group to New Directions…. And then that Glee Project girl was standing behind them. I was like: “Who the hell are you? What are you doing here? No one asked you to come back” I’m sure all the other New Directions people were thinking the same.
    I don’t understand why they promised them o much episodes. And now they have to be in our faces every time.

15. CookieGirL says:

So weird isn’t one of Rachel’s dad is black, there are so many great black actors that can portray Hiram why on the hell GLEE didn’t cast a black actor?

16. jess says:

I’m more excited about Rachel’s dads than I’ve been about anything in Glee since the 2nd episode of season 1.

17. Hannah says:

FINCHEL is all i wanna see tonight

18. Cheri says:

How ironic that the episode following Whitney Houston’s death includes such a beautiful rendition of “I Will Always Love You”…

19. april says:

They can all sing and all of them are getting paid for doing what they are doing . They are playing a part but if anyone really wants to complain about anything Kurt can’t sing a drop. And I could care less about gay people it doesn’t bother me but I am an adult they shouldn’t put it on a high school show like life is easy BC its not when u come out so keep it to yourself until u r out of school.

20. april says:

Amen to that she sang the mess out of it. That’s about as good as it gets …

21. Leah says:

So I don’t get it: he isn’t Puck’s cousin anymore??

22. SabrinaL says:

Samuel Larsen is genuinely adorable and talented. I love his voice and he’s funny. He will only get better with time.

23. Zarayah says:

Samuel has a great voice and appears to work well with the glee cast. He has an untapped depth, I look forward in seeing him reveal it and develop it on Glee and beyond. He definitely is a passionate charismatic young man. I especially appreciate that he is not a sterotypical Christian.