Hot Glee Video: Glee Project's Samuel Larsen and Rachel's Dads Make Their Debuts

Get More: First Look, Previews, Video

Samuel Larsen finally joins the Glee cast in this Tuesday’s episode (Fox, 8/7c) after being named co-winner of Oxygen’s The Glee Project last August — and we’ve got a sneak peek at his singing debut with the New Directions crew.

Glee Sneak Peek: New Directions Faces Off Against the Warblers at Regionals

Taking on Gym Class Heroes’ “Stereo Hearts,” the new guy at McKinley High serenades Rachel with some help from the rest of the Glee Club.
Also below: The newly engaged Ms. Berry and Finn also get a surprise visit from her gay dads to celebrate the young couple’s big news.
Check out these previews and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (34)

• Ugh. I forgot about Samuel. He is a vile, dirty little thing. I might skip the next few episodes.

Comment by Pete – February 13, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Samuel represents everything that is wrong with the world. He’s a skeezy slimy not real person. It was disgusting on the glee project that when they’re like you’re not real he’s like I”M CHRISTIAN and boom he wins. Ugh. He is JTDubs (Just the worst)

Comment by pete's right – February 13, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s hysterical that you think you know someone based solely on a reality television show. You were shown sound bites from complete conversations and jumped to conclusions that you had no real proof for. Sorry, but that attitude is what is wrong with the world. And if you’re going to use examples from the show to back up your point at least get them right.

Comment by Snap judgments destroy the world – February 14, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are apparently other (more correct) examples of “a vile, dirty little thing”.

Comment by Tarc – February 13, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love the look of terror on Finn’s face. (<3 Cory) Hehehe I'm so looking forward to this scene. It's going to be comedic gold.

Comment by ginee – February 13, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been looking forward to seeing Samuel all season. Intrigued to see where they go with him, but it looks like the Christian angle they talked about on Glee Project. Hope he gets more involved than Damien’s been so far. Or at least better used when he is.

Comment by Chris – February 13, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uhh might want to skip the next 7 then since he was give a 7 episode arc and his voice is amazing so im sure if Irish boy who got more than his 7 then Samuel can too

Comment by Jen – February 13, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Finn has never met Rachels dads? Seriously their engaged, dated for 2 years but he never met them?
    And those who are wondering Samuel Larson’s character MAY end up with Quinn.

Comment by Katie – February 13, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It states no where in this video that he hasn’t met her dads. Hiram knows carol used to wear a lot of denim. I’m pretty sure they have known finn for a while, it seems.

Comment by What? – February 14, 2012 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like Samuel has gotten some acting training. His face is actually alive and expressive now instead of just the one intense stare. I haven’t been watching Glee for the past few episodes, but maybe I’ll tune in now for Sam and of course Jeff Goldblum and Brian Stokes Mitchell.

Comment by DL – February 13, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree about Samuel getting acting training; he’s still doing Blue Steel for the entire song, just like he did on TGP. He’s just learned how to move his eyebrows now, too.

Comment by Steven – February 14, 2012 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they do more with Samuel than they did with the Irish kid. After his initial leprechaun episode he’s basically been a cardboard cut-out.

Comment by TheBeach – February 13, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not crazy about Samuel, but he seems to be making a great debut on Glee, and sounds great on that song. I also hope they give him more to do than stand in the background, like Rory does. It’s really disappointing that they haven’t used Damian more. Heck, Lindsay had a bigger impact than he has.

Comment by dan – February 13, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is he singing to Rachel, and I really want to see more of Damian. I think that he is more like able then Samuel. Can’t wait to see Rachel’s dads. I think Finn has met her dads but he looks like they are going to kill me for proposing.

Comment by Anna – February 13, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Rachel’s parents are okay with their underage daughter getting married they are just as STUPID and NAIVE as she is thinking this marriege will work. Hope that Glee can at least make the adult characters a little bit smarter than the teenagers.

Comment by Jenny – February 13, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would love to see samuel and rachel together maybe for a couple of episodes haha!!!!!! :)

Comment by luli – February 13, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe the Glee Project is going to have another season, all that it has brought to Glee were two incompetent guys who can’t even act, and one can’t even speak english by the way.
    They are better off adding new people with regular auditions, at least they find nice people that way, like Chord, Vanessa, Darren..

Comment by Adam – February 13, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s Irish.. Of course he speaks English! geez…

Comment by ade – February 13, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • seriously… Adam’s comment is so dumb I don’t even know where the begin >_>

Comment by jess – February 14, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t a fan of Samuel Larson on the Glee Project, and this clip just confirms it. Jeez, this whole integrating winners thing is not going well. I shudder to think how they’re going to do Alex’s arc…

Comment by Emily – February 13, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gaaakkk!!! No!! Why did you have to remind me?!!! I had happily forgotten about Alex until you reminded me. :-/

Comment by Cheryl – February 13, 2012 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was such a stupid idea to bring those Glee project people in Glee. That Irish guy and that girl. I don’t even remember their names. And it’s not like they promised them some 10-5 minutes cameo in one episode. They promised them 8 or something episodes. So they both had 1 episode that was little centered around them and then… they put them in the background to play furniture. They don’t speak, they don’t have plot around them, they don’t do anything.
    I launched so hard when Mercedes, Santana and Brittany returned from that Troubletones group to New Directions…. And then that Glee Project girl was standing behind them. I was like: “Who the hell are you? What are you doing here? No one asked you to come back” I’m sure all the other New Directions people were thinking the same.
    I don’t understand why they promised them o much episodes. And now they have to be in our faces every time.

Comment by Shy – February 14, 2012 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you talking about Sugar? Because the girl who plays her isn’t from the Glee Project.

Comment by Milan – February 14, 2012 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So weird isn’t one of Rachel’s dad is black, there are so many great black actors that can portray Hiram why on the hell GLEE didn’t cast a black actor?

Comment by CookieGirL – February 14, 2012 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brian Stokes Mitchell IS black, a very light shade, but black.

Comment by Romy – February 14, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here we go again.

Comment by HeisBlackJeez – February 14, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m more excited about Rachel’s dads than I’ve been about anything in Glee since the 2nd episode of season 1.

Comment by jess – February 14, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINCHEL is all i wanna see tonight

Comment by Hannah – February 14, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How ironic that the episode following Whitney Houston’s death includes such a beautiful rendition of “I Will Always Love You”…

Comment by Cheri – February 14, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They can all sing and all of them are getting paid for doing what they are doing . They are playing a part but if anyone really wants to complain about anything Kurt can’t sing a drop. And I could care less about gay people it doesn’t bother me but I am an adult they shouldn’t put it on a high school show like life is easy BC its not when u come out so keep it to yourself until u r out of school.

Comment by april – February 14, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amen to that she sang the mess out of it. That’s about as good as it gets …

Comment by april – February 14, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I don’t get it: he isn’t Puck’s cousin anymore??

Comment by Leah – February 15, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Samuel Larsen is genuinely adorable and talented. I love his voice and he’s funny. He will only get better with time.

Comment by SabrinaL – February 18, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Samuel has a great voice and appears to work well with the glee cast. He has an untapped depth, I look forward in seeing him reveal it and develop it on Glee and beyond. He definitely is a passionate charismatic young man. I especially appreciate that he is not a sterotypical Christian.

Comment by Zarayah – April 12, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post