The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Sunday

Whitney Houston Tribute at GrammysOn TV this Sunday: The Grammy Awards celebrate music’s best including the late Whitney Houston, the stork visits Desperate Housewives, the walkers get Walking again and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, here are 12 programs to keep on your radar.

1:30 pm The Walking Dead marathon (AMC) | Get up to speed on Season 2′s first seven hours before the midseason premiere arrives at 9 pm.

Walking Dead Preview: ‘Barnageddon’ Aftermath Will Intensify the Fight for Leadership

8 pm Grammy Awards (CBS) | As part of the 54th annual ceremony, hosted by NCIS‘ LL Cool J, Jennifer Hudson will lead a tribute to Whitney Houston, who passed away on Saturday. Also, Adele, who is up for six awards, will deliver her first live performance since vocal chord surgery, and The Beach Boys reunite for their first appearance in two decades, with Foster the People and Maroon 5. (Adele fans can also see her profiled on 60 Minutes, airing at 7 pm.)

8 pm British Academy Film Awards (BBC) | Leading the nomination pool across the pond this year are The Artist, with 12 nods, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, with 11.

Emilie De Ravin Raves About Once Upon a Time‘s Lost Treats (Alas, No ‘Squirrel Baby’ for Belle)

9 pm Desperate Housewives (ABC) | Susan is in for a shock when Julie comes to visit, six months pregnant; Bree’s alcohol consumption and lust for men continues to ruin her life; Lynette’s first tryst since her separation doesn’t quite end in fireworks.

9 pm Downton Abbey (PBS) | As the last of the recovering officers depart Downton, the house is reverted to its former state — but not so its residents. The future looms large for a melancholy Robert, an uneasy Bates, a determined Sybil, a cunning Thomas and a desperate Ethel.

9 pm Luck | Ace enlists a cocky whiz kid (Suits‘ Patrick J. Adams) in his plans; Walter’s jockey takes a tumble just before his first race.

9 pm The Walking Dead (AMC) | Season 2.5 premiere: Rick and the others try to restore order after a terrible discovery; Hershel takes up an old habit and disappears. (Read our Walking Dead preview!)

Shameless‘ Justin Chatwin Previews Steve’s Quest to Win Back Fiona and His ‘Sticky’ Mess

10 pm Pan Am (ABC) | Dean’s fling stalks him to Rome with frightening consequences; Kate struggles with her dangerous fallout with Niko; Laura is spellbound with the photographer who shot her Life cover.

10 pm Comic Book Men | Premiere: This six-part series follows the fanboy culture in and around Kevin Smith’s comic shop, Jay and Silent Bob’s Secret Stash, where both staff and customers geek out over pop culture artifacts and the legends behind them.

10 pm Full Metal Jousting (History) | Series premiere: The dangerous collision sport is intensified with modern suits of steel, testing jousters’ courage and strength as they collide at 30 mph — all for a big cash payoff.

10 pm House of Lies (Showtime) | Marty goes to war with his son’s school when Roscoe is accused of sexual harassment for trying to kiss a boy; Jeannie gets cold feet about her upcoming wedding.

10:30 pm Angry Boys (HBO) | Season 1 finale: S.mouse catches a break; Nathan has an unforgettable last day in Dunt; Tim moves back to California — with Jen in tow.

Comments (30)

• ADELE! You’ve been missed.

Comment by ! – February 12, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time is on tonight, isn’t it?

Comment by xav – February 12, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep and there’s a link to a story about it up there. I cannot wait to see Claire Littletown on my screen again :D

Comment by lauren – February 12, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not keen on awards shows in any form (so won’t watch Grammys), but rooting for Adele. I think she will sweep every catagory she is nominated in. Sadly, I think Whitney’s passing will overshadow the whole thing anyway.
    Must see tonight: Once Upon A Time!

Comment by kirads09 – February 12, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why don’t you put ONCE UPON A TIME here?

Comment by fotreya – February 12, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The TV Line policy is apparently that if they have a larger story on it elsewhere, they include a link instead of listing it as one of the shows worth watching.
      Personally, I think it’s idiotic, as it would require minimal effort to do BOTH.

Comment by Simon Jester – February 12, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Downton Abbey!

Comment by Linds – February 12, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree about Adele sweeping everything shes noimated for and that the death of a legend will overshadow it
    Looking forward to Once upon a time I love me some Claire Littleton lol! Hottest girl on lost for me

Comment by Josh – February 12, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The BAFTAs, Grammys, Housewives and Downton. Good night!

Comment by Matt – February 12, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Desperate Housewives

Comment by Brandy – February 12, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time and Downton Abbey for me. Really fed up with award shows unless NPH or Billy Crystal are hosting, or maybe Sean Hayes. Downton is 2 hours, so, totally stoked.

Comment by Templar – February 12, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, thanks Templar. I didn’t know it was a 2hr ep tonight and your post let me readjust my dvr accordingly. I would have missed the second hour.

Comment by TheBeach – February 12, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Downton was 2 hours of greatness! Next week is the 2 hour season finale.

Comment by maggie – February 12, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching OUAT,Desperate Housewives, and Pan Am; while dvring The Grammy’s so I can fast forward through all the boring parts to get to the Whitney Tribute and Adele.

Comment by Liz – February 12, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Pan Am a rerun or has a miracle occured and this is a new episode? I’m too tired to remember wtf from the description and I guess on Grammy night some networks just throw in the towel?
    I never watch award shows except once I caught Pink singing up in the air and I was in tears. Never will forget that or her. And I do want to see how they handle Whitney’s death. I was a young girl when her music came out and she just seemed to have everything – so gifted and beautiful and carefree. This is what you think when you’re a high school kid looking at the surface..

Comment by Judy woodruff – February 12, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its out of order!! (really obviously out of order – like it should have ran in the fall) ugh, I’m pissed, I like this show, but it’s just rude that a network would do this!

Comment by di – February 12, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree it was completely ridiculous, it made no sense the whole episode, as we knew what happened to all the storylines after, why on earth would a network do that, it’s 2 fingers to the viewers.

Comment by Martina – February 14, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll catch some of the Grammys, but I often don’t find myself interested enough to watch the entire broadcast. Although I was pretty psyched when Arcade Fire won… Anyway, OUaT and Downton Abbey definitely.

Comment by em – February 12, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Downton Abbey! I love it!

Comment by sarina – February 12, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad that there is no comment made on the fact that Chris Brown is being allowed to perform at the Grammy’s while still on probation and doing community service for beating his girlfriend. A producer for the Grammy’s has commented about Brown needing to be given another chance. Maybe he should be given a second chance AFTER he’s finished serving his sentence? I won’t be watching because of his performance.

Comment by A – February 12, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT, desperate Housewives, and Pan Am. will DVR Grammys prob and watch skipping whatever.

Comment by juan – February 12, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walking Dead for me. I don’t care for award shows, especially the Grammys

Comment by Hibsta – February 12, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once upon a time, Desperate Housewives, and Pan Am and DVR House of Lie to watch after Pan Am

Comment by fernando – February 12, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Downton is on @ 8:00, right? I hope it doesn’t start early because I don’t want to miss once upon a time!

Comment by Kellie – February 12, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Depends on your time zone. If you are in Central then yes, but if you’re in Eastern it’s from 9:00-11:00. The 8:00 showing is a repeat of last week.

Comment by TheBeach – February 12, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same here on the west coast.

Comment by dianewith – February 12, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon A Time and The Grammys for me.
    Can’t wait to see Adele, and although it’s terribly sad, I’m looking forward to the Whitney tribute.

Comment by jenna – February 12, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUaT, Desp.Hwvs., The Walking Dead, Shameless, Luck Can you tell I dvr?

Comment by dianewith – February 12, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love, love, LOVE Downton Abby and I am super excited for a new Once. As for the Grammys…. pass.

Comment by Lauren K – February 12, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time followed by Downton Abbey made for the perfect night of TV.

Comment by maggie – February 12, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post