Exclusive

CSI: NY Exclusive: Jaime Ray Newman Returns!

Mac will soon receive another blast from the past when Jaime Ray Newman returns to CSI: NY as the detective’s late wife, Claire.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Eastwick alumna will reprise her emotionally-heightened role in the CBS cop drama’s eighth season finale, which is slated to air in May.

Exclusive: CSI: NY Reunites Former Greek Duo

Newman’s tragically doomed Claire last appeared in the Season 8 premiere, which flashed back to her death in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

CSI: NY, which last night aired its winter finale (to a slight rise in ratings!), will return with a new batch of episodes in March.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop

1. Hojana says:

Losing your wife is tragic…
    But for gods sake give the guy a new love interest already!!

2. bhtufhnukghj says:

FAC NY. GO EDDIE CAHILL THOUGH.

3. Lisa says:

CSI:NY is still my favorite of the CSIs, particularly since Sela Ward joined the cast. I hope that it is not cancelled.

4. lolo says:

I really enjoyed her last time she was on. The story line was well played out and very well done. This is one of the most under rated of the CSI’s

5. Guy S. says:

Just keep the new episodes coming! Addicted to this great show and fantastic cast!

6. Cath Richards says:

I really like CSI: NY but it is always on far too late here in OZ, Gary Sinese is way cool! Love it even more this year with David James Elliot appearing every so often! Can’t wait for the new season to commence here in Australia!!

7. Alicia L. says:

I really love CSI: NY and I thought she was great, but come on they have been talking about Clarie’s death since the first season and I’m kind of tired of it, especially since Melina Kanakaredes, left and Mac and Stella never got together!

8. MM says:

Please don’t worry about it being a soap opera back from the dead thing…he hallucinates her when the episode’s big event happens. I’ll stay away from saying what it is, but that’s basically it.

9. wordsmith says:

I always like seeing more of the lovely Ms. Newman on my TV, but I’d be more excited about seeing her make a return appearance on Grimm – there’s still some fun to be had with that character…

10. Daniel says:

CSI:NY is a great show. Have only just started season 8 in the UK but is excellent! Can’t wait for the rest!

11. Nardeen says:

this means there is a season 9 ???

12. aaron says:

you heard it here first. CSI NY is gone after this year! sorry

13. Lisa says:

Yay! I really liked her in the season premiere :) glad to see she’ll be back for another couple of scenes.

14. ljd213 says:

I loved this show in the beginning but the gave up two seasons ago. It needs to go, this is just painful, cliched and more poor storytelling.

15. Bouncy Castle, London, UK says:

JRN was great in Eureka. I miss Eureka.

16. Jayme Clayton says:

CSI: NY is my favorite show and in my opinion one the best shows on television. I hope there will be a Season 9 and many more seasons after that! #csiny #operation9

17. diane doughty says:

ido like the idea of gary having a girlfriend on csi ny but do hope they come back next season

18. Lynn says:

I love CSI : NY I don’t want it to b cancelled its a great show. I hate when networks cancel good shows like this.

19. Robert Kay says:

I love all of the CSI shows, can’t wait till CSI NY comes back at the end of March. I’m kinda tired of the reality shows, especially survivor and undercover boss.

20. Ayesha says:

I love CSI:NY, I don’t know what it is but there’s something about that just makes me want to watch it all the time. Please don’t ever stop making new episodes!

21. Rose says:

Geez, can’t tv leave good things alone!!! CSI:NY is awesome…my favorite now with the changes on CSI:… If need to cancel anything…cancel one of the reality shows…gads, dramas are much better..I love watching Mac, Jo, Don, Danny, Lindsay, Sid, Adam and Sheldon…
    Be a big mistake if they do. :(

22. Sally says:

I really like CSI New York and all the other CSI. please fo not cancell CSI New York or the other two.

23. Richard Burridge says:

I would to see a CSI done in the midwest like Chicago

24. AK says:

I really enjoy CSI: New York and miss it on Friday’s right now. It is actually my favorite of the 3 CSI shows. Please do not cancel it. I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

25. mary says:

Soooo excited she’s back. Is it March 30th yet?!?! I’ve been missing my #CSINY I can’t wait for it to come back, and here’s to hoping for season 9!!!