CSI: NY Exclusive: Jaime Ray Newman Returns!

Mac will soon receive another blast from the past when Jaime Ray Newman returns to CSI: NY as the detective’s late wife, Claire.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Eastwick alumna will reprise her emotionally-heightened role in the CBS cop drama’s eighth season finale, which is slated to air in May.

Exclusive: CSI: NY Reunites Former Greek Duo

Newman’s tragically doomed Claire last appeared in the Season 8 premiere, which flashed back to her death in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

CSI: NY, which last night aired its winter finale (to a slight rise in ratings!), will return with a new batch of episodes in March.

Comments (28)

• Losing your wife is tragic…
    But for gods sake give the guy a new love interest already!!

Comment by Hojana – February 11, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FAC NY. GO EDDIE CAHILL THOUGH.

Comment by bhtufhnukghj – February 11, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI:NY is still my favorite of the CSIs, particularly since Sela Ward joined the cast. I hope that it is not cancelled.

Comment by Lisa – February 11, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the addition of Sela Ward and would like to see another season of CSI NY

Comment by Mary Maxon – February 18, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed her last time she was on. The story line was well played out and very well done. This is one of the most under rated of the CSI’s

Comment by lolo – February 11, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just keep the new episodes coming! Addicted to this great show and fantastic cast!

Comment by Guy S. – February 11, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like CSI: NY but it is always on far too late here in OZ, Gary Sinese is way cool! Love it even more this year with David James Elliot appearing every so often! Can’t wait for the new season to commence here in Australia!!

Comment by Cath Richards – February 11, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love CSI: NY and I thought she was great, but come on they have been talking about Clarie’s death since the first season and I’m kind of tired of it, especially since Melina Kanakaredes, left and Mac and Stella never got together!

Comment by Alicia L. – February 11, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t worry about it being a soap opera back from the dead thing…he hallucinates her when the episode’s big event happens. I’ll stay away from saying what it is, but that’s basically it.

Comment by MM – February 11, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always like seeing more of the lovely Ms. Newman on my TV, but I’d be more excited about seeing her make a return appearance on Grimm – there’s still some fun to be had with that character…

Comment by wordsmith – February 11, 2012 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI:NY is a great show. Have only just started season 8 in the UK but is excellent! Can’t wait for the rest!

Comment by Daniel – February 11, 2012 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this means there is a season 9 ???

Comment by Nardeen – February 12, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you heard it here first. CSI NY is gone after this year! sorry

Comment by aaron – February 12, 2012 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PLEASE KEEP CSI NY ON ON ON IT IS WAY TOO GOOD TO BE DROPPED DONT BE STUPID

Comment by margaret – February 18, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And you know this how??

Comment by Shelley – March 1, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I really liked her in the season premiere :) glad to see she’ll be back for another couple of scenes.

Comment by Lisa – February 12, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show in the beginning but the gave up two seasons ago. It needs to go, this is just painful, cliched and more poor storytelling.

Comment by ljd213 – February 13, 2012 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JRN was great in Eureka. I miss Eureka.

Comment by Bouncy Castle, London, UK – February 13, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI: NY is my favorite show and in my opinion one the best shows on television. I hope there will be a Season 9 and many more seasons after that! #csiny #operation9

Comment by Jayme Clayton – February 13, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ido like the idea of gary having a girlfriend on csi ny but do hope they come back next season

Comment by diane doughty – February 16, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI : NY I don’t want it to b cancelled its a great show. I hate when networks cancel good shows like this.

Comment by Lynn – February 17, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all of the CSI shows, can’t wait till CSI NY comes back at the end of March. I’m kinda tired of the reality shows, especially survivor and undercover boss.

Comment by Robert Kay – February 17, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI:NY, I don’t know what it is but there’s something about that just makes me want to watch it all the time. Please don’t ever stop making new episodes!

Comment by Ayesha – February 18, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geez, can’t tv leave good things alone!!! CSI:NY is awesome…my favorite now with the changes on CSI:… If need to cancel anything…cancel one of the reality shows…gads, dramas are much better..I love watching Mac, Jo, Don, Danny, Lindsay, Sid, Adam and Sheldon…
    Be a big mistake if they do. :(

Comment by Rose – February 20, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like CSI New York and all the other CSI. please fo not cancell CSI New York or the other two.

Comment by Sally – March 1, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would to see a CSI done in the midwest like Chicago

Comment by Richard Burridge – March 6, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy CSI: New York and miss it on Friday’s right now. It is actually my favorite of the 3 CSI shows. Please do not cancel it. I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Comment by AK – March 8, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooo excited she’s back. Is it March 30th yet?!?! I’ve been missing my #CSINY I can’t wait for it to come back, and here’s to hoping for season 9!!!

Comment by mary – March 8, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post