Ratings: The Mentalist Sees a Season High, Grey's Rises, 30 Rock Pops and The Office Falls

CBS’ The Mentalist this Thursday inched up a few percentage points to deliver its largest audience of the season, 14.36 million total viewers.

Turning to the now-famous rivalry between Big Bang Theory and American Idol, the geeks held steady with 16.1 million viewers and a 5.5 demo rating, besting the Fox juggernaut’s demo in the shared half hour. Idol overall drew 18 mil and a 5.7, up 3 and 4 percent week-to-week.

Elsewhere on the night:

8 pm | Like Big Bang, CBS’ Rob was steady at 11 mil and a 3.4. Wipeout (5.2 mil/1.5) dropped double digits, a supersized (if critically derided) 30 Rock (3.85 mil/1.6) surged 19 and 23 percent (versus its DVR-glitched last outing), and Vampire Diaries (3 mil/1.2) lured in a few more eyeballs.

9 pm | Grey’s Anatomy (10.1 mil/3.9) led the hour in the demo, gaining 8 percent, while adding some viewers. Person of Interest matched its season-high audience of 15.1 mil, while drawing a 3.3 rating. Fox’s The Finder (6.52 mil/2.3) dipped a few percentage points. The Office (5.2 mil/2.5) was down 11 percent in the demo, while Up All Night (3.7 mil/1.8) was flat. Secret Circle (1.8 mil/0.8) added some viewers and a tenth in the demo.

10 pm | Trailing Mentalist, Private Practice was flat with 6.6 mil and a 2.3, while a repeat of The Voice (3.5 mil/1.5) performed 18 and 88 (!) percent better than The Firm at last tally, giving NBC a nine-week high for the time slot.

1. cerreno says:

I am glad for Grey’s and Vampire Diaries. At least they are safe for next season.
    Secret circle needs to crack the 2 mill mark

2. Renee says:

I’m glad more people are watching Person Of Interest. It’s been really good lately.

3. kirads09 says:

I hope Big Bang keeps besting Idol crap. Sheldon was so cute last night. Jim Parsons is comic genius.
    I am also glad to see Person of Interest doing so well. I love that show.

4. RyanD says:

I love 30 Rock, but it is starting to annoy me that this is the second double-episode since it came back on air, but Community was taken off the schedule because there was no space for it.

5. sarah says:

I am glad that Grey’s, Person of Interest and The Vampire Diaries are all doing well
    I watch The Secret Circle but am still on the fence about that show
    I do watch the Office as that is one of the few shows my husband watches so it allows us to watch something together but it really needs to end….every week that they viewers decline…I laugh

• Brad says:

Awesome for POI, TVD & TBBT! But I have to say, you should ask yourself this: Do you really hate your husband so much that you can’t stand his happiness??

6. Snapy says:

Glad that my CW shows are doing well. Secret Circle just keeps getting better!

7. Sam says:

Yay, BBT and Mentalist. Last night’s Mentalist was a good episode that kept me entertained the entire time. Loved the great Jane & Lisbon banter-those two together are gold. Loved Cho last night and the bit of cool Chigsby friendship we got and humming in the bg is the fallout that we all know is coming from the cover-up that Jane and Lisbon are involved in. Also loved that Jane went out and helped an innocent person because he’s cool like that. ;)

• Saint Alicia says:

Yep, last night’s Mentalist was really good, glad it had such a big audience. The Jane/Lisbon banter is always fantastic and I’m loving what they’re doing with Summer and Cho!
      “Kimball Cho’s a wallaby…”

8. Dot says:

Don’t miss parks and rec next week Thursday night louie c.k special guest star I can’t believe rob does better then parks and rec its a shame :(

9. The Squatch says:

I read several of these type of sites and I must have missed something. Where was last night’s episode of 30 Rock “critically derided”? Or did they mean the show in general? Even so, it is just casually mentioned as if the show is famously disliked, yet I never really got that feeling from anyone.

10. Aprilcot26 says:

Thursday’s episode of Idol was crap(pier than normal). I’m not going to waste an hour watching a show where nothing actually happens. Also, I know The Office is nowhere near where it used to be, but how is getting HALF the ratings of Rob!?!