Fox Announces House Series Finale Date, Hotel Hell Premiere

Fox has confirmed House‘s official check-out date.

The Hugh Laurie-led medical drama will conclude its eight-year run on Monday, May 21, following an uninterrupted eight-week run of new episodes.

On Wednesday, House creator David Shore, along with fellow executive producer Katie Jacobs and Laurie, released a joint statement explaining their decision to end the series on their own terms.

House Swan Song Scoop: 3 Things You Need to Know About The Series Finale (and Beyond)

Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay’s millionth new series for Fox, Hotel Hell — which features the hot-headed chef visiting different accommodations that need some serious shaping-up — is set to debut Friday, April 6 at 8 pm.

The network has also officially confirmed what TVLine first reported on Thursday: Bones will resume its season on Thursday, April 5 at 9 pm.

Tags: , ,

Comments (28)

• Everyone keeps using those old season House cast photos – that makes me sad.

Comment by ScrubsGuy – February 10, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a fitting nod to the House we all fell in love with.

Comment by Emily – February 10, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except that show has long been dead.

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 10, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s not dead. It just has sarcoidosis. Do a PET scan to confirm and treat with corticosteroids.

Comment by Greg H. – February 10, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • win! xD

Comment by Mafalda Neto – February 11, 2012 06:30 AM PDT
  • I’ve drifted in and out of House if truth be known, but even so it’ll be sad to see it go. As for Gordon Ramsay, I don’t really get the fascination I’m afraid. It does sadden me that FOX have invested in another show of this type, when they have cancelled shows such as Lie To Me that were clever, clever programmes with likeable characters to boot. I know my opinion is probably not worth an awful lot, and many, many will disagree. However, I thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion.
    Many Thanks

Comment by DontcallmeKeys – February 10, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you comments about Lie To Me. Great show.

Comment by scarlett – May 13, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will miss House but the end signals I will no longer be watching the hate mongering fox network.

Comment by HouseObsessedAgain – February 10, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Hate-mongering”? Certainly not toward HOUSE — they kept it around longer than I would have.

Comment by Simon Jester – February 11, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Simon jester – the commenter is sadly trying to turn an article about television into a political statement.

Comment by Rebecca – February 14, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I WONT SEE ANYTHING IN FOX NETWORK,HE IS MY IDOL !!!!

Comment by rosa – March 3, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP

Comment by ki – February 10, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, the soap opera “Bones” will be returning in April. Oh goody…NOT!

Comment by Tania – February 10, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ramsay. The more programs with him the better!

Comment by Kasper – February 10, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show was dead the day Cutty decided to walk away. I knew it would be cancelled. Ratings have been very poor this season. 2.5 is awful for an expensive show like this.

Comment by Mike – February 10, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are they going to announce the fate of Terra Nova this is driving me crazy!!

Comment by Apple – February 10, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE GIVE GREG HOUSE A HAPPY ENDING WITHOUT CUDDY! HE DESERVES IT!

Comment by shiremaid – February 10, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the ratings if people can read have never fallen and i am happy cuddy left.. house need it a ending with out a drama of a women that don t understand him anyway so thanks god he gat the great ending

Comment by Sarah Steinmueller – June 9, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One thing for sure…after may 21st, tv will be boring forever….and specially nxt fall….
    Im Gonna need a long cure…hanging or retire my remote…from FOX (others networks too) during the week..(and watch only the Simpsons & Bob’s Burger)

Comment by Jules – February 10, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I’ll miss seeing Hugh Laurie brilliantly play House, it’s best to end the show. The writing has been good this year, and it’s better to go out on a high note than a low note (like the last couple of years.)

Comment by mags – February 10, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House has been getting a bit stale but I watch it because of Hugh Laurie and will miss not seeing him on a weekly series.

Comment by Snazzy – February 11, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE HOUSE ! I hope I can get over the LOSS!

Comment by vamort – February 11, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Hugh Laurie, House not so much. It’s been a while since we had a good season. Season 8 isn’t as bad as season 7, but it’s still far cry from season 1 to 5.
    I hope we can see Cuddy & 13 (and why not Cameron) one last time before the end.

Comment by solo1861 – February 11, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The title of this post says it all as to the direction in which FOX programming is going: intelligent, thought-provoking shows like House are giving way to reality programming like Hotel Hell! I agree it’s time for House to go, but the character will never be forgotten.

Comment by jclynn – February 11, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, the ratings have been lower in the US, but House is still the most watched show in the world. Yet again, another case of Americans thinking we’re the only country that matters.

Comment by Housedaddy4 – February 12, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We are the only country that matters when we make the show.

Comment by Midori – February 13, 2012 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about what kind of ending this show will have I just care abut the show is ending because it has been the best show ever. There is no other good show to watch on tv.

Comment by Aida – February 12, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda saw the end coming. I’ve been a fan of House for a few years, and although not entirely happy with it ending, I feel it was time to say goodbye. Eight years is a great run for a show, and there are definatly going to be a lot of fans missing the antics we saw every monday. As for the finale, I’m looking forward to how the writers will play it out, but I’m can easily say that I’m probably not the only one who wants to see something big with House and Wilson. It would be interesting to see it with Cuddy, but as episodes like ‘The Down Low’ have shown, there is definatly some spark there. Okay, now I’m just babbling…

Comment by jess – February 20, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post