Fox Announces House Series Finale Date, Hotel Hell Premiere

Fox has confirmed House‘s official check-out date.

The Hugh Laurie-led medical drama will conclude its eight-year run on Monday, May 21, following an uninterrupted eight-week run of new episodes.

On Wednesday, House creator David Shore, along with fellow executive producer Katie Jacobs and Laurie, released a joint statement explaining their decision to end the series on their own terms.

House Swan Song Scoop: 3 Things You Need to Know About The Series Finale (and Beyond)

Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay’s millionth new series for Fox, Hotel Hell — which features the hot-headed chef visiting different accommodations that need some serious shaping-up — is set to debut Friday, April 6 at 8 pm.

The network has also officially confirmed what TVLine first reported on Thursday: Bones will resume its season on Thursday, April 5 at 9 pm.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Finales, News, Scheduling News

1. ScrubsGuy says:

Everyone keeps using those old season House cast photos – that makes me sad.

2. DontcallmeKeys says:

I’ve drifted in and out of House if truth be known, but even so it’ll be sad to see it go. As for Gordon Ramsay, I don’t really get the fascination I’m afraid. It does sadden me that FOX have invested in another show of this type, when they have cancelled shows such as Lie To Me that were clever, clever programmes with likeable characters to boot. I know my opinion is probably not worth an awful lot, and many, many will disagree. However, I thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion.
    Many Thanks

3. HouseObsessedAgain says:

Will miss House but the end signals I will no longer be watching the hate mongering fox network.

4. Tania says:

So, the soap opera “Bones” will be returning in April. Oh goody…NOT!

5. Kasper says:

I love Ramsay. The more programs with him the better!

6. Mike says:

Show was dead the day Cutty decided to walk away. I knew it would be cancelled. Ratings have been very poor this season. 2.5 is awful for an expensive show like this.

7. Apple says:

When are they going to announce the fate of Terra Nova this is driving me crazy!!

8. shiremaid says:

PLEASE GIVE GREG HOUSE A HAPPY ENDING WITHOUT CUDDY! HE DESERVES IT!

• the ratings if people can read have never fallen and i am happy cuddy left.. house need it a ending with out a drama of a women that don t understand him anyway so thanks god he gat the great ending

9. Jules says:

One thing for sure…after may 21st, tv will be boring forever….and specially nxt fall….
    Im Gonna need a long cure…hanging or retire my remote…from FOX (others networks too) during the week..(and watch only the Simpsons & Bob’s Burger)

10. mags says:

While I’ll miss seeing Hugh Laurie brilliantly play House, it’s best to end the show. The writing has been good this year, and it’s better to go out on a high note than a low note (like the last couple of years.)

11. Snazzy says:

House has been getting a bit stale but I watch it because of Hugh Laurie and will miss not seeing him on a weekly series.

12. vamort says:

I LOVE HOUSE ! I hope I can get over the LOSS!

13. solo1861 says:

I will miss Hugh Laurie, House not so much. It’s been a while since we had a good season. Season 8 isn’t as bad as season 7, but it’s still far cry from season 1 to 5.
    I hope we can see Cuddy & 13 (and why not Cameron) one last time before the end.

14. jclynn says:

The title of this post says it all as to the direction in which FOX programming is going: intelligent, thought-provoking shows like House are giving way to reality programming like Hotel Hell! I agree it’s time for House to go, but the character will never be forgotten.

15. Housedaddy4 says:

Yes, the ratings have been lower in the US, but House is still the most watched show in the world. Yet again, another case of Americans thinking we’re the only country that matters.

16. Aida says:

I don’t care about what kind of ending this show will have I just care abut the show is ending because it has been the best show ever. There is no other good show to watch on tv.

17. jess says:

I kinda saw the end coming. I’ve been a fan of House for a few years, and although not entirely happy with it ending, I feel it was time to say goodbye. Eight years is a great run for a show, and there are definatly going to be a lot of fans missing the antics we saw every monday. As for the finale, I’m looking forward to how the writers will play it out, but I’m can easily say that I’m probably not the only one who wants to see something big with House and Wilson. It would be interesting to see it with Cuddy, but as episodes like ‘The Down Low’ have shown, there is definatly some spark there. Okay, now I’m just babbling…