Exclusive

Community Exclusive: Smallville Vet, Scrubs Alum, Parks and Rec Player Visit Greendale

Several familiar faces will be dropping by Community whenever the long-benched comedy makes a blessed return to the NBC schedule.

First up, TVLine has learned exclusively that veteran actor Michael Ironside (Smallville, ER, Total Recall) has landed a guest spot in Community‘s upcoming homage to Law & Order.

Community Cast Reveals What Will Happen When (Yes, When!) the Show Returns

As we first reported, the Greendale gang will pay tribute to NBC’s late, long-running drama when they stage their own crime scene-turned-court room scenario, with Ironside playing a gruff Army General in the trial’s opposing counsel.

Also set to appear in a future episode is Travis Schuldt, aka Elliot’s former fiancé Keith Dudemeister on Scrubs. We can’t reveal much about Schuldt’s hilarious role, other than he’s very mysterious and will be romantically involved with Britta.

Exclusive: Community Is Going to War — Over Another Massive Blanket Fort!

Lastly, recurring Parks and Recreation player Kirk Fox (Pawnee’s “Sewage Joe”) will bring some (more) weirdness to Greendale as the full-fledged Carnie that Britta falls for when the carnival comes to town. (As Gillian Jacobs told us with a laugh on set last week, “Britta’s really slutting it up.”)

Which Community casting has you most excited for its (hopefully) imminent return? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Scoop, Spoilers

1. John says:

Hell F***ING YEAH! Michael Ironside is the best! Awesome casting.

2. simoun says:

This bit of casting news is both invigorating and depressing. I check TVLine everyday hoping against hope that I get news of Community’s start date. They should have just put 30 Rock back on Thursdays (after essentially cancelling The Firm) at 10 PM and put Community back on its original time slot. It’s not like 30 Rock’s performance so far is streets ahead.
    Well, news like this makes me look forward to the remainder of the season everyday. #SixSeasonsAndaMovie!!

3. Corinne says:

I just want Community back :'(

4. Bavarian Erin says:

Kirk Fox! He’s awesome! And as a carny? Well, that just made my day!

5. Brendan says:

At least the fact that they’re still casting new parts is a nice reminder/reassurance that it will indeed be back. Just not soon enough… (because ‘soon enough’ passed about 5 minutes after the most recent episode finished airing)

6. Nate says:

It does give me false hope when the title says ‘Show’ Vet and it turns out to be someone who’s only appeared in a few episodes and is known for many other things, alum is pretty much the same, but Keith had been in several episodes spanning seasons so it’s alright.

7. Michael Sacal says:

“a gruff Army General ”
    that seems to be all he plays these days, but it’s better than nothing.

8. justine says:

That’s right Community writers, just keep bringing in guys to distract Britta so she can’t get in the way of Jeff/Annie and everyone will be happy.

• Angela says:

Well, to be fair, we don’t know how Jeff (or Annie) will react to these guys Britta’s meeting. It could change the dynamic of that little back and forth, too.
      Anywho, sounds interesting. I’m really curious about the carnival episode, I can only imagine how that’s going to go down. And the “Law & Order” thing intrigues me, too.
      Ultimately, though, the thing I’m MOST excited about: Actual. Return. Date. Want this. NOW.

9. Nathan says:

If you follow Dan Harmon’s twitter its not a big secret that Michael Ironside is guest starring

10. Ari says:

Dude, I miss Sewage Joe. He was my favorite random townie other than the bird man and the woman who made sun tea out of the sprinkler water and poisoned herself.

11. JOsh says:

Of course Britta falls for a carnie…Oh Britta.

12. João Amaral says:

Keith YEY!

13. Amy says:

I laughed at ‘slutting it up’. Gillian is adorable. Also, I MISS COMMUNITY SO DAMN MUCH!

14. Javier says:

Just bring it back and renew it for 3 more seasons….and let’s not forget that movie.

15. Cindi says:

I just want the return date. Will be watching on Hulu and stuff til then. I miss the group :'(

16. Cindi says:

17. CJ says:

I MISS COMMUNITY!!!! This makes me even more enthusiastic for its return. I can’t wait! Go Human Beings!

18. L says:

Of course they’re bringing in love interests for Britta…to make Jeff jealous. I can totally see it happening. It’s so obvious. Bleugh. Try something else already.

19. Kat says:

Britta and the guy that played Keith?! Perfect casting. I can totally picture that. Feel kinda bad for Troy though. I just started warming up to him and Britta together.

20. Britta's Mom says:

Therse guys will only confirm that Jeff is her soulmate. Jeff n Britta foreva. Annie can be with Abed or Chang Pierce or Troy or Garrett or Fat Neil, just lay off of Jeff!