Pilot Scoop: Fox Orders Becki Newton Comedy from How I Met Your Mother Team

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Fox has picked up a family comedy from How I Met Your Mother executive producers Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and Chris Harris, to star Becki Newton — who happens to start an arc on the CBS sitcom this Monday.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

The Goodwin Games is described as a single-camera comedy about three siblings who must reconnect in order to inherit their recently-deceased father’s fortune. The onetime Ugly Betty beauty will play one of the children.

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive Video: Becki Newton Drops a Bombshell on Barney

Fox’s other comedy pilot orders this season include Little Brother (starring John Stamos and T.J. Little), Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence’s semi-autobiographical Like Father, Prodigy Bully (based on a series of one-minute movies) and an untitled vehicle written by and starring The Office‘s Mindy Kaling. (All of Fox’s pilots can be found here.)

Comments (13)

• Where the hell is Fox going to put all these sitcoms if they work out? They have no space as is and the way they treat their shows they will all be filler and yanked into 4 different time slots at different intervals within months?! If Fox wants to compete legit and do comedy blocks they need to program an extra hour once and for all!!

Comment by DavidSask – February 10, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I loved her in Ugly Betty and she was good in Love Bites this summer.

Comment by Mark – February 10, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well at least we now know that Barney is not going to be marrying Quinn since now Becki Newt has now got her own show so she will be leaving HIMYM!! Hell Yeah which means this probably means that it is probably Robin that Barney is marrying. Now I’m very Happy about this!!=-)

Comment by Marie – February 10, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not necessarily. Barney and Quinn could still marry, but then divorce.

Comment by Meg – February 10, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! Love Becki Newton, can’t wait to see her on HIMYM, and I’m crossing my fingers that this pilot is awesome and gets picked up for a full season…and that they also find a way to cast Michale Urie :-). I miss Mark and Amanda!

Comment by Megs – February 10, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damn you beat me.. I’m calling gay best friend RIGHT NOW.

Comment by Danielle H – February 10, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So if HIMYM is any guide the children won’t get the inheritance until likely final episode with only a movement or two forward each season on the central premise.
    Just have gotten tired of the non movement on HIMYM central story line.

Comment by Matt P – February 10, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! this is great news. cant wait to see her on HIMYM and hopefully this gets picked up!

Comment by Jake – February 10, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Becki always brings so much to every show she stars in. She is so likeable and I love watching her! I cant wait for this show. I hope it gets a pick up

Comment by S – February 10, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Her!!! And she deserves her own series, I’m glad she won’t stay in HIMYM… ‘Because Barney must marry Robin!!!!

Comment by Alberto – February 11, 2012 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TJ *Miller* (not Little) is starring in Little Brother. Just sayin’. ;)

Comment by Mel – February 11, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Er, does this mean she WON’T be sticking around on HIMYM?

Comment by Ella – February 12, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • on one hand I’ll watch anything becki newton’s in; on the other Fox is like the grim reaper to comedies. They’ve really fallen since the days of Arrested Development and That 70′s Show so I’m a little worried. Hope Bays and Thomas know how to take care of our girl!

Comment by jess – February 13, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post