The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Thursday

On TV this Thursday: Valentine’s Day at 30 Rock and Seattle Grace could not be more different, girls get wild at a Secret Circle slumber party, the Swamp People return and more. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features, we’ve picked nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm 30 Rock (NBC) | Double episode! Jack entertains his mother-in-law (guest star Mary Steenburgen, Bored to Death); Tracy and Frank try to help Lutz find someone to spend Valentine’s with; Criss and Liz can’t celebrate until they buy a table.

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | After Sheldon is forced to take vacation, he goes to work with Amy in her neurobiology lab; Bernadette tries to get Howard to sign a pre-nup.

8:30 pm Rob (CBS) | Rob asks Hector to teach him Spanish – in secret – so he can understand what Maggie’s family is saying about him. Let’s hope this turns out better than it did for Elaine Benes and her Korean manicurists.

Vampire Diaries‘ Candice Accola on Caroline’s Feelings for Klaus and Tyler’s Whereabouts

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | For Valentine’s Day, Callie surprises Arizona with a romantic evening, Derek and Meredith spend the night out and Ben proves to Bailey that he knows her better than she thinks. (But it’s not all fun and games — check out our first look video in this week’s Spoiler Alert.)

9 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | Finch grows concerned that the son of his former business partner is dangerously close to finding out about The Machine. The X Factor‘s Astro makes his acting debut.

9 pm The Secret Circle (The CW) | Faye, Melissa, Diana and Cassie enjoy a “girls only” anti-Valentine’s Day slumber party — but the night gets wilder than expected when Diana dabbles in “Devil’s Spirit.” (Get scoop and view photos!)

9 pm Swamp People (History) | Season 3 premiere: The next 30-day hunting season kicks off with a “Gator Gold rush.” (P.S. If you’re near NYC, Chelsea Market is converted into a makeshift swamp for the week.)

9:30 pm Up All Night (NBC) | When Ava and Kevin have an epic blow-out, Reagan and Chris find themselves wistful for relationship drama — and unintentionally end up creating some of their own. (Watch exclusive clip!)

Private Practice‘s KaDee Strickland Previews a ‘Raw’ Moment, Eyes Charlotte’s Own ‘Alt Reality’

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | Jane tries to prove a murder trial defendant has been wrongfully accused before time runs out. Diane Farr (Numb3rs) and Samaire Armstrong (Dirty Sexy Money) guest-star.

Which of the above is must-see for you? Also, hit Comments to offer your own tune-in suggestions!

Comments (30)

• Greys looks great!

Comment by Laurie – February 9, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and THE SECRET CIRCLE! And I’m going to DVR Person of Interest. I can’t wait for these two new episodes of TVD and TSC tonight. Book lovers of Secret Circle are going to love it, because they are taking a scene right out of the books and putting it in tonight’s episode. Plus, this is the episode where we get spirits of vengeful witches that look extremely powerful, and it’s the episode before [SPOILER ALERT] Blackwell finally comes in!
    Also, I saw some clips for tonight’s episode of The Secret Circle, and Diana and Melissa are hilarious in them! This show has grown so much, I really enjoy it, the characters, and the story surrounding Blackwell, the Witch Hunters and the dark magic.
    Also, really looking forward to the Original Ball tonight on TVD! A good night all around.

Comment by Anon – February 9, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So NBC can air two episodes of 30 Rock but not one of Community?

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 9, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, since 30 Rock is getting lower rating that Community (YAY!), they need to burn off the 30 Rock eps to make way to bring Community back!

Comment by Amanda – February 9, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d rather them put Whitney back on Thursday, get rid of Are You There, Chelsea? and put Community and 30 Rock on Wednesday nights together.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – February 9, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • if that proves anything it proves that even 30 rock can’t compete in the crappy time slot Community was stuck in…i hope Community will be back but not in the same time slot because for me season 3 is not enough and even a renewal for a fourth season is great but not a satisfactory option i really want more than 4 seasons

Comment by Ruba – February 9, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 6 seasons and a movie.

Comment by Tine – February 9, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My priorities are The Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle. I will record Grey’s and Person of Interest
    I have to laugh that the Office does not make this list of shows to watch as it is new tonight I guess that they general thoughts on the show this season is it sucks and I have to agree. It should have ended last season

Comment by sarah – February 9, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang Theory
    Person of Interest
    The Mentalist

Comment by kirads09 – February 9, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TBBT, Finder, Mentalist.

Comment by Templar – February 9, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PERSON OF INTEREST! Greys and PP have long since jumped the shark

Comment by intelliwoman – February 9, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still love Grey’s Anatomy and watch the new episodes weekly. It’s a matter of opinion whether it’s jumped the shark or not, but considering the intense competition it gets on Thursday nights from other networks, it gets some very respectable ratings too.

Comment by Amy – February 9, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Person of Interest, and Big Bang Theory all going on the DVR tonight.

Comment by G – February 9, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thursday’s used to be very busy for me.. and now it’s just The Mentalist.

Comment by Meghan – February 9, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So there are 2 episodes of 30 Rock, but no Parks and Recreation? Or no Office? I wonder if they’re trying to blow through the episodes quickly or something, since they played 2 the other week, too. I know the ratings haven’t been good.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – February 9, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 30 Rock has 17 episodes to air over 4 months, P&R – only 8.

Comment by js – February 9, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • btw, there is a new episode of The office tonight

Comment by js – February 9, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, The Mentalist

Comment by Bella – February 9, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest with Astro from X Factor & The Mentalist.

Comment by kevin – February 9, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vamp Diaries
    Secret Circle
    The Finder
    Grimm
    Swamp People

Comment by Velvet – February 9, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries
    TBBT
    The Secret Circle
    Grey’s Anatomy
    Private Practice
    The Mentalist

Comment by Madison – February 9, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Project Runway: Allstars, I schedule my other recordings around it.

Comment by Richard – February 9, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch CBS likes I does every night!! Thems has real good crime storyplots on they shows that I can figure out sometimes and they shows done gots new storys every week so my brain don’t hurt tryin too remember things. Thems gots the best funny shows to cuz thems got laughing tracks so you done know when it’s funny! I loves me my CBS shows!

Comment by CBS viewer – February 9, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with ya, cuz. I hate laugh tracks.

Comment by TheBeach – February 9, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww, no Finder this week? :(
    TBBT, Person of Interest, Up All Night and The Mentalist for me then this week.

Comment by localboy – February 9, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My usual.
    TBBT and hockey!

Comment by Julie – February 9, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder, The Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, and The Office are on my must watch list tonight.

Comment by Justin – February 9, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Secret Circle and Private Practice, I know i stand in a small team but I love PP more then Grey’s season 6 was the last season i saw, it just didnt work for me any more, but i love PP, its really great.

Comment by fernando – February 9, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all, I can’t believe Swamp People made the list. Second of all, I secretly (not so secretly?) ADORE Swamp People. I’ll be watching TVD and Swamp People and maybe Grey’s.

Comment by Ari – February 9, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Booyah! “Shoot em, Liz! Shoot em!” LOL Friggen Troy.

Comment by EE – March 3, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post