Exclusive

Exclusive Video: The Mentalist Uncorks Wine Plot Starring Numb3rs' Diane Farr

Correct us if we’re wrong, but doesn’t this exclusive sneak preview of The Mentalist have a rather, um, plummy quality, with guest-starry overtones and just a note of Sideways at the end?
It’s a teaser from tonight’s episode (CBS, 10/9c) in which Patrick (Simon Baker) and Teresa (Robin Tunney) are called upon to crack a case set at a winery. That’s Numb3rsDiane Farr, as previously reported, playing the vintner (vintness?) and former NYPD Blue copper Bonnie Somerville as her partner (in crime?).
Click below to check it out. Just don’t blame me if you come away with a buzz and a hankering for cheese and crackers.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. tj says:

Not only did mentalist rip off the show concept from Psych, but now it is ripping storylines too.

• Brigitte says:

I am also a fan from Psych, but Bones also did a winery episode a few seasons ago. Considering the Mentalist is set in Cali like Psych, makes sense that a winery would come into play. (Much more than Bones “award winning” Virginia Winery)

2. Tcmcdavekeller says:

Seriously? That doesn’t even make sense.

3. Sarah says:

I’m a big fan of both Psych and The Mentalist. Although they have a very similar central concept they are very different shows in style and tone. Psych did have a show set in a vineyard but it doesn’t seem like The Mentalist is using the same storyline to me.

4. Gata says:

@tj – Since I have been watching more and more procedural, I realize they all rip off the stories. Some things I’ve seen on Bones, I have seen elsewhere. Some things I have seen on The Mentalist (I just started watching since they’ve been on TNT), I’ve seen elsewhere I just can’t remember the exact show. The same goes for The Closer…nobody is re-inventing the wheel here, it just depends if you like the actors/actresses that are delivering the lines or not!!!
    I’ve also noticed that the same “character actors” appear all over the procedurals, especially on TNT. I am only up to about 1/2 a dozen procedurals, but

• templar says:

True, except Law & Order which takes it storylines practically word for word from recent news stories. No imagination.

5. Saint Alicia says:

ANYWAY… Looking forward to this ep, love Jane’s BS-ing and how he instantly slips into whatever role is needed. Also, today I learned Diane Farr and Kim Raver are not the same person.

6. Rgator904 says:

What winery was this filmed at?

7. Art Jorgensen says:

I’m amazed that no one else has noticed. The wine that Patrick Jane was tasting may have been “great” and may have had a “smoky taste” at the end. But it certainly wasn’t a Cabernet. It could have been a Matisse or a Rose but a Cabernet? No way–how could the prop department have screwed that up so badly that I (a Cabernet drinker all my life) spotted it right away?

8. Art Jorgensen says:

Sorry about the previous post. I meant to say it could have been a Mateus. Matisse is not a red wine but, I guess, a pretty good painter.