Pilot Scoop: NBC's Frontier Corrals Bridget Regan, Ethan Embry and Jake McLaughlin

Get More: News, Pilots

The Frontier Bridget Regan Bridget Regan (Legend of the Seeker), Ethan Embry (Brotherhood) and Jake McLaughlin (Crash) have boarded NBC’s Western-themed pilot The Frontier, TVLine has learned.

From writer/producer Shaun Cassidy (Invasion) and director Thomas Schlamme (Studio 60 on the Sunset StripThe West Wing),
the drama is described as an intense tale of survival in which a group of disparate travelers in the early 1800s embark on an incredible cross-country adventure through the west where danger stalks them at every turn.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

The cast also includes Megan Ferguson (Boardwalk Empire), English actor Al Weaver and relative newcomer Gina Bramhill.

Comments (21)

• booooring

Comment by rod – February 9, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you’re bored, then you’re boring.

Comment by J – February 9, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • if you are not bored, then you are not in the desirable demo for a network Tv show

Comment by rod – February 9, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds great I miss this frontier theme you don’t see it much anymore also love Bridget regan can’t wait

Comment by Nena j – February 9, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um…. sounds sorta like LoTS but in the West. Hey, it has Regan in it, so if it makes it to air I’ll watch it for a few epis to see if it sucks or is good.

Comment by dk` – February 9, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um…this doesn’t sound anything at all like LoTS. What are you smoking?

Comment by Dav – February 10, 2012 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boycott all things NBC. When Bob Goldblatt gets fired, return if you want.

Comment by DN – February 9, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like some of the other posters here, I’ll watch anything if it’s got Bridget Regan in it. There were so many things that were just not right about Legend of the Seeker (I’ve read all the books), but she was always spot on. She was great in TNT’s recent movie-of-the-week series.

Comment by DL – February 9, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. I read the books, too, and I always thought she was the only right thing in LoTS. I’ve watched every single one of her works, and I don’t regret it (except for maybe The Best and The Brightest, ’cause that was just plain stupid.).

Comment by May – February 10, 2012 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bridget Regan from LOTS, so I will definitely tune in to this. :)

Comment by Mikaylah – February 9, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ethan Embry, but I think this pilot will be a stinker. Hopefully, it will raise his profile, though.

Comment by Tarc – February 9, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show in the 1960s when it was called Wagon Train! (Or when it was in space and called Star Trek or Firefly.)

Comment by Ina Hark – February 9, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i keep telling people that we’re swinging back into another 10 year long love affair with all things country. It’s the late 80s early 90s all over again. Blake, Miranda, Lady Antebellum, Scotty. Vampires are on the way out and the west/country is in. Saddle up, Baby.

Comment by Templar – February 9, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch anything Bridget is in…I’m so excited!!!!

Comment by Tiffany – February 9, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bridget Regan is involved so I WILL be watching!! Let’s just hope the show is in a decent timeslot and isn’t continually moved making us guess when to watch!!! I’m so excited to see B on a new show in a significant role! She’s amazing ;-) GREAT CHOICE!!!

Comment by Jami – February 9, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had me at Bridget Regan
    But…Le Sigh, too bad its on NBC. Zero confidence in any new show there.

Comment by Doug – February 10, 2012 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good God that woman is attractive!

Comment by Lex – February 10, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Bridget Regan…but still am angry at NBC for cancelling “Chuck”. Kahlan Amnell! ;) :D

Comment by Vannesa – February 10, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t seen her since her small role on Castle as a redhead.

Comment by shaun – February 10, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not really a western fan but i love Shaun Cassidy’s shows. This genius is behind the creepy tale “American Gothic” and the cult alien-in-the-water/hybrid évolution “Invasion”.
    I cant wait to see Cassidy’s vision of western.

Comment by Boone – February 18, 2012 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL, these comments are so funny xD Of course I’ll watch it if B is in it!! She’s amazing :D

Comment by Marlin – February 20, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post