Pilot Scoop: NBC's Frontier Corrals Bridget Regan, Ethan Embry and Jake McLaughlin

The Frontier Bridget Regan Bridget Regan (Legend of the Seeker), Ethan Embry (Brotherhood) and Jake McLaughlin (Crash) have boarded NBC’s Western-themed pilot The Frontier, TVLine has learned.

From writer/producer Shaun Cassidy (Invasion) and director Thomas Schlamme (Studio 60 on the Sunset StripThe West Wing),
the drama is described as an intense tale of survival in which a group of disparate travelers in the early 1800s embark on an incredible cross-country adventure through the west where danger stalks them at every turn.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

The cast also includes Megan Ferguson (Boardwalk Empire), English actor Al Weaver and relative newcomer Gina Bramhill.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: News, Pilots

1. rod says:

booooring

2. Nena j says:

Sounds great I miss this frontier theme you don’t see it much anymore also love Bridget regan can’t wait

3. dk` says:

Um…. sounds sorta like LoTS but in the West. Hey, it has Regan in it, so if it makes it to air I’ll watch it for a few epis to see if it sucks or is good.

4. DN says:

Boycott all things NBC. When Bob Goldblatt gets fired, return if you want.

5. DL says:

Like some of the other posters here, I’ll watch anything if it’s got Bridget Regan in it. There were so many things that were just not right about Legend of the Seeker (I’ve read all the books), but she was always spot on. She was great in TNT’s recent movie-of-the-week series.

• May says:

Totally agree. I read the books, too, and I always thought she was the only right thing in LoTS. I’ve watched every single one of her works, and I don’t regret it (except for maybe The Best and The Brightest, ’cause that was just plain stupid.).

6. Mikaylah says:

I love Bridget Regan from LOTS, so I will definitely tune in to this. :)

7. Tarc says:

I love Ethan Embry, but I think this pilot will be a stinker. Hopefully, it will raise his profile, though.

8. Ina Hark says:

I loved this show in the 1960s when it was called Wagon Train! (Or when it was in space and called Star Trek or Firefly.)

9. Templar says:

i keep telling people that we’re swinging back into another 10 year long love affair with all things country. It’s the late 80s early 90s all over again. Blake, Miranda, Lady Antebellum, Scotty. Vampires are on the way out and the west/country is in. Saddle up, Baby.

10. Tiffany says:

I will watch anything Bridget is in…I’m so excited!!!!

11. Jami says:

Bridget Regan is involved so I WILL be watching!! Let’s just hope the show is in a decent timeslot and isn’t continually moved making us guess when to watch!!! I’m so excited to see B on a new show in a significant role! She’s amazing ;-) GREAT CHOICE!!!

12. Doug says:

You had me at Bridget Regan
    But…Le Sigh, too bad its on NBC. Zero confidence in any new show there.

13. Lex says:

Good God that woman is attractive!

14. Vannesa says:

Love Bridget Regan…but still am angry at NBC for cancelling “Chuck”. Kahlan Amnell! ;) :D

15. shaun says:

Haven’t seen her since her small role on Castle as a redhead.

16. Boone says:

I’m not really a western fan but i love Shaun Cassidy’s shows. This genius is behind the creepy tale “American Gothic” and the cult alien-in-the-water/hybrid évolution “Invasion”.
    I cant wait to see Cassidy’s vision of western.

17. Marlin says:

LOL, these comments are so funny xD Of course I’ll watch it if B is in it!! She’s amazing :D