Smallville Season 11 to Premiere in April (Online, and in Comic Book Form)

Get More: News

Look, up on the Internet! It’s an angry bird! It’s a kitten playin’! It’s… Smallville Season 11!

DC Entertainment announced on Thursday that Smallville, which ran for 10 years and aired its CW series finale last May, will live on as a digital comic.

Exclusive: The Vampire Diaries Casts Smallville Alum In ‘Devilish’ Role

Smallville Season 11, to be written by former show scribe Bryan Q. Miller, will make its digital debut on April 13, with new chapters released weekly thereafter. Chapters will also be aggregated in print comics, with the first issue set for release on May 16 — almost a year to the day that TV’s Clark ran across that rooftop and (ostensibly) flew up, up and away.

“Six months after Clark Kent donned the cape and took to the skies to save Earth from Apokolips… enter Season 11!” Miller said in making the announcement. “New allies abound! New enemies afoot! And old friends return where they’re least expected!”

Among the characters confirmed to join in Clark’s continuing journey are Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Chloe Sullivan-Queen, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor and, a bit interestingly, General Lane.

And make no mistake, Clark’s alter ego is now called Superman — “Oh yes, most definitely. By everyone. Like… everyone,” Miller assures TVLine. In other words, The Blur is now a blur.

Pilot Season Scoop: Hung Alum Is The CW’s New Green Arrow

Joining Miller in this endeavor are artist Gary Frank (Superman Secret Origin) and digital cover artist Cat Staggs, with interiors by Pere Perez (Batgirl).

“Pere and colorist Chris Beckett have done a fantastic job of capturing the look of the show and the players, and Gary and Cat are knocking it out of the park on covers,” Miller enthuses. “I couldn’t be more excited to help give seasoned viewers and new readers an all-access pass to Clark’s first year in the cape.”

What say you, Smallville faithful? WIll you be tuning in logging on for Clark’s new adventures?

Tags:

Comments (104)

• Best news I have heard in a long time. But how exactly does a digital comic work? More importantly, how much will it cost?

Comment by Josh – February 9, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not sure of the digital aspect (not into digital comics), but the print edition will be published at the end of each month collecting the weekly online chapters, and that will either be $2.99 or $3.99.

Comment by Snapy – February 9, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Given that it’s a DC product, most likely it will be available via Comixology (www.comixology.com), where you can get the current DC lineup the same day as print. You can buy it on the website or on an app for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, etc. You buy it once and have access to it anywhere, anytime – if you remove it from your device, you can re-add it later. I find it really handy and I’ve switched to digital comics, since they’re the same price as print comics (except there’s no ads and you usually get to see the cover variants included), though some print comics do come with digital download codes (like Justice League).

Comment by Ken – February 9, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You forgot the most important point Ken,
        You don’t actually have a copy of the comic, it is stored in the cloud and not in your possession. Should comixology actually go away aka bankrupt at some point, as most businesses eventually do, then you no longer have access to your purchase.
        Imagine how the music industry would be today had that been the music model… You can buy this song but you don’t actually have the song, we will keepit for you when you want it.
        It is the biggest ripof in digitalization history not getting a copy of the purchase, and I am just waiting for the lawsuits that are bound to happen over possession of material you purchase.

Comment by Joe – February 9, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I worry about this too. If I purchase something, I want to be able to hold it and own it FOREVER, or at least until I sell it or give it away. Can you resell these digital comics or give them to a friend, or your local library?

Comment by old school – February 9, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *jumps up and down* YES!!!

Comment by Gabriela – February 9, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *jumping along with you* GREAT NEWS!! I’M SSSOOO HAPPYYYYY!!!!

Comment by Rachel – February 9, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • IT’S finely good news about smalliville season 11 hope it hurry come to tv or on vedio.

Comment by Rebecca Rigney – December 3, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best. News. Ever.

Comment by Michelle – February 9, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news made my day. I’m so happy I could cry.

Comment by Gloria – February 9, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMAZING!!!! I AM VEERY, VERY HAPPY. I´M CRYING WITH EXCITEMENT

Comment by Javier – February 9, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously? put a fork in it already.

Comment by PutAforkINit – February 9, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Woa, cool name! With a name like that you should have some kind of catch phrase. But, one just isn’t coming to mind right now. hmmmmm

Comment by Mike – February 9, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, that was wasn’t good for like the last five seasons.

Comment by Nick – February 9, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Most of season 8 and 9 were great.

Comment by fixed it 4 u – February 9, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Put a fork in you moron. Smallville is an amazing show. So glad it’s continuing!

Comment by Jinny – February 9, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing news!! Can’t wait for the release!!

Comment by Andreas – February 9, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! So Excited! I haven’t been into comic books for a long while, and never want to step foot into a comic book shop again, because of so many creepers I met there.
    I’m going to have to figure out how to buy these now. Does Amazon sell comic books? I prefer paper over digital.

Comment by Lori – February 9, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They might sell the graphic novels (collected sets of comics), I don’t know if they sell individual issues for subscription or the like. They’ll probably push digital though, since Comixology is on the Fire. The good thing is there are plenty of free comics for those who want to try digital before committing…DC has a number of “origin” 3-5 pagers that are brief primers on their main characters (before the “New 52″ reboot though).

Comment by Ken – February 9, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess General Lane is going to give a hard time to his son-in-law….Good luck Clark ;)

Comment by Tiva4Life – February 9, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! I’ll probably just be adding the print comic to the list I already get from DC.
    For a split second I was worried about the “Chloe Sullivan-Queen” bit. In my head, Chloe and Ollie didn’t last and that son was someone else’s (I can’t remember if it was ever said that it was his). But I’ll go with it. I’ve never fully considered Smallville genuine continuity so why not.

Comment by Brandex – February 9, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was hinted at during the end of the finale, having the kid look at a bow and quiver in the corner. Granted, Chloe and Oliver could’ve split to move them in line with the standard DC continuity. But since that just got revamped and Oliver and Canary aren’t together now anyway, so DC could always move Oliver towards his Smallville counterpart instead!

Comment by Ken – February 9, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just threw in my mouth a little with that. Hope they don’t go with it, juts split them up the quietest way possible and don’t take the focus away from Clark (and Lois)

Comment by ferdinan – February 9, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Quiet what. When has anything involving Chloe ever been quiet. DC has just signed all the rights of the characters to the Chloe fandom, they will be doing the fanfic writing for this book. Might as well give those bows and arrows and the cape to her.

Comment by Grey – February 9, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think that’s a great plan! Smallville’s it’s own universe anyway. I love Chloe and Oliver together. And I’m not sure why people were suspicious about them not being together. I thought it was made pretty clear. I guess because some people hate her so much they refused to look at it objectively. But while there’s some people hate her, there’s a whole lot more who loved her.

Comment by AT – February 9, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • they are together 6months after s10? never was doubted, on 2017? is still ambiguous. Why “Chlolliers” can’t accept that? the writers were clear about the kid being Oliver’s but never have been direct about Chloe and Oliver being a couple on 2017. Hell even Justin Hartley said it was a clever end just right the finale leaving it ambiguous enough

Comment by ferdinan – February 9, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Chlollie fans are very selective of what they choose to believe or not. You cannot reason with them, they live in their own bubble. The very least they will try and twist anything you say into something else, they will make you look like the one who is in denial.

Comment by Rocco – February 9, 2012 02:20 PM PDT
    • In the scene in the finale where Chloe hugged Clark goodbye, it was insinuated that she was showing him a second heartbeat, and that’s why she had to leave instead of staying and fighting with him (not that the end was much of a final battle). So the kid is Oliver’s, but what we don’t know is if they stayed together.

Comment by Em – February 9, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited, I really have missed Smallville. And Bryan is great and wrote some awesome episodes in the final seasons of the show. And on a bragging note…I totally went to college with and was buddies with Bryan!

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – February 9, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You personally know BQM?! Tell him that we love him!!!

Comment by sv fans – February 9, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOOOOOME NEWS! Thank u BQM for making this happen, can’t wait to start reading!

Comment by Susie – February 9, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well there’s one continuity change from the end of Smallville right away…looks like they’re going with the new Superman costume instead of the original they used in the finale (IE, no red underroos!). I think they’re doing that for the Man of Steel movie next year as well, though, so it’s consistent. But I’m glad to see them continuing the franchise…Star Trek’s done this as well with “season 8″ books for DS9 and Voyager.
    In terms of the DC multiverse, call this one Earth-CW. :)

Comment by Ken – February 9, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a fan, but there are already various Superman comics and Smallville without Tom Welling’s performance–who sold the inner struggle of Clark Kent better than anyone else–just isn’t Smallville.

Comment by TigerNightmare – February 9, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, yes, yes to more Clark and Lois! Nooooooooooo to too much duplicitous Chloe and her lapdog Oliver Queen. And please, no more Tess Mercer/Luthor/Whatever resurrections. Her death was one of the more enjoyable aspects about the otherwise sub-par Smallville finale.

Comment by jude – February 9, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I respectfully disagree Jude, I want Tess back.

Comment by Katie – February 9, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You were a fan of Tess. Cool. I, however, don’t care for characters that do the most heinous things but then all of a sudden become ‘saints’ because the writers don’t know what else to do with her. That’s why I loathe Chloe too

Comment by jude – February 9, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will likely be like their Batman Beyond Unlmited book.
    If so, they’ll have 99 cent weekly digital chapters that will be gathered into a $3.99 monthly physical comic.

Comment by Scott – February 9, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who does Supes look like Ian Somerhalder?

Comment by Kate – February 9, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY does Supes look like Ian Somerhalder?

Comment by Kate – February 9, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • pish!!
      Ian wishes he could look like Tom.

Comment by Dee – February 9, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, Ian’s got absolutely NOTHING on Tom!

Comment by Jinny – February 9, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ian Somerhalder wishes he could look like Tom Welling with a bad haircut and caveman beard!

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s hope this isn’t the hot mess that the Buffy comics are.

Comment by Mooshki – February 9, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see Tom Welling on a show, I miss seeing his beautiful face!

Comment by Jordan Darnell – February 9, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I love Tom and want him back!

Comment by Dana – February 9, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very cool!

Comment by Kristina – February 9, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesssssss, bring it on!
    God, I’ve missed my show so much, so I’ll take anything!

Comment by Cynthia – February 9, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!
    Will look for this, definitely.
    More interactions between Lex and Clark, yum!
    Bring it.

Comment by Dee – February 9, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Comment by Ethan M Lindevald – February 9, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, Chlollie! Couldn’t care less about the rest. But Chlollie will make it worth reading for me!

Comment by xtremeroswellian1 – February 9, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EXACTLY! Maybe we’ll get a Chlollie spin-off eventually! =D

Comment by Val – February 9, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Could the chlollie spin-off start at the same time, so I can enjoy Clark, Lois and the Superman story without the blonds muddying the waters??!! I wonder which comic would sell better?

Comment by jude – February 9, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeah!

Comment by Dayi – February 9, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news. Still waiting though for Terminator:SCC Season 3 to happen in comics.

Comment by anakinjmt – February 9, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this just awesome

Comment by mike – February 9, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Thank you BQM! Can’t wait for more Chlollie! I miss my ship!

Comment by Val – February 9, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess that confirms Chloe’s still married to Oliver.

Comment by AT – February 9, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • On 2012 yes, on 2017 STILL DON’T KNOW

Comment by ferdinan – February 9, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hater, why revolt against Chollie if you dont like why spend so much energy commenting on that matter in 2017. in the comics are together that’s what matters, best couple ever!

Comment by alana – February 9, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Funniest thing ever, an Allison Mack fan calling someone else a pointless hater. That fandom wrote the book on how to troll the internet with their venom for Kristin Kreuk and Erica Durance.

Comment by jude – February 9, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • do not confuse Allison Mack , with the caracter she is an actress and has nothing to do with the delirium of fans of the series, each one has its favorite couple but that does not justify disregarding the work of others.

Comment by mag – February 9, 2012 02:41 PM PDT
          • @ mag. So you’re saying Chloe/Chlollie fans aren’t necessarily fans of Allison Mack? LOL! I didn’t say it was Miss Mack who had perfected the art of internet hate, I said it was her fandom. Big difference.

Comment by jude – February 9, 2012 03:30 PM PDT
          • It’s pretty rich that an Allison mack fan should be complaining about the difference between hating on the character and the actress.

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 06:59 PM PDT
          • yeah but the only person trolling is you. yeah I’m a clois fan too but would you lay off and let the chloe fans rejoice too? we’re all sv fans here. go rant about chloe somewhere else.

Comment by k – February 11, 2012 02:08 PM PDT
  • First of all, how GORGEOUS is that cover by the amazing Cat Staggs? That cover is stunning. Tom makes the most beautiful Superman. God, I can’t wait to see his gorgeous face in that book.
    I’m thrilled about this for several reasons.
    I’m thrilled because Bryan Q. Miller was a wonderful writer both on the show and his Batgirl series was a true delight. He has been deeply missed at DC Comics and any book with him behind it is going to be GREAT
    I’m thrilled because I find the new DC 52 to be a very dark place. I really don’t like the changes that were made to Superman. He’s so isolated and dark and violent now. Lois is now a producer. The Kents are long dead. It’s just a very dark world that feels not at all like the Superman I love. So to have a book in the DCU that really feels more like the Superman i love….that means a lot.
    I’m so happy about this. Really hope all the fans come together and buy it. Money talks. Whoever you love, Clark, Lois, Chloe, Ollie, Lex….they are ALL Great. We should all support the book.

Comment by Mary – February 9, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Cat Staggs cover version is pretty good, but have you seen the latest Gary Frank one? YUCK! Makes me less excited for the comic.

Comment by jude – February 9, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I was shocked at how horrible the Gary Frank cover was! I heard that one was going to be the print cover and Cat Staggs’ great cover was digital only?! Please tell me that isn’t true. I prefer print over digital, but I’m not sure I can handle that ugly cover.

Comment by Kit – February 9, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The Gary Frank version is a real eye-sore! What were they thinking?!

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news! I wouldn’t trust anyone but BQM to write this. Excited to see Chloe and Oliver continue to recruit and build the League (and now the rest of the team can be used more since there’s no problems with paying/scheduling guest stars). Would love to see Tess come back–since no one saw Lex stab her and no one referred to it afterwards it would be easy to hand wave that she was only injured, not killed. Better villains, General Lane…guess I’ll be buying comics for the first time in many many years. Thanks DCU and BQM! :)

Comment by Samantha – February 9, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!! I’m sooooooo excited **happy dance** SMALLVILLE ROCKS!!!!

Comment by ale – February 9, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, at least the acting will be better… ;)

Comment by localboy – February 9, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news in lots of ways. A lot of the traditional fans are upset with the comic book reboot, and how it diminishes the Kent parents and destroys the romantic relationship with Lois. Fans have been agitating about these issues for awhile. At least now there is an alternative that embraces these things.

Comment by lovelovelove – February 9, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The current DC reboot truly does suck!

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I have to plot how to get Bryan Q Miller’s autograph on my Smallville comic. He might show up to Comic-Con, but I could never justify the costs to go to that. I wonder if BQM ever does east coast signings?

Comment by Jove – February 9, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news! Bryan Q. Miller was one of the best, and most consistent, writers for the show. He always did a great job building the world of Metropolis with quirky details, and he often infused so much humor, sexiness, and depth into his dialogue. The artists he has slated to bring his words to life are also well-regarded. Cat Staggs’ cover is gorgeous!
    I’m an avid fan of the show, and in particular of Clark and Lois as individuals and as a couple. I am ecstatic that I’ll get to see them go through what I’m sure are the exhilarating and frustrating early days of his Superman career. Clark remaining the central character is essential for me, which means I don’t mind integrating supporting characters like Chloe and Oliver. However, I do hope they don’t distract too much. I was never particularly fond of them as a couple, especially in Season 9. I went from antipathy to apathy after that. So I can honestly say I am happy for Chloe/Oliver fans to see more of their favorite characters and couple, too. My enthusiasm and enjoyment of them is probably never going to improve, though.
    To me, there was ambiguity about Chloe/Oliver in the future flash forward at the very end of the Finale, but I don’t know if I take that to mean Chloe and Oliver have to break up. As I said before, I’m apathetic, so I could care less either way. Ultimately, I just want them to be written well and in proper proportion to the rest of the cast of characters in the book.
    I hope all of the fans of the show can be respectful of each other. I know there are a decent amount of fans of various allegiances (Lois, Clois, Clark, comic purists who prefer Dinah) who have issues with Chloe/Oliver for what, I think, are valid reasons. But I’m sure there are also those who prefer Chloe, Oliver, Lana, and Lex who feel their less than warm feelings for Clark, Lois, etc. are valid as well. Heck, there are (believe it or not) people who don’t find it difficult to appreciate all of the characters and relationships because of and/or in spite of their flaws. Bottom line is we all obviously have strong opinions, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be respectful about the way we express them.
    My interest and investment is rooted in the characters of Lois and Clark and the heroic ideals, and struggles to live up to those ideals, the show always explored in such a compelling way for me. To see how Lex Luthor and General Lane affect Clark and Lois is a thrilling prospect. I suppose that means I want a Metropolis focus without too many detours to Star City. So I hope just by the nature of the narrative, the story lines and focus with stay true to its main character above all else.

Comment by Olive – February 9, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smallville got me interested in comics, but just as I was about to get into them enough to buy them they relaunched with a Clark and Lois I didn’t care for. It’s so wonderful that this new project from BQM allows me to enjoy Superman’s heroism, Clark’s kindness, Lois’s fierce reporting and noble ideals, and the romance, fun, and adventure of the Clark and Lois relationship once more. So, very happy with this news overall.

Comment by Libby – February 9, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • amazing news, I love Chlollie so I’m happy to see them in the comics.

Comment by ane – February 9, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lois and Clark married again, hammering out stories the Planet, and coping with Superman’s calling! I am so happy! All is now right with the world again!

Comment by Monica – February 9, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lois and Clark married again, hammering out stories the Planet, and coping with Superman’s calling! I am so happy!! All is now right with the world again!

Comment by Monica – February 9, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to buy the series box set, but I can’t justify it yet since I already own Seasons 1 through 9 on disk. Fan problems! Also, I could never get into comic books. It’s just not my medium, but I am very tempted by this. I am missing Smallville and Tom Welling very much and I need my fix!

Comment by hannah – February 9, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is anyone else hoping, like really really really hoping, they give Lex his memory back.

Comment by Brian – February 9, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me! I also hope Lex gets his memory back. It makes him more unpredictable and a wild card.

Comment by JJ – February 9, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    ~smallville

Comment by Rocco – February 9, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Look at alice’s post below.

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the more is likely you to be a fan of Clois , because you also only see their own truth and will distort the rest.

Comment by alice – February 9, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I’m so happy to read this “Chloe Sullivan-Queen” best couple ever!! They’re my OTP!

Comment by Mari – February 9, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was kind of shocked when I realized how small the Chloe and Chlollie fandom was. They were so noisy and got pandered to so much, I thought they were big. I think the producers were fooled too. But after the show was over, I’d go to sites which required registration, like Tumblr, or LiveJournal or Twitter, and a Chlollie post would have less than 12 people responding to it. Even Lana stuff got more reblogs/retweets. It was like 1/1000th of the attention Clois got. Personally I ship Clark and Lex the most! But it was really eye-opening.
    I honest thing there are maybe 12 Chlollie fans and a few more strictly Chloe fans, they were just noisy and strategic about posting a lot on anon forums and bombarding the producers. It is hard to fathom how little interest gets stirred up when Chlollie pops up on Tumblr or Twitter. Everyone was completely duped.

Comment by justsaying – February 9, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The way that Chloe Sullivan fans spout off you’d think that Chloe was the sole reason Smalville last for 10 years. So by extension, Allison Mack must have a ton of fans right? After being on a show for 10 years she must have millions of twitter followers like Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian and Ashton Kutcher, right?. I mean she played Chloe, the most awsomest of awsome characters on TV, so she must have have hundreds of thousands of followers on twitter at the very least. So how many people are following the anointed one on twitter? Try just over 56K. Wow! Even Candice Accola, only a supporting character on The Vampire Diaries has about 750K followers, and that show has been on for less than 3 years. Lol.

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops. That should be *lasted* for 10 years. Stupid tiny keyboards!

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oops again. Just checked on twitter and Candice ‘only’ has about 430K followers at the moment. Nina Dobrev, on the other hand, has over 1.7 million followers…really ouch for Allison Mack.

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • So you think fan loyalty can only be measured in Twitter followers and Tumblr reblogs? LOL, that’s adorable. I don’t follow my favorite actors on Twitter, because that’s not what I use Twitter for. Lots of people don’t.
            The Chlollie community on Livejournal alone has over 1200 registered members. The last 150 or so have joined SINCE the Smallville finale aired.
            And of course Lois and Clark have a bigger fanbase–they’ve been around since *1938*. For a couple introduced only halfway through the second-to-last season of the show, Chloe and Oliver made a pretty impressive showing in terms of popularity. Also? A lot of the Lois and Clark fans have been buying comics for years. DCU is smart to introduce this title, because it’s going to tap a whole new demographic to start buying comics. I will happily subscribe to both the digital AND print versions, because I want both and I’m willing to pay for both. And if they introduce Chloe Sullivan to Green Arrow comics, I’ll start doing the same for that title. This is coming from someone who hasn’t bought comics since I was a little kid.

Comment by Samantha – February 9, 2012 09:18 PM PDT
      • Yeah, I adore Justin Hartley and think he is astoundingly good-looking and charming, but he has 8K followers on Twitter. He deserves far more in my opinion, but it does sort of prove that Chlollie was never really that popular. In my mind it was some huge movement, but in reality it was probably just a few people. It’s so weird how they had everybody fooled.

Comment by pottering – February 9, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, Justin Hartley has around 18K followers on twitter at the moment…..not as embarrassing as 8K but nothing to scream and shout about either.

Comment by kiki – February 9, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Justin has more followers than that. Not everyone who is a Justin Fan is a Chlollie fan, people will have you believe otherwise. Some are Just Green Arrow fans, Justin Hartley fans from other shows, or other shipper fans.

Comment by Bro – February 10, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Tom Welling on my television. WE MISS TOM !!!

Comment by sarah moss – February 10, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TOM WELLING is a fantastic actor(I LOVE Tom Welling)!

Comment by mary – February 10, 2012 03:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post