Revenge Recap: The New Revengenda

Get More: Recaps, Reviews, Spoilers

Revenge Recap [Warning: If you've yet to watch Wednesday’s episode of Revenge, avert your eyes...now! Everyone else, read on...]

The countdown to next week’s anticipated Fire & Ice Ball continued on Revenge last night as the Graysons played host to another dinner party from hell. Who was left in the crosshairs and who was exposed? Let’s review.

After Jack Porter stumbled upon one of the missing tapes from Treadwell’s collection, Emily used Fauxmanda (she’s baaaack!) as bait to try to get it back before he could see what was on it. Unfortunately, her plot fizzled and Jack (with a surprising assist from Nolan) watched the footage of a terrified 10-year-old Amanda Clarke pleading for Treadwell to find a “dark-haired woman” named Victoria that her father used to “kiss on the lips all the time.” (We know how that plan turned out.) Furious, Jack crashed the Grayson’s dinner party from hell and threatened Victoria, in turn exposing three secrets she thought could stay buried: Charlotte’s paternity, the real story of her daughter’s consensual conception and her state of affair with David Clarke.

The episode ended with Emily returning home to find that someone stole her box of revenge materials from under the floorboards and replaced it with a Fire & Ice Ball R.S.V.P. (“Miss Emily Thorne will attend”) penned in her signature red marker. Gasp! But who could it be? Fauxmanda? Crazy Tyler? The ghost of Frank Stevens? Only time will tell, but this time next week, we’ll be rolling over the unknown body on the beach.

Other notes:

* Victoria called on Grandpa Grayson (guest star William Devane, Knots Landing) to help smooth over the divorce proceedings. It was clear that the two were very fond of one another and that he was very much Team Vicky (as he affectionately calls her). The queen actually cracked a smile in the ep – and a few jokes to boot.

* As Conrad pulled away from his daughter, Victoria overcompensated, trying her hardest to bond with Charlotte. We even saw Victoria change out of her normal attire, donning a pair of pants when she went on an outing to the Stowaway with Charlotte. (Of course, old habits die hard, and the queen immediately inquired about their wine list.)

* In a budding bromance, we saw Nolan purchase a 65-inch television for Jack’s “recovery” and the two had a heart-to-heart about being each other’s only true friends.

* In flashbacks to how they met, we saw a dressed-down Emily stalking a wasted Daniel at the bar during his college days.

* Victoria demanded that Conrad stop being so cold to Charlotte, so he sat down for a heartfelt conversation with his daughter. Their strong relationship shone through as Charlotte told the story of him helping her through her first heartbreak, but came to a crashing halt as soon as the truth came out.

* Grandpa Grayson insisted that Conrad step down as CEO and groom Daniel to take over. Of course, Conrad was up in arms, exclaiming, “You may have brought the Grayson name to the company, but I brought the global!” (Cut to Victoria going all Mwhahahahaha from atop the staircase.)

Revenge fans, thoughts on Wednesday’s episode? Who do you think stole Emily’s box? Are you prepared for the infamous party next week?

Comments (66)

• I am totally Team Conrad. I hope he and Charlotte patch things up. I also hope Daniel lives. I love Victoria but she
    is the true villain of the piece. She screwed everyone over. Even those she claimed to love. I am tired of David Clarke. He seems like such a dumbass!

Comment by nikki – February 9, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH MY GOSH THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZING! Surprises at every turn and the ending was just crazy! Can not wait for next week’s episode! This show just keeps getting better and better!!!

Comment by Darcy – February 9, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think fauxmanda took the box, looks like she’s finally off the rails. I doubt it’ll be Daniel that dies, though if it is I’ll have much more respect for the writers, like when they killed Colin on Everwood!

Comment by Paul – February 9, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You didn’t strain yourself writing this did you? There was so much more to this episode.

Comment by darcy – February 9, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing. If it were Ausiello or Slezak I can just picture the dripping invective and the snarky comments. It makes me sad. There has to be someone at TV Line that loves this show, it’s amazing. I don’t like reading reviews that sound like someone was standing behind her with a gun saying “write a positive review, WRITE IT!”. If she does like the show then someone needs to explain to her that part of a review is her perspective. It’s not a dry recitation of the facts.

Comment by Lauren K – February 9, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. This recapper obviously doesn’t like this show very much. I love it and can hardly wait for the next new episode. You will find much better recaps on ew-dot-com or on abc-dot-com on the Revenge page. I sometimes skip this site’s recap altogether since the other two are so much better. Even the TVGuide page has better reviews of this terrific show.
      Hey, Ausiella, I’m available if you want a good recapper for this show…

Comment by VLKinNC – February 9, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so obsessed with this show. I can’t wait until next week to see if it really is Daniel that gets shot. They better tell us next week though and not leave us hanging. I also loved how they played M83 “Wait” at the end of this weeks episode. Epic song!

Comment by Amanda – February 9, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t reveal who it was that was show next week…I can picture the episode ending with the person getting show and us never seeing that person’s face…The writers like to tease us and keep us suspended.

Comment by Ann – February 9, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a wonderful twist for it to be JACK who blew everything up this week. Unwittingly, of course. But its such a great example of how out-of-control everything can get for Emily’s supposed controlled revenge. Really hoping that the shoe has the guts to go through with Daniel being the shooting victim next week. Thats the sort of bold move that puts a show on the map, and helps it stay there. And it would be such a game changed for the entire canvas of the show, anything else would be underwhelming.

Comment by Valerie – February 9, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why assume that anything or everything we have heard from Emily is true?
      I am hoping that there is a socially awkward and embarrassing mother —–Emily’s preferably, quite alive, who hasbeen searching for her daughter for years .

Was the father David a paragon of virtue?
      screwing a married woman may just have been the beginning.
      Oh I would so like to be working as a writer on the show.
      Do you notice that the bar men, Jack and Declan, have on horrid wigs….? the Grayson men have good haircuts. ?
      It’s so much fun….consider the possibilities. Emily pregnant, Charlotte pregnant, or Ashley pregnant. .
      And we know so little about Ashley.
      So silly that Emily has a 20 million dollar house but decided she couldn’t get a home
      security system. That is one of the few things that is an embarrassing false step.
      At the moment of learning that he was father of Victoria’s baby, might not it be appropriate to speak to Grayson.

Comment by Susan tenafly – February 9, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kind of just assumed Fauxmanda took it. Like how she cricled Emily Thorne WILL attend was an indicator that the real Emily Thorne will attend.

Comment by Captain – February 9, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I thought – the answer was on the invite. I’m totally hooked on this show & its over-dramatics. Love it! :-) x

Comment by Bear75 – February 11, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just saw the promo for next week’s episode and i’m losing my hopes that the dead body might not be daniel’s :( he’s so nice i’ll be sad if he’s gone. also, i really have no idea who the box thief could be, i mean the obvious answer would be fauxamanda but she’s crazy not smart, if she’d found the box she would’ve just taken it, not leave a creepy note behind. well, we can only wait for next week and see.
    sorry for any english mistakes :P

Comment by daniela – February 9, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Tyler stole the box and he is the one that ends up getting shot.

Comment by VickyinOz – February 15, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. It better be David that dies next week. I’ve re-watched his death scene over and over again and I swear it is him. It better be!

Comment by Ashley – February 9, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the show teamed up Fauxmanda with Tyler. Now THAT would be a dream team of crazy.

Comment by Captain – February 9, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t realize that it was supposed to be a cliffhanger as to who took the box. The “Miss Emily Thorn” doesn’t mean that it’s FauxManda who took it?
    Very much looking forward to next week’s episode.

Comment by QuinnMallory – February 9, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I *haven’t watched* the episode yet but I doubt Fauxmanda stole that box because firstly, how did she even know where Emily hid that box? Our heroine was very careful in making sure the box saw the light of day when no one was around. And secondly, how did she even get a Fire & Ice Ball RSVP? I doubt Victoria would have wanted her there. But I wouldn’t put it past her to go cray-cray too.
    The others that I’m guessing are Nolan, which would account for their cold exchange of words in the pilot, or Grandpa Grayson. I’m grasping at straws here since I’m assuming he knew about the Conrad-Victoria-David triangle and their naughty deets. Argh, this is driving me nuts!

Comment by blahdeeblah – February 9, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fauxmanda may not be the brightest crayon in the box but she does have a history with Emily. They were incarcerated together for years and Emily has a history of hiding things that are important to her. I’m betting after years of watching her and keeping her secrets it would be pretty quick work for her to search for hiding places. I thought it was pretty crystal clear that Fauxmanda took the box. I’m assuming that she is going to use it to expose the Graysons at the engagement party. She flips out and bawls her eyes out because Jack comes to her door pounding it and screaming over and over how he doesn’t care what she’s done and he wants to help her. So Fauxmanda tells Emily that she’s going to do things Jack’s way. Which involves him barging in on a Grayson family dinner and threatening Victoria. I’m not sure that she’s not still trying to help Emily. She knows things are dangerous and she knows she can’t tell Jack the truth because he’ll hate her for lying so she’s switched to plan B. No subtle revenge for Fauxmanda.

Comment by Lauren K – February 9, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just watched the episode and I have a feeling you’re right. The way that scene was set up, it seems most likely that Fauxmanda took the box. Or it could be Jack, with Revenge, things are never what they seem.

Comment by blahdeeblah – February 10, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG. Silly me, my fingers are faster than my brain. Ignore the Jack speculation, it doesn’t make sense. That would mean he knows who Emily really is. My bad.

Comment by blahdeeblah – February 10, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can you read the recap (such as it is) and the comments before you watch the show? That would totally ruin it for me!
      Have you noticed that Fauxmanda spent a lot of time outside the beach house and that Amanda seldom closes her curtains. Hard to keep secrets when living in a glass house with wide open curtains. But the box could have been taken by sneaky Ashley, with Tyler telling her where to look – Tyler should be on his meds and out of treatment by now.
      And I don’t imagine Grandpa Grayson knew about the affair – Conrad’s pride wouldn’t let him tell (and he isn’t very close to his daddy anyway), and Victoria wouldn’t want to tell him and risk losing his faith/respect/whatever it is he has for her.

Comment by VLKinNC – February 9, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha! Well, I live in a different country across the planet so I don’t get the episodes till a day later or so. I don’t actively try to avoid spoilers, sometimes I like reading it. So yeah…
        P.S Watched the episode already. Seems like it’s Fauxmanda.

Comment by blahdeeblah – February 10, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next weeks episode will be LEGEN- wait for it… DARY!!!

Comment by Dennis – February 9, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For eff’s sake, aren’t you people tired of this “legen-wait for it-dary” crap? It was old in 06. But way to keep an irrelevant, slowly dying, overrated show on the spotlight. Congrats.

Comment by Josh – February 9, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @ josh,why are u bothering to watch it if u think It’s overrated

Comment by joe – February 9, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe because it’s relevant, building, and vastly underrated – not to mention awesome?

Comment by Tarc – February 9, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s fauxamanda she is getting crazier and crazier every episode and she is inlove with jack and wnt him for her self.

Comment by Luvi56 – February 9, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tyler took the box: he noticed something off under the rug last time he was at Emily’s but was caught off guard before he had time to have a look. I’m sure he’s back, but is he the dead body on the beach?

Comment by dyingtoknow – February 9, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ashley took the box for Tyler

Comment by Veronica – February 9, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge is easily the best show on tv. Last night was delicious.

Comment by Joe – February 9, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hum REVENGENDA? come on, you can do better than that.

Comment by april – February 9, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • clearly if you watched the show you would have heard it being used in the episode

Comment by alysa – February 9, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it’s one thing when Nolan says it, it’s a whole other thing when “The New Revengenda” is supposed to be a recap’s punny title. but thanks for letting me know whether or not I watched the show.

Comment by april – February 9, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Snap! April, Victoria couldn’t have put it better.

Comment by Michael – February 9, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was a reference to Nolan’s line in the episode, however, it definitely pales to “Vagenda” from Fringe.

Comment by John – February 10, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously the worst recap ever! where’s the excitement about a great episode? the theories on who will shoot Daniel? will it actually be Daniel? what about Ashley’s role? was Conrad on to something? this episode gave us so much to think about before next week. so many questions and such a PATHETIC recap. go to ew.com and you’ll find a MUCH better analysis!

Comment by Fauxmanda – February 9, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Alyse did just fine with this recap. If I wanted 7 frickin pages of “analysis” on a primetime soap opera (and I think EW has a rule that recaps must be at least five pages ugh ever for Whitney LOL), I just wouldn’t bother watching the actual show.

Comment by lauren – February 9, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The recap doesn’t impress or bother me.
        The real passion comes from reading all our comments.
        I couldn’t believe Jack didn’t look at 10 year old Amanda and have a light bulb go off where he’d say: “That’s not the girl I know…” and then have him realize that Amanda’s been posing as Emily.
        That would have made more sense. The casting between young Emily and current Emily is fantastic.

Comment by Michael – February 9, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, I think thsts why fakeEm said in voice over at end. People only see what they are ready to … something to that effect

Comment by Veronica – February 9, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Tyler has the box and Fauxmanda kills him to get it back for Emily.

Comment by Trista – February 9, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tyler is in a psycho ward now tho when he wax arrested. I don’t think he escaped already.

Comment by l – February 9, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OOOOO AHHHHH maybe ur right now I think of it. If he escaped he coukdve taken it cause he did walk over it and was about to open it when Emily walked in. He prob would go there 1st. Wooow :)

Comment by l – February 9, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Fauxmanda shoots Daniel (who may not be dead per spoilers that it could be an ATTEMPTED murder trial) and Jack is the one who gets caught with the gun and goes on trial.

Comment by Al – February 9, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I think will happen, too. I don’t know about the whole trial for Jack part, but i think she shoots(hopefully) Daniel and Jack tried to stop her, which is why he had the gun…. I like Daniel, but I would be disappointed if it wasn’t him killed. It’s such a bold plot move and I hope the writers stick with it. It would certainly up the ante for everyone on the show.

Comment by Meg – February 9, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, PLEASE let it come out at the trial who Emily truly is!
    On the witness stand!
    And cast Anthony Call as the prosecutor!

Comment by Michael – February 9, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disagree. I think that the young Amanda more closely resembles Fauxmanda. They both have curly blonde hair and similar eyes. “Current” Emily’s eyes are VERY dark.

Comment by Doug – February 9, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eyes change over time. My own eyes started out blue but then switched to dark brown and are now Hazel and they are getting lighter in color every year.

Comment by Ro – February 9, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea this recap is lacking in several areas! This episode was awesome on too many levels! I have no clue who took the box. I didn’t immediately think of Fauxmanda even after seeing the RSVP. My mind has been racing since last night. Could be Tyler who gets shot next week by Emily after another failed confrontation after he stole her box. Could be Nolan, who stole it to get Emily off of the revenge track at least for now. I don’t even know what to think!!

Comment by Dwayne – February 9, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where does Ashley fit into all this. She has been lurking about, listening at keyholes since day one. As Conrad said…Whats your game????

Comment by Cloudzie – February 9, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go read the EW recap – has a great theory on Ashley!

Comment by J – February 9, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Agree where does Ashely fit in? How do her and Emily know each other? did I miss something; I am guessing she stole the box; but then I am putting my money on Dolen, he seems to be getting fed up with Emily

Comment by PHYLLIS – February 10, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand a trial will begin after this. They won’t try somone for killing Tyler because it would be an argument for self-defense. I think it is Daniel.

Comment by pat – February 9, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so clear that it was Tyler, before he got sent off, he had notice something was off about the wood floor, and this is a soap so they will bring him back and I am sure he is the one who gets shot on the beach, Because the writers just as the fans have fallen in love with Daniel but I hope Mike Kelly moves on with it and does kill daniel, this is revenge and just like emily needs to stay focus on destorying Victoria life, we need to stay focus on the whole theme of revenge.
    But even though this ep. was very slow, i stilled enjoy it.

Comment by fernando – February 9, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just thought of something now: what about Lydia? She used to live on Emily’s house and should know about the trapdoor. And she has motive for wanting a revenge of her own. Just a thought.

Comment by John – February 9, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it did occur to me that lydia had her suspicions about emily awhile back so its a good suggestion but i somehow think its a male that has taken it and that male is who is shot on the beach.

Comment by kessa – February 9, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, so I’m probably totally off base here as I haven’t read anyone talk about it, but did the ‘Miss’ in ‘Miss Emily Thorne will attend’ stick out to anyone else? Perhaps it means that someone is saying, Emily Thorne will be staying a ‘miss’ and not become a ‘Mrs.’ and therefore taunting her that they’re planning on killing Daniel.

Comment by Loni – February 9, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While we see Daniel falling, I believe it is Tyler on the beach. If I do recall awhile back there was a post where someone mentioned the same thing. Then said Daniel was in a compromised state. Which means Fauxamanda has him.

Comment by Rjrtist – February 9, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow what a episode full of revelations. as much as i loathe the graysons i love watching madeline stowe as lady grayson. was refreshing to see her dress casual and enter the diner in jeans.
    more importantly i have no idea who stole the box but after reading all the comments above, im assuming its either tyler that took it and that jack kills tyler to protect emily or amanda. or daniel found the box and is shot by fauxmada to protect emily and jack gets the blame? – whatever. ive not been this excited since i watched the true blood season 4 finale.

Comment by kessa – February 9, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody else feel bad for Fauxmanda? She really loves Emily and is just being used as a pawn. I really hope that she isn’t the murderer.

Comment by Fabian – February 9, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omigod, totally awesome! It’s been delicious watching Emily/Amanda pulling all those strings up to now, but wow how intriguing now that several of them are slipping out of her grasp. Yummy!

Comment by Claire – February 9, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode was fantastic, I can’t wait to see next week’s. I also think that it was fauxmanda that took the box. Didn’t she know about it? I also agree that by writing “Miss Emily Thorne will attend” meant that the real Emily Thorne was going to attend.
    I’m also thinking that it is Daniel on the beach who was shot – the body looks very close to him…look at the hair. And I am not thinking it’s fauxmanda who shot him. She told Emily on the phone that she was going to stop listening to her and start listening to Jack. Well, she feels like she has now lost Jack thanks to Emily, so why wouldn’t she make Emily lose Daniel too?

Comment by Melissa – February 10, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I admit I watch a LOT of TV. With my personal preference being drama over comedy, I would say guardedly I can’t think of a better NEW series (Fall 2011). That said, it has been a fairly weak year for fresh new series, and returning series like Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and Sons of Anarchy have just knocked it out of the park this year. Still… I won’t miss a single episode of Revenge.

Comment by JD – February 10, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t the very first episode show someone being shot on the beach and Victoria running over screaming?

Comment by Win486 – February 11, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily couldn’t afford a real safe?

Comment by Paloma – February 11, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmmm….the space under the floorboards and the missing box….the RSVP card was written in a woman’s handwriting. That makes it either Lydia, Ashley or Fauxmanda. And Ashley is in the party planning biz….Perhaps Nolan is over watching Emily hurt people and wants to put an end to the whole thing….we will see next week!

Comment by gigi – February 12, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post