Exclusive

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive Video: Becki Newton Drops a Bombshell on Barney

Remember a few weeks ago when I told you that Becki Newtons How I Met Your Mother character was going to be able to dish it out as well as she can take it? I thought I was just doling out information, but no, apparently, I was making an understatement!
As this exclusive sneak preview of her “Drunk Train” introduction (airing Monday at 8/7c on CBS) to Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) demonstrates, vixenish Quinn takes no prisoners — and no BS.
Sorry, Barney/Robin ’shippers — the gauntlet has been thrown.
Press play below and see for yourself. It’s game on!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. Jaime says:

I may be jumping ship…as in off the Robin/Barney ship!

2. Katsumaro says:

Hilarious

3. Marcie says:

Should be fun! Loved her on Ugly Betty.

4. mawhi says:

I am willing to put all of my Barney/Robin feelings aside for the chance to have Becki Newton back on my TV.

• Meg says:

And Michael Urie. Does anyone know if he’s done anything lately? On that note, I would love a reunion of the Becky-Michael Dream Team.

• michest says:

Michael is currently on Broadway, co-starring in How to Succeed in Business. It’s one of the featured roles, and he has gotten good reviews.

• milly says:

★★★★★★ ;) For seeking Interr-acial Love ,
        _ β / l/ α/ c/ k/ w/ h / i/ t/ е/ P/ l/ a/ n/ e/t..С/ ò /M __ie the best choice, it’s where to- me-et bla-ck, whit-e, gorgeous, bea-utiful for rom-ance and- enduring relation-ship-s ! – it’s the best place for s’eeking int’erracial lo-ve. which gives you a chance to make your life better and open opportunities for you to me-et the at’tractive s’ingles and treat you like a king or Queen. Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your frie-nds.

5. Kate says:

There are very few people I would rather see Barney with than Robin. Luckily, Becki Newton is totally one of them. :)

6. Marie says:

Sorry, I’m still a Barney and Robin shipper all the way. This blonde cow needs to go I’m starting to hate her already!!

7. Jake says:

I Love Barney/Robin, but come on its Becki Newton!! shes amazing, so glad she will be back on my tv.

8. april-ann says:

Becki is the shot of adrenalin this tired show needs.

• ultimate troll says:

Becki is the shot of adrenaline your tired post needs . . . yeah that makes less sense but . . . your post sucks.

9. just my opinion says:

Maybe this will keep HIMYM’s inconsistencies from showing for a while. It’s a shame what happened to this show, really.
    It began as one of the greatest comedies airing on tv and now is disappointment followed by more disappointment.
    The writers are clearly lost as to where they are heading with the “Mother” storyline, and the show as a whole has lost direction entirely.
    They are literally out of ideas, but instead of trying to come up with a satisfying ending that would wrap things up once and for all, they keep writing gimmicky episodes, messing with the characters we had grown to love (how pathetic is Robin now!?) and leading the audience on.
    How I Met Your Mother should quit while its ahead. Although its not really ahead anymore;

• Little Scarf Girl says:

They do need to quit with the filler episodes (like the past 3!) and actually address the story, and NOT in a way that butchers the characters. Robin has changed drastically from the person she was in S1-S6, and it’s ridiculous.

• Lombe (@MadridistaLombe) says:

Are we watching the same show!! I have every HIMYM Episode for each season on my Laptop, i’ve watched each of them at least 10 times, and the show is as good as ever, in fact this is onee of the best seasons i’ve seen, and i love where the story is going.

• just my opinion says:

We’re clearly not watching the same show then. ;)
        I wish we were though… yours sounds great!

• Diane says:

This season had some phenomenal Barney/Robin stories, but the last couple of episodes have frustrated me. I feel like the story came to a complete standstill after we were told Robin can’t have kids.

• Ziack says:

How about you throw in a spoiler alert next time? gee thanks…

• Dan says:

Ziack, WHY would you click on an article called “How I Met Your Mother SPOILERS” if you don’t want to be spoiled? This is for those of us who are up to date with the series, and have seen an episode that have aired on December of last year. Gee.

• NCSouthernBelle says:

@Ziack – If you’re referring to the tidbit about Robin not being able to have kids as needing the spoiler alert, that episode was almost two months ago!

• Me Myself and I. says:

i kind of agree. I very much enjoyed watching seasons 1-6, but this current season was a bit of a letdown for me.

10. Asia says:

I loved Becki Newton on Ugly Betty but my love for Barney and Robin isn’t going anywhere.

11. This girl seems like she’ll be more fun to watch than Nora, but calling Barney on his BS isn’t exactly new. Everyone does it all the time. (And who WOULD be stupid enough to believe that story??) I definitely want Barney/Robin to happen eventually, but they need to do some damage control on Robin’s character beforehand. She’s lost all of her edge, and what made her so fun to begin with. Season 4/5/6 you could understand why you want the two together. Now, Robin’s so insecure it’s like she’s not even the same person.

• sophia says:

I second that. She’s practically starting to vanish!! If she can’t make me laugh anymore, then I sure as hell don’t want her with Barney. Just fix her already or forget that whole B/R thing.

12. Jen says:

Am I the only one who is not seeing a video on here?

13. agreed says:

agreed with ‘just my opininon’. The show has really lost its way. Though I will say I do think they (the show producers) know where they are going in the end, as in they know what the last couple episodes will be. But they are just dragging it along and offering many many disconnected episodes, just to drag it out for as long as possible. More episodes for syndication, etc. But it’s getting boring. And yes, the Robin character is quite pathetic at this point.
    Also, am I the only one who thinks the whole Robin/Barney thing is kind of gross? The beginning of the series we were sold on Robin being the mother, Ted was madly in love with her (and possibly still is). And then we were told Robin is not the mother. Ok fine. But then having her hook up with Barney was just so odd. Against the bro ‘code’. You dont sleep with your best friend’s ex-girlfriend, except apparently on this show.

• Little Scarf Girl says:

While I agree that the show is putting in too many fillers episodes and butchering Robin’s character, I disagree with your last paragraph. Not everyone has to like Barney/Robin, of course, but we knew from the pilot episode on that Robin wasn’t the mother, and there was a huge fallout from Robin and Barney hooking up in the 3rd season. They actually addressed the “bro code,” and Ted even stopped being friends with Barney for a brief period.

• PCM says:

What show were you watching? In the VERY FIRST episode, Ted refers to her as “Aunt Robin.” It was clear from Day One that Robin is not and would not be the mother.

• elle says:

you were sold on Robin being the mother? like seriously? LOL And guys have slept with their friend’s ex-girlfrends all the time, on TV AND in real life.

14. Sg.Grant says:

We will still find out that Barney is marrying Robin at the end of the season. A big part of next season will be how he ends up with her and breaks up with Becky Newton.

• Anonymous says:

Actually no, we know that Barney gets married and that Ted meets his wife on that day, but they haven’t said or even hinted at who the bride is. I pray to God that it’s not Robin, those two were clearly horrible together. Come on there was an entire episode about how they were terrible together!

15. Steph says:

She’s good and everything but there are no sparks. I’ll like her because I can relate to her, but I’m not jumping on ship when Barney and Robin have way more chemistry. I’m glad I watched this before commenting, you almost got Barney/Robin fans worried over nothing.

• Brendan says:

Glad you’re waiting until we’ve seen more than 45 seconds of footage to pass judgment on the new character…

• sempreviva says:

Barney and Robin USED to have more chemistry, they don’t anymore. I believe it happened since Robin stopped having an interesting personality.

16. MKS says:

I’m so down with this. I’ve loved Becki Newton since Ugly Betty, and this made me laugh out loud.

• cdnchick says:

Agree….Becki’s going to be a great new character arc for the show! I think the writers mentioned some of the current focus for Robin is going to continue to be on Robin herself, her career, etc….but I miss crazy funny Canucks loving Robin…. :(
      I have a quick question….was it actually revealed that Ted is Barney’s best man at the weddding? I’m asking because, I seem to recall in a previous episode a few seasons past there was a scene where Robin asked Ted to be her “Best Man” if/when she ever gets married….if the scenario has Ted being Barney’s best man at the wedding (where he meets the ‘mother’). I’m not sure Robin is the bride then….just a thought…

• Little Scarf Girl says:

Yes, Lily called Ted in specifically addressing him as “best man.” However, I believe the best man is the best man for both the bride and the groom, so there’s no reason he can’t be sharing these duties between Barney and Robin if Robin is the bride.

17. sabrina says:

Yeah don’t think I’m over Barney/Robin just yet. But this should be fun, I used to love Becki Newton on Ugly Betty.

18. Meh says:

The sad thing with this show is that if it would have ended around season 5 Robin and Barney who have had amazing chemestry since day 1 would have still be a thing. Now this show is just sh*t and giggles, without the giggles…

19. Mike says:

Whatever this is just a temporary roadblock to B/R.

20. It's me. says:

HIMYM is still the best sitcom out there,but..not sure if I am going to get over that Barney/Robin thing just as easy as that. :D Still have to admit-Becki Newton is great.

21. Jackiii says:

Ow she didn’t :D. Anti-Barney on the way. Behold.

22. Me Myself And I says:

Oh, and I still love Barney/ Robin. I’m not going to change sides!

23. Magik says:

Został zrobiony błąd w słowie MEET a nie met

24. John says:

Some funny interplay. But I’ve noticed the last few episodes starting to gather dust on my DVR and that’s never a good sign…. Perhaps I’ll kick this next one to the front of the list to see what’s what.

25. Lisa says:

I think I am one of the few who cannot stand Barney and Robin together. She used to be strong and independent, so what happened? She got all floppy over Barney, then completely shafted him. I like that the characters have been growing, but they are getting more and more unlikeable. I haven’t been nearly as excited for Monday nights since the beginning of season 6, and then that sucked hard, and it hasn’t gotten better.

• Ethan says:

You are not the only one. Robin and Barney has so little chemistry. She was so much better when she was with Ted. Please sink the R/B ship and save Robin. She used to be my favorite character and now she is just pathetic.

• sophia says:

Yes, I agree with both. What happened to old hilarious independent Robin? The one that was cool and made jokes, not the one who throws punches on the face of the man who’s joking at her (yeah, that scene pissed me like cr@p!). I watch season 1 and I see a totally different person, more pretty (though I never bought that “super-hot” kinda thing, just couldn’t see it) and more likable and funny. Now every time I watch himym, she just gets on my nerves! (Btw the women of himym have become both really annoying lately or it’s just me?)

• Alex says:

You’re not the only one. Sadly, I’m the person that thought she was so much better with Ted but I know that they’ll never end up together. I just don’t see it with Barney and Robin. I’m not sold on their chemistry. I don’t want them to end up together.

26. Joline says:

Love Barney and Robin – hope they are the end game. But sure am going to enjoy Becki and Barney until then…

27. Dave says:

This could potentially be a good story arc, but it depends on how it is written. Guest stars on this show seem to come and go at will and we sometimes don’t get the opportunity to get to know them in a way that would make us care for the character. Kevin is supposed to be an important character this season and yet we barely know the guy and he’ll be there as a part of the group one episode and totally absent the next episode without any mention of him like he doesn’t exist, kinda makes it hard to care about Robin’s relationship with him. If this character is treated the same way, it won’t do much for the show except take away screen time from the main characters.

28. Lindsey says:

I’ve always hated Barney/Robin, so I definitely welcome this distraction.

29. Jess says:

Love Becki Newton so much. Can’t wait for tonight!!!

30. vb says:

This is a great sitcom I’ve ever seen. I mean in which other tv series have you seen a magnificent, well-defined character like Barney ? still against the filler episodes idea..