The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

On TV this Wednesday: A rebooted CBS newsmagazine gets Personal, Suburgatory‘s George gets latexasperated, William Devane gets wrapped up in a Revenge scheme and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, we’ve picked eight programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Person to Person (CBS) | In the premiere of this rebooted celebrity interview special (founded by Edward R. Murrow in 1953), George Clooney and Jon Bon Jovi give tours of their homes in Los Angeles and New Jersey, respectively, while Warren Buffett opens the door to his Omaha office.

8 pm The Middle (ABC) | Mike angers Frankie when he botches a simple Valentine’s Day gesture; Sue doesn’t understand why her new boyfriend has suddenly turned into a bad kisser.

8:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | When George discovers a box of XXL condoms that Lisa has given Tessa… actually, we’re just gonna leave it at that. It’s better that way.

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | The BAU team is called to Atlantic City to investigate a series of ritualistic casino-related murders; Garcia, after a spat with boyfriend Kevin, fears she and Morgan may have gotten a little too “friendly” (get more scoop on that here). Dean Cain (Lois & Clark) guest-stars.

9 pm Rock Center With Brian Williams (NBC) | New time slot alert! Meredith Vieira shares an exclusive interview with Mimi Alford, the author of Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President John F. Kennedy and its Aftermath, who shares explicit (eek) details about the affair she had with JFK when she was but 19 years old.

9 pm Modern Family (ABC) Phil is so preoccupied with impressing his new business partner (guest star Greg Kinnear) that he doesn’t notice  the guy is perhaps being overtly inappropriate with Claire; Jay and Gloria have their hands full when Mitchell and Cameron need to crash at their place for a bit.

Happy Endings Preview: Lone Star‘s James Wolk on Wooing Max (and His Friends!)
Exclusive Happy Endings First Look Video: Watch ‘The Best Scene We’ve Ever Shot!’

10 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Michael McKean (Smallville) guest-stars as a lecherous reality-TV casting boss, while Cameron Monaghan (Shameless) plays his troubled son-slash-producer. (Read more about the Benson-centric episode in Ask Ausiello.)

10 pm Revenge (ABC) | As Emily and Daniel’s engagement party (yes, that party) nears, Victoria tries to use Conrad’s father (William Devane, Knots Landing) against him, Jack finds himself wandering deeper into the fray and the rug gets pulled out from under Emily.

Which of the above is must-see for you? Also, hit Comments to share your own tune-in suggestions!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Michael Sacal says:

McKean already appeared in SVU once. I’d much rather see actors reprise their past characters than see them cast as new ones.
    Given how long these L&O shows run, how cool would it be to see someone they arrested in their first season come back after he’s spent a decade in jail and maybe seek revenge or something like that?

2. Raykov says:

Comedy Night for me- The Middle, Are You There, Chelsea?, Modern Family, Happy Endings and Hot in Cleveland…

3. Juan says:

So excited for the comedies to be back and I’m loving suburgatory, also can’t wait to see max’s boyfriend as he was awesome in lone star, also can’t wait for revenge as I’m still sorta mad that she just said he raped her

4. JJ says:

Modern Family, Happy Endingd and Revenge for me…

5. rush says:

oh my god i cant wait to see criminal minds!!! Dean Cain AND Shemar Moore!! Hubba hubba hubba

6. Sue says:

I’m a ABC girl tonight. Surburgatory, Modern Family and Revenge. Fun!

7. jess says:

ABC comedies 8-10, then I watch/dvr all three 10pm shows: CSI, SVU, and Revenge.

8. Jeff says:

The apostrophe you put in “Knots” should be buried in a children’s playground.

9. Fernando says:

Revenge is back!!!!!! My life just got better.

10. kevin says:

Modern Family & Happy Endings.

11. No love for Royal Pains?! For shame…
    Suburgatory, Revenge (squee!) and DVRing Royal Pains…wednesday’s are pretty light these days…

12. Guillaume says:

The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Happy Endings, Revenge. ABC controls my Wednesdays entirely and I love it.

13. Vergara's fake accent says:

Oh, Modern Family is going to grace us with another episode. Been watching since day one, but you can’t be taking these breaks and expect us to be there when you want. DVR or not, start showing some new episodes. I know you guys are “big time” now, but show us some respect. Or soon that new/repeat episode marker on the guide will look like “repeat” every time I check.

• get real says:

Get real. This is sweeps month. Almost EVERY major show has been cycling repeats for at least a couple of weeks, if not since Christmas, so they can pull out all the fresh new episodes for the month where networks can decide what they’ll charge advertisers next season.
      Sit down, unknot your panties from the bunch they were in, and enjoy the month of February. We’ll see you again in March when the repeats return.

14. Judy Tankoos says:

CRIMINAL MINDS a must-see! Record SVU, watch Revenge!

15. Velvet says:

The Middle
    Modern Family
    Ghost Hunters
    Royal Pains

16. kirads09 says:

Criminal minds possibly – I don’t always watch (unless the focus is on Reid) but I do like Dean Cain!
    Otherwise, a good night for catching up on DVR’d stuff.

17. Susie says:

Criminal Minds all the way tonight!! Can’t wait to see what happens with Morgan and Garcia. LOVE them!!

18. l says:

CRIMINAL MINDS AND REVENGE!!!!!!! I feel like they haven’t been on in forever. Gonna be so good! Plus shemar moore is gonna be topless :)

19. em says:

I’m glad Suburgatory and Modern Family are back…Maybe Whitney, too.

20. Linda says:

No mention of One Tree Hill? Tonight’s episode looks way more interesting than most of the things you do single out.

21. Jess says:

My tv will be tuned into ABC all night! YAY they’re back!!!!

22. Twisted Reven8e says:

I need a revenge fix…………

23. Justin says:

I’m definitely looking forward to Criminal Minds, Modern Family, Royal Pains, and Happy Endings. I will watch CSI, but this could be the last one for me. With Grissom, Warrick, and Catherine gone, it’s just not the same for me anymore.

24. VLKinNC says:

REVENGE (my favorite show)!!! Also, Criminal Minds (my second favorite show), Top Chef-Texas, and probably American Idol. I don’t like going a week with a new Revenge – don’t know what I’ll do this summer :)

25. Julie says:

I’ll be watching the ABC golden two-hour block of Modern Family, Happy Endings, and Revenge.

26. tvaddict says:

Full abc lineup for me. So excited about Revenge!

27. Russ says:

The Challenge: Exes come on Ausi mention it!