Syfy Renews Being Human and Face Off

Syfy has renewed two of its current hits — Being Human, and the reality competition Face Off — for third seasons.

The Being Human pick-up comes just four weeks into the supernatural drama’s sophomore run, airing on Mondays at 9/8c. To date, viewership for Season 2 has increased 15 percent in total audience and by 27 percent with Adults 18-49; at last count, the show did 2.4 million total, with 1.4 mil in the 18-49 demo.

“With the success of Season 2, Being Human has become a premier destination for Syfy viewers,” network boss Mark Stern said in announcing the news. “Jeremy Carver and Anna Fricke have taken this series to new heights this year and we’re excited to see where the third season will go.”

Face Off, which is currently unspooling its Season 2 on Wednesdays at 10 pm, most recently delivered a series high of more than 2 million total viewers, with 1.2 mil of ‘em falling into the coveted 18-49 category. Production on the 10-episode Season 3 will begin this spring, with an eye on a summer launch.

1. Talia says:

Great news about Being Human!

2. lorna says:

Excited, I love Being Human other than the politics, but it would be nice to see how many viewers there are, 3 mill, 2 mill??? F/O got a total. Thanks for the scoop :)Hope we get more off Josh being awkward and wacky, too.

3. Andy says:

I couldn´t be more happy! Being Human is an awesome show and it deserves to live!

4. hello says:

It took them four episodes into the season to renew Being Human, while Sanctuary aired its finale 5 weeks ago and still no word. That says a lot

5. spreidy856 says:

Great news ;-} Yes this season has started off verrrry exciting with introduction of “Mother” & Siren….not to mention Aidan’s blood-lust addiction. Another help was seeing @ least two interviews w/ Sam Witwer[the Today show being one]out promoting the show. They didn’t do that last year. This USA version helps me deal w/ the UK version losing 3 of it’s principle actors/characters and replacing them w/ new ones[TBS-to be seen]. I’m also glad to see a slight diversion from the UK plot lines[last season borrowed alot].

6. Winnie says:

I’m really glad about Face/Off – it’s a competition show I’m not embarrassed to watch and (for the most part) they’ve got great, relevant guest judges (as well as the 3 permanent judges). This is nice news, especially in light of another new TV Line article about a not unexpected, but bitter-sweet series ending.

7. bigdog says:

I think it’s cool that Being Human got renewed however they renewed it but no word on Destination Truth still…..

• Alex says:

Has Josh ever actually found anything? Personally I am jealous as hell of him and wish I thought of it myself… He gets paid to essentially go on global vacations, the price learn a little local folklore, give dramatic pauses, get spooked at the appropriate time and occasionally speak to an ‘empty room’ when he does evp.
      Dear Pilgram Films, Please Hire me I can also not find something get paid (rather well) while you and syfy foot my global vacation.
      Side note: as a former Recording Engineer, I always question why the more expensive and sensitive microphones NEVER pick up any supernatural audio, but a crappy hand held voice recorder always does. It defies logic.

8. Justin says:

Congrats to Being Human! Well-deserved renewal for a great show.

9. juan says:

Being Human is awesome, and really glad that it was renewed.

10. The Diva says:

Hopefully, SyFy will keep showing Lost Girl, which is paired with Being Human on Mondays. I was hooked after the 1st show!

• Justin says:

You got that right!

• Melissa29 says:

Love, love, love Being Human, and I completely agree about Lost Girl. Didn’t think I would like LG, but caught it On Demand after three episodes had aired, and was pleasantly surprised. Now I am watching WITH Being Human.

• Alex says:

Whom ever at SyFy thought to pair those two shows deserves a raise. Lost Girl (on season 2 in Canada) is a great show and wildly successful and now that it’s crossed the border and hit our screens hopefully locks it for a third-fourth season.
      Sidenote: I would love to see a US adaptation of (Sky/BBC America) Bedlam. A severely haunted former mental hospital with a dark past turned into luxury condos… run by reasonably attractive 20somethings… yes please.

11. pv says:

This is fantastic news on both fronts.

12. bhm1304 says:

Hopefully “Lost Girl” will get the same news. Its been a very good show and its impossible not to love the dynamic between the two female leads. Plus whats not to love about a show about a gorgeous succubus?

13. Isabelle says:

YES about Being Human, I’m a new fan, I watched every episode during the Sunday marathon and I’m hooked. My brothers have been fans since season 1 and when I heard it was Jeremy Craver as show runner it was even better. Loved his work on SPN. I loved Sam Witwer on Smallville, I cant believe it took my this long to watch, its amazing. I’m addicted to Aidan.

14. Max says:

Being Human really deserves the pickup, it’s even better than it’s UK original IMO

15. marina says:

i am addicted too. i wish aidan and sally had a thing

16. BillieJo says:

Followed being human 2 every Monday,bought season 1 after. 110% huge fan,I love it just as much as the Walking Dead. I LOVE how we don’t got to wait a yr to see next season like WalkingDead does.keep the seasons coming, i tell everyone to watch it.