NCIS' Michael Weatherly Accepts TVLine's Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crush Award!

NCIS Michael WeatherlyOK, this is just crazy. First, NCIS’ Tony DiNozzo comes out on top in TVLine’s Byzantine Ultimate Law Enforcement Crushes tournament, then his portrayer, Michael Weatherly, goes and gives an award acceptance speech that all but demands that he be presented with yet another statuette! (Best Mock Crying Jag After Sticking It to Nathan Fillion, maybe?)

NCIS Spoiler Alert: Fresh Intel on Tony’s Past!

Seriously — and this really isn’t a surprise, is it? — the actor’s one funny guy. And if you weren’t rooting for him to take the prize before, odds are his tongue-in-cheek thank-you will make you glad that he did, anyway.

Go ahead and click on the link below. But don’t rush him — it’s an emotional moment, and even a seasoned veteran needs a moment to collect himself every now and again!

Want Instant NCIS Scoop and Spoilers? Follow @MichaelAusiello on Twitter

Comments (37)

• what a goober.

Comment by Allison – February 8, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, definitely

Comment by sarah – February 8, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He pretty much nailed it when he called the people voting for this “internet lunatics”! Cuz most of those goobers were directed here from their NCIS slobber sites.

Comment by KevyB – February 9, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That totally made my day! He’s so adorable!

Comment by Maggie – February 8, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree :)

Comment by Stamanah – February 8, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved it and even though the intro prepared me, it was still a surprise to see how charming and funny he can be.

Comment by tvfan – February 9, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!
    Will Cote be stopping by to pick hers up, or has Michael done the honours for that one as well?? :)

Comment by RvE – February 8, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love him:)

Comment by eviltwit – February 8, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cooper Alden, how far you have come…lol

Comment by Liz – February 8, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! So glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t forgotten this role :)

Comment by Diana – February 8, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that…a turtle neck? Take the award back!

Comment by Sarah – February 8, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Inaorite?
      I didn’t vote for him in the end, but he is a lil’ cutie. Funny acceptance.

Comment by Danielle H – February 8, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWWWWWW! :D He is so adorable and funny! I love him so much. Oh, he is so perfect. ♥ I would love if Cote would do this kind of video, too!

Comment by Sofia – February 8, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He always makes me laugh….BUT can we please talk about his “alt” life in last night’s NCIS,the life Tony could have had if Kate had lived broke my heart, esp given the issues he has had this season.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – February 8, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL! ROTFLMFAO! This made my day!

Comment by Pennagirl – February 8, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG – I totally love him – have from the start!!! Total package – hilarious, gorgeous and seems so nice and down to earth.

Comment by carol – February 8, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael is a rock star!

Comment by Sound – February 8, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Nathan Fillon’s watching this awkward YouTube moment.

Comment by kevin – February 8, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike, you are making me regret the one vote I gave you, after you replied to my tweet about Nathan being Canadian, eh? From now on, only putting my votes in Nathan’s basket. LOL

Comment by Katy – February 8, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just one question … will the award end up on his desk in an upcoming episode of NCIS? His and Cote’s too? I bet they could find a way to fit them into an episode …. ;-)
    Congrats to him and thanks for the video … just as adorable as ever!!!

Comment by SoFla – February 8, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh my gawd…the award needs to sit on his desk. No reference needs to be made to it; it just needs to sit there. Maybe he can be polishing it lovingly in the background or something. brilliant suggestion!

Comment by kate – February 8, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lmao! I love this man.

Comment by Steph – February 8, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love! This man is hilarious! Check out the behind the scenes commentary or “round tables” on the NCIS dvds. He cracks my sh*t up!

Comment by Kate – February 8, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The man is a coming genius. Thank you for accepting your lovely award. And it sitting somewhere on Tony’s desk would be awesome as an inside joke.
    Thanks for the video treat Michael (and Michael).

Comment by NoChance – February 8, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apart from enjoying this I would like to thank whoever included CC on this video. It is not very often clips are CC’d on websites so again. Thank you.

Comment by Joy Margetts – February 8, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL what can I say… I love him! Hope to see Cote’s video soon :3 NCIS ftw!

Comment by Rea – February 8, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved that! So helped to make my day better, that is for sure.

Comment by Anna – February 8, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is why I love him. He totally deserves the award!!!
    All the awards to Michael Weatherly please (you love to see such a ceremony with Cote de Pablo, too)

Comment by Svenja – February 8, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Him…Love NCIS…

Comment by carole – February 8, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, too funny! Glad he’s such a sport about all this (hope Cote accepts her award on video too). And now I need to watch Ghostbusters… “we came, we saw, we kicked it’s a$s!”

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 8, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is really cool that Tony and Ziva won these awards. What are the odds of these two awesome actors from the same show winning. Just shows they both rock, the actors rock, an the show kicks butt

Comment by Kat – February 8, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *hee*
    He really is hilarious, and both he and Nathan Fillion were so funny on Twitter during the final voting period. This little video acceptance speech is such a treat!

Comment by Kimber – February 8, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I LOVE it!!!! Too funny. Michael Weatherly is a hoot and a half. And totally crushable, so congrats to him for his award. Thanks TV Line for all the great NCIS/Michael Weatherly love. More please!

Comment by Mel – February 8, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched this 3 times in a row! Love this guy. He just cracked me up.

Comment by Nancy – February 8, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You earn it Tony to bad The female side didn’t

Comment by Michael – February 13, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He plays his part well, surprised someone hasn’t slapped him for his stupid remarks and belittling comments about his fellow workers and women in general Gibbs deserved this award more even if for putting up with Tony.

Comment by Gary – March 8, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick
    shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your articles.

Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
    Thanks for your time!