Pilot Scoop: Kyle Bornheimer Hitches a Ride With ABC Comedy White Van Man

Pilot season veteran Kyle Bornheimer has joined the cast of ABC’s blue collar comedy White Van Man.

The Perfect Couples/Romantically Challenged/Worst Week alum will play a man who is forced to put his dreams on hold in order to take over his father’s handyman business.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

White Van Man, from former My Name is Earl co-exec producer Bobby Bowman, is based on the British series by the same name. Will Mellor (BBC’s Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps) played the aforementioned role in the UK’s version.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Gene says:

Hate to see another British knock-off, the original series of White Van Man with Will Mellor was very funny in my opinion and cannot wait for a new series of that, but think I’ll avoid this one…most American knock-offs of British shows are horrible.

2. Mark says:

Really? Why would you want this guy to be on your show? He’s awful. Show killer.

3. bmo says:

he’s not a show killer,Romantically Challenged was his worst show. the other two were good, just not modern family mass appeal good

4. nookee says:

bornheimer is one of the most hilarious young actors on tv. although the stuff he’s done may not be the best, he is always a total standout. he has an awesome delivery, timing and is one of the best physical comedians around today. truly hilarious. let’s hope this one works!

• Velvet says:

He’s not funny.

• kellyk says:

velvet is an idiot. this guy is awesome. have you ever seen him in the film “she’s out of my league”? he kills it. he’s also the best part of any show he’s ever done — a great physical comedian who also plays a great relatable everyman. he just needs the right show.

5. Carmichael says:

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND White Van Man has just officially died.

6. Fitzy says:

I love this guy. I watched all of his previous shows and I don’t think any of them being cancelled were his fault. I really hope he gets one that sticks.

7. John Berggren says:

He’s hilarious and cute as hell. I just prefer he be on a Showtime comedy instead ;).

8. gcem says:

Is it just me, or does everything this guy’s in get cancelled almost immediately? He seems to be the kiss of death for TV shows.

• JJK says:

Ty Burrell, Julie Bowan and Sofia Vegara were in tons of pilots that were cancelled before they found the right one…Modern Family — but that doesn’t make them show killers. if an actor is talented like bornheimer, it’s not their fault if a show doesn’t work. hopefully White Man Van is the right show for this guy because he is hilarious and deserves one that lasts many seasons.

9. essequemodeia says:

Well, he’s no Christian-Slater-Show-Killer, but he’s an up and coming show killer. I think all the talented show killers are watching this guy surge past them on the way to killing new and better shows. This guy just might kill the best show ever.

• Velvet says:

Every show Kyle Bornheimer is on gets axed. I think the last show was Romantically Challenged with Alyssa Milano. There is nothing I particularly like about this guy.