Parks and Recreation Hot Shots: Louis C.K. Brings Awkward Back to Pawnee

Louis C.K. is headed back to Parks and Recreation as Leslie Knope’s mumbly, bumbly former flame Dave — and we’ve got your first look at the awkward encounter between the mild-mannered cop, his ex and her new love, Ben.
The Louie star is set to reprise his memorable Parks role in the Feb. 16 episode, which finds Leslie and Ben running into Dave (who relocated to San Diego in Season 2) during an attempt to get Pawnee’s Chief of Police to endorse Knope for City Council.

Pilot Scoop: Louis C.K., Spike Feresten Team For CBS Ensemble Comedy

Take a peek at the photos below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the obviously uncomfortable gathering.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: First Look, Photo Gallery, Previews

1. Louise says:

Fantastic. I love Dave. And as much as I like Leslie/Ben, I also really adored Dave/Leslie.

2. Julie says:

I’m pretty excited about the return of Dave; I thought he was a really endearing character. I can’t imagine Ben or Dave actually getting into a confrontation (although maybe a mild-mannered one), but I’m sure there will be plenty of hilarious awkwardness.

3. Spencer says:

LOVE IT!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!

4. Ari says:

I’m pretty excited for the return of Dave and Ben in a super awkward position. I love when Ben feels awkward because he is so funny! Just think of his interview on Ya Heard With Perd during the Harvest Festival, “Sometimes I think I need glasses”

• annie says:

Yessssss, I hope Ben just blathers about calzones and sometimes having gay thoughts and questioning whether there’s a bird in the diner while still being adorablly mild mannered. And Dave will be adorably mild mannered and drop references to Margaret Thatcher and jut his chin out a lot. And all three will keep giving each other furtive side eyes. And it will be glorious.

5. mich says:

Cannot wait for this! Dave/Leslie were sweet, though I think Ben/Leslie make a better match long-term. Looking forward to the awkwardness and seeing Adam Scott and Louis C.K. on s screen together!

6. Em says:

I had heard of Louis CK, but his appearance on P&R made me a fan. Such a great character. Can’ t wait!

7. AndyLuvr says:

I’ve been waiting for this for such a long time! Officer Dave Sanderson FTW!!!