Exclusive

Nurse Jackie Exclusive: Season 4 Poster Reveals Jackie is Out of Tricks, Excuses and [Spoiler]!

No one’s ever accused Nurse Jackie of being a model of moderation. But, as this exclusive first look at her namesake series’ Season 4 key art suggests, going forward, she won’t be exercising any restraint whatsoever.

Frankly, why would she?

Since our title junkie (Edie Falco) split up with hubby Kevin (Dominic Fumusa) in the Showtime hit’s third season finale, she has no ball and chain to slow her down. But, left entirely to her own devices, how low will she sink?

Any way you slice it — and any way you look at this picture — we’re coming up on a game-changing batch of episodes (kicking off Sunday, April 8). What do you think? Will Jackie bottom out and bounce back? Or bottom out and just keep going? Thoughts, theories, observations in the comments, please.

Nurse Jackie Season 4 Spoilers

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look

1. Lila says:

I’m so over Jackie. Also, how can someone who is not pretty, a pathological liar, and a horrible personality land a hot younger husband?

• rfg_nyc says:

AGREE!

• Robert A says:

Gawd! You are sad….and pathetic.
      Number 1) If you are “so over” Jackie, why do you read AND post about her?
      Number 2) …and more important. Not pretty? Let me tell you something, I would do her ANYTIME. Is she smoking hot? Maybe not..but dam*! She sure knows how to overcompensate for it with a f*cking attitude that will get any straight guy aroused. Will guys say the same about you? Judging by your bitterness, I guess no.

• brandy says:

Fat, unattractive, irresponsible man-children land hot wives on tv/movies all the freaking time. Like, 2/3 of sitcoms use this trope. One show decides to go the other way and you call foul?

• siobhan says:

I AGREE! This is such a good point. King of Queens? Please. Jackie IS pretty, but she’s a nurse. She works long hours, you think she should be wearing more makeup, maybe get her hair done?

• Merry says:

Geez! It’s a television show! Lighten up, it’s not supposed to be reality! You take crap much too seriously. I’ll bet you’ve got way to much time on your hands and too many reality shows recorded! Let those of us who love the show enjoy it. Opinionated much? Better watch that bitterness, it’ll make ya miserable!

• you tell it, sister! says:

Here-here!!! Never was into this unbelievable crap.
      Don’t know one person who’s ever watched it.

• Debbie says:

Just because she doesnt look like everybody else doesnt make her ugly. Her character is an addict. It changes people. Amazing actress!!!!!

• Joe says:

Edde falco is very pretty!! Hello…

• stan sirgutz says:

she is sexy,thats how

• TwIsTeD says:

If your SO over Jackie, what the hell are you doing here????. Jackie rocks!

• RC says:

It’s TELEVISION for crying out loud! Are you jealous of a character portrayed by an actress for our entertainment? Do you know where the on/off button is on your remote? Get over yourself!

2. Diane says:

Love Edie Falco but agree completely.

3. nyguy says:

Nurse Jackie had such a great first season but they made some huge mistakes after that. Thank goodness The Big C just keeps getting better and taking smart risks.

4. Debbie says:

I hate to think what will happen to her daughters now. Their dad was always there for them while Jackie was being out of control.

5. andres says:

i watched the 6 or 7 first episodes a long time ago, but the series was so slow and episodes seemed to go nowhere, and that was supposed to be the best season? I loved the actress who played the naive junior nurse, but that was it.

6. Trista says:

I get so sick of programs like Jackie and House. I’ve seen both shows and with the exception of the actors playing the parts I don’t get the appeal. Its depressing to see such talented and capable characters wallow in their drug use.

• Barb Davies says:

I know it’s just TV entertainment but as a Registered Nurse with a niece going to med school I feel humiliated & sad to see our professions trashed just for entertainment. I know there are health care professionals but please let’s not glorify them

• Reader says:

There ARE people in the medical field that get caught everyday for doing drugs & there are people that don’t get caught! Just because someone works in the MEDICAL field, doesn’t mean they don’t do bad things!
        You should NOT feel humiliated over a TV show. I don’t think the show glorifies it. I think it shows a realistic view!
        The society we live in is screwed up!
        Even in the medical field!

• lia jones says:

I knew a girl whos mom was a RN, as well and stole srcipts to feed her addiction. She also took her nursinghome patients pain pills. Nurses are people with problems too and yes sometimes peolpe use to escape reality. You should know that. Plus they didnt make pixies for no reason. This is show about someting that really is happening good or bad.

• Number 1 Fan of Jackie says:

“Wallow in their drug use” Are you kidding me? You do realize this is NOT reality, right? They are ACTING!!!!
      I GUESS everyone is entitled to their opinion…..

• Think Again says:

I’m a huge Nurse Jackie fan, mostly because there are an alarming number of health care providers out there (including doctors and nurses) who truly ARE “wallowing in their drug use.” “Nurse Jackie” just happens to handle the situation in a more realistic fashion than “House,” which has become FOX’s #1 Sci Fi.

• Abbey says:

Totally agree. I once had a roommate who was a nurse and I saw firsthand things she did that made me go “hmmm” to say the least. No where near as extreme as Nurse Jackie but surprised me nonetheless. I like the show and agree S3 wasn’t as good as S1 or S2 but still getting psyched for it.

7. Lauren says:

Edie Falco is a phenomenon. Is she the hottest actress out there? Maybe not but who cares? She rocks big time and keeps the focus of the show tight! The show has great actors and the subject is much closer to home than many may realize. I LOVE this show and can’t wait for the next season.

8. Terra says:

Are u guys kidding me??? Nurse Jackie is by far one of the best series out there right now..great writing awesome acting..can’t wait till April!!

9. champmav says:

Love the show but the lack of realistic consequences of drug use in the healthcare workplace is astonishingly unrealistic. Jackie could not be working in the real world, no one would hire/employ her; employers are WAY to risk-averse to put up with even a suggestion of drug use in healthcare providers. Likewise, House would long ago be unemployed for even a fraction of his antics.

10. susan l. says:

these comments are bizarre. I mean…like this show, or don’t…but nobody watches tv shows about perfectly well-adjusted human beings. For plots to work, characters need flaws.
    bunch of whiners.

11. Elaine Kirk says:

Love Nurse Jackie, there is ton of pill abusers out there now adays, who can relate, and maybe some good will come of this show. It will be a while before Jackie hits rock bottom, loosing her job, stealing, it is all comming, that is drug abuse. Ya never know who has it, and it could be some one’s kid right under there nose and the parent not know it. Nurse Jackie shows all the people watching what to look for in pill abusers, especially pain pill addiction. there are now more pill related deaths than cocaone and heroine in this country.
    House got old, and i am sure Nurse Jackie will wear off too, who knows what is next? Shamless i do like for now, keeps us all guessing what is next?
    Just my thoughts.

12. Christianne says:

Absolutely love nurse Jackie..I find the entire cast blends well and if you really know how a hospital works her addiction is not all too Hollywood…have you ever heard of “two for you, one for the nurse”…Kudos to you Edie and can’t wait until the season premier! <3

13. Domenica says:

I love Edie I love the entire cast.. The show rocks !!! Can’t wait for season 4 to start!

14. nichole says:

What is wrong with all if you? Nurse Jackie is an amazing show! You do realize its fantasy, NOT reality…I love getting lost in this show for a half hr once a week..its one of the few shows I actually laugh out loud to! It is a CHARACTER she plays & I think she does an awesome job! She is not a spokes person for all the wonderful nurses out there! I look forward to sitting back & laughing once a week! Good job!

15. rabbit says:

Man, her husband was hot. I would have done anything to hang on to that dude.

16. Katy says:

This show is hilarious! You people picking every little thing apart is ridiculous! It’s a TV show for gods sake! If you wanted a perfect little, well-adjusted, white picketed fence show that doesn’t offend anyone in ANY way…well..that would be one boring show. It’s entertainment ya losers! LOL

17. Christianne says:

You got that right..so many flat boring tv shows out there, this one keeps you laughing and wondering all in a very short episode! glad to see someone else enjoys premium television viewing!

18. Jake says:

I agree I am a fan of both Jackie and House. That said, this season of House has been far better, last year was to much House and Cuddy crap. I love Jackie. However, imo O’Hara and Akalitus make the show. Jackie’s passion for the patients is what makes the show, she will go out of her way to help them and the staff. Sure there are things that aren’t so realistic, but you have to see the whole picture and not just nitpick it to death. Life is to serious, you have to be able to find an outlet to decompress your mind etc.

19. Benjaaron says:

Word.

20. Julie says:

I love Nurse Jackie & can’t wait for the new season!!!! !st season was great but I really think this one is going to be ballas to the wall awesome!!!!

21. Nancy says:

Come on people, open your eyes and see reality. Jackie makes this show amazing. She’s real, upfront and human! Yes she’s on a downslide, but I have faith in her and she will pull up her big girl panties, and get her life back on track. As for her kids, they are brats, esp. the oldest one. She’s better off without them. Let Daddy deal with the drama of them.

22. Kristin says:

Cannot wait till the next season. Some of the comments I just read are INSANE!!! Jackie effin kills it every episode. The show is excellent!!!!!

23. Sheri says:

I couldn’t have said it better!! Nurse Jackie rocks!! She’s an overworked nurse and mother, she’s supposed to look like a beauty queen too? Come on! The show is called Nurse Jackie, not Sex and the City!

24. BIG fan of Nurse Jackie! says:

I can’t get over the remarks about this show.
    If you don’t like the show, don’t watch it! It’s that simple…
    If you don’t watch it, then you shouldn’t have an opinion about it!
    People you do realize this is NOT a REALITY show, right?????
    These are paid actors!!!!!!! You talk as if it’s real.
    Amused by peoples opinions!

25. Debe Boles says:

Love the show can’t wait to see what she has up her sleeve the time!!!!

26. JackieRulez says:

bottom out and just keep going! Love this show.
    All the negativeness is pointless…Jackie is no role model, the show is for entertaining – and yet I am entertained and can’t wait for season 4.
    You don’t like it, do not watch it, but let us others enjoy!
    Go Jackie!

27. Newbies Rock says:

Like Jackie or not, ZOEY is the best reason to watch this show.

28. kim says:

I love each character on this show. All human beings are flawed which is depicted so beautifully in this show. Nurse Jackie, just like all human beings, copes with life the best way she can. I hope to see more prescription drug use. It is no different than 9 to 5ers going to the bar or home and having a few cocktails to unwind and deal with the pressures we have created in this crazy, chaotic, pressure filled journey we call life. Drug use doesn’t make a person bad as shown so poetically in Nurse Jackie. It allows people to cope with the pain and injustices of everyday life. It should be an individual’s choice to take prescribed medication and not a doctors. Pain whether physical or emotional is difficult to deal with. Love you Nurse Jackie and cast!

29. Jennifer says:

I love this show, she’s an awesome actress playing a awesome role!
    I think anyone who thinks otherwise is just jealous!!!

30. M says:

I love Nurse Jackie, but I was pissed at her for kicking Kevin out. I could always call upon Jackie’s redeeming qualities to compensate for her deplorable behavior. She is a kind hearted and dedicated nurse, but expanding on her bad traits last season is making me lose my patience with her. The season ended with me hating her and wishing that someone, anyone would tell Kevin what she’s been up to all this time. The writers cannot have her getting away with all the stuff she’s pulled, it’s getting tiring.

31. lynn says:

i no a 25 year prof nurse that is jackie all over! there is always 1 bad apple now and then..n the real world!

32. Linda says:

As a RN I am a big Akalitis fan. Wish we had one of her. As for the drug abuse, it happens, for real. When I found one nurse sucking the Fentanyl patches I thought Oh Jesus. Or seeing a visitor sticking their hands in the injection boxes on the wall. I love Nurse Jackie, I relate. And I do laugh out loud.

• Kelly says:

Hehe I love Akalitis. She, Jackie, and O’Hara make the show for me, but then again I love all of the characters. Great show.

33. cinny flones says:

Give me some nurse jackie
    Iluvher

34. Viviana Gutierrez says:

Jackie like ALL of us has flaws, yet she still manages to be great at what she does best….Nursing! All the drugs and drama in her life can’t touch her ability to love, care, and cure those she can. She is still a Bad- A**! But she does need to make changes soon because she is risking too much… her whole life. We ALL go through that at one point in our lives no matter how big or small the drama.

35. Viviana Gutierrez says:

That’s not fair. Her girls are innocent by-standers and it’s not their fault their mom is on drugs. Do you know any kids that aren’t spoiled at one point or another?

36. Fugly housewife says:

Oh so true.

37. Mareb says:

Have luved Jackie since day one……. my question is will be be able to purchase the above poster???

38. Yo Mamma says:

Well my 80 year old grandmother was a RN and a full blown pill popper. So it happens whatever. The show started out very strong… I love all the actors in it like most of the other showtime shows but I hope they don’t burn out the addiction thing too much. And I’m still pissed off about The United Steates of Tara getting cancelled.And all of you who act like haters and babies on here, slow your roll it’s really just a tv show at the end of the day.

39. marylou says:

I was underwhelmed with last season.
    It’s going to be the Zoe show if they don’t step it up!

40. Melanie1987 says:

Agree, truly bizarre comments! I’ve never understood people who come to these posts specifically to trash-talk a show. If it’s not your cup of tea, then fack off! This show has meat, and heart, and each character is uniquely brilliant – even asshole Dr. Cooper! I am anxious to see where s. 4 takes Jackie and St. Vincent’s Hospital.

41. katmouse says:

The 1st season was amazing, then it sort of faltered. Let’s hope this season gets back into the groove. Its a great show w/ a stellar cast.

42. Shay says:

In what world are you people living? As a recovering counselor, I went to a rehab specifically for medical professionals- doctors as well as nurses who actively used while caring for and operating on patients. Some had installed their own ports on themselves so that they could hook up to IVs at work-this kind f drug abuse happens daily.

43. Bread of Heaven says:

I’m waiting for Jackie and Dr. O’Hara to stop repressing their mutual attraction and “Let the Good Times Roll.”

44. Holly Bradford says:

I love this show. Jackie is simply an illustration of what we all do in our own way at times,and that is to try every possible distraction to the inth degree so we don’t have to face the fact that our lives are hanging by a mere thread. I sure hope she makes it out alive!