Pilot Scoop: ABC Orders Mandy Moore Comedy

Get More: Pilots

ABC has ordered a half-hour single camera comedy pilot starring Mandy Moore.

The untitled project centers on newlyweds Annie (Mandy Moore) and Ben, who open a hip, new restaurant in Annie’s hometown bringing her closer to her needy and high maintenance family.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Shawn Levy (Date Night) is attached to executive produce and direct the pilot. Bob Fisher (Traffic Light) and Stacy Traub (Notes From the Underbelly) penned the script.

Tags: ,

Comments (22)

• James Wolk will play her husband, right?

Comment by Angel – February 7, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes please, amazing idea !!!!

Comment by rod – February 7, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I am in love with James Wolk, I hope he can do better than this.

Comment by Russ – February 7, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love mandy moore, but this sounds like all her worst movies rolled into one show

Comment by SonR – February 7, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kinda can’t wait. Like her acting most of the time. But I like her in general!

Comment by Danielle – February 7, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is actually very funny. I loved her in Scrubs.

Comment by Mark – February 7, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds interesting and Mandy is a good actress
    And ABC? Having her on contract gives you the perfect opportunity to have her stop by Once Upon a Time as Rapunzel. Just saying

Comment by Emily – February 7, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! That would be GREAT!

Comment by Jen – February 8, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m totally going to believe that you are the Jen and you’re going to tell your bosses about my great idea right now ;)
        /kidding

Comment by Emily – February 8, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And now I’ll have the song «I have a dream» stuck in my head all day until I get home and get to watch Tangled with the kids… ;-)

Comment by Julie – February 9, 2012 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Emily
    Best. comment. ever.

Comment by MattG – February 7, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahaha!! Thank you for this comment, this needs to happen asap!

Comment by Jon – February 7, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mandy Moore. Hope to see this make series.

Comment by Rolfe – February 7, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having read the script (prior to the re-write,) Adam Brody would be absolutely perfect casting as Moore’s character’s husband, Ben.

Comment by Judy – February 7, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zachary Levi’s not busy anymore!

Comment by Mikaela – February 7, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! @Mikaela
    Make this happen!

Comment by localboy – February 8, 2012 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There could be a horse called maximus too!

Comment by Liam – February 8, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Mandy Moore! I think a romantic sitcom would be the perfect fit for her. Hope this one works out.

Comment by Kristy – February 8, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow what another exciting amazing original TV Series. I can’t wait to see it, Not. If you want to make a TV Pilot just filled in the blank:
    Newlyweds _____,Married Couple ________,Parents_______, Children and Parents ____________,Divorced Couple________________,________ move back to Hometown, etc., etc.
    The beauty is we’re suppose to get excited about this. They keep churning out recycled losers.

Comment by Phil Hersh – February 8, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s likeable enough.. but she just plays the same character in every movie, and will be the same character in this. The quirky, talkative, sexy/cute girl role gets old fast though..

Comment by Danielle H – February 8, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has played exactly one interesting role onscreen: Hilary Faye in Saved. She could’ve followed that up with more edgy stuff, but she did horrible rom com after horrible rom com….

Comment by RLS – February 9, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If her character’s name would have been Sadie then I would have said that this is some sort of a sequle to Liscense to Wed (John Krasinski’s character’s name was Ben in that movie…)…. Sorry I love Krasinski!
    I’m curious though about this show… since I adore Mandy but it’s never really been about her comedy styles. But either way can’t wait to see what will happen!

Comment by Julie – February 9, 2012 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post