Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Bones, Gossip Girl, Private Practice, SVU, NCIS, Fringe and More!

Get More: Exclusive, Spoilers

Spoilers on Glee, Gossip Girl, BonesGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any good Glee scoop!? —Nathan
Ausiello: It’s good if you enjoyed Ricky Martin’s guest appearance in tonight’s episode (and how could you not), because sources confirm to me exclusively that you will see his character, Dave Martinez, again — possibly as early as spring. Producers, who wisely left not just a window but a door open for the return of his Spanish teacher, have invited him back on a recurring (and potentially series regular) basis. Although Martin is about to debut on Broadway in Evita, a Glee insider tells me, “We hope to have him fly in and tape when he can. He loves the show and his character and wants to do it.”

Question: Can you give us anything on Kurt and Rachel’s admission (or lack thereof) to NYADA on Glee? —Gabi
Ausiello: I have no concrete intel, just speculation based on Ryan Murphy’s warning of sorts in Entertainment Weekly that Season 3 would end on a somewhat heartbreaking note. My guess is Rachel and Kurt will both be accepted to NYADA, and they will relocate to the Big Apple sans their significant others. That’s just a hunch.

Question: I’m dying for some Glee/Santana scoop. —Lindsay
Ausiello: There’s a great scene in tonight’s episode where Naya Rivera cuts into Will for his lack of enthusiasm/sensitivity as a Spanish teacher. There’s also a disturbingly riotous bit about Emma creating a pamphlet called “Taint Misbehavin” that Beiste uses to get her athletes to clean their “kibbles and bits.”

Question: Anything on 90210 — and I do mean anything? —Jackie
Ausiello: Silver’s going to be involved in another love triangle, this time with Navid and [Spoiler].

Question: You’ve really been slacking on the Fringe scoop lately, so, in honor of my birthday, wanna give a girl the best birthday present ever? —Shireen
Ausiello: Are Altlivia/Lincoln about to get benched? Fringe is looking for an actor in his late 30s and a twentysomething actress to play Fringe Division agents in the alt-universe. Curiously, the male agent is [SPOILER ALERT]; the female is not.

Question: I heard the first episode of the upcoming Castle two-parter (“Pandora”) ends on a cliffhanger. Got any clue if said cliffhanger has anything to do with a certain detective letting her secret out? —Ivy
Ausiello: Yes, there’s a cliffhanger. No, it has nothing to do with Kate telling Rick that she heard his confession of love.

Question: Would you be so kind and reveal the title of the 11th episode of Bones? —Amanda
Ausiello: It’s called “The Family and the Feud” and, per exec producer Stephen Nathan, “It’s our take on the Hatfields and the McCoys. And, of course, it spills over onto our people and their own families.” [FYI: This is the episode that marks the return of Ryan O'Neal as Brennan's pa.] Bonus Bones scoop: Episode 12 is called “The Suit on the Set.”

Question: Any spoilers on the arrival of Sam’s mentally ill sister (played by The Good Wife‘s Anika Noni Rose) on Private Practice? —Yair
Ausiello: “It’s going to show you a side of Sam you’ve never seen,” KaDee Strickland told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich of the siblings’ reunion in Thursday’s episode, adding that “how it affects Addison, having this family member come back into Sam’s life, is going to be interesting.” Could this emotional gut-punch for Sam perhaps bring the estranged lovebirds back together? “I can tell you this: It’s not obvious what’s going to happen,” the actress teases. As for having Anika Noni Rose on board for several episodes, Strickland has this message for the Tony winner’s fans: “If you love her, oh honey, get ready. She is just going to blow your mind and break your heart.”

Question: We have less than a week until The Walking Dead returns. Can I get some scoop on the show to help tide me over until Sunday? —Kellie
Ausiello: In the wake of the barn massacre, all of Rick’s group — save for one person — gets the bum’s rush from Hershel; Dale shares with someone his theory that Shane sacrificed Otis; there’s a rather ridiculous major car crash, considering how deserted the roads are; and Michael Raymond James (Terriers) shows up as a shifty survivor from Philly who introduces us to a new nickname for the walkers.

Question: Please tell me something about Ivy’s return to Gossip Girl. —Victor
Ausiello: The little interloper is about to become a force to reckon with on the Upper East Side in a way that no one could’ve predicted.

Question: Will you marry me, Ausiello? We can watch Gossip Girl and hope for Dair together. In the meantime, what can you tell us about the Valentine’s episode? —Alice
Ausiello: Dan finally opens his heart in next week’s Valentine’s-themed episode, and Blair has a surprising reaction to his catharsis. Or not, if you’ve seen the photos floating around. Oh, and there’s a significant death coming up later in the season. (That’s what we journalists call “burying the lede.”) As for your proposal, my answer is… well, that’s one secret I’ll never tell.

Question: A first! I’m not watching one of the programs you gave the scoop on in last week’s Ask Ausiello! Does that make me a real Aushole? —Dave W.
Ausiello: Really? Which one aren’t you watching? (That’s what we journalists call “smart people humor.”)

Question: Do you have any scoop on NCIS and Tony’s backstory? —Melyssa
Ausiello: Sure do. Remember how show boss Gary Glasberg told TVLine that in the back half of this season, they’d shed more light on “the kid in Baltimore” who was mentioned in the season premiere and has some sort of tie to Tony? And some of you speculated(/hoped) that “the kid” wasn’t necessarily a youth, but was instead a nickname for a fellow cop? Well, when Michael Weatherly stopped by here the other day, he made it crystal clear that “the kid” is in fact a kid — or at least was, back at the time Tony was a cop.

Question: I know Arielle Kebbel is on 90210 now, but any chance she’ll return to Vampire Diaries? I miss Lexi. —Jenny
Ausiello: Kebbel’s up for it — really, really up for it. “I would love, love, love to have Lexi pop up again,” she tells TVLine. “I’m looking forward to the day when Lexi gets to take on Klaus, but I don’t know when that will be. I’m just determined to make that happen.”

Question: I got hooked on Spartacus: Blood and Sand last week on On Demand. I’m still withholding judgment on Liam McIntrye as the new lead, but any spoilers for Spartacus: Vengeance? —Courtney
Ausiello: The Tasmanian Devil is going to take possession of Mira’s (Katrina Law) body in Episode 4, giving rise to one of the most spectacular girl-on-boy(s) killing sprees I’ve ever seen. There are also some juicy Crixus/Lucretia scenes coming up, as well as an answer to this question: What does it look like when someone has their lower lip sliced off slowly by a sword?

Question: I really love Justified, but I am wondering what will happen with Winona and her pregnancy. I just have a hard time imagining Raylan with a baby on his lap in the future. Any scoop on that front? —Muriel
Ausiello: That story takes a surprising turn at the tail end of Episode 5 (airing Feb. 14) when Raylan comes home after a long day’s work and find something very spoilery waiting for him.

Question: Some Justified scoop, pretty please? —Bea
Ausiello: Also in Episode 5, Raylan does something to a woman he has never done before. Scoop on the identity of said woman can be found here.

Question: Congrats on your new web series Spoiler Alert! — I love it! I want to ask for a scoop on Desperate Housewives. —Raykov
Ausiello: It looks like Bree will be sporting an orange jumpsuit before the show fades to black in May. Sources confirm that the modern-day Sue Ellen will be arrested for murder — and at [SPOILER]‘s funeral no less!

Question: The episode description for Thursday’s Secret Circle says Diana takes some “Devil’s Spirit” and loosens up around Lee. How loose are we talking? —Lynda
Ausiello: Pretty damn loose, according to her portrayer, Shelley Hennig. “It’s like giving a 21-year-old a drink for their first time,” she explains. “They’re going to react differently than someone who’s drank before. Diana’s really sensitive to the drug, and it really gets to her. She becomes quite a fun character.” Hennig admits she’s actually “petrified” to see the final cut because “I had no boundaries when I shot it. I’m not kidding. Between me and the director, there were no boundaries. They can’t show everything, but you’ll definitely see Diana pushing the limits, especially with Lee.”

Question: This week’s House was easily the best of the season, but I’m a little worried about the long-term fallout for Chase. Any scoop? —Jeremy
Ausiello: Let’s talk short-term fallout instead:  Monday’s episode picks up nearly a month later and a grudge-carrying Chase has yet to return to the scene of the crime (i.e. his job at Princeton-Plainsboro) nor has he accepted House’s apology. Oh, and he’s also got a new girlfriend. Press play below for more.

Question: Any Law & Order: SVU scoop? —Ashley
Ausiello: If you’re among the few who begrudge Mariska Hargitay her annual Emmy nomination, this Wednesday’s episode reinforces just how great she can be when given “A” material, as Olivia pulls out all the stops — even trading places with a hostage — to keep a disturbed teenage boy from being gunned down by a SWAT team. And while you may tune in for guest star Michael McKean (playing a handsy reality-TV casting boss), it’s Shameless‘ Cameron Monaghan who steals the hour as the aforementioned desperate lad.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Megan Masters and Vlada Gelman)

Comments (176)

• Finally we get to see some nice House Chase stuff! I couldn’t be happier about it. It makes me sad they waited so long for it to happen, but better late than never, right? I hope they can deliver the seriousness of Chases story point and House finally is able to help someone. Maybe this is in a twisted way good for him too…
    Loved the last episode and can’t wait to see the fallout. (Please, Chase, stay with House, again!)

Comment by HouseWife – February 7, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Dair spoiler… I’m so happy, you don’t even know.
    Thank you Ausiello!! You rock.

Comment by Angelica – February 7, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was always a Chair person, but now I am a self-confessed Dair love. These two are really cute together and love the snappy exchanges between them. Oh and the chemistry is off the charts! As for Serena, who the fcuk cares? She has always been a whiny self-obsessed brat and that won’t change ever! Watching Blake Lively is a snoozefest!

Comment by Tanya – February 8, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am excited to see what the kid in Baltimore is about.
    I don’t think it’s Tony’s kid though :)
    I really love Tony-stories, but we’ve had a lot of that this season. I’d like to see some McGee stuff in the future. He’s so underused this season :(

Comment by Svenja – February 8, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when will this DB thing be done? So bored and not enjoying #GG for a long time that thing started. And Blair is not that flakey I’m sure.
    I’m looking forward to Spartacus juicy Crixus/Lucretia scenes. I liked the new season so far.

Comment by donna – February 8, 2012 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for me I can not stand dair, it is a stupid story line, poor chuck I love him so much, and respect his love to blair, so if blair choose dan, so I’m hoping for a love story between my beloved chuck and serena, that will be interesting to watch

Comment by mai – February 8, 2012 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAIR is going to happen weather ppl like it or not

Comment by Carla – February 8, 2012 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair are so perfect for each other !!! They deserve a shot

Comment by Kate – February 8, 2012 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope the writers dont ruin Dan’s character by that stupid Video blast storyline !!! Please give DAIR a shot !!! I mean they are not a couple yet and just look at how many people are coming out in support for these two

Comment by Carol – February 8, 2012 03:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAIR is the single most wonderful thing in this and last season’s GG. the writers should really give them a real chance as a couple against Chair ( which has become extremely boring and with a lotta baggage)

Comment by Judy Walforth – February 8, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Auisello : I LOVE YOU….Thanks for all the DAIR scoops !!! DAIR FTW !!!

Comment by Jemma – February 8, 2012 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for DAIR to become a real couple !!

Comment by Hu Tran – February 8, 2012 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta love Dan and Blair, they are not even a couple yet and still have a huge fan base. Just think what kind of a fan base they could have if they finally become a REAL couple and show what their chemistry is made off. I would bet a lot of Chair ans would jump ship to DAIR as I did when I was huge chair shipper but I’m now so in love with Dan and Blair

Comment by Anna Lisa – February 8, 2012 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Writers finally dare to Dair?? YAY!!!
    Dair >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chair crap.

Comment by Lauren – February 8, 2012 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the way, I confess to be excited for Mira’s role this season. I liked her from the beginning, but I will be thrilled to see her turning into a kick-a$$ warrior rebel like the male slaves.

Comment by ck – February 8, 2012 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to know when NCIS’s Brian Dietzen will get a main title credit. He’s been in the show ~103 times so surely he deserves to be upgraded from ‘guest star’ by now – or am I just missing something ?

Comment by Fido – February 8, 2012 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, he’s not a guest start but a recurring. Still I really agree. He’s in more episodes than Vance and has more screen time than Vance. He deserves to be in the credits and to be called a regular

Comment by Svenja – February 8, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Sam and Addison get back together on Private Practice, I’m done with the show. They are a horrible couple and they never should’ve happened because YOU DO NOT DATE YOUR BEST FRIEND’S EX-HUSBAND no matter WHAT anyone says. You just DON’T DO IT.

Comment by Michelle – February 8, 2012 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more!

Comment by Alanna – February 8, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the heartbreaking ending to Glee could be that Kurt gets into NYADA but Rachel doesn’t and then Finn will get into one of the schools Kurt suggested for him.

Comment by Bethany – February 8, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the info on House. Judging from that clip, I doubt that girl is Chase’s ‘girlfriend’ (he does like the ladies, so I think it’s a one night stand). Looking forward to the next episode. Finally the writers get a clue and highlight Chase for a change – as someone said before, better late than never! Jesse Spencer is awesome!

Comment by Aussie girl – February 8, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The DAIR and CHAIR fans are crazy. Heres the thing: I bet Blair just gives a kiss to Dan that says I care about you too so heres a goodbye kiss, we are just friends now sort of thing. It won’t end with them together. If I were Dan I wouldn’t even want to be with her after hearing the video where she told Chuck how much she loved him. So really let Dair fans have their momenet and Chair fans can relax and know that if the writers do anything right Chair will previal. With that said these are the same writers how think they won’t get canceled this season so they aren’t writing a series finale so who knows.

Comment by CAS – February 8, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *who think, not how think…

Comment by CAS – February 8, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bree going to jail? Did NOT see that coming!
    Heard McClusky dies.
    This is going to be really interesting.

Comment by Hilly – February 8, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blair is a whore i can’t believe she is doing this to serena.Dan and blair are ridiculous and gross they disgust me.SCREW DAIR.They ruined blair for me she is marrying a guy she doesn’t even know hanging out with crappy dan what a slut

Comment by GG – February 8, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The *only* time Blair was a whore was when Chuck pimped her out to his uncle.

Comment by P – February 9, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well considering Kathy Bates got a nod for Harry’s law, is it really that hard to consider Pino for a nomination…

Comment by Puck – February 8, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just don’t get how Dan could be okay with being Blair’s third choice, she married Louis, and confessed her love for chuck, and has repeatedly said they are just friends. he has become even more pathetic to be okay with being third best.

Comment by sara – February 8, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it makes no sense. It’s like he’s living in his own fantasy world. He needs a reality check.

Comment by Ashley – February 8, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unless the 90210 spoiler is “Navid and Liam,” sooooooo not interested.

Comment by Jason – February 8, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a dair fan the biggest one there is but i want to know from a chair fan point of view. Why are chuck and blair meant to be togeher? And dont tell me bcuz they are epic and love each other.Bcuz that’s just crap.

Comment by luvi56 – February 8, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are Dair meant to be together? They are nothing alike, have completely different backgrounds, and would get bored of each other very quickly. They made sense as frenemies. As a couple, it’s cringe- worthy in my opinion.

Comment by Marie – February 8, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of COURSE cece is going to die. She is old and ugly and the only sense of reality in the show, hence not desirable for Gossip Girl.

Comment by shizzy – February 8, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s old but definitely not ugly. I mean, seriously? She’s a very attractive older woman.

Comment by Ashley – February 8, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love a scoop on the Killing. Any actually, but especially on Holder!

Comment by Claudia – February 8, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Tony “spoiler,” I suppose… except “the kid in Baltimore” was first mentioned in last season’s “A Man Walks Into A Bar,” the episode that introduced Dr. Rachel Cranston as Kate’s sister.
    People actually thought that “the kid” wasn’t actually a kid? Really?

Comment by Kimber – February 8, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On grimm who’s side is captain renard really on

Comment by mike – February 8, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the Dair kiss is real and not a dream or fantasy sequence, then Blair is kissing Dan for one of two possible reasons:
    1) An act for Louis to get him to divorce her by making a fool of him
    2) A combination of using Dan to piss off Louis and try to distract herself from Chuck.
    Why are Dair fans happy about this? I don’t get it. Blair is still in love with Chuck and married to Louis. If that doesn’t scream rebound I don’t know what does.
    Not buying it. Dan and Blair are never going to be a serious couple.

Comment by Ashley – February 8, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Think Your Hunch about Finchel couldn’t be more wrong, Mr Ausiello, cause Finchel are engadeg, Possible Married by the end of season 3 (Lea already tried a white dress at a Brides Shop)and Lea already said that wherever Rachel is going, Finn will go also “Two for one deal”.

Comment by Sophie – February 8, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First rule of a Ryan Murphy show.. do not trust anything that comes out of the actors or writers mouths. The Glee cast themselves seem to have a great old time trollin’ people

Comment by P – February 9, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lea Never Lied about her glee scoops, especialy when it comes to Finchel. Both her and Cory are fully comitted to their caracters, so i rather believe in there scoops than Ausiello’s!!!

Comment by sophie – February 10, 2012 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BBCA’s Being Human is starting its next season this month. At the end of the last season Mitchell was begging George to stake him, and George did. If I remember correctly, Mitchell turned to dust. So is Mitchell somehow going to come back (it is a scifi show) or are there cast changes?

Comment by Debbie – February 8, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much good scoop! I love Altivia, so I hope this doesn’t mean less screen time for her.
    I like Silver and Navid, but I like him with Adrianna, too. Considering how short-lived the relationships are this season, maybe A and Dixon break up again, and Silver and Adriana rehash that whole silent treatment now that they’re sort of friends again.
    I had no idea that Dair pic was out and although I’m looking forward to the episode now more than ever, I will say that it doesn’t look like Blair’s reciprocating Dan’s feelings. It almost seems like a thank-you kiss or something for show since Dan’s hands are in his pockets.

Comment by em – February 8, 2012 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Fly in when he can?” Ricky Martin will have ONE day off a week during Evita, and they want him to spend 12 hours of those 24 on planes back and forth? Yeah, not gonna happen.

Comment by r0ckmypants – February 8, 2012 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thanks for the GG scoop. i actually don’t really miss ivy for her character. but everything else is so messed up right now, having her back might actually be a relief.
    as for dan and blair….they’re the biggest mistake this show could ever make. still hoping there’s some weird twist, here.

Comment by harum scarum – February 9, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love you Ausello! Dair is flawless flawless flawless! I want to marry you too btw ;)

Comment by Lonelylisa – February 10, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana is awesome in this episode

Comment by J – February 11, 2012 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so im sure all you dair fans will get your way for a minute but then she will crush dan for chuck as she always goes back to her true love, which she has said many many times this year. if she ends up with dan i hope the death that happens is dan..killed by chuck..thats the only way i wont hate myself for watching this show for 5 yrs because of chuck and blairs relationship!!!

Comment by ash – February 11, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic! They were fantastic! Finally. Dan and Blair was the best thing that happened on Gossip Girl. The show has gained new life with them. They are perfect and adorable together. Brazil was a tendency Dan and Blair before and during the whole show. Too bad we are not considered in the American TV audience.
    Just came back to see Gossip Girl for them and I’m very happy. Penn and Leighton are FLawless. Dare to Dair.

Comment by Ma – February 14, 2012 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post