Soaps Dish: Robin Mattson Books GH Homecoming, Joanna Johnson Back to B&B

Keep an eye on your iced tea, residents of General Hospital‘s Port Charles, because Heather Webber (played by Robin Mattsonis coming back to town.

And in another noteworthy daytime-TV homecoming, Joanna Johnson is returning to The Bold and the Beautiful.

Mattson, who originally played the role of Jeff Webber’s off-kilter sweetheart in the early 1980s (and last reprised it in 2004), is due for an encore in late March/early April, per Soap Opera Digest. Her return storyline will involve son Steven (né Steven Lars, played by Scott Reeves).

Soaps Dish: Get Return Dates for Several General Hospital Favorites

Johnson, meanwhile, is bringing Karen Spencer back to the canvas starting March 27, TV Guide Magazine reports — and with a twentysomething daughter in tow. Karen’s never-before-mentioned offspring, to be played by ingenue Linsey Godfrey, is named (grab your Kleenex box) Caroline, after her late aunt, who back in the day was also played by Johnson.

OLTL Alum Hillary B. Smith Previews Her Bold New Soaps Role

A B&B rep did not disclose to TV Guide Magazine who young Caroline’s father is, but did specify that she has no other blood ties in L.A., so she’ll do what B&B characters do best — bop around from love interest to love interest.

Comments (9)

• I saw the Karen/Caroline story at TV Guide and I’m confused. If Caroline is Karen’s daughter wouldn’t she be Bill niece & Liam’s cousin? As far as I know Karen & Bill are full siblings. If that’s the case how could Caroline be available for everybody on the canvas?

Comment by George – February 7, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When they say “everybody”, they just mean the Forresters.
      Theoretically, she could date Thomas, Thorne, Ridge and Eric.

Comment by Snapy – February 7, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that last line-the “B&B Bed Bop is a brand new dance! It involves the same group with no regard for pants!”
    Yeah, that was terrible…
    I’m really excited for Joanna Johnson’s return, though I’m glad she’s done a lot of behind-the-scenes work in her career in the meantime!

Comment by Winnie – February 7, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poster child? I love Arielle but her arcs on CW shows haven’t been nearly substantial enough to warrant that title. The CW reuses actors all the time and if they have a “poster child” it’s someone like Katie Cassidy who’s had developed and interesting arcs on Melrose Place, Supernatural and Gossip Girl.

Comment by Captain – February 7, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SOrry, I wrote this in repsonse to a different article. Don’t know why it posted here.

Comment by Captain – February 7, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRILLIANT!!! I love both actresses! They will definitely bring some much-needed spice to the shows. Thanks for covering the soaps <3 <3

Comment by lipsticksocialism – February 9, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! You are reaching WAY back with the iced tea reference. I was a mere child. I remember she put LSD in the iced tea intended for Diana Taylor to drink it, and then her kid wobbled up to it when no one else was there, and you were led to believe he was gonna be the one who drinks it. That was the Friday cliffhanger. Come Monday, he had merely turned on the lazy susan holding the drinks, rotating them, so Heather ended up dosing herself by accident. I was freaked about it all weekend. It was my very first introduction to a tv cliffhanger. I mean… i was WAYYYY young!

Comment by DT – February 9, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the Heather Webber character. I was in high school and her storylines were some of the best in daytime TV. From selling her son (Steven Lars, a current character on GH) on the black market to sneaking in and out of the sanitarium and hiding the gun in the baby doll head…wow, those plots back then were so much more involved and some real storytelling. I can’t wait to see her back on the show.

Comment by Rob – February 16, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post