TVLine Items: Boss Hires Jonathan Groff, Justified and Gossip Girl Casting News and More!

Jonathan Groff is about to raise some Kane on the second season of Starz’s Boss.

The Glee grad joins the cast of the political drama as Ian Todd, an ambitious new member of crooked Mayor Kane’s office, per Deadline. The character will help fill the void left by Martin Donovan’s Ezra Stone.

As TVLine first reported, Nip/Tuck alumna Sanaa Lathan will also join Season 2 as Alderman Ross’ new Chief of Staff — and Kane’s new obsession.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Justified screeners continue to serve up casting scoops even to us spoilerholics. In Episode 5 of the FX drama (airing Feb. 14), Psych fans can count on seeing Maggie Lawson play a nurse who might have vital information to share with Raylan. But is she a naughty nurse when it comes to the ruggedly handsome U.S. Marshall? We report, you decide. Episode 6, meanwhile, finds Lost‘s William Mapother continuing his streak as the perpetual creepster, playing an Oxy-addicted, woman-beating bar owner.

• One Life to Live alum David Gregory (ex-Ford) took to Facebook Monday to announce his latest gig: a guest spot on Gossip Girl. The soap star will play a friend of the real Charlotte Rhodes, aka Lola. Gregory joins a long list of former OLTL stars to drop by the CW series, including Bree Williamson (ex-Jessica), Melissa Fumero (ex-Adriana), Tika Sumpter (ex-Layla) and Amanda Setton (ex-Kim).

The X Factor Shakeup: 5 Ways — and 3 Cast Changes — to Save the Show in Season 2

L.A. Reid will officially return to judge future X Factor contestants on the Fox reality show’s seriously revamped second season, Deadline reports.

All My Children vet Thorsten Kaye (ex-Zach) has booked a recurring role on NBC’s new musical drama Smash, ABC Soaps in Depth confirms. Kaye will make his first appearance in the debut season’s sixth episode playing Anjelica Huston’s love interest.

Terry O’Quinn has landed a two-episode arc on TNT’s alien invasion drama Falling Skies, EW.com reports. The Lost fave will play the former mentor to Noah Wyle’s character.

The Modern Family gang may be headed to Disneyland for their next big outing. Per TV Guide Magazine, the ABC “hitcom” is eying the famed Southern California destination for some fun during May sweeps.

NBC’s Smash: Your Guide to Who’s Who (Including a Few Scoopy ‘Notes’)

24/Will & Grace alum Michael Angarano has nabbed the lead role in Nick Stoller’s comedy pilot for CBS, per Deadline. The actor will play a commitment phobe who breaks off his engagement but must continue to work with his now ex-fiancée.

Fox has picked up Rebounding, a comedy pilot from Modern Family creator Steve Levitan and former Just Shoot Me editors Joe Port and Joe Wiseman. The potential series centers on a man recovering from the death of his fiancée with a little help from his basketball league.

TLC has given the green light to Southie Pride, a docu-series from Jersey Shore creator SallyAnn Salsano which follows the lives of five working-class women in Boston.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Joe Bua says:

An ABC sitcom goes to Disneyland? Wow, who’da thunk it?

• David says:

They only live about a half hour away so I think it would be strange to not bring lily or Luke and manny there.

• Mark says:

Agreed. It’s not like when all the TGIF shows went to Disney World (Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Step by Step, Sabrina the Teenage Witch), although those episodes were all fantastic.

• Dash says:

I’m pretty sure back in the day it was like contractual obligation for ABC shows to go to Disney Land. I remember Roseanne talking about it once and that’s why their show did a couple of Disney Land episodes. I remember being a kid during that era and thinking I was the only kid in America that didn’t get to go to Disney Land.

2. Mark says:

Isn’t Jonathan Groff going to be on Smash? I thought I remember having read that.
    I like Michael Angarano. He was good in Sky High.

3. celita says:

My dear Jon on my tv every week… best day ever! and I won’t have to endure Glee just for him when this season ends! #FreeJesse!

4. Captain says:

Tika Sumpter (Raina Thorpe) was also on Gossip Girl and she had a much bigger role than Melissa Fumero.

5. Tay says:

Awesome Psych’s Maggie Lawson is finally being recognized.

• Jim says:

Maggie Lawson this week, William Mapother next week, is Justified going to have an actual Kentuckian actor play a villain every week? I think George Clooney would make a good “bad” cowboy to draw on Raylan. And Johnny Depp could play any drug dealer you would ever need. I could see Lee Majors as a long lost Uncle/ ne’er do well.

6. rod says:

damn! Jonathan Groff is gonna make me watch Boss ewww..

7. kirads09 says:

I love Falling Skies in the first place. Terry O’Quinn is getting some good screen time on various shows which is just fine by me! :) Hope this doesn’t mean anything permenantly bad will be happening to his character on Hawaii Five 0!
    Heh – I would love to seem Terry show up on POI. He and Emmerson head to head is intense!

8. NCSouthernBelle says:

I didn’t give a hoot about Smash until reading Thorsten Kaye would be on it! I love him! Sooooo hot. I’ve been dying for a Zach Slater fix.

9. Danielle h says:

Does every city and subculture in the USA need a show? I think not. Next you’ll have Huntington, WV/ Ashland, KY (where I live) on a show .. how scary would that be. I think the line needs to be drawn.

10. gillian says:

I love love love Jon Groff, always happy to see more of him!

11. Nicole says:

JGroff charms the pants off of everyone who gets to watch him preform.
    It’s about time hollywood began utilizing him.

12. Michael says:

I am so excited for Jonathan, i went to high school with him and to see him succeed is awesome. I really wish i had Starz so i could watch the show.

13. Amy Leigh says:

So happy for Jon Groff! He’s still going to be on Glee this season right? I need my Jesse St. James fix on that damn show to make this excruciatingly bad season worth it.