The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: The Broke Girls get dirty, Smash‘s premiere promos finally come to an end, another Fabulous special airs and more. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 shows you may want to keep on your radar.

House Preview: Jeffrey Wright Talks ‘Challenging’ Role and Going Toe-to-Toe with Hugh Laurie

8 pm The Voice (NBC) | Regular time slot premiere: The blind auditions continue.

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | The Liars get answers to their burning questions on Rosewood High’s “Truth-Up Day” — and surprisingly, none of them seem to be about “A.”

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Lily and Marshall throw a housewarming party, where Ted nearly comes to blows with Marshall’s boss and Barney hits on a crazy divorcee.

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Max and Caroline must prove their cleaning skills to Sophie (guest star Jennifer Coolidge) in order to be hired for her maid service.

Gossip Girl Exclusive First Look: Dan and Blair Take Flight (or Do They?) in Episode 101!

Alcatraz Exclusive First Look: Tonight, True Blood’s Hoyt Goes Bad… Real Bad!

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | Zoe skips out on the annual Sweetie Pie Dance, deciding it is too soon to go with Judson, while Lemon tries to make Brick forget about her mother by getting him a date to the dance; George misplaces the “save the date” notices for his upcoming wedding, causes major trouble in Lemon paradise.

9 pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) | Walden tries to loosen up Zoey by sharing a couple of Berta’s special brownies.

Castle Creator Shares Insipration for Tonight’s Noir Episode, Teases ‘Great Moments’ Ahead

10 pm Smash (NBC) | Series premiere (perhaps you’ve heard about it?): Two ingenues (played by American Idol‘s Katharine McPhee and Broadway alum Megan Hilty) vie for the lead role in a stage musical about Marilyn Monroe. Read our First Impression, get answers to 10 Burning Questions and check out our Guide to Who’s Who.

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 | A dirty cop from Danno’s past comes to the island to exact revenge on Danno and his family for ruining his life, forcing the Five-0 to find a way to help their teammate.

10 pm Lost Girl (Syfy) | Bo faces the wrath of a fury scorned while dealingw ith rejection from Dyson.

10:30 pm Absolutely Fabulous (Logo) | Patsy becomes involved with a sex scandal; Eddy goes to the hospital. Spice Girl Emma Bunton guest-stars.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? Also, hit the Comments to politely offer tune-in suggestions of your own.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Lynn says:

No Gossip Girl???? I am dying for the next episode after last week’s exciting 100th episode. Can’t wait to find out what happens with Chuck/Blair/Dan/Serena!!!!

2. Sue says:

Ooooh fun Monday for me….Alcatraz, Hart of Dixie, Hawaii 5-0 and my lovely Castle…I was going to give Smash a go but I am sorry to say, I am sick of it already…All the promo’s have driven me crazy…Sorry NBC…I feel like they are trying to shove it down my throat….

3. kirads09 says:

While I have sworn off it for quite some time, I may have to actually watch House tonight. It is very seldom he has to answer seriously for the stuff he pulls.
    Must see: Alcatraz
    Also watch: Hawaii Five 0 (as long as there is no more really bad attempts at product placement!)
    DVR: The Castle Noir episode.
    Guilty pleasure: DVR Lizard Lick Towing
    Catch up with Pawn Stars On Demand on a slow night or weekend.

4. Little Scarf Girl says:

Watching HIMYM live, and then probably tuning into The Lying Game. Will most-likely be DVRing House (even though I haven’t watched it in ages), Alcatraz, and Castle.

5. Jessica says:

Been waiting for this Castle episode, so definitely watching that tonight!
    As an aside, I think more shows should do special noir episodes. What can I say? I’m a sucker for noir stuff. In fact, even a “Spoiler Alert” episode where you guys wear trench coats and fedoras – and, in general, behave in a “noir” manner – would be AMAZING.

6. Clari says:

WHERE IS CASTLE?? it’s a MUST tonigh!!!!!!

7. Morgan says:

How I Met Your Mother and Castle, record Smash for sometime later in the week

8. Bella says:

Alcatraz at 9, Castle at 10, DVRing Smash. And like others, I’m kind of shocked you didn’t include Castle in this list, as this episode in particular has been talked about for weeks on this site.

• If you people really read this feature every week then you would remember that the hyperlinks in blue that are riddled throughout the lineup are also part of the list. (i.e. House, Gossip Girl, Alcatraz, Castle)

• Mike says:

True…of course, now that I know about the “secret blue links” that seem to fade into the background of the otherwise time-formatted post, I love to read the comments just to see people complaining about the shows in the links not being covered. Clearly, the format isn’t working very well if people are missing them every day!

9. Sims says:

Gossip Girl? Or are you so over writing about it with all the 100 episode hoopla?

10. MoxieSue says:

No love for Castle?

11. Ruth says:

I feel exactly the same way. So turned off by the over promotion!

12. Brandy says:

Pll, lying game, gossip girl, hart of dixie, 2 broke girls. Saw smash on demand already &will be watching regularly.

13. Kendal says:

Gossip Girl, HIMYM and Pretty Little Liars this evening. Seen Ab Fab and I really don’t care for Smash – any show that gets that much hype is a no-go for me.

14. Marcus says:

I’ll be watching Pretty Little Liars, Hart of Dixie, and Castle. I already saw episode 1 of Smash, but I’m definitely going to be adding that to my Monday nights.

15. Melanie says:

Really? No Castle on this list? You are a disappointment.

16. sandydc says:

That AbFab is a rerun from more than 10 years ago.

17. kevin says:

THE VOICE and HAWAII FIVE-O are now part of my Monday night fix.

18. This is a rough one! I will be watching House, DVRing 2 Broke Girls. Catching Voice on demand (only because it is two hours and DVR is already full for the 9pm hour)/ Watching Hart of Dixie, DVRing Alcatraz and sadly catching Mike & Molly online. Hoyt on Alcatraz is the only reason it didn’t get the online spot. Probably going to try Smash at 10…we’ll see.
    P.S. If I am not mistaken M&M have been very absent from the Worth Watching lists when they are new lately, why no love?

19. Sue says:

House Alcatraz gossip girl and smash unfortunately I’ll have to skip the voice

20. Velvet says:

Hart of Dixie
    Being Human
    Lost Girl

21. Velvet says:

Alyse Whitney: You forgot “Castle”.

22. Emily says:

So many good shows on tonight! Will be watching PLL, HIMYM, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, Alcatraz and The Voice.

23. Rachael says:

Umm … why is every 10pm show listed on here EXCEPT Castle?? It is new tonight.

• Rachael says:

Nevermind I see how it works now, with the links. It is confusing though … I think it could easily be fixed by listing the links slightly differently. i.e. change it from this:
      to this:
      10 pm Castle (ABC) | Creator Shares Insipration for Tonight’s Noir Episode, Teases ‘Great Moments’ Ahead
      (and maybe left justify it like the other shows).

• Tee says:

Yeah I agree – I always tend to unintentionally look over the links because I’m looking for shows in the time slot format. Plus it seems like every week numerous people miss those links.

• Rachael says:

Yeah totally, because on most websites they tend to throw in links throughout a story that link to other articles that may be related, but are not actually PART of the article. So my eyes are just so used to skipping past those links when I read articles on the web.

• Little Scarf Girl says:

I agree. It would be much more uniform, and would prevent people from missing the fact that the show is on at all.

24. Justin says:

I’ll be watching Alcatraz, House, Being Human, Lost Girl, 2 Broke Girls, and Hawaii 5-0 tonight. Busy Monday for me!

25. Brendan says:

What’s the over/under on how long until readers stop claiming shows are missing when they’re included as links to feature articles instead of short blurbs? They’ve been doing it this way for a long time, and almost every day someone erroneously complains about a show being missing, and almost every day they’re corrected. Eventually people have to figure it out, right?…

26. Paula says:

I’m excited to see how Smash does. I’ve seen the pilot twice and it’s fantastic.

27. Ellen says:

Mondaynight = Hart of Dixie night! Love this show.

28. mplsbill says:

Finally a thread that talks about Lost Girl! I was beginning to think I was the only person watching! I know its a Canadian scifi show, it’s really in season 2 in Canada, and is a really nice change from the new reality shows on syfy! I’m so hungry for scifi/genre programming that I’m not sure if this is a good show, or just finally a show that fits in the genre and I’m at the point where I’d watch almost anything new that is scifi and not reality based! What do you guys think about Lost Girl?

29. Rachael says:

Nevermind my last comment, I’m seeing how this works – if you have a separate article specifically about tonight’s episode of any particular show then you just link to it on this article rather than listing a blurb for it here (hence Castle and a few others not being on your list here). It’s a little confusing though!

30. Richard says:

RuPaul’s Drag Race, I rearrange all the other’s around it.

• Winnie says:

I wish RuPaul’s Drag Race got more love here, and hope Slezak or aomeone else starts recapping it again.
      I look forward to RuPaul’s Drag Race every week, and with tonight’s House, new AbFab, and what will be my first time watching Castle (and I’m giving Smash a chance), I am really looking forward to tonight/this week’s sweeps episodes.

31. RUCookie says:

Why, oh why, did NBC schedule Smash for Monday 10pm? There are so many other dead TV times… instead, they schedule against Castle and Hawaii Five-0. My DVR can’t do 3 shows. Ridiculous!
    Monday is my dvr’s biggest day –
    8pm – nothing!!! (guess I will listen to the Voice)
    9 pm Hart of Dixie & Alcatraz
    10 pm Castle & Hawaii
    late night repeat of Lost Girl

32. Holly says:

I’ll be watching Hart of Dixie!!

33. l says:

Cbs tonite for me. I don’t wanna watch smash any more cause I am sick of all the promos I saw

• Jaye says:

I feel the same. NBC has beat us almost to the point of death with Smash promos, so I no longer have any desire to watch it.

34. Tee says:

I’ll watch or dvr: HIMYM, Lying Game, Hart of Dixie, Castle, and Lost Girl.

35. Sue J says:

I’ll be watching The Voice and then Smash, taping Castle. I’m really looking forward to Smash even though I kind of agree with those who said it’s been over-promoted.

36. Bad Breaker says:

You forgot Being Human. I have to admit that I dvr almost all of my shows so I can ff through all those commercials. I’m sure advertisers hate people like me. I’ll watch HBO or Showtime shows live but the others I record.

37. Mari says:

CASTLE for me. I’m so excited about the ’40s episode!

38. Liz says:

WATCH: Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, and Castle
    DVR: Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, and Hawaii Five-0
    ONLINE or ON DEMAND: How I Met Your Mother and Smash
    Crazy busy night. I wish some of these could be on different nights of the week.

39. Steve says:

AB FAB!!! NEW show tonight.The second new episode out of three.God, I love that show.Sweetie darling!
    I’ll watch Being Human— DVR or On-Demand Alcatraz. Not sure I want to continue.Will see if it goes down the Lost path.I quit watching Lost after the “tale section people” showed up.First the “others”, then this.. I was begining to believe I was watching Gilligan’s Island. You know the deserted island that happens to have people show up out of nowwhere all the time…on a deserted island.I was waiting for the Harlem Globetrotters to show up Or the big Kahuna (the surfer guy)…lol

40. Diana says:

The Voice and Smash!!!!!!!
    I will dvr Castle and watch it at 11 .

41. juan says:

PLL, Lying Game (which both have been awesome this season), Castle, Being Human, Lost Girl(which is really fun), and already saw the pilot for smash and thought it was great, will be watching every week.

42. Amber says:

Okay, I guess I’m out of the loop with AbFab as I’ve never heard of the Logo network and I’m not even sure my cable package carries it, but what’s going on with AbFab? This is the second time I’ve heard of them airing something in the last month or so. Do they have a new season out? I kind of assumed the last one that aired was just a reunion episode and we wouldn’t be seeing those hilarious ladies for another 20 years or so.

43. Alyssa says: