Pilot Scoop: Chi McBride Uncovers Familiar Role in CBS' Golden Boy

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots

Chi McBride is plotting a full-time return to TV with a role that’s right in his wheelhouse.

TV’s go-to gumshoe (Pushing Daisies, Human Target, etc.) has joined CBS’ Greg Berlanti-produced drama pilot Golden Boy as, you guessed it, a gruff detective.

Review Our Ongoing List of This Season’s Pilots for ABCCBSThe CWFox and NBC

The potential series, penned by NYPD Blue vet Nicholas Wootton, tracks one cop’s meteoric rise from officer to detective to Police Commissioner. McBride would play Owen, the title character’s jaded partner.

Comments (14)

• Once again the black person is not the lead.

Comment by rb – February 6, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How do you know? There was no mention of who IS playing the lead in the description.

Comment by baj24 – February 6, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because then there would be TWO black leads. Obviously not possible.

Comment by entwashian – February 8, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a Berlanti show; it will suck anyway. Too bad, love Chi.

Comment by Mark – February 6, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A brainless crime procedural on CBS? How utterly delightful and unexpected!

Comment by Kyle – February 6, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s my 3rd favorite letter of the Greek alphabet.

Comment by CJ – February 6, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good to have him back, though I’ll always wish we would have gotten to see more of Emerson Cod.

Comment by Beth – February 6, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping the familiar role was as a HS principal :(

Comment by Mark – February 6, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah too bad he’s not the lead. Anyway, great, friendly guy. Had the pleasure to meet him at a Human Target autograph signing. He told me that of the nearly 10 shows he’d been a series regular on, some of them lasting a long time (I figured he meant Boston Public), Pushing Daisies is the one he misses most

Comment by Ryan – February 6, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chi Mcbride is an awesome actor and I hope this series works! He is great in everything that he does. Boston Public was certainly his best role and he honestly deserves a full series with him as the star.

Comment by David – February 7, 2012 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad he’s getting another show, but I sure miss Human Target.

Comment by Bella – February 7, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He will always be Emerson Cod to me. Should have won an emmy for that show. Man I still miss Pushing Daisies :(

Comment by Matthew Thomas – February 7, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw this show, bring back Human Target!! Loved that show so much :(.

Comment by EveatEden – February 7, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he does well as I have liked him in all he has done. I do really miss Human Target. I do not like Mark Valley as Oliver in Harry’s Law. Loved him as Chance.

Comment by chistosa – February 7, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post