Exclusive: Boss Elects Sanaa Lathan For Major Season 2 Role

Kelsey Grammer’s crooked mayor on Boss has a new obsession: Sanaa Lathan.

The Love & Basketball actress is joining the second season of Starz’ political drama in the recurring role of Mona, Alderman Ross’ formidable Chief of Staff with whom Grammer’s Tom Kane becomes fixated on.

Lathan’s TV credits include a regular gig on The Cleveland Show and an arc on Nip/Tuck as the much younger wife of Larry Hagman’s Texas businessman.

Boss‘ second season kicks off later this year.

Comments (19)

• Glad for her! She’s an under-rated actress who deserves to get a good, juicy role.

Comment by joseph – February 5, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve heard of Sanaa Lathan, but haven’t seen anything she’s been in. Judging from that picture, though, they totally drew her Cleveland Show character to look like her

Comment by CJ – February 5, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sanaa Lathan’s films (just a few off the top of my head) Blade (played Wesley Snipes mother), The Wood, The Best Man, Something New, Predator III. Go to IMDB.com to look at her filmography, great actress, underrated for sure.

Comment by JB – February 9, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for her

Comment by fan – February 6, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its nice to see an accomplished actor like miss lathan spead her acting skills. After seeing her in Something New,Predator3 and voicingThe Cleveland Show,she wont dissapoint.

Comment by john bailey – February 25, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congradulations ! Your one of my favorite female actress

Comment by Raushand – February 6, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I soo love Sanaa!!! Kudos to u <3

Comment by Cher – February 6, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go Sanaa!

Comment by michelle t. – February 6, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are an awesome versital actress!!! If you don’t mind me saying, I’m so very proud of you!!! I will be watching!

Comment by Lynn – February 6, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great for Sanaa,you are an actress who definitly makes a movie better.

Comment by Terrence – February 6, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very proud of you Sanaa! Congrats on your new job.

Comment by Roshunda J – February 6, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am happpppppy for you!

Comment by Donna – February 6, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congradulations,I’m happy for you. I love all movies.You are very beautiful.

Comment by Sonji Shehee – February 6, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for u, love u as an actress, hope u become the break out star of that series

Comment by Maggie – February 7, 2012 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seen most of her movies, great actress on her way 2 the oscars excellent sanaa congrats 2 u

Comment by denise ross – February 7, 2012 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait she is one my favorite actress…..

Comment by Lisa – February 7, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty & talent, Um!!

Comment by ErnestoZ. – April 29, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sanaa has to be the most gorgeous actress working today!

Comment by Fred – May 8, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congradulations Sanaa! Seems like everybody forgot about the movie Brown Sugar! The best movie ever i think! I’m proud of u becuz ur a Black Woman thats leading the way for other Black Woman. Keep up the good Work and Continue to keep God first.

Comment by Necomi Hash – June 18, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post