Pilot Scoop: JoAnna Garcia Cast in Greg Berlanti's CBS Romantic Comedy

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

JoAnna Garcia (Better With You, Privileged) has been tapped to star in Greg Berlanti and Greg Malins’ untitled comedy pilot for CBS, our sister site Deadline reports.

Scoop: USA Network Greenlights Political Miniseries From Brothers & Sisters‘ Greg Berlanti

Garcia will play Wendy, the best friend and long-time business partner to the series’ central lead, Nick. After having a health scare, Nick realizes Wendy is The One and must figure out how to break the news to her. (Shades of her perfect girl next door character on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother, yeah?)

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

The project reunites Garcia with Malins, the executive producer/co-showrunner behind her last TV foray, the ABC comedy Better With You.

Comments (15)

• I love her. I wonder who the male lead will be. I still wish Privileged lasted longer than the single season.

Comment by Jessica – February 4, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I loved Privileged. And I will for sure check out this new comedy, JoAnna rocks.

Comment by Gusar – February 4, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Privileged and really enjoy Joanna. Hope this one comes to fruition, but didn’t she have some sort development deal with ABC? I figured her next show would be on that channel again.

Comment by Kelly – February 4, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Highly appealing actress; it’s a shame neither of her post-Reba projects lasted beyond one season. I loved Privileged and Better with You, while not always spot-on week-to-week, definitely had it’s charms(not the least of which was Jake Lacy; great chemistry between him and Garcia-can someone give that hottie a new gig already?).

Comment by ChrisGa – February 4, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i love her, she’ll always be cheyenne from reba to me. too bad i quit watching gossip girl before she came on.

Comment by lorna – February 5, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is so lovely!

Comment by July – February 4, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both Privileged and Better With You were robbed. I hope this one gets picked up for a series and that it does well.

Comment by Liz – February 4, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Better With You was a traditional multi-camera sitcom sandwiched between single-camera sitcoms, that’s why it didn’t make it. Well, it’s not necessarily the only reason, but I believe it definitely contributed.

Comment by Gusar – February 4, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Privileged as well but I have to say its ok it didnt llast because Lucy Hale is perfect as Aria on Pretty Little Liars but I love Joanna and hope this series works for her.

Comment by fernando – February 4, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • kind of agree, i think lucy look about 14 so i cant take her too seriously but i do like her on PLL.

Comment by lorna – February 5, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Tyler Labine for the male lead. He always stole the show in Reaper and Mad Love. Plus they both bring a lot of laughter and heart to their shows so I think they’d work well together.

Comment by Megs – February 4, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • better with you could have been paired with last man standing this season!!!!! i hate ABC, they cancel better with you but greenlight work it??

Comment by ed – February 4, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought she was already hired for a comedy in ABC, that’s weird but I love her anyway I still miss privileged

Comment by Juan – February 4, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn. I guess she won’t be on Reba’s sitcom :(

Comment by Mark – February 4, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is such an incredibly likeable actress (and person in general). I hope it works out. And it films in NY so she can see her baseball hubby more often!

Comment by Deena – February 4, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post