Vampire Diaries First Look: An Original Battle

The Originals are back in action on The Vampire Diaries, and we’ve got a first look at the vamps (including handsome newbie Kol) stirring up trouble in the Feb. 16 episode.

Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Romance and Roughhousing Break Out at Mystic Falls Ball

Although the power struggle amongst the long-living brood continues to intensify, Rebekah, Elijah and Kol appear very much at peace in the following photo gallery. Perhaps the battle is lining up as Team Vamps vs. Team Hybrid & Witch (aka Klaus and their mother Esther)?
Caught in the middle, as always, are those poor Bennett witches — namely Bonnie (seen here sharing a moment with Stefan). Has she had enough? Or is she still trying help him out for the sake of her friend Elena?
Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Dominique says:

Hvaing all the Originals there at the end of the episode was just so awesome. Wish Finn would’ve been featured in these pictures as well, but oh well, hopefully we’ll see him in the episode.

• Liz says:

Me too. I want to know whether or not he gets a haircut like Elijah did. His hair was far worse upon waking than Elijah’s hair was. I also can’t wait to see the general 900 year makeover.

• Molly says:

I sure hope so. he does NOT look good with that haircut. and standards to be hot are set reeeeeeeally high on TVD!

• Ava says:

Finn has been in that coffin almost 1000 years. Let’s cut him some slack. He was probably the picture of hotness back then. I’m sure they’ll smarten him up a bit before the big welcome back party.

• Sally says:

Agreed, those last ten minutes were pretty awesome. Wish it would have happened earlier in the season though, cause this season really does not live up to the previous two so far.

• Marie says:

Really ? I think this season’s the best one :)

• Sally says:

I find this season really slow compared to the first two. The storylines have been filler so far (eg. Jeremy and ghosts). And the ones that do pertain to the Originals storylines (eg. Bonnie and her mother) have been extremely dull. Nobody is doing anything interesting. Everything could have been condensed into half the number of episodes. I just miss saying “SH*T JUST GOT REAL” every episode like I did in the first two seasons. Every episode was jam packed with action and story developments. This season, not at all.

• Dash says:

We don’t know that these are just filler episodes though. Try rewatching the first two seasons, there were definitely some stretches of episodes that were excruciatingly slow and seemed to have nothing to do with the overarching storyline (Rose?) but at the end everything had a reason and a purpose. You can’t judge a season midway through, it’d like looking at a painting when it’s halfway done and declaring it awful.

2. Ian says:

I love how Rebekah is always walking around in gowns and such, lol. But these stills of her are gorgeous.
    My interest in Bonnie’s story and her growth as a witch and as a woman needs more gratification though. I wonder if she’ll be taken under Esther’s wing somehow, or if they’ll be enemies and if she has to potential to be more powerful.

3. Ray says:

Welcome back Rebekah! Love that vamp. I’m scared she will get killed quickly like my last favorite Vicki. I heard that a lot of fans like her and want to keep her around. Do I have support? Would love to hear feedback from other fans. Btw, I agree. I hope the original family storyline is as good as the last 10 minutes were. Almost makes me wish they would have not killed Michael now.

• Danielle H says:

I kind of am in awe that Michael was killed so fast. I feel it could have been drawn out to give more story to it all. I’m like WTF over the mother being alive.. was Klaus lying on top of lying the whole time or did he really truely know she was in the coffin?
      The writers managed to change the game, yet again. Not really sure where this is all going to end up at the end of the season, but can’t wait for more, especially next week’s ball w/ Caroline and Elena and the boys.

• S says:

I am a huge fan of Rebekah as well and I do hope she sticks around (but then again I love all of the Originals). I want to see some more Elijah and Rebekah scenes because he is my favorite Original, and I feel like they could efficiently take down Klaus because they were both betrayed by Klaus more than once.

• Captain says:

If they keep any of the Originals I pray it’s Rebekah. She’s the best one. They need to make her a regular stat.

4. Bad Breaker says:

I would be happy if the CW created a spinoff: The Originals. There’s so much they could do with Klaus and family and their history.

5. Senetor says:

am loving the season bt nt like de atha two seasons…..No much action…..its like am watching a documentary….one killed n kamz bk alive is nt action,its de boring ever..i know i ve said boring enough tyme bt its true…wen Elijah kam last season he asked wat did i miss? i thought nxt epsd KIILER bt it repeats again at the end of tis season its the best part….WTF! is that! Put an episode full pack….Rem warewolf vs Vampires? Nao thats action nt dis crap!……Diamond said he is going to rethink his filin on elena…cn he do dat nao! we nid samtin to glue us on tv….COMMMOOON! NKT!

• Charpa says:

• Serena says:

I’ll try to translate because I’m bored. But I must say I’m ashamed of my generation, seriously? Your teachers let you write essays like that?
        “I’m loving the season but not like the other two seasons. Not much action. It’s like I’m watching a documentary, one getting killed and coming back to life is not action, it’s boring. I know I’ve said boring enough times but it’s true. When Elijah came last season he asked ‘What did I miss?’, I thought the next episode would be killer but it’s repeats again and the end of the season has the best part. WTF is that?! Put an episode full pack [AN: I do not understand what this sentence means.]
        Remember werewolves versus vampires? Now, that’s action! Not this crap.
        Damon said he is going to rethink his feelings for Elena. Can he do that now? We need something to glue us to the TV. COME ON! NKT! [AN: No idea what that stands for.]”

6. Max says:

I just hope that they keep Elijah longer around this time, killing him off again would be pretty dull (expecially since he’s been killed off four times in the last two years…)

7. Si says:

I felt sorry for Klaus, he is always my favourite guy in TVD and can’t be but aside by his brothers and sister! He is so damaged, so focused on revenge, violence, power, but he is still part of the family. Let’s see what’s gonna happen now that mom is around!!!!! I loved 03X13! A wonderful and intense episode. Poor Caroline, poor Alaric, poor Bonnie, poor Stefan who still loves Elena… And Matt is the sweetest friend ever, I really like him! And, Elijah, welcome back, baby! ;)

8. rachelle says:

am I the only one who thinks The Originals should have their own spinoff??? I kinda like Klaus too much to see him actually die and all I was thinking at the end of the last episode was “damn, those Originals are bada**! they need their own show!”

• Bad Breaker says:

Nope, you’re not alone (see my earlier post above). I think the originals should move to a large city and then explore their pasts in depth. There’s plenty of action in Mystic Falls to keep the others busy and exciting.

9. rebecca says:

I love Elijah to he’s my fave.. I was so pumped for this ep and it was good but expected more when the mother walked in all those years locked away think I would of gave Klaus a slap at …Rebekah rocks gunna get better now the whole fams awake…yeah an originals spin off be cool…I loveee Stefan to him and Elena need to be back together…

10. Pelle says:

Man this show is so great!! I haven’t seen such a good storyline in a long while, And what’s good about this is that they can execute the storyline so well!!!! :)

11. june richards says:

I like all of the seasons vampire diaries is one of my favorite shows keep up the good work.

12. potates says:

Just marathon watched the first two seasons of VD and they drink a glass of scotch in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, should have named it the Drunk Diaries instead

• Little Scarf Girl says:

A lot of shows have their characters drink in every episode. Look at How I Met Your Mother! Besides which, alcohol is supposed to take the edge off blood-craving for vampires. Doesn’t mean everyone’s just getting drunk.

13. sarah says:

I love this show. Every episode is phenomenal! It is one of the best on tv and this season is just as good as the first two!!!
    Kol is hot!! Another hot guy to watch to my favorite show!! PERFECT!
    I can see Stefan, Damon, Kol, Finn, Rebekah and Elijah all teaming up to take down Klaus and Esther, that would be a good story!
    4 days and counting!!!

14. pearly says:

am i the only one that thinks damon got a bum rap and would love to see him get a chance with elana. he’s sooooo sexy and romantically tender with elana. with that and his cool wittyness with her, they seem to make for a more interesting relationship.

15. Murjah says:

Woow!its lovely and amazing..