Grey's Anatomy Hot Shots: [Spoiler] Turns Violent

Adele’s deteriorating battle with Alzheimer’s is about to turn violent on Grey’s Anatomy‘s, and we’ve got a first look at her latest breakdown.

Grey’s Anatomy‘s Alternate Reality Check: What Were Your Favorite Moments?

In the drama’s Feb. 23 episode (ABC, 9/8c), Adele becomes so angry at her caregiver(s) that she weaponizes her glassware, injuring Richard in the process. The disturbing episode forces Seattle Grace’s ex-chief to seriously consider a new living situation for his ailing wife.
Meanwhile, Lexie gives peds a try and assists Arizona and Alex in trying to save the life of intern Morgan’s (Amanda Fuller) premature son.
Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (26)

• According to fansite Summer Glau Wiki, this is the episode where Summer glau guest stars but i see no mention of her on the synopsis and no preview picture of her.
    What’s the poitn of hiring a high profile guest star like Summer Glau if it’s not to give her a decent screentime.

Comment by chrisdvanne – February 3, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know if people outside of the SF community consider Summer Glau ‘high profile’ guest star. Pretty much all of her notieriety comes from cult shows like Firefly, T:SCC, 4400, a Chuck episode, etc and unfortunately being recognizable in that genre doesn’t really mean you’ll get top billing in a prime-time soap with a huge audience that’s on a major network.
      Plus just because this synopsis doesn’t mention her doesn’t mean she has a crap role.

Comment by matt – February 3, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey, born & raised SF Bay Area and the only thing I’ve ever seen her in was an episode of The Big Bang Theory and she played herself and we weren’t too impressed.
        But Alzheimer’s? I use to LOVE Grey’s, but it has been going down for a while and has lost a lot of what it had going for it. But seriously, so both of the women that “the chief” ever loved develop Alzheimers?? Shonda and company stopped trying years ago.

Comment by kathy – February 3, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • with all the things that greys gets wrong, this storyline is one that they got right. personally, i believe it is one of the most storylines ever as well. You win an emmy for a reason, and Loretta Devine’s work as Adele on this Alzheimers storyline is beyond deserving.

Comment by ameliass – February 3, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think SF was meant to mean “science fiction”

Comment by the girl – February 3, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • HAHAHAHA I hope they were being sarcastic.

Comment by matt – February 4, 2012 09:17 PM PDT
          • Actually I thought the same thing because that’s where I’m from too… But then was like oh they mean Sci-Fi lol

Comment by jazzyt2u – February 5, 2012 09:55 PM PDT
        • So what if it were cancer or diabetes or another disease. Would it be possible for Richard to have loved two women with cancer? Or does this particular illness seem far fetched to you?

Comment by Tiny – February 4, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s an awful actress and a show killer. Advertising her presence heavily would probably result in a series low.

Comment by Rita – February 3, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, not in this reality.

Comment by Tarc – February 3, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually…that’s Stacy Keibler. Every show she has had a recurring role on has ultimately been canceled. We call her Kiss of Death Keibler

Comment by Michelle – February 6, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No reason to put spoiler when you have the picture there.

Comment by Mark – February 3, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, I have nothing to add to this post since I don’t watch the shower, I just found it hilarious that they’re like black out the person’s name as a spoiler, then immediately underneath that show a picture of her AND describe who it is in the first line of the teaser paragraph… HAHAHA. So pointless.

Comment by matt – February 3, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Additional note: I should proofread my posts before I submit them… “show” not “shower” “they’re like” should be “they”

Comment by matt – February 3, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My 52 year old mother has dementia and so far she’s punched me, shoved me, and slapped me. So it’s true to life.

Comment by Amber – February 3, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find this whole storyline so heartbreaking. I even sobbed a little at the beginning of the AU episode when Richard found her in the kitchen. It’s so beautifully done, and so real… This performance by Loretta is something that more than definitely deserves ‘all the awards’. I’d vote if you didn’t cry in that scene where Richard and Adele sing Funny Valentine, you’re never going to need cardiac surgery because you haven’t got a heart.

Comment by h – February 3, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Adele. She’s one of my favorite characters. It’s sad to see her go through this but unfortunately Alzheimer’s is a way of life for many of us. Loretta Devine is an amazing actress. I cringed during the Funny Valentine scene last week but as I reflected later on the singing, it was quite moving.

Comment by Danielle – February 3, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • such a moving storyline, that has classic greys tragedy written all over it…i never have enough tissues when Loretta Devine makes an appearance.

Comment by amberjj – February 3, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is a really moving storyline. It’s interesting the parallel between Ellis and Adele.. both eventually got the same degenerative disease, and poor Richard just has to suffer along with them. This storyline makes you want to reach through the screen and just hug them and tell them it’s going to be ok. Great writing.

Comment by Danielle H – February 3, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For people who comment they don’t watch the show why comment at all oh that’s right you still read the blogs to find out what’s happening.
    This SL is so true to what happen’s in the real world of people suffering with dementia. They are obviously going to have Adele play out an aggressive form which is heartbreaking, sad and difficult on families. If you don’t understand you must never have walked in the world or shoes of someone with this terrible disease. I have seen it first hand working as a nurse have been bitten, slapped, had my hair pulled, eye’s poked at, sworn at, pushed, pulled and everything in between. I congratulate GA on tackling such a prominent disease that we live with everyday.

Comment by Aussie – February 3, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Picture number 5 nearly brought tears to my eyes. If he breaks down, I’ll just lose it, I know I will.

Comment by Martin – February 3, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a great episode. My money is on Loretta for EMMY this year again.

Comment by Angela – February 3, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like I will be crying. Loads.
    Lorreta has been amazing through out this storyline and I expect another great performance.

Comment by Ainav – February 4, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Callie mentoring Meredith – that’s an interaction you seldom see in Grey’s! (unless you count Callie attempts to break Meredith bones – unsuccessful due to Izzie’s intervention :P)

Comment by Rax – February 5, 2012 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Izzie thought Calli would break her bones.

Comment by shaun – February 5, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loretta Devine is a Fine actress … i cant wait to watch tonights drama unfold and looks like Richard bares the brunt of Adeles Alzheimers … Yaay love seeing Karev on screen and his duo with Arizona !!

Comment by aftvjunkie – February 23, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post