Glee Takes Seven-Week Hiatus as Fox Launches New Tuesday Comedy Block

Tuesdays will be a little less Glee-ful in late winter/early spring as Fox launches a new comedy block that includes the return of Breaking In.

Fox “Extends” Alcatraz Run, Rests Fringe and House in March

The network confirmed Friday that Glee would air a “winter finale” on Feb. 21 and then take seven weeks off before returning on April 10 (at which point  the show will air all originals through the end of the season).

And then beginning March 6, Fox will debut a new Tuesday lineup that kicks off with a relocated Raising Hope at 8, followed by I Hate My Teenage Daughter at 8:30, New Girl at 9 and the Season 2 launch of Breaking In at 9:30.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Scheduling News

1. Marc says:

While I understand lots of people love Glee, I think it sucks. I am also a huge fan of Breaking In so, with that being said, this news is very awesome. I’m glad FOX came to their senses and will air original New Girl episodes as Breaking In’s lead-in, not repeats like they were planning to before. I am really hoping the show can gain some traction and get renewed for more than a 13 episode run next season.

• Bad Breaker says:

Ugh! More episodes of the increasingly obnoxious Zooey.

• KC says:

I LOVE Zooey, so it’s surprising that I don’t like New Girl. There’s like, no plot whatsoever. I tried watching from the beginning because I adore Zooey, but this show is a MISS. It’s got no substance.

2. John Grose says:

Why do television execs think this sort of thing is a good idea?! – John

3. Kaibosh says:

Thank the heavens. This show is really getting bad.

4. amy says:

I am so ticked off at the scheduling this season. Months off for baseball and the holidays, and now this? 19 weeks into the season and only 11 episodes have aired. It’s ridiculous. Even the most diehard fans’ interest can wane over long breaks, so how are they supposed to keep the casual viewers watching with stupid moves like this?!

5. Guy says:

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP FOX ARE!

6. Alpaca says:

Okay, fox, you suck. I absolutely love glee, but the irregular airing schedule annoys me and is making it hard to watch te show… I’m not looking forward to episodes anymore, I’m just irritated whenever glee takes a break or releaved when it does air. What’s so difficult about airing weekly or just taking less breaks… Glee is screwed and I need me my glee :(

7. confused says:

Wait, didnt these shows take a hiatus during Nov-Dec?

8. Danny says:

After last weeks HORRIBLE episode that was RIDICULOUS in many many ways. This show should be punished for it’s stupidity. They should just make this the last season. It’s a joke. Kurt should show up to school in a pink feathered ballroom nightgown next and go, “Don’t pick on me, I”m a lady-boy!”

9. Tygerlyly21 says:

NOOOO!!! :(

10. TimWnTX says:

What a bunch of crap.

11. Deena says:

Didn’t this happen before and the show bounced back OK? I believe it was season 1 when they took a HUGH break for American Idol. Granted, the network didn’t know how big the show was back then but that might have made it riskier.
    Am I correct Mr. Ausiello?
    Plus, cable networks like USA, TNT and FX run their shows like this all the time, sometimes with even longer breaks. It’s nice to have a bunch of new episodes instead of 2 or 3 and then 2 weeks of repeats and then the same thing over again.

12. Ash says:

Boooo!!! >:( Although I look forward to watching “Breaking In” again. :-/

13. Laura says:

That’s a definite DISLIKE! :-(

14. Mikaela says:

First Bones and now Glee? Is Fox seriously trying to ruin my TV watching life. Don’t get me started on Fox’s deal with Hulu either. I work at night and I don’t like being two weeks behind on all my Fox shows. The network execs need to have their heads examined. They’re killing their biggest moneymakers.

• Charis says:

Bones went on hiatus because Emily Deschanel(Bones) gave birth in real life. Which put them way back on production.

15. iloveglee says:

fine then, we might all quit watching glee… ratings will be low!

16. Dexter Q says:

BIG bummer.

17. Momo says:

That stupid glee gives me hope

18. Rob R says:

Folks — FOX has no choice. It takes 8 to 9 days to film “Glee.” There is no way production can keep up with air dates if “Glee” airs every week with a new episode. The show is too complicated to produce. Filming for the Feb 21 winter finale was completed on Feb 10, but it still has to be edited.

• Frustrated says:

Agreed. but they are having this problem because they took a break from filming in October which put them behind. They did not have multiple multiple week hiatuses last season. Fox and the creators/writers etc. of Glee have really mismanaged thigs this season. If they knew this would happen why not just delay the 2012 premiere date a week or 2 as it was new episodes did not show till the end of January anyway.

19. Kristina Erbe says:

Ending this week’s episode of Glee on a cliffhanger then telling me it won’t come back until April infuriated me. I am soooo curious to know what is going to happen. I need to know. It’s really dumb especially for what they’re doing. Really Fox? Put that comedy stuff on another night. Not my Glee night.

20. Danita says:

It appears that Fox is trying to get rid of Glee! I have never seen a show take so many breaks. How do they expect to keep us viewers watching with this crap?

21. Susan says:

This new line up sucks so when the 7 weeks + the catch up to where Glee left off maybe I will be back to watching Tuesday line up with FOX