Glee Takes Seven-Week Hiatus as Fox Launches New Tuesday Comedy Block

Get More: News, Scheduling News

Tuesdays will be a little less Glee-ful in late winter/early spring as Fox launches a new comedy block that includes the return of Breaking In.

Fox “Extends” Alcatraz Run, Rests Fringe and House in March

The network confirmed Friday that Glee would air a “winter finale” on Feb. 21 and then take seven weeks off before returning on April 10 (at which point  the show will air all originals through the end of the season).

And then beginning March 6, Fox will debut a new Tuesday lineup that kicks off with a relocated Raising Hope at 8, followed by I Hate My Teenage Daughter at 8:30, New Girl at 9 and the Season 2 launch of Breaking In at 9:30.

Tags: , ,

Comments (103)

• While I understand lots of people love Glee, I think it sucks. I am also a huge fan of Breaking In so, with that being said, this news is very awesome. I’m glad FOX came to their senses and will air original New Girl episodes as Breaking In’s lead-in, not repeats like they were planning to before. I am really hoping the show can gain some traction and get renewed for more than a 13 episode run next season.

Comment by Marc – February 3, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh! More episodes of the increasingly obnoxious Zooey.

Comment by Bad Breaker – February 3, 2012 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I LOVE Zooey, so it’s surprising that I don’t like New Girl. There’s like, no plot whatsoever. I tried watching from the beginning because I adore Zooey, but this show is a MISS. It’s got no substance.

Comment by KC – February 14, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do television execs think this sort of thing is a good idea?! – John

Comment by John Grose – February 3, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank the heavens. This show is really getting bad.

Comment by Kaibosh – February 3, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you don’t like it, don’t watch, idiot.

Comment by Kiya – February 14, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so ticked off at the scheduling this season. Months off for baseball and the holidays, and now this? 19 weeks into the season and only 11 episodes have aired. It’s ridiculous. Even the most diehard fans’ interest can wane over long breaks, so how are they supposed to keep the casual viewers watching with stupid moves like this?!

Comment by amy – February 3, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP FOX ARE!

Comment by Guy – February 4, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, fox, you suck. I absolutely love glee, but the irregular airing schedule annoys me and is making it hard to watch te show… I’m not looking forward to episodes anymore, I’m just irritated whenever glee takes a break or releaved when it does air. What’s so difficult about airing weekly or just taking less breaks… Glee is screwed and I need me my glee :(

Comment by Alpaca – February 4, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, didnt these shows take a hiatus during Nov-Dec?

Comment by confused – February 4, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After last weeks HORRIBLE episode that was RIDICULOUS in many many ways. This show should be punished for it’s stupidity. They should just make this the last season. It’s a joke. Kurt should show up to school in a pink feathered ballroom nightgown next and go, “Don’t pick on me, I”m a lady-boy!”

Comment by Danny – February 4, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOO!!! :(

Comment by Tygerlyly21 – February 4, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a bunch of crap.

Comment by TimWnTX – February 4, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t this happen before and the show bounced back OK? I believe it was season 1 when they took a HUGH break for American Idol. Granted, the network didn’t know how big the show was back then but that might have made it riskier.
    Am I correct Mr. Ausiello?
    Plus, cable networks like USA, TNT and FX run their shows like this all the time, sometimes with even longer breaks. It’s nice to have a bunch of new episodes instead of 2 or 3 and then 2 weeks of repeats and then the same thing over again.

Comment by Deena – February 4, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boooo!!! >:( Although I look forward to watching “Breaking In” again. :-/

Comment by Ash – February 4, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a definite DISLIKE! :-(

Comment by Laura – February 4, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Bones and now Glee? Is Fox seriously trying to ruin my TV watching life. Don’t get me started on Fox’s deal with Hulu either. I work at night and I don’t like being two weeks behind on all my Fox shows. The network execs need to have their heads examined. They’re killing their biggest moneymakers.

Comment by Mikaela – February 4, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bones went on hiatus because Emily Deschanel(Bones) gave birth in real life. Which put them way back on production.

Comment by Charis – March 3, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fine then, we might all quit watching glee… ratings will be low!

Comment by iloveglee – February 5, 2012 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BIG bummer.

Comment by Dexter Q – February 5, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That stupid glee gives me hope

Comment by Momo – February 5, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Folks — FOX has no choice. It takes 8 to 9 days to film “Glee.” There is no way production can keep up with air dates if “Glee” airs every week with a new episode. The show is too complicated to produce. Filming for the Feb 21 winter finale was completed on Feb 10, but it still has to be edited.

Comment by Rob R – February 14, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. but they are having this problem because they took a break from filming in October which put them behind. They did not have multiple multiple week hiatuses last season. Fox and the creators/writers etc. of Glee have really mismanaged thigs this season. If they knew this would happen why not just delay the 2012 premiere date a week or 2 as it was new episodes did not show till the end of January anyway.

Comment by Frustrated – March 3, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ending this week’s episode of Glee on a cliffhanger then telling me it won’t come back until April infuriated me. I am soooo curious to know what is going to happen. I need to know. It’s really dumb especially for what they’re doing. Really Fox? Put that comedy stuff on another night. Not my Glee night.

Comment by Kristina Erbe – February 22, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It appears that Fox is trying to get rid of Glee! I have never seen a show take so many breaks. How do they expect to keep us viewers watching with this crap?

Comment by Danita – February 23, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This new line up sucks so when the 7 weeks + the catch up to where Glee left off maybe I will be back to watching Tuesday line up with FOX

Comment by Susan – March 9, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post