Exclusive

Parenthood First Look: [Spoiler] Pops a Question!

Parenthood fans still hoping for a Crosby/Jasmine reunion may want to hit the nearest exit, because we’ve got an exclusive first look at Tuesday’s all-new, Peter Krause-directed episode, and things are not looking good for Jabbar’s ma and pop.
In the installment, titled “Politics,” Dr. Joe is trying desperately to take his (relatively new) relationship with Jasmine to the next level by asking her to not only move in with him, but to get a place of their own.

Parenthood Finale Scoop in Ask Ausiello

Press PLAY below to see how she reacts to the doc’s gun-jumpy proposal, and then keep scrolling for a look at some exclusive behind-the-scenes photos of Krause making his directorial debut on Parenthood.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Photo Gallery, Previews

1. Lena says:

Love the pictures of Peter Krause as a director. You should get an interview with him! I would like to know how much he enjoyed the directing gig.

• nuni says:

Yeah! Do that! An interview with Krause about him directing his show would be dreamy! And don’t forget to ask him how was to direct Lauren in particular.

2. Lauri says:

So I guess that spoiler about the season finale was about Jasmine and The Doc. Oy.

• Carm says:

Not necessarily. This could make her realize that she really wants all the things he was talking about with Crosby instead of the Doc

• Mary says:

don’t move in Jasmin. You are only upset because you saw the “kiss” and Your son is going to be way too confused . He only just thought you and his dad were going to get married. You are a better person than this. don”t do it

• Amber says:

Didn’t the spoiler say it would take place at the Braverman house? I think it would be kind of weird for Jasmine and Dr. Joe to go there. I hope it’s pointing towards a reconciliation with Crosby. :)

3. Ms. Chanandler Bong says:

I like Doctor Joe and Jasmine!

4. Adrienne says:

Me and all of my friends could care less about Crosby and Jasmine. The two are NOT a good match. Never have been. At this point Jasmine and her new boyfriend who is better suited for her should hide in the background of the show. They should only be seen when there are scenes where Jabaar has a bday, etc. And extremely tired of Crosby complaining about Jasmine.

• J. Norman says:

Agree.
      Crosby and Jasmine are not a good match.
      Total personality conflict. They are both good people but should not be together. The only reason they are is because of Jabbar, and forcing a relationship for the sake of the child hardly ever works – for anyone concerned.

• Dani E says:

Totally agree. Every time I load the dishwasher I think of what a crab she is!! LOL. I like Crosby’s new love interest for him. :)

• Lisa says:

I think you missed all the epis which showed they are a perfect match, they had one argument that derailed their relationship. but there is a whole lot of love between. As Adam said, he would soften her up and she would toughen him up. How could Jasmsine be a good match for Dr. Joe? He is so one-note, he isn’t even like a real character.

• Amy08 says:

Finally SOMEONE gets Crosby and Jasmine. They totally complement each other; they just have to work on their relationship. Crosby needs to learn to stop taking the easy way out, and Jasmine needs to learn to be less controlling. Once they both get those two things taken care of, they’ll be fine. They’re beautiful together, and I really enjoyed them when things were good between them.

• Ari says:

Totally AGREED! I have never liked Jasmine! There is no excuse for not telling Crosby about Jabbar and then treating him like a dead beat dad when it was her fault that Crosby wasn’t around. I’ve never liked them together and I feel like Crosby deserves better.

• James Webb says:

I have also not liked Jasmine. She’s treated Crosby pretty badly, even before the big argument that broke them up. The new lady is much better for him. I also tired of Crosby pining for Jasmine, though he hasn’t been doin ghtat so much since the new lady came onthe scene. I agree – Jasmine and Dr. Joe should fade to background and just appear for important stuff related to Jabbar.

• julie says:

Totally agree with your total agreement. It’s time to put Crosby and Jasmine to rest…..They both need to move on…..

5. Craig says:

Someone hasn’t seen the season final spoilers then…

6. Linda says:

Whether Peter Krause is in front of or behind the camera…we admire his many talents through out the years. Follow your dreams and may the most important ones come to fruition! Very proud of your work over the years.

7. Cathy says:

I too have a feeling Jasmine is thinking about Crosby, either way I will be fine. As Long as Parenthood stays on.
    Why is there not enough hype out there concerning this show?
    Anyway, I think it’s the best T.V. program out ther in T.V. Land

8. Liz says:

I am sure I will love whatever they choose to do with Crosby/Jasmine/Dr. Joe love triangle. I like Dr. Joe I think it makes their lives more interesting. But them getting back together wouldn’t be so bad either. I really liked Haddie’s boyfriend. I would like to see him come back around. Sarah needs to get knocked up then Seth come back a changed man. Im sure the directors and writers will spice something up. Love Parenthood!!!!

9. Chad says:

I like all the aspects of the show, most families are diverse and i really like how they capture each unique family member. I would like for jasmine and crosby to work out just to see the complexity of the relationship and how each would change during it

10. nancy odom says:

I think you need to get Crosby & Jasmine together. I love the new role for (senior moment I forgot her name) her mother is dating the young teacher. She seems to bring it together working on the campaign.

11. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD has only four episodes left this season and I can’t wait if NBC is going to give this family drama a Season Four. In the meantime, it looks like the Crosby/Jasmine reunion is about to hit too close to home and the whole love triangle thing is still haunting them. The way last season went down when Crosby had an affair with Gaby was one of the series’ major lows and this season may not be no different if Jasmine could do the same with Dr. Joe. Back to square one between these two.

12. Jen says:

Why does nobody take issue with the damage being done to Jabar with all the crap his parents drag him through? That’s one way to mess up your kid’s life.

• rivver says:

Jabbar isn’t being dragged around. He’s being loved by two sets of parents. Besides, he’s little and won’t remember half of it anyway. The two of them were doomed when he slept with Gabby. If hey put them back together it will be condoning cheating. Really? that’s the message we want to send to children and young adults? He cheated, but it’s okay.. stay with him.

• watch n learn says:

Damage? He’s 7. Like he’ll remember anything when he gets older, esp since both parents are trying their best to keep his life as normal as possible.

13. Lisa says:

Up until recently, I was very upset with the Dr. Joe coming in and then Crosby and Jasmine hooked up again and I was hopeful… but THEN he met Lily and I thought they were just so sweet that now I’m okay with whatever they do.

14. Carol says:

The show only gets more interesting and relates so well to real-life issues that attracts and keeps more and more fans. I hope we don’t have to go through all the drama about Parenthood being back again for many seasons to come like last year. It took a while for NCIS to catch on and wouldn’t every network love to have one like that to claim as their own – Parenthood would be it, BTW.

15. Shawna says:

Jasmine is probably thinking about Crosby because he is in a new relationship with someone new. She seems to work that way. I hope Crosby sees her coming when she makes her move.

• lily says:

ITA, Crosby will see Jasmine a mile off when she really tells him how she feels…and his arms will be opened wide, because she is the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with…remember? Jasmine is Crosby’s cup of tea! Can’t wait!

16. Kat says:

I LOVE this show! The story lines, the family interaction, the cast,
    the acting is superb up and down the board. I know it may not have a huge following, but I hope NBC will keep it on their schedule. It is so smart and thoughtful! I would miss all these people soooo much!
    It is the only thing on NBC that I watch, so I never see any promotion for it. Does the network promote it?

• julie says:

Parenthood is one of the best shows ever! It is smart, and the acting is phenomenal. I too wonder about its promotion. I fear that it will die, not because of its quality or content, but because of its lack of exposure. I think this show has two things against it, unfortunately. 1) Not everyone can get past the name. “Parenthood” implies that you need to be in your parenting years to relate to this show, which is totally untrue as this show has something for anyone who is part of a family (how many of us aren’t part of a family?) 2) 10pm does not provide exposure to new audiences….Just trying to help. I do NOT want to see this show die for lack of audience. It’s just too darn good!

17. Toni says:

I certainly don’t hope for a Crosby/Jasmine reunion. I would much rather see her with the doc. BUT, that said, I think she has always believed she can get Crosby back whenever she wants to, and has been punishing him for his cheating (which was wrong but COME ON…she didn’t even tell him he had a kid till he was what…5 years old? She’s no angel). I like Crosby and the new gal (sorry, can’t remember her name…the one who came to record at the studio and plays cello, I believe).

18. shar says:

Not much of a committment if he is “so sure”….if he likes he should put a “ring” on it and she should NOT move in with him without being married because of her young son Jabar – NOT a good example as a parent – my guess is she answers NO because of Jabar and that will be a respectable story line! Kids first until they are 18 – do not be selfish adults!

19. As a marriage and family therapist and a Bay Area old sort of hippy turned just a plain liberal , everything about this show hits me hard. It is wonderful. The New Yorker reviewed it perfectly, if it is not renewed it will be disgraceful and I hope HBO or Showtime picks it up. It is important to have one really good. Smart program on the air

20. dia says:

This show is the only one worth watching for me! I agonize over waiting for the next installment. Love the storylines. superb acting, their emotions are my emotions and I`m totally hooked for life! Wish they had a better time slot because it really is worthwhile for families to watch together.

21. Cindy says:

I would love to see them together….

22. Nikki says:

Oh how I LOVE this show!!

23. L says:

Someone’s thinking about Croooooosby. Can’t wait for their reunion!

24. Kimberly says:

I think Jasmine and doctor Joe are a good match. I also like the new girl Crosby is with. They are cute together and she has good chemistry with Jabar. Jasmine and Crosby can still co parent and be friends. They don’t have to be together. I personally don’t think either character can be themselves with each other. They both need someone they can be themselves with.

25. Linda says:

Jasmine does not seem too thrilled. Joe, why did you go there? Jasmine is now thinking about the life she wanted with Crosby and Jabbar. You can’t beat the love between Crosby and Jasmine. This is gonna be good!!

26. pv says:

I really like Dr Joe, he’s a much better man than Crosby and Jasmine would be stupid to pass him up. Jabbar has a better future with Dr Joe in his life.
    Besides, Crosby cheated. He’ll do it again.
    My only hesitation is that if she doesn’t get back with Crosby, they’ll phase Jasmine and Jabbar out of the show, which would be a shame

27. Amy says:

I think Jasmine is a little flat as a character. What do we really know about her? I like the cellist. Let’s give her a chance.

• Leana says:

Jasmine is the mother of Crosby’s son, she grew up in a single parent household with her brother, her mother Renee is quite controlling. She met Crosby at a wedding NY and they had a fling which resulted in her becoming pregnant with Jabbar. After failed attempts to contact Crosby many times to tell him that she was pregnant, she gave up and decided to raise jabbar on her own. As jabbar grew older he started to inquire about his dad and so Jasmine returned to the Bay area so that Jabbar could meet his dad.
      Jasmine is a professional dancer (BTW Crosby has a weakness for dancers not for cellists), she was selected to tour with the reknowned/prestigious Alvin Ailey dance company but eventually gave it up to be with Crosby and her son.
      like all characters on this show Jasmine has flaws, she can be controlling, rightly so, she has had to parent on her own, make decisions on her own. Sharing Jabbar with Crosby and learning to make space for Crosby’s ideas and opinions has been difficult. When Crosby cheated on her she was understandably angry and unforgiving (name one woman who wouldn’t be).
      Yet, Jasmine is a strong, independent,loving, funloving, sexy woman who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. I can go on…we know a lot about Jasmine.
      Now Lily, that’s a flat character just like Joe.

28. becky says:

this is absolutely the BEST show on tv now and for several years. I never miss an episode. It makes me feel good. The issues are so realistic and the family love/hate is so true. All of them are wonderful. They are all the best!

29. Rick says:

My wife and I love this show, but not when we’ve been waiting for Tues night and it’s a stickin re-run, again. Seriously! Keep filming people – you’ve got so much material to work with, great cast, great family – we laugh, we sometimes cry but we mostly realize how real the Braverman family is – thanks for not being a typcial TV family with all happy faces and happy endings. We love to see true life conflict, some resolutions, and the great dinner conversations at the Braverman table, in the back yard!

30. Fan says:

LUV this show. But only 4 more episodes? It JUST started! It has been pre-empted how many times since it JUST started? How many times since it JUST started have they shown repeats? Why so sparce with this shiw? I do not understand?!? Everyone luvs it?

31. jodi says:

Finally, a wholesome show and with a storyline too! I am still pulling for Jasmine and Crosby to get back together.

32. Michele says:

Is there going to be a season 4 of parenthood? I love this show. It’s the only show I watch on network t.v. The writing and acting are fantastic!

33. sarah says:

I love this show, one of the best on tv
    I am not a fan of Jasmine’s but I prefer he with Dr Joe. So I think she will marry him mainly because she Crosby is happy with Lily BUT in the end she will regret it and want Crosby back..or there will be a twist and someone else will get married…..

• Maria says:

Crosby may have been smiling ear to ear, but he sounded like he was trying to convince himself that Lily could really mean something more to him. “I like her”? but he does not love her…i’ve been looking at TV too long and Jas &Cros story is all too familiar, they are heading straight back to each other. Good job writers, the Joe and Lily distractors worked. Now put that sexy family back together!!

34. Lois says:

I now see Lauren Graham and think “Sara” not “Lorelai” so this show must be good.

35. Ron Carroll says:

Love the show, but can’t see Crosby and Jasmine as a couple. She’s too passive and doesn’t express any emotion. But kudos to the writers because she’s true to life, given that she has a very controlling mother. Her mother taught Jasmine to keep her emotions in check, but Crosby is deserving of someone who is more expressive of her emotions. Like, say, Lily the cellist. They’d make a perfect match, and Crosby deserves someone of her caliber. She’s also a more engaging character. The only thing Jasmine has going for herself is the fact she’s Jabbar’s mother.

36. Anna says:

Amber seems to be in a good place. Let’s keep her happy. She is my new favorite. Love the show! Keep up the good work!

37. Tori says:

Agreed! I love Amber & I really like Bob. Amber needs someone to appreciate & inspire her so she’ll go bk to school. Bob’s just the guy to do it! He’s not married or in a realtionship?! Please don’t do that to her!