Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Fringe, Gossip Girl, Criminal Minds, Glee, Housewives and More!

What took so long for Fringe‘s Astrids to meet? Can Chuck remain a good boy? Is a Criminal Minds couple about to hit the skids? What’s this about meeting Bree Van de Kamp’s dead mom?! Read on for those scoops, plus other teases from TV’s hottest shows.

Fringe | This Friday’s episode finally brings together our Astrid with her alt self, raising the question: What took so long? (If I had a doppelganger out there, I’d seek him out pronto if only to see if he found a better hairstyle.) Well as Jasika Nicole explains, Astrid simply has bigger fish to fry. “I think that because they’re solving these cases and trying to save lives and trying to protect these universes from being destroyed, any ounce of selfishness totally gets taken out of the equation,” she tells me. “Who has time to spy on their doppelganger when hundreds of people are nearing death because some crazy vigilante is on the loose?” Nicole adds that while Astrid might in part be “afraid” to meet her Other self – who, by the way, the actress confirms has Asperger’s – “I think that deep down inside, she would’ve loved to go over there to see her.” Instead, as you will see, alt-Astrid is the one who makes the trip, “for selfish reasons,” Nicole reveals.

Exclusive First Look Video: Fringe Goes Astrid-Centric With ‘Breathtaking’ Episode

Gossip Girl | Sure, Blair may have bailed on her big day with Dan in tow, but you gotta believe that one Chuck Bass is not out of the picture. But can the bad boy keep up his semi-reformed ways long enough to lay claim to his great love? “We were very conscious to make sure that Chuck up to [the wedding episode] did not slide back,” says EP Josh Safran, “because we do believe that Chuck has learned and is still continuing to learn. That evolution is real; it’s not just so easily lost or so easily gained.” So while Chuck “will continue to be tested,” Safran allows, “I definitely think he approaches these tests now from a place of, ‘I really don’t want to slide back’ as opposed to, ‘Oh, it’s so easy to slide back, I’m just going to go do it.'”

Gossip Girl First Look: Blair Plays Cupid on Valentine’s Day — But for Whom?

Criminal Minds | When JJ evolves into a full-on action figure in the Feb. 15 episode of the CBS procedural – and gets pretty bloody in the process! – you have to wonder if the peril that comes with her new gig might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back when it comes to baby daddy William LaMontagne. “People are starting to get nervous about that, but…. We’ll see,” A.J. Cook tells me. And she means we literally will see what’s next for the parents when Josh Stewart reprises the role of Will again later this season, along with Cook’s real-life son. “We are definitely going to see them again, and I’m really excited for that storyline to play out.” As Cook notes with a laugh, while some fans adore Will and/or JJ’s home life, “There are also these dudes who are like, ‘Yeah, she needs to be a single woman!’ So I guess time will tell.”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Criminal Minds‘ Morgan and Garcia, and More!

Glee | OK, Gleeks, put on your thinking caps (I believe Brittany literally owns a tin-foil one?) and try to solve the riddle behind this new casting call. The Fox hit is looking to guest-cast in one episode a handsome and successful 30-year-old named Stephen, with two important caveats: The guy needs to be at least six feet tall, and the role comes with zero dialogue. That said, this Stephen is said to figure into “an important moment in the script”…? Ready, set, speculate!

Meet the Parents! | Before we say a final farewell to Wisteria Lane, Desperate Housewives viewers will meet Bree’s mother – no small feat, seeing as she died long ago, at the hand of a drunk driver, when Bree was but a tyke. The ABC drama is currently casting the prim matriarch, who will be seen in circa-early ’70s flashbacks, as will an 8-year-old Bree…. Over on Modern Family, meanwhile, viewers can expect to meet Cameron’s father, Merle, sometime during May sweeps. The role being cast is described “a solid, masculine, gruff Midwestern guy” in his 60s. I’m calling it now: Lee Majors.

Modern Family Virginity Shocker!

CSI: Miami | If you were one of the 19 people who saw the unrated Bolero back in the 1980s, you may feel a sense of déjà vu – although not deja nude – when Bo Derek guest-stars on the Feb. 19 episode of the CBS crime drama. Playing the owner of a stable, Derek will bring her real-life horseback skills to the screen, including in one sequence that evokes, somewhat, her (literally) bareback Bolero gallop. “We tried to recreate that exact shot, with the slow-motion approach and everything,” exec producer Marc Dube shares, “if only to recapture some of that.” As for whether Bo’s character will register a perfect 10 on that week’s suspect list, Dube would only admit, “We look at her for a while.”

CSI: Miami Finale Scoop: [Spoiler] Will Destroy Horatio’s Team!

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. sarah says:

I love Chuck Bass!!!!, I want to see more scenes with him!!. And to fight for the love of his life, I’m sure he’s going to win back Blair. Chair forever!!!!!

2. Jill says:

Go Chuck Bass!

3. Yuri Kaleb says:

I love how they give the worst spoiler about glee ¬¬

• Elizabeth says:

What isn’t spoiled or leaked about Glee? Dont we all know what’s going to happen weeks in advance, if not because the show is so predictable?

4. MonicaOP says:

Oh!!! So many stuff!!! You just made me totally anxious about Criminal minds and Glee!!! Oh what’s going on there!! More please!!! Do you know anything about Castle or Revenge?? :D hugs!!!

5. Nic says:

The Glee spec? Guessing it to be Finn’s dad.

6. Katie says:

Glee: Ummm were gonna get a flash forward scene of Quinn after Yale married to some handsome man that’s mute?

7. Jess says:

On Glee I bet it’s some sort of NYADA panel member. Will determine Rachel, Kurt, Finn and ultimately Blaine’s futures.

8. p says:

awh, yay. I’m glad they are keeping that in mind for Chuck. I’d really like to see where he goes from here.

9. Allie says:

Happy to hear any good news about Chuck :) Thanks!

10. sofia says:

WHY CAN’T THERE BE A PERSON IN THE BAU TEAM WITH A STEADY HOME LIFE??????????????????????????????????????
    I hope JJ and Will don’t break up. NEVER!

• Amiee says:

Seriously. I mean, there are FBI agents in real life who stay married and have stable relationship. I realize this is a tv show and they need drama but I kind of thought that would come from catching the dangerous criminals…ya know?

• Cari says:

I agree, but I do like seeing how this job can cause tension in the home. And I enjoy seeing how they work through it (kind of like Peter and Elizabeth in White Collar). I hope they stay together, but I don’t mind a bit of drama there.

• April says:

I think there should be a person with a steady home life.
      But I just don’t like Will. He creeps me out and he’s so bland.
      I did like Hailey and was sad that they split them up and then killed her, ruining my idea of them getting back together.

• KLE says:

BooHooHoo. It’s TV and Fiction for god’s sake. You want to watch a married couple with careers go look at someone within your family.

11. Danny says:

I know it’s a longshot, but Jessica Chastain would be AMAZING as Bree’s mother.

12. LDSK says:

*SIGH* Does anyone remember when Criminal Minds use to be about catching criminals? I miss those days.

• Brendan says:

By my count they’re sill spending ~35 minutes of each 42 minute episode catching criminals at minimum, often more…

• Saint Alicia says:

Don’t you know Hotch “needs to smile”? Don’t you know Hotch “needs a baby mama”? Don’t you know JJ “needs to be a single woman”? So cue the introduction of a stalker girlfriend for Hotch and some contrived drama to split up JJ and Will.
      At least there’s profiling on The Mentalist…

• francisca says:

If JJ and Will split there is going to be much more shipping wars then already are, because then we’re gonna see Hotch&JJ, Reid&JJ, Rossi&JJ, Emily&JJ shippers getting more serious about their ships. Which is one of the reasons why I don’t want JJ to be single.
        I like the fact that there is at least one person in the BAU who can conciliate the job with the family life, and it really would be a shame if the writers killed that.

• Biz says:

I know they’re ruining my show…something is so off with CM this season…I can’t quite put my finger on it…..but all the personal storylines seem so contrived….oh well I guess It’s still not as bad as season 6.

• Mini says:

I think everybody needs to calm down. Friction in a relationship does not always equal divorce. Let’s wait and see what happens before we start getting out the torches and pitchforks.

• Michael says:

Criminal Minds has not gotten as bad as NCIS at least Criminal minds has not gone full grown soap opera like NCIS has

13. frank says:

A mute tall man for Glee? Since Brittany has been pretty much mute her self, maybe this man is her dad. Or Brittany in 15 after a sex-change?

14. Pam says:

It’s not Finn’s dad. Finn’s dad, I forget which ep, was named Christopher.

• Nic says:

You’re totally right. Crap. No idea then.

• JDVX says:

… In ‘Glee’ you need to forget about everything they’ve said and done before. One of Rachel dads was black… Rachel was jewish and still celebrates Christmas, Mercedes used to makes us think she was pregnant to forget about she was constantly ill, they all have fell in love like they’ve never done before three times at least and Puck wanted to be part of his baby until Shelby rejected him as her lover. THIS IS GLEE! (… and I love it, as long as I don’t think)
      Ps, you’ll see Finn’d dad will be alive.

• Guest says:

While I agree about Mercedes & Puck storyline, I will point out to everyone who has mentioned Rachel’s Dad being Black that the actor who is playing her father, Brian Stokes Mitchell is in fact African-American!

• Claire says:

Lots of Jewish kids celebrate Christmas, too — the Santa Claus part, not the Baby Jesus part.

15. Elizabeth says:

So looking forward to Fringe this week. (Not that I don’t always, but double the Astrid definitely means double the awesome.) Bring it on!

16. Kelly says:

Totally Finn’s dad!!!

17. Finnhud says:

Over 6 ft, 30 yo, successful, handsome, no dialogue.
    Called Stephen. Important script moment.
    wut.

18. Emily says:

I love you, Chuck Bass. You and Nate are the saving grace of the show right now. I look forward to seeing his growth continue and hope we aren’t forced to watch the writers villainize Chuck and Serena like they did last season.

19. Kelly says:

I just saw that they named the character Stephen. Never mind. I have no idea

20. Jill says:

Glee: How about a potential Sue Sylvestor baby daddy?

21. May says:

Excited to see JJ get all “Action Girl” on us but I sure hope she and Will stay together.

22. Lily says:

Maybe the Glee spoiler is Terry’s new husband

23. MSC says:

Good to hear Chuck Bass is not backsliding, that means he and Blair will eventually be back together, until then I just skip episodes.

24. Joanna says:

Yay! Awesome Chuck Bass is the (ONLY) gift that the GG writers keep on giving. I can’t wait to see more of his growth and I hope they will keep writing him as the amazing person he has become.

25. Padraig says:

I thought Finn’s dad was named Christopher, not Stephen? I do agree, however, that the height requirement does make it seem like the character would be related to Finn, as he is the tallest person in the glee club (Rory is a close second, though).

26. Fyrkat says:

Aww, Matty I love you. Was reading the Modern Family scoop and said ‘Lee Majors’ out loud before I got to the end. You are awesome.

27. Antonia says:

Good to hear about Chuck Bass! Finally he’s going to get the character grow we’ve been waiting since the ending of S3 and get his girl!

28. Kate says:

The “at least 6 feet tall” part on the “Glee” spoiler makes me think it’s someone for Sue Sylvester.

29. Mika says:

The man being hired for GLEE will be playing the judge who determines whether Rachel or Kurt go from finalist to accepted into their school next year.

30. Snix says:

For Glee, I think the man with zero dialogue yet an important component to the script could be a shooter that visits McKinely High. That’s among the worst things yet an inportant one to the storyline.

31. Richard says:

Jessica Chastain could play Bree’s mom, if they could get her.

32. a says:

Hmm, I thought that Stephen could be Blaine’s dad, seeing as how we’re going to meet his brother and all, but they’d probably want a bigger “name” actor for that and they’d only get one for a speaking role (I imagine). So maybe a NYADA finalist judge?

33. donna says:

So happy to hear Chuck Bass is not sling back. He is Chuck Bass ;) I love him more and more every episode <3 His SL this season keeps me watching truly. Also looking forward to Uncle Jack's return. Could you pls scoop somethings about Diana/Bass Men relationship? Blair is a mess right now but its how they balance each other. I just hope she would let Chuck to be on her side like she did when he messed up. Awwwwwwwww love Chuck&Blair so much <33333333
    Also looking forward to Bree's mom lol I'm sorry this is the last season.

34. Alicia L. says:

I totally agree with the person saying that the guy is a NYADA panel member!
    I’m trying not to get my hopes up regarding a JJ/Will split because honestly the guy is a jerk just because she us better at her job than he is and is an FBI agent while he is a police officer. I know a lot of people Will/JJ, but I’ve been watching since the very beginning and own all of the seasons and I’m totally in love with the idea of Reid/JJ as a couple!

35. donna says:

Also its good to hear Safran actually talks about Chuck. I wanna thank for Chuck’s growth arc this season. It really amazes me. He had the most amazing scenes as usual. Every season Chuck Bass is so interesting to watch and I love every part of him =)))))))

36. DonnaRose says:

John Goodman as Cam’s dad.

37. Angela says:

I have to wonder if AJ specifically suggested that what happens causes friction between her and Will. Or, if she was asked whether it would because it’s not a completely off the wall assumption. But, not because anyone said it would. Either one is possible.
    Also, unless this situation comes as a result of JJ doing something that is directly related to profiling, I don’t see what her new gig has to do with anything. JJ became a profiler in season 7. She didn’t become a federal agent. This isn’t the first time she’s been in a life or death situation. And if this situation does come up later between her and Will, I hope he doesn’t act like he never once had any cause to worry about her safety before. I also hope that the show shatters the belief that if a couple has trouble, they’re breaking up.

• Alicia L. says:

Well for me from what the showed in episode seven they are already having problems! I’m not saying that they should break just because of one fight I’m saying that the writers have made it obvious that they could break up. I’m not saying they are, but they have been together since the end of season 2 and may I point out that JJ refused his marriage proposal after she found out she was pregnant. What does that say about their relationship? Especially in an earlier season3 episode she wanted to break up with him! I know it has been four years since then, but come on they don’t have a stable relationship!

• Steph says:

I know plenty of people who are in loving, committed relationships that don’t get married. My Aunt lived with a guy for 15 years before they finally tied the knot. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything…just as having friction or a fight doesn’t automatically mean breaking-up.

• Michael says:

they werent together in season 2 they meet in season 2 but it was season 3 when she got pregnant and in season 4 she got married

• CM says:

JJ got married? Are we watching the same show?
          She did not get married. She and Will got rings with Henry’s birth stone, that is not the same as getting married.

38. cyclone says:

Hello??? Cam’s father…JOHN GOODMAN…that is a no brainer.
    6ft no dialogue on GLEE definitely something with SUE.

39. Kyla says:

The Glee one is definitely Sue’s sperm donor.

40. em says:

I’m looking forward to the Astrid-centric episode. I’ve always thought that there was something more to both characters so it’s nice that we get a chance to see how each one would interact with her alternate self. On another note, I was never a big fan of Chuck on Gossip Girl in the earlier seasons and I’m usually pretty critical about how quickly GG writers move onto the next (even more ridiculous) story, but I applaud the writers for redeeming Chuck and keeping him on this path.

41. Dom says:

This clearly means that Glee is looking to cast an Observer. Its about damn time.

42. dee123 says:

Seeing Bree’s backstory& childhood? That’s extremely rare on DH.
    Really hope she’s not dying.

43. loli says:

*aspergers* (not asp-bergers)

44. Claire says:

I’m a big Dair fan, and I’m so-o-o-o happy they’re finally going to get their day in the sun, even though I know that (sigh!) she’s undoubtedly fated to end up with Chuck in the end. I do think that Leighton and Penn are the best young actors on the show–not that the others aren’t good, but those two are outstanding and have great chemistry, to boot!

45. Zalaura says:

The Glee mystery casting SOLVED! It is Finn’s father, back from the dead. (Which is why he can’t speak.) That’s a pretty pivotal moment, right?

46. Mandy says:

I think Criminal Minds should keep JJ and her husband together.
    Of all the characters, we have seen more home life from Hotch and JJ and we have already seen one marriage fall apart from the strain of the job, it would be nice to see how JJ and her man make it work.
    And the rest of the cast should get some relationship potential too! I like seeing Garcia and her guy and we know, but never see that Derek gets lots of action. What about Reid? Has the guy never has a girlfriend in the past 8 years? Come on now.

47. colleen says:

If Criminal Minds is establishing that a tough JJ/woman, can’t balance a home life w/significant other and child, that is incredibly stupid and sexist. Add to that, Will is a cop who I’m sure has worked side-by-side with female cops, so he should understand and empathize with the life and the demands.
    If JJ’s becoming “kickass” means Will becomes and idiot and shortsighted, and JJ now is so self-absorbed that her family life is insignificant and gives way to stupidity, then give me the old JJ back. The original JJ traveled with the team and was a quasi-profiler anyway. Why do we need this new version if all she’s going to care about is being able to get bloodied and act tough?
    It’s a shame that the writer’s definition of toughness and anything on Criminal Minds means the characters have to become one-dimensional and incapable of demonstrating that they can be well-rounded and sometimes have a balanced existence. I hope the writers don’t do what’s expedient and narrow-minded by getting rid of Will.
    A tough, single JJ is another Prentiss; and Prentiss already does Prentiss well. We don’t need JJ trying to be Prentiss too. Plus, I’m rooting for Prentiss to find some happiness with Hotch. Do all the Criminal Minds’ characters have to be single and miserable?

• Alyssa says:

Not all of the characters are single and miserable. Garcia and Kevin are still together, and they’re supposed to be going through a rough time too. The writers can still show a successful relationship through that couple. Garcia may not be a profiler, but it doesn’t mean her job is a piece of cake. They’re also bringing Hotch and Beth together, so that can be another successful relationship.
      JJ and Will aren’t the only couple on the show right now. Truthfully, they haven’t had any chemistry for a few seasons now.

48. Victoria says:

I Like Will a lot I’ve always liked him I don’t understand why other people don’t. If JJ was to be with one of the men she works with I don’t think that would be a good idea for many reasons one is it would spoil the show they would not be a team any more it would completely ruin everything. Please! please! don’t break up Will and JJ they are great together.

• Michael says:

I agree they have way better chemistry then she does with any of her team

• bk1974 says:

Oh please, you Hotch and Prentiss people in disguise. JJ and Will have NO connection and sparks between them. She has more with Hotch and Reid. JJ deserves a good looking guy.

49. Ringerella says:

Since I can only really think of three tall people in Glee, Stephen will be:
    1. Someone Rachel mistakes for Finn. Dramatic turning around, oops sorry moment, regret, poof Finn’s in the army and she’s too late. Phen ≈ Finn.
    1.5. Recruiter, or just anyone related to the military.
    1.55. Finn’s dad’s secret twin brother who switched places with him, ala Pretty Little Liars.
    2. David Boreanaz’s look-alike that Sue takes out to dinner, possibly double dating with Beiste.
    3. Marcus’s henchman in beating up Sam for stealing away Mercedes.

50. Ringer says:

1.25 Stephen is Finn’s alterego in a “what would have happened if” scene.