Glee First Look Video: Watch Ricky Martin and New Directions Perform 'Sexy and I Know It'

Pop quiz: What do you get when you cross Ricky Martin and LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It”? One of Glee‘s most energetic and entertaining covers to date — and the proof is in the embedded video player below.

Glee Mystery: Who is Stephen?!

In Tuesday’s all-new Glee, McKinley High’s new Spanish teacher — played by the Latin pop sensation and sometime actor — leads New Directions in a Spanglish-ized version of the recent No. 1 smash. And man, does it ever work (out).
Press play below and then hit the comments with thoughts (bonus points to those whose reactions are expressed entirely in chatspeak).

Loading video...

Want more Glee scoop/spoilers? Follow @MichaelAusiello on Twitter

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: First Look, Video

1. Gleek! says:

I think this is awesomeeeee! I am so so excited for this episode. Yay glee Yay ricky martin!! YAYYYY

2. I like… I love Ricky Martin!

3. Rory Fan says:

Ricky Martin *sigh. I love that Rory gets to dance with him!

4. Karen says:

LOVE IT!
    Didn’t know it was possible to love Ricky Martin more than I did, but there you go.
    It just feels really natural that he’s on Glee, and not at all like anything we saw in season 2, where the big parade of stars almost never fit in. But this feels right. I’m really loving the tone-down of the celeb guest-stars this year on Glee, but I do love it when, once in a while, someone as awesome as Ricky comes along….

5. Nuggetman says:

This was the worst

6. Brittany says:

AHHH FINN! I’m dieing!! :DDD

• Shelley says:

I died too. Drooling over Ricky(David) and Finn. Loved that body roll. Yes, since Finn and Rachel are sexpots now Finn is really feeling sexy. He seemed to want to be out there feeling the music. Rachel wanted him to go have fun. Looks like they all did.

7. Melinda says:

OMG!!!! I saw Ricky Martin in concert many moons ago!! He was hot then, HES HOT NOW!!! I am in Glee Heaven!! One of fav…Gleek moments…cant freakin wait!

8. brooke Bosse says:

for a gay guy ricky has the sexyness

9. ash says:

LOVE IT!!i love the spanish inserts…
    fun and definitely sexy

10. Teresa says:

I liked it and it looks like Damien has been working on his dance moves. I still want to know when is Samuel, the other winner of the glee project going to be on the show.

11. Melvin says:

In the “passion in my pants” did Mike Chang really motion what I thought he did from the chair? Wha? I wonder if the show can get in trouble for that.

12. gcuaiv says:

HORRIBLE. SICK. DISGUSTING.

13. famerica181280 says:

simply; RICKY “es SEXY Y LO SABE”. me muero por ver ese episodio en LATINOAMERICA. (O.o) genial¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ ?:^D

14. ms mcginty :D says:

RORY’S DANCE. ’nuff said. <3

15. michael says:

No Damian Criss and no Chris Colpher in this clip. Wassup wit dat?

16. amy Gulizia says:

love it

17. Sheryl says:

OMG people, stop whining! Either you like Glee or you don’t. And if you don’t then why take the time to comment on a Glee post. Shut up or get out! :-/ BTW, love Glee and love all the work they put into it. Grow up!

• Shelley says:

Agree to that. It amazes me how these trolls who HATE GLEE SO come into these specific Glee topics just to spread their hate. If I don’t like a topic I don’t enter there. I have better things to do with my life. I feel sorry for people who have nothing but negativity to share and to spoil fun for oth

18. Danielle H says:

LMAO.. WTF.
    Seriously though, Ricky has held up well. Lookin good, papi!
    This is not showcasing any singing though.

19. Diana says:

I don’t understand why Sugar Motta still exists…

20. Andrew says:

That was terrible. The half Spanish half English thing is awful and the vocals aren’t even that good. I was looking forward to Ricky Martin, but not anymore if this is what it will be like

• JLC says:

I couldn’t agree more. I love Glee, but sometimes the things they perform just aren’t anywhere near what they are capable of. Ricky blew this one big time.

21. Tasha says:

The song was ok, maybe it will be better when we know what context it’s being sang in…
    Also need to say it….Artie needs a makeover…
    New clothes, better glasses or contacts, get rid of the Bieber hair for crying out loud!!! His “look” is getting old, its unoriginal and no longer unique. I think the guy is a good singer and does add to the show but as a character he annoys me. He needs some better storylines.

22. Jojo says:

Damn. Kurt got laid, and it shows. Look at him be all extroverted and crap. >:D

23. Hunter says:

“most energetic and entertaining covers to date”? This show has gotten so bad. I’m not that far out of high school and the kids I went to school with weren’t nearly as sexed-out (“passion in my pants”) as the “kids” on Glee. What a ridiculous show this has turned in to. It’s almost like it’s descended into self-parody if I didn’t know they were still taking themselves very seriously.

24. GLEEKness says:

@Loveless – no ring yet perhaps because no-one knows yet except Rachel, Finn and Quinn? hmmm…

25. S says:

I never thought I would say this because I’m not a fan of the show, but I just Ricky Martin’d my pants.

26. Lexie says:

Eh. Beside the absence of Tina, Mercedes and Sam (obv. everyone knows where Blaine is by now), it was like someone was having a seizure shooting that – I was trying to watch Mike and Brittany dance, and instead the scene kept cutting.
    And that wasn’t exactly a ‘Spanish’ version of a song. It was at least 85% english.

27. suzie says:

where is Sam? He should have been in this performance for sure!!

28. Amy says:

Ricky….. YOu ARE sexy and I KNOW it!

29. Emily says:

Pedo-Will seemed a bit extreme in this song.

30. Heather says:

I loved it but i was mostly destracted by ricky wow he is HOT!!!

31. Jayne says:

I didn’t like it! Can you say “auto tuned”? I mean, even more auto tuned than the original! Does seem like the subs could be potential child molesters, but I still liked all of Gwyneth Paltrow’s songs WAYYYYYY BETTER than this!

32. Debbi says:

I love Glee, best show on TV wish it was on every night! AND I love Ricky Martin I can’t wait to see the show, I wish he would switch teams LOL

33. Steven says:

Where is play

34. andres says:

i stopped watching glee after episode 4 of this season, i frequently check on the articles about hoping theres something that makes me get back to it, but this super silly video and choreography just confirms that i made a good choice moving on other entertainment options, bye Glee, season one was great.

35. KALG says:

yo hablo español, así que cállense, el español es mejor que el ingles

36. Mary says:

Ricky Martin is so sexy!! Mr. Shue is the opposite of sexy in this vid , Glee is getting better every episode in this season, can´t wait to see this one

37. Shanda says:

Uh, teachers aren’t supposed to be sexy. Of course Mr. Schue is the opposite of sexy.

38. Coni says:

I just LOVE this! I think that’s awesome that their singing that song which I love, and that hot hot hot sexy man, Le Entrega todo ese saber latino que tiene! jaja :D Me encanta!, and the finn dancing make mi laugh a lot! jajaja he’s great C:

39. Fher says:

Speaking as a Mexican guy studying in America, I HATE this version of Ricky Martin, i think Ryan is just casting “people i have wet dreams with” and not because of their talents, but anyways i’ve never liked ricky so maybe that’s why i’m thinking this. I just couldnt go through the whole clip, it was very very bad, and i am starting to dislike glee even tho i was a hard core fan.

40. Marcus says:

Not a huge fan of the original song so naturally, I’m not too fond of this performance. I certainly hope Ricky has more songs in this episode cuz this doesn’t really showcase his talent, only his deliciousness.

41. erika says:

Is it just me, or was the timing off a bit while they were singing? Sometimes their mouth wasn’t matching the words.

42. Michelle says:

This may be my least favorite song Glee has every done. This was just horrible in my book…

43. Em says:

holy crap ricky’s hot… to bad he’s gay… on the other hand… KURT TOTALLY HAS A CRUSH ON HIM!! this is gonna be interesting! BUT KLAINE ALL THE WAY!

44. JLC says:

That was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. I’m terribly disappointed.

45. Glee Fanatic says:

Anyone else wondering where Mercedes and Sam are ? o.O

46. miguelino88 says:

Es cierto! I mean, that’s right =P… They have to translate it and make it sound good at the same time!! Anyway, I just don’t like this song, even though it’s Glee and Ricky Martin…

47. linda says:

RICKY DOES HAVE A GOOD VOICE! BUT THIS CERTAINLY DOESN’T SHOW IT OFF!! GLEE COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM A 100 BETTER SONGS TO SING!!! well at least I’m going to see Damian for a second this week!! Oh and someone commented on why is Sugar still there, UNFORTUNATELY I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO PAIR HER UP WITH RORY, MAYBE–UGH!!

48. mscanonymous-ized says:

I don’t know if it’s me or Cory Monteith gives a whole new definition to sexy – impotent sexy!

• youknow says:

I feel sorry for you to be disrespectful like that. Your opinion. But there are lots of Cory fans out in fandom world who think otherwise. Congrads to Cory for being picked up by the top entertainment agency UTA. The premiere agency who handle the top artists of their craft.
      No he’s sexy and he knows it. Finn and Rachel both know it too.
      I’m rooting for you, Cory.