Glee First Look Video: Watch Ricky Martin and New Directions Perform 'Sexy and I Know It'

Get More: First Look, Video

Pop quiz: What do you get when you cross Ricky Martin and LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It”? One of Glee‘s most energetic and entertaining covers to date — and the proof is in the embedded video player below.

Glee Mystery: Who is Stephen?!

In Tuesday’s all-new Glee, McKinley High’s new Spanish teacher — played by the Latin pop sensation and sometime actor — leads New Directions in a Spanglish-ized version of the recent No. 1 smash. And man, does it ever work (out).
Press play below and then hit the comments with thoughts (bonus points to those whose reactions are expressed entirely in chatspeak).

Loading video...

Want more Glee scoop/spoilers? Follow @MichaelAusiello on Twitter

Comments (187)

• I think this is awesomeeeee! I am so so excited for this episode. Yay glee Yay ricky martin!! YAYYYY

Comment by Gleek! – February 2, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like… I love Ricky Martin!

Comment by angel agustiniano – February 2, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ricky Martin *sigh. I love that Rory gets to dance with him!

Comment by Rory Fan – February 2, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE IT!
    Didn’t know it was possible to love Ricky Martin more than I did, but there you go.
    It just feels really natural that he’s on Glee, and not at all like anything we saw in season 2, where the big parade of stars almost never fit in. But this feels right. I’m really loving the tone-down of the celeb guest-stars this year on Glee, but I do love it when, once in a while, someone as awesome as Ricky comes along….

Comment by Karen – February 2, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was the worst

Comment by Nuggetman – February 2, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHH FINN! I’m dieing!! :DDD

Comment by Brittany – February 2, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I died too. Drooling over Ricky(David) and Finn. Loved that body roll. Yes, since Finn and Rachel are sexpots now Finn is really feeling sexy. He seemed to want to be out there feeling the music. Rachel wanted him to go have fun. Looks like they all did.

Comment by Shelley – February 4, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!! I saw Ricky Martin in concert many moons ago!! He was hot then, HES HOT NOW!!! I am in Glee Heaven!! One of fav…Gleek moments…cant freakin wait!

Comment by Melinda – February 2, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for a gay guy ricky has the sexyness

Comment by brooke Bosse – February 2, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE IT!!i love the spanish inserts…
    fun and definitely sexy

Comment by ash – February 2, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it and it looks like Damien has been working on his dance moves. I still want to know when is Samuel, the other winner of the glee project going to be on the show.

Comment by Teresa – February 2, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DamiAn is improving (: and I heard that Samuels going to be starting his 7 episodes with the Valentines Day show

Comment by Anne – February 2, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the “passion in my pants” did Mike Chang really motion what I thought he did from the chair? Wha? I wonder if the show can get in trouble for that.

Comment by Melvin – February 2, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was at 1:40. Wow.

Comment by Melvin – February 2, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Saw that too. That was his body roll. A look of hesitancy on Mike’s face. Should I do this in public?

Comment by youknow – February 4, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HORRIBLE. SICK. DISGUSTING.

Comment by gcuaiv – February 2, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • simply; RICKY “es SEXY Y LO SABE”. me muero por ver ese episodio en LATINOAMERICA. (O.o) genial¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ ?:^D

Comment by famerica181280 – February 2, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RORY’S DANCE. ’nuff said. <3

Comment by ms mcginty :D – February 2, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Damian Criss and no Chris Colpher in this clip. Wassup wit dat?

Comment by michael – February 2, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love it

Comment by amy Gulizia – February 2, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG people, stop whining! Either you like Glee or you don’t. And if you don’t then why take the time to comment on a Glee post. Shut up or get out! :-/ BTW, love Glee and love all the work they put into it. Grow up!

Comment by Sheryl – February 2, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree to that. It amazes me how these trolls who HATE GLEE SO come into these specific Glee topics just to spread their hate. If I don’t like a topic I don’t enter there. I have better things to do with my life. I feel sorry for people who have nothing but negativity to share and to spoil fun for oth

Comment by Shelley – February 4, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi

Comment by Tom – February 2, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMAO.. WTF.
    Seriously though, Ricky has held up well. Lookin good, papi!
    This is not showcasing any singing though.

Comment by Danielle H – February 2, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why Sugar Motta still exists…

Comment by Diana – February 2, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was terrible. The half Spanish half English thing is awful and the vocals aren’t even that good. I was looking forward to Ricky Martin, but not anymore if this is what it will be like

Comment by Andrew – February 2, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more. I love Glee, but sometimes the things they perform just aren’t anywhere near what they are capable of. Ricky blew this one big time.

Comment by JLC – February 3, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The song was ok, maybe it will be better when we know what context it’s being sang in…
    Also need to say it….Artie needs a makeover…
    New clothes, better glasses or contacts, get rid of the Bieber hair for crying out loud!!! His “look” is getting old, its unoriginal and no longer unique. I think the guy is a good singer and does add to the show but as a character he annoys me. He needs some better storylines.

Comment by Tasha – February 2, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn. Kurt got laid, and it shows. Look at him be all extroverted and crap. >:D

Comment by Jojo – February 2, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “most energetic and entertaining covers to date”? This show has gotten so bad. I’m not that far out of high school and the kids I went to school with weren’t nearly as sexed-out (“passion in my pants”) as the “kids” on Glee. What a ridiculous show this has turned in to. It’s almost like it’s descended into self-parody if I didn’t know they were still taking themselves very seriously.

Comment by Hunter – February 2, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Loveless – no ring yet perhaps because no-one knows yet except Rachel, Finn and Quinn? hmmm…

Comment by GLEEKness – February 2, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never thought I would say this because I’m not a fan of the show, but I just Ricky Martin’d my pants.

Comment by S – February 2, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh. Beside the absence of Tina, Mercedes and Sam (obv. everyone knows where Blaine is by now), it was like someone was having a seizure shooting that – I was trying to watch Mike and Brittany dance, and instead the scene kept cutting.
    And that wasn’t exactly a ‘Spanish’ version of a song. It was at least 85% english.

Comment by Lexie – February 2, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is Sam? He should have been in this performance for sure!!

Comment by suzie – February 2, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ricky….. YOu ARE sexy and I KNOW it!

Comment by Amy – February 2, 2012 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pedo-Will seemed a bit extreme in this song.

Comment by Emily – February 2, 2012 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ricky Martin’s crotch grab was way more pedo than anything Mr. Schue has ever done.

Comment by Kayla – February 3, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it but i was mostly destracted by ricky wow he is HOT!!!

Comment by Heather – February 2, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t like it! Can you say “auto tuned”? I mean, even more auto tuned than the original! Does seem like the subs could be potential child molesters, but I still liked all of Gwyneth Paltrow’s songs WAYYYYYY BETTER than this!

Comment by Jayne – February 2, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Glee, best show on TV wish it was on every night! AND I love Ricky Martin I can’t wait to see the show, I wish he would switch teams LOL

Comment by Debbi – February 3, 2012 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Debbi Feel the same way. Can’t wait for next Tuesday.

Comment by youknow – February 4, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is play

Comment by Steven – February 3, 2012 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i stopped watching glee after episode 4 of this season, i frequently check on the articles about hoping theres something that makes me get back to it, but this super silly video and choreography just confirms that i made a good choice moving on other entertainment options, bye Glee, season one was great.

Comment by andres – February 3, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yo hablo español, así que cállense, el español es mejor que el ingles

Comment by KALG – February 3, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Lara – February 3, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ricky Martin is so sexy!! Mr. Shue is the opposite of sexy in this vid , Glee is getting better every episode in this season, can´t wait to see this one

Comment by Mary – February 3, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh, teachers aren’t supposed to be sexy. Of course Mr. Schue is the opposite of sexy.

Comment by Shanda – February 3, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just LOVE this! I think that’s awesome that their singing that song which I love, and that hot hot hot sexy man, Le Entrega todo ese saber latino que tiene! jaja :D Me encanta!, and the finn dancing make mi laugh a lot! jajaja he’s great C:

Comment by Coni – February 3, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Speaking as a Mexican guy studying in America, I HATE this version of Ricky Martin, i think Ryan is just casting “people i have wet dreams with” and not because of their talents, but anyways i’ve never liked ricky so maybe that’s why i’m thinking this. I just couldnt go through the whole clip, it was very very bad, and i am starting to dislike glee even tho i was a hard core fan.

Comment by Fher – February 3, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a huge fan of the original song so naturally, I’m not too fond of this performance. I certainly hope Ricky has more songs in this episode cuz this doesn’t really showcase his talent, only his deliciousness.

Comment by Marcus – February 3, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me, or was the timing off a bit while they were singing? Sometimes their mouth wasn’t matching the words.

Comment by erika – February 3, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may be my least favorite song Glee has every done. This was just horrible in my book…

Comment by Michelle – February 3, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • holy crap ricky’s hot… to bad he’s gay… on the other hand… KURT TOTALLY HAS A CRUSH ON HIM!! this is gonna be interesting! BUT KLAINE ALL THE WAY!

Comment by Em – February 3, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. I’m terribly disappointed.

Comment by JLC – February 3, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else wondering where Mercedes and Sam are ? o.O

Comment by Glee Fanatic – February 3, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Es cierto! I mean, that’s right =P… They have to translate it and make it sound good at the same time!! Anyway, I just don’t like this song, even though it’s Glee and Ricky Martin…

Comment by miguelino88 – February 3, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RICKY DOES HAVE A GOOD VOICE! BUT THIS CERTAINLY DOESN’T SHOW IT OFF!! GLEE COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM A 100 BETTER SONGS TO SING!!! well at least I’m going to see Damian for a second this week!! Oh and someone commented on why is Sugar still there, UNFORTUNATELY I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO PAIR HER UP WITH RORY, MAYBE–UGH!!

Comment by linda – February 3, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if it’s me or Cory Monteith gives a whole new definition to sexy – impotent sexy!

Comment by mscanonymous-ized – February 4, 2012 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel sorry for you to be disrespectful like that. Your opinion. But there are lots of Cory fans out in fandom world who think otherwise. Congrads to Cory for being picked up by the top entertainment agency UTA. The premiere agency who handle the top artists of their craft.
      No he’s sexy and he knows it. Finn and Rachel both know it too.
      I’m rooting for you, Cory.

Comment by youknow – February 4, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post