Glee First Look Video: Watch Ricky Martin and New Directions Perform 'Sexy and I Know It'

Pop quiz: What do you get when you cross Ricky Martin and LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It”? One of Glee‘s most energetic and entertaining covers to date — and the proof is in the embedded video player below.

Glee Mystery: Who is Stephen?!

In Tuesday’s all-new Glee, McKinley High’s new Spanish teacher — played by the Latin pop sensation and sometime actor — leads New Directions in a Spanglish-ized version of the recent No. 1 smash. And man, does it ever work (out).
Press play below and then hit the comments with thoughts (bonus points to those whose reactions are expressed entirely in chatspeak).

Loading video...

Want more Glee scoop/spoilers? Follow @MichaelAusiello on Twitter

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: First Look, Video

1. jim says:

So this is basically Gwyneth Paltrow with testosterone. Got it.

• Castle Lover says:

With all due respect, Gwyneth Paltrow is no Ricky Martin.

• STW says:

Pretty much what I thought; it’s like a revamp of “Do You Wanna Touch Me” with a different person substituted in as the guest teacher. Hoping there’s some great story stuff in there, because what I’ve seen so far just looks like Glee descending into silliness and wasting an opportunity to build on the ratings climbs of the past two weeks. But they’ve been doing mostly good episodes recently (with the exception of the fail of messing up the Christmas ep by keeping the full 15 minutes of the black & white part), so I’m doing my best to trust that this episode will be good, too, even if it looks like the music and much of the teacher-centered stories are going to be let-downs.

• Lill says:

This. It’s still fun to watch, but at the same time it’s like they’re not even trying any more.

• ptig78 says:

I disagree with the comment about the Christmas episode. I thought that it was a very classy move imitating some of the Christmas specials from the mid 1900s.
        In regards to the upcoming episode with Ricky Martin, I’ll be interested to see how the character/plot unfolds….and more importantly, how Rachel is going to break the news of her Finalist letter from NYADA.

• yep says:

I totally disagree. After the xmas epi aired there were many wh0 totally disliked it I was 1 of them. This episode is a transition episode to move the story lines forward-xmas was absolutely pointless just xmas music filled-no story lines. This episode there is a shocker revealed unknown what it may be. But Will and Sue fight over 1 tenure teaching placement where he fins he is lacking in things. I think a possibility not for sure but Will’s decisions affect his future. Like Quinn’s reveal last episode. So IMO this episode is full of transitional plotlines for many characters. Rachel’s telling Kurt and Mercedes about the Finchel engagement.
          There are different spoilers out there that suggest this episode really can change things to lead into the Heart or Valentine episode.
          I have to admit I cannot wait for the fun of Spanish Teacher and the ensuing episodes. Since there will be a 7 week hiatus after the RRegionals episode Glee will fill these next few with lots to think about and enjoy. I’ve read the last 6 or so episodes will be darker and sadder. Could be because of story lines or that decisions are made about several of the cast members staying or leaving- after all it’s their senior year.
          And to say again, I love these story lines for Glee this season. Some better than others but their more mature and thinking more adult thoughts than what kids think about. Future Adult issues.

• chan says:

is there ever an appropriate teacher/student relationship on this show? Or is it just the spanish teachers that cross the line?

• not needed says:

That was awful!

• Ericky says:

Wait, you mean with less testosterone, right?

• Vanessa says:

Ericky- the gay comment has no place. Just because he is gay does not mean he has no testoterone and therefore not a man. Get your mind out of the 1800’s.

• shanna says:

loved it.it was funny and I like the rickys voice for the song.

2. joterri says:

I zumba to that song!!!!

3. SL says:

Lol gr8 imho

4. Jacqi says:

OMG!!!!!! I…I… don’t know what to say!!!!!

• randy says:

agreed, the spanish bits ruined it for me.

• Kelly says:

Agreed. Did not like it. Addition of Spanish ruined it, and he doesn’t really have the voice to cover this song.

• Dave says:

Umm… I’ve never watched an episode of glee before but this video made me glad I don’t.

• sky says:

If you don’t like Glee or watch it then why come to this forum and say anything. Go away. Seek out what interests you and post your comment there.

• Nina says:

Cause maybe the person just likes Ricky Martin and so he happens to be on a Glee episode! I dont watch it either and I agree with Dave! Gigigigigi pulease lol

• beachman86 says:

well said! I’m still not clear why average garden variety critics choose to endure content that is not appealing to them. Even MORE puzzling is why said critic would invest time to offer their unwelcome and fruitless comments. Small minds criticize. Expansive minds seek to enjoy this experience called life…. Everyone gets to choose and surprisingly both consume the same amount of energy yet clearly yield different life experiences.

5. Kelley says:

LOVE IT!

6. Taylor says:

O.O
    I need to think about Beiste after this.

7. rush says:

sorry no text speak :S
    this is by far the funniest, coolest, most awsomest version of this song(which is awsome to begin with) i’ve seen. and i will forever lust after ricky(even if he dont like my gender in that way) this was sooo hot, the spanish lyrics made it better!!!!

8. aftvjunkie says:

OHH Amazing !! Ricky Martin is TOO SEXY !! Suga Motta doin a push -up was just hilarious
    BUT one thing i did notice was JENNA Ushkowitz was M.I.A from this performance and i also noticed she was M.I.A from the second half of the “Michael” Episode … is there something we should know Michael Ausiello … ???

9. Lostapuck says:

Where’s Tina, Mercedes & Sam? Hmmmm….

10. LEE says:

I AM PREGNANT.

11. Michael says:

“Soy sexy y los sabes” isn’t a good translation of “I’m sexy and *I* know it” but whatever. xD

12. Loveless says:

Hot hmmm but no ring on Rachel’s fingers maybe she changed her mind. Love her reactions to Ricky though. I think my teenage crush just returned.
    Explain the box???

13. andre says:

soy sexy los sabes no but soy sexy y lo sabes is correct.

• IC says:

“Soy sexy y lo sabes” means I’m sexy and YOU know it. The words are I’m sexy and I know it. The correct translation is “Soy sexy y lo sé”

• Ar2 says:

It sounds horrible if you say “Soy sexy y lo se”. Translated songs are never translated word by word.

• Castle Lover says:

Anyone who is bilingual knows that not much can be translated literally, especially songs. “Soy sexy y lo se” doesn’t sound nearly as good as “soy sexy y lo sabes”.

• Sari says:

That’s right!!
          “Soy sexy y lo sé” doesn’t rhyme at all.
          I think this episode is going to be hilarious.
          I love Ricky being silly. Actually, I love Ricky being anything.
          I wished Blaine had been in this episode but I guess my heart is grateful that he isn’t because I think it wouldn’t be able to resist so many hot guys on screen at the same time.
          (Poor Mr. Shue. Not only his Spanish is failing… his sexiness level too! ^^)

14. Beth says:

Artie would have done it better.

15. Steph says:

LOVE the spanish flavor

16. Maggie says:

OMG! Not liking the way Kurt is looking at him. KLAINE! But i swear i died of laughter so awesome!

17. Christine says:

Is anyone else quite creeped out that the teachers at this school have no boundaries when it comes to student teacher relations

• soy sexy y lo sabes says:

whole way through I was thinking isn’t this song inappropriate. Then got distracted by the dancing and accent.
      Hate the original version of this song but add Ricky Martin and some Spanish. Hot Damn soy sexy y lo sabes

• Roni Kaye says:

Uhm, this is not a real school.. it is a show…. it is entertaining, the music is always good- and this was good. It does not “creep me out” since it is not real. If you are looking for intellectually stimulating entertainment, you will need to find something else to watch. This show is just candy.
      The whole “boundaries with students” thing pales in comparison to how Sue Sylvester treats everyone- but again, it’s just fun…. lighten up.

• Josh says:

That’s right. When it comes to Glee, no thinking required. Your defense of the show proves how terrible it truly is.

• sky says:

So true. Just undeniable candy. The boundaries with students logic is to literal for Glee. Not real life. As you said look at all the shananigans that Sue does to people. Throwing people down stairs, trip people into falling down stairs, running for office using a campaign filled with nothing but gossip and inuendo, defamed and bully fellow teachers and students. Glee takes liberty with this type of extreme and over the top BS to expose it with parody. LOL. It’s all in fun. Laughter cures all ills the saying goes.

18. K says:

TV LIne will you please see why glee is d so DARK???? Can th eynot pay the light bill??
    Anyway thanks and Ricky……hotter as he gets older.

19. JEN says:

YEAH! I am behind this guest appearance 100%. I don’t think I ever liked Ricky Martin until he came out. He just seems so fun, free, and happy. A good fit for Glee.

20. Joey says:

Love this, but his lip-syncing is a bit off. Also, I have no idea why thery would pick this song for him. He can sing way better, WTF!

21. bandanajack says:

did i just see kurt throw his legs up in the air??? (clutching my pearls).

22. Jake says:

Este hombre es DEMASIADO sexy. Lo amo. He tenido la oportunidad de verlo en vivo y es espectacular, sobre todo cuando sale sin camisa ;)

23. patty says:

Wow I love Ricky Martin! He translates the song ” I´m sexy and you know it”, and for me Its better than the original lirics! :) it´s like he in making an affirmation! can´t wait for the episode to air!

24. Chelle says:

Santana was right about Finn. He’s as sexy as a cabbage patch kid. Don’t know about Cory, but Finn Hudson has got NO game!! Great song! REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT!!!

• Rory Fan says:

So true! Finn = opposite of sexy. Favorite performance was “girls just wanna have fun” He wasn’t trying to be sexy and he wasn’t dancing thank goodness. No more body rolls. Ever.

• sky says:

Finn Keep them coming handsome. You’re hot and sexy no matter what people may say. I’ll watch you anytime. Rachel was cat calling you, Finn.

25. Anna says:

OMG, I love it. I hope we see more of Rory, in this one.

• Bad Breaker says:

Hasn’t Rory had his 7 episodes? Sure seems like it and he’s had zero to do the last few. Where’s Samuel, the other winner? I thought each was to get a 7 episode arc.

• Emily says:

His stay was extended… likely because his story has gone nowhere thus far. But clearly he’s having the time of his life, lines or not.

26. Daisy says:

Anyone else majorly creeped out by Schue in this video? He is the opposite of sexy.

• Schuester says:

Totally. He was totally checking out all the moves in a majorly creep-o fashion.

• Lana says:

Actually I was creeped out more by David. He grabbed his crotch and strutted around while singing “I’m sexy and I know it” while the kids did a bunch of overly sexualized moves. Schue looked dorky not creepy.

27. Wendy says:

I think I just died and went to Glee heaven….HOT!!!!!!!!!

28. psn says:

im gonna watch this.<3

29. marie says:

eeeeh it sounded a little off,with the spanish and the off tones.
    dont really like it….buut the dancing was pretty hot and funny.
    is it me or is glee putting waay more songs in an episode??
    it used to be 2 or three…now five :[ or more sad to say i fast forward the show now.

30. Christopher says:

This sucked. Nothing can beat this week’s Glee episode.

31. Karla says:

This is hilarious! :)

32. Nikole says:

OMG!!!! SPEECHLESS!!

33. Lyceliz says:

I LOVE IT PLUS HES 100% BORICUA FROM MY COUNTRY BABY, WE BORICUAS ARE ON TOP! LOVE U RICKY <3

34. Zayre says:

….currently halfway between highly amused and disturbed. Also, feeling so bad for Kurt right now.

35. Delia says:

I like that they have a Spanish teacher who actually knows Spanish. Mr. Schue is suppose to be a Spanish teacher, but I have never seen him speak Spanish. Oh Ricky … soooo hot!!!!!!!!!!

36. Raven Belladonna says:

OMFG HSFH!!!!! I <3 HIM SOOO F***G MUCH!!!!!!

37. candles says:

that was great! I loved it :)

38. Glen Apostol says:

wow! that’s amazing! :)

39. Evelyne says:

FINN! hahahah :D <3 oh Ricky I love you!

40. rachel says:

Darren was in H2$, therefore, will be missing from the next two episodes.

41. anita25018 says:

DEFINITIVAMENTE RICKY MARTIN…..ES SEXY Y LO SABE…..ES PERFECTO…=)

42. Luz says:

Se le nota el sabor a Ricky, si que lo ES SEXY!!
    I liked, so good this video!

43. javier says:

este capitulo va a ser genial!!!! no puedo esperar a verlo jhajajaja this chapter will be great!! I can not wait to see LOL

44. hello kitty says:

Oh I just love love love Finn doing the bodyroll! LMAO!

45. Adriana says:

This was pretty cool! Can’t wait for the episode! So exciting!

46. monieeconrad says:

FAIL . . . totally!! I don’t like it at all . . .Ricky Martin is hot but . . SPANGLISH? ( like mexicans say, Im from Mexico by the way) . . . it’s not ok . . . I prefer see Puck or Sam singing Im sexy and I know it

47. passionate pants says:

“I got passion in my pants, and I ain’t afraid to show it.” These teachers really have no boundaries, do they?

48. MaggieMay says:

This. is. AMAZING!! Rory <3

49. NSH says:

Wasn’t that excited about this episode (though Ricky Martin is totally hot), but this performance is really hilarious. :D Looking forward to the episode now for sure!
    Only thing that bugs me about this is the editing, which is just awful in places. :<