ABC Family Renews Secret Life, Picks Up New Comedy and Reality Series

ABC Family has renewed The Secret Life of the American Teenager for a fifth season.

The pickup makes the teen drama starring recent Golden Globe nominee Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) the longest-running show in the cabler’s history.

Season 4.5 of Secret Life debuts Monday, March 26 at 8/7c, followed by the Season 3 premiere of Make It or Break It.

ABC Family Ponders New Life for Chloe King

In the name of fresh fare, ABC Family has picked up Beverly Hills Nannies, which is a reality series, and Baby Daddy, a comedy about a guy (yet to be cast) who must raise a baby girl with the help of his brother (90210‘s Derek Theler) and friends (JONAS‘ Chelsea Kane and The Game‘s Tahj Mowry) after his ex leaves the child on his doorstep.

Lastly, Tori Spelling and Tia Mowry have been cast in the 25 Days of Christmas movie The Mistle-Tones.

1. TheReasonsY says:

Screw that what about PLL and LG they are the only shows worth watching on that network.

• Ed says:

PLL has already been renewed for Season 3. Unfortunately there has been no mention of LG yet, HOWEVER. From what I am seeing it’s getting stellar ratings following PLL, so I wouldn’t be surprised if LG is renewed and paired up with PLL again.

2. evab says:

Any updates on their other pilots “Bunheads” or “Intercept”? They legitimately sounded interesting and then there’s Amy Palladino’s involvement being there and all.

• Lambsilencer says:

The press release states that this announcement is “the first portion” of ABC Family’s programming slate. There will be more to come. I do hope that “Intercept” is still in contention. It sounds like a great concept, and you can never go wrong with the talented Danielle Panabaker.

3. Aline says:

And what about Jane by Design? :( Hoped it get a back up order!

• Chrissy says:

That show lacks so much, I was bored to death after the first two episodes. The rest of the Family channel shows are so much better!

4. Angela says:

Derek Theler is also starring in “Baby Daddy”. He is the one I’m excited to see

5. Carla says:

I really hope Make it or Break it has a great third season! I’d love to see more, but I could also understand if they end it at the Olympics. But if they do, I want a spectacular final season!

6. Samantha says:

I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t go on longer after this new pickup or if they get a new cast. Shailene is too talented for that crap show!

7. Tay says:

Shouldn’t Secret Life be cancelled do to the lead actress’s raising film career?

8. ggny says:

i doubt Shailene returns

• Sam says:

She will return, she already said so in interview, she talked about her contract again for two years..anyway while filming this show she will stimm have time to make good movies..but i don’t mind Secret Life, yeah it is bad on so many levels but it is also funny, and fun to watch..maybe in a so bad it’s good kind of way, moreover Amy/Ricky are cute and have great chemistry for a teen soap couple, can’t wait to watch their story continue..

9. Amely says:

One of this pilot sound an awful lot like raising home.

10. Mayra says:

I don’t know how Secret Life keeps getting renewed. I’ve stopped watching it on season 3, I think. Has it gotten any better? I miss Ashley, and only Ashley.

11. Dot says:

That show is so dumb now I loved it in the beginning bt I rather watch teen mom real drama and mess lol I really hope switched at birth gets another season that show is so good!

12. paula says:

What about The Lying Game, is so good.

13. Jake says:

Yeah, Baby Daddy does sound like Raising Hope.

14. mia says:

I love secret life! I think it is really good and funny! I haven’t missed a season or episode!! I have to dvr it if I am going to miss it!! I also like switched a birth. Those 2 are my favorite.

15. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and amusing,
    and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is an issue that too few men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy I stumbled across this during my search for something relating to this.