Revenge Hot Shots: Murder and Mystery at Emily and Daniel's Engagement Party!

ABC’s Revenge has your perfect Valentine’s Day antidote — an engagement party that ends in murder. And we’ve got a first look at the much-anticipated episode, airing Feb. 15.
After months of betrayal, scheming and lying, we’re back to where it all began with the pilot’s Fire & Ice engagement party for Emily and Daniel… and one dead body in the sand. But is it really the Graysons’ golden boy who’s on the receiving end of that bullet? While Daniel is alive and kicking at Victoria’s fete in the following photos, he is missing from the shot of everyone standing on the beach in shock.
(For any out there still insisting the Revenge pilot’s flashbacks already revealed Daniel as the actual victim, that’s simply not true. Connor Paolo, whose Declan makes the grim discovery, even confirmed for us that Charlotte never got a look at the body before she started screaming her brother’s name, eliciting panic from her mother.)

Revenge Scoop: Rome Star to Romance Victoria

Speaking of Charlotte, elsewhere in this slideshow she is chatting with Emily and Nolan — which doesn’t bode well for her mother’s sake — and Emily’s got her revenging phone out, which never bodes well for anyone.
Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the murder mystery.

Tags: ,

Comments (36)

• Please be Daniel! Please show, have the guts to make it Daniel. If the dead body on the beach isn’t someone of major importance to several of the characters on the show, then this whole build-up is going to be a gigantic fizzle. The dead body should be a game changer, and its simply not going to be that if its a throwaway character like Tyler, for instance.

Comment by Valerie – February 1, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I SO AGREE! I hope they have the balls to make it be Daniel… it needs to be someone people actually care about dying. Also, I would love it if fake Amanda was the killer. My theory – fake Amanda shoots Daniel, then Jack finds the gun and body while he’s looking for her. Silly and contrived, yes, but good tv anyway. I hope it’s not a complete letdown.

Comment by lisa – February 1, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Charlotte is holding a pill bottle in her hand when she’s talking to Nolan. Think it’s Tyler’s?! Betting it’s him dead on the beach.
    2. Why is Ashley wearing brown Uggs with her red dress on the beach?

Comment by Liz – February 1, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “…Charlotte takes desperate measures to soothe the pain of her family’s betrayal..” ….maybe the pills actually are Charlottes…and she is trying to blackmail somebody with them..

Comment by kateshomesick – February 1, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally noticed the Uggs too! Maybe because it is easier to sneak around the beach and shoot someone wearing them instead of heals?

Comment by GeoDiva – February 1, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still holding on to my theory that Real!Emily shoots Tyler. Daniel must live!

Comment by Sally – February 1, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And if that happens, who is going to care? How is that some big, monumental event, or how is that going to launch a murder trial that is supposed to be the centerpiece of the 2nd half of the season?

Comment by Valerie – February 1, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um…usually murders result in trials, so I don’t see why the death of a minor character couldn’t launch the trial. And, it isn’t Emily’s MO to kill those characters upon whom she’s sworn revenge. It’s her MO to, perhaps, kill off a peripheral character and plant evidence of blame on those people who she wants to suffer. I don’t imagine that the DEATH will be a major character but I do believe that a major character will take the fall for the death. I’m not sure why so many people are demanding the death of a major character. If you’ve been paying attention to this show, you’d probably know that death would be too quick a punishment.

Comment by michael – February 1, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really had to squint my eyes, while wearing glasses, but is that not Daniel on the far right of the picture.

Comment by Martin – February 1, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I thought too.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – February 2, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, the last picture.

Comment by Martin – February 1, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it strange that I’m more concerned how all the ladies managed to wear the same shade of red?

Comment by Fabulousallofthetime – February 1, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe a really especific dress code?

Comment by John – February 1, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • in the pilot the party’s theme is “fire and ice” i think so that’s why the women are wearing red and the men white. I think, anyway.

Comment by Joey – February 2, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My favorite part is that Nolan chose to wear red as well. ;)

Comment by Liz – February 1, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Daniel’s character and would be sad to see him dead but honestly it better be him. That’s the kind of writing that makes a series last and the gut wrenching everyone needs to keep Revenge going, it’ll add more layers for every character and deeper motivations!

Comment by Paul – February 1, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! Killing Daniel effects everyone on the canvas in a profound way. It provides motivation.
      But honestly, as much as I hope otherwise, I suspect the show doesn’t have the guts, and instead is more focused on its “love triangle” then really going b*lls to the wall with their writing.

Comment by Valerie – February 1, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Charlotte never got a look at the body before she started screaming her brother’s name, eliciting panic from her mother.)”
    Charlotte could be screaming Daniel’s name as a cry for him to come and help her in a time of great panic, not as identification of the body as Daniel.
    I wonder if the person in question is Conrad?

Comment by Andrea – February 1, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Look at the last picture…it’s not Conrad dead

Comment by Michelle – February 2, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m with the people hoping the body is actually daniel! but i bet the show wouldn’t have the guts to go there. which is why i watch cable shows. bleh…

Comment by jess – February 1, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any chance the body on the beach is David Clarke? “Revenge” likes its twist and turns after all! I think they want us going into the episode thinking it’s Daniel on the beach so that it will be more surprising to find out that it’s actually someone else. We don’t have any definitive proof that David Clarke died in prison do we? Also, considering that Daniel thinks David Clarke raped Victoria, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to think that Daniel would want to kill David if he were still alive (revenge!). Imagine the after effects (more revenge!) What is this show called? Oh yeah… REVENGE! *muah ha ha*

Comment by Brittney – February 1, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the first blogger. I hope ABC does kill of Daniel. I like the character don’t get me wrong, but killing Daniel is perfect. IF it is Daniel I bet Emily had nothing to do with it….Amanda did it,,,,now that would be gutsy and great.

Comment by joterri – February 1, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the last picture, all of them reunited looking at the dead body? I agree with the previous comments, I hope it ends up really being Daniel as it would be a gutsy and out there.

Comment by Gerald – February 1, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think that it was Daniel because, upon hearing the news, Emily was not at all upset and, by that point, she was very fond of Daniel.

Comment by helen – February 1, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the best part about Nolan’s outfit is how he manages to wear both red and white. For a character who apparently straddles the line between both sexual identities, it’s a hilarious detail, that I hope Emily notes to him in the episode.

Comment by J James – February 1, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Daniel is not the person killed on the beach. Since everyone suspects it is him I think it would nuch more interesting to be someone else. He is part of the Grayson family and there could be many more storylines for him. I, along with quite a few people who watch it with me,really like Daniel and enjoy watching him. First of all,the actor who plays Jack talks in a low monotone voice and has no charisma whatsoever, is creepy and is to old for Emily. Declan is a terrible actor with a horrible accent (trying to be a big shot but failing miserably) and we could cae less about them. IF Daniel is the one leaving, who is connected to so many people on the show and we are left with Jack and Declan we will be done with the show. To bad Declan couldn’t be the on who shot Jack thinking he was Daniel and then they both could be gone from the show, that would have made the show interesting.

Comment by Lee Ann – February 1, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping it’s Tyler,dressed as Daniel, who is dead on the beach. Killer to be revealed later.

Comment by Amy – February 1, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, please don’t it be Daniel. I love the character. I won’t mind if it’s St. David Clarke (can’t stand him) or Tyler Twhom I love).

Comment by nikki – February 2, 2012 03:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t it be Declan? The most annoying character on the show.

Comment by Michelle – February 2, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will be Tyler, based on the suspect pool. There are so many people that would have reason to want to shoot him. The investigation, arrest and subsequent trial are where his death brings on a ‘game changer’. Daniel’s too important to Emily’s revenge plans to kill him off. Marrying him and turning him against his mother, only to dump and destroy him later (if she’s able to go through with it) are the end goal.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – February 2, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although my choice for the dead body would be Daniel, I think it will be Tyler (Ashton Holmes is guest-starring in the episode); with Daniel as the guy who presumably shot him; hence the big trial in the 2nd half of the season.

Comment by Maddie – February 2, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet Tyler is killed and they arrest Daniel for the murder. That would explain the prior spoiler that Victoria and Emily/Amanda will join forces to solve some kind of mystery — likely to find the real murderer so Daniel isn’t convicted.

Comment by Felicity – February 2, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone pay attention to real Amenda Clark shaking off sand from her elbow? She was on the beach!

Comment by Safrani – February 6, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the looks of Conrad, I don’t think it’s his son lying dead on the beach – he kind of looks surprised/disgusted but not shocked or really sad (as a father would). Seeing Ashley’s face doesn’t make me think it’s Tyler either. Emily kind of looks as if she’s really sad about it, but it could be her acting because people are watching so… might not be Daniel either. I don’t remember the first episode, are we positive the dead body belongs to a man? It could be faux-manda otherwise…

Comment by hmmmm – February 15, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where was the grandfather? I dont like it that the victim is not Daniel.

Comment by chros – February 15, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it could be Tyler because he has the closest look to Daniel on the add where someone is shot.

Comment by Darcy – May 2, 2012 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post