Gossip Girl Exclusive First Look: Dan and Blair Take Flight (or Do They?) in Episode 101!

Gossip Girl‘s runaway princess bride has landed!
We’ve got your exclusive first look at next week’s episode of the CW sudser, which picks up right where Monday’s 100th installment left off — with Dan chauffeuring a newly-married Blair away from her wedding reception from hell. Where did he take her? To the airport, of course!
As executive producer Josh Safran previously teased, the on-location shoot “was a really complicated, but super fun, big, great set piece” that yields “some of the best comedy we’ve ever done. [It's] very funny.”
A few quick takeaways from the gallery below: The princess and her pauper face an uphill battle reaching their final destination, Blair must really be in a bad place if she’s augmenting her wardrobe at an airport gift shop, and this episode is already well on its way to being our favorite GG hour of the season.
Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Blair’s honeymoon at the (apologies in advance) Dairport.

Comments (176)

• Dairport needs to become a thing asap. I’m so glad the writers finally are ready to dive into Dan/Blair. It took them long enough!

Comment by alaina – February 1, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks, Ausiello, for recognizing good drama. This story is the only thing GG has going for it right now. They need to run with the smart & lovely storyline that is Dair if they they want this show to remain at all respectable. Can’t wait for next week!

Comment by Kate – February 1, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if chair fans coming here to comment is funny….then why do i always see dair comments on chair articles and even videos!??? Hypocrites yet again. -_-

Comment by sophie – February 1, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Dair gets people exited while no one has cared for SEAT since 2009. I don’t blame them, even seat know that Dair is the future!

Comment by DictatorOfTaste – February 1, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “SEAT” lol will you people please stop trying to be clever? you’re not good at it.

Comment by lana – February 1, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someones needs to call you on your delusion, but we use canonical evidence. We’re trying to actually help you, you know. One day, you’ll thank us for it.

Comment by Chair Recycler! – February 1, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really enjoy Dan and Blair together. Stopped watching full episodes last year, but continued to watch the Dair scenes. May actually start watching again if they continue to feature Dan and Blair. Their scenes are adding a freshness to the show! Can’t wait for Monday (who says that?!?)

Comment by Kelly – February 1, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they using the newspaper as ID? LOL, DB together are great fun to watch, lets hope we lose none of that when they get together.

Comment by Danielle – February 1, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be my favorite GG episode EVER! Please let them be romantic with one another. They are more than friends!!! DAIR TO THE END!!!!!!! I have not stopped and will not stop daring to DAIR!

Comment by Emily – February 1, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im with you! DAIR TO THE END ♥

Comment by valeria – February 1, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stop being so ignorant, Chair fans. I’m a Chair supporter, but this seems like it will be really funny. BLAIR in a hoodie and “I <3 NY" shirt!!! Imagine what humor that is going to bring. The show is not good to watch if it was Chair 100%. We all know who Blair loves, without a doubt. The Dair relationship brings a new aspect to the show that Chair doesnt provide.

Comment by Erica – February 1, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heart Dan shirts must have been sold out :(

Comment by Elaine – February 1, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that’s nice and all but WHY Chuck and Blair are not use for comedy anymore? It’s been a year! Enough with all this CB drama!! I miss their banter, their cuteness, sexiness, their scheme are always the best! Early CB pawn DB any day of the week! Come on!

Comment by roxie – February 1, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop as always! I hope the second half of this season lives up to the hype and Dan and Blair finally get somewhere.

Comment by Sarah – February 1, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder how many of these posts that are always going on about Dair and Chair are actually from GG fans or from people who work on the show! Maybe reminiscent of Dan and his publicist with their I Hate Dan Humphrey v. I Love Dan Humphrey websites? I just can’t believe people care about these relationships that much!

Comment by Sabrina – February 1, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GG is not a comedy show its a drama…Dan and Blair don’t bring the drama.

Comment by sara – February 1, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually laugh the hardest at the CB scenes though, I find melodramatic BS dialogue very amusing.

Comment by Monkey – February 1, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I always used to defend Ausiello when people said he only talked about Dair, but now I’m starting to think they have a point. I’m not a crazy Chair or Dair fan, there are things I like about both pairings, and I would like to see them reported equally. I don’t wanna be a part of any ship wars, that’s just my opinion!

Comment by tathi – February 1, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m convinced Chair biased reporters don’t watch the show, can’t see how grown up professionals would like what CB are, especially when offered a much more desirable option. Ausiello must watch and understand the show, he doesn’t just bow to pressure, it admirable.

Comment by Taylor – February 1, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • it’s really annoying how Dair fans think they are oh so superior, people are entitled to their opinions and liking one couple (on GOSSIP GIRL of all shows!) more than the other, doesn’t make you more mature. And yes there are Chair biased tv reporters, Kristin from E! for example.

Comment by vivian – February 1, 2012 05:52 PM PDT
    • LMAO! You can keep your CB drama, honestly. I mean, really. Girlfriends being whored out for hotels, cheating, car crashes, miscarriages, A PACT WITH GOD! LOL, what is this? The Young and The Restless?
      Also, you need to go back and watch S1 because the show was very good at meshing drama with comedy. It wasn’t always like this, which is why so many people have tuned out. It’s really all drama + OTT harlequin stories (thanks to CB) and it’s dragging the show down. Watching the same old stuff is draining. Casual viewers are not going to stick around for that.

Comment by Vicky – February 1, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly right, when they centered the show around Lord Manpain it became unbearable to watch, it drags the whole show down as all the characters get draged into it, ruining their characterization in the process, eg Serena, Nate and Dan taking turns to cheer lead Chuck. All the cast have great comedic ability too, why not use it more often. Season 5 starts here for me, the sweet DB scenes excluded its been dire so far.

Comment by Taylor – February 1, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh my god, this so much. The show has started to rely too much on melodrama and too little on the character’s (believable AND well-written) development. When the dialogue is heavy-handed and the plots too ridiculous, please zone out. Looks like they’re finally going in the right direction again!

Comment by Lauren – February 1, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simplemente AMO esto. Era hora de que la historia de Gossip Girl diera un giro, y ¿qué mejor que un giro DAIR?. Creo que hacen una hermosa pareja y realmente se nota como disfrutan de las escenas juntos. Hay quimica, lo sabemos. Me encantan!!!! Deseo que haya un romance entre Dan y Blair y que en lo posible sea duradero ♥ BYE BYE CHUCK!!! . Por cierto, Leighton I LOVE YOU !

Comment by valeria – February 1, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am so happpppppppppppppppppppppppppy!!!!!!!!!!!!! dair is the best thing that ever happen to this crappy show can’t wait for monday. Xoxo dair to dare.

Comment by Luvi56 – February 1, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited, I haven’t watched properly this season but I loved this week’s episode and I’ll definitely be watching this one! And haha, Dairport :D

Comment by Rachel – February 1, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As someone who’s laughed and rolled their eyes at the mediocrity of the story lines since season three of this show. I was just about to give up on Gossip Girl when the Dair friendship started and it’s what’s kept me watching ever since. Dair is original and fresh, unfortunately the writers have sucked the life out of Chuck and Blair, they used to be great but now they are just a complete mess. It’s not believable anymore that so many catastrophic events can happen to one couple. Looking forward to the Dair scenes in this episode!

Comment by Rebekah – February 1, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Michael and Vlada!
    I will love this episode!
    Hopefully Dan and Blair will end up together! <3

Comment by Andy – February 1, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving everything about DAIRPORT, Monday can’t be here soon enough!!
    I cannot wait!! And this whole article is just perfect! “Gossip’s Dairing Adventure” has got to be one of my favourite headlines EVER!

Comment by Manu – February 1, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is ridiculous. OMG. I can’t even say more about it.

Comment by Maria. – February 1, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Blair would never in a million years be caught dead in an I<3NY shirt. I'm calling BS.

Comment by kris – February 1, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Ausiello ! So excited for Dair

Comment by Pixelkiss – February 1, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Humphrey and Waldorf, cannot wait. Dairport, love it, thank you Ausiello.

Comment by Tara – February 1, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smiling like a fool here, Dan and Blair have that affect on me, can’t it be Monday already.

Comment by Dairport – February 1, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww. So gorgeous together!! Dair is happening people and I cannot wait!!

Comment by NIM – February 1, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so much love. dair <3333

Comment by Angel – February 1, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I’ll check out until S6. Will be the first time since the show started but the writing has just got to the point where it’s not worth it anymore. I want to get invested in all the storylines but it’s just cringe-worthy dialogue and acting. I think I’ll stick to Skins from now on.

Comment by AM – February 1, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Dairport on!!!!! omg i can’t wait!!

Comment by chestal – February 1, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember when Dan and Blair had a road trip/ran away in Season 4 Episode 11? Yeah, that the episode received the highest number of viewers.
    Im pretty sure this episode would slay as well

Comment by glamoure – February 1, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need season 4 Dair bickering in the episode. And LOL forever at you using “dairport” Ausiello. :D

Comment by K. – February 1, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two besties going on vacation…how kewt. Excuse me while I fall asleep.

Comment by Andrea – February 1, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes an episode of Dan and Blair and Banter. I’m in. I know they won’t be endgame b/c the interviews seem to beat over our head the Chuck/Blair aren’t over. But I do.not.care. I will take Dair anyway I can get them b/c PL are talented and they really make their scenes entertaining. I can’t wait for this episode. Thanks for the pictures.

Comment by Wrenn – February 1, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pics were worth the wait! This is the Gossip Girl I love: Funny and DAIR!

Comment by Nat – February 1, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Blair in gift-shop clothes? How adorable.
    Can’t wait for a dairtastic episode.
    Finally something on Gossip Girl to look forward to. I bet it’s gonna be pretty funny. Chair has an intense, heavy, tragic chemistry thing going on, whereas Dair has this light, adorable chemistry. I appreciate both, but right now I just want to see Dair (and Chair as endgame). Can’t wait for the Dair stuff :)

Comment by Svenja – February 1, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just let me know when Dair is over so it’s safe to watch again :(

Comment by Petra – February 1, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t thank enough for DAIR!!!!! :D:D:D

Comment by GG – February 1, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look at those bffs! I can’t wait till Chuck comes and finds them! Dan and Blair make a wonderful best friend duo, but romantically she fits well with Chuck!

Comment by Jade – February 1, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello, you are the BEST! We love you! I can’t wait for more Dan and Blair scenes, they are so precious!!! I really can’t stand the Chuck/Blair drama anymore. Everything is Dairport and nothing hurts!!!

Comment by Carla – February 1, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why a guy and a girl can’t be just friends in tv shows ? I liked Dair when they’re frenemies but now this whole storyline ‘Dan is falling in love with Blair’ Nah, for me it don’t fell natural and organic, not as they used to be when they were bickering frenemies :/

Comment by Audrey – February 1, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love DAIR they are the best thing about Gossip Girl! I seriously love the photos. Especially 6 out of 7. Dan is the only one for Blair!
    They belong together <3
    Dair was the only good thing about the 100th episode. Cannot wait for this DAIR centric episode.
    Chair are old bath water which need to be thrown away. I want them to end, badly!

Comment by Kate – February 1, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aren’t they precious, gorgeous couple! I hope we get some meaningful conversations too along with some vintage DB banter. From the promo looks like Chuck comes in all possessive, thinking of number one as always.

Comment by Stana – February 1, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday can not come soon enough! I am so excited for more Dair! I used to be a Chair fan but I got sick of the drama. Blair and Dan have a sweet, healthy adult relationship. Dan is the only one she can truly be herself around, and he would never hurt her the way Chuck has again and again.

Comment by Sabrina – February 1, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m the same, only so much you can ignore, but looking back now, it was always there, the manipulation, the lack of trust or any real substance to their relationship. DB have a real foundation that CB never even had, real trust, understanding, honesty, common interests and no baggage. I hope they’re done justice.

Comment by D – February 1, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My ulimate OTP, obsessed by them, How could you not with those pictures. Looking forward to the rest of S5 now.

Comment by Marie – February 1, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the pics, Ausiello!!!! Can’t wait for the “Dairport” scenes :-) DAIR=LOVE<3

Comment by Jenn – February 1, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At Dorota’s wedding Blair said to Chuck she was looking for “real love”- pure and simple…. this is what she could have with Dan.. Although I used to be a great fan of Chair (early seasons ) the friendship that emerged between Dan and Blair really works :) I just hope Blair makes a final decision soon as it is a shame for all the fans!

Comment by Robyn Belfast – February 1, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dairport! can’t wait. How beautiful is Leighton, even dressed like that she is so perfect. ‘What if I lose everything’ and look who is there for her, it’s kismet.

Comment by kathy – February 1, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww they look adorable! Thank you Ausiello for posting these. Let’s be honest Dan and Blair are the best things about GG! Can’t wait to watch :D

Comment by K – February 1, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!

Comment by Erica – February 1, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF? did none of ye not c da 1st 2nd series Blair HATED dan! And always will! Did ye ever hear her say i love you to dan? NO to CHUCK yuup! So dont get yore hopes up dair fans!dan is NOT 4 BLAIR! She called him to drive her somewher LIKE HER DRIVER! Did ye c season 4? Shr did not like louis when she thought he was the driver! And in other pics she is with CHUCK! SO GO CHAIR! <3 <3 <3 oh and repitive? Yah cuz seen BLAIR getin married b4! NOT

Comment by niamh – February 1, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Res ipsa loquitur! I hate Chuckistans referring to Dan as her minion or driver, what does that make Chuck, Serena and everyone else. Dan is her rock and the only one she trusts.

Comment by Kate – February 1, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some Chair fans also seem to forget that Dan was the one who brought them together before the accident. He did that because he deeply cared for her. It was a big and genuine gesture. I don’t think Dan is a minion. Apparently Blair seems to trust him for a big good reason. I think some quality time with Dan would help Blair a lot to find herself again. I am just getting tired of the whole Chair back anf forth. I used to love them in early seasons…hell I was obsessed with them and with Derena, but right now I think Dair is the right choice.

Comment by Svenja – February 1, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAIR is the best thing on this show!!! I love their journey. “Dairport” is amazing.

Comment by Patricia – February 1, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CAN IT BE MONDAY NOW. Seriously, I want Dairport!

Comment by Tamara – February 1, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post