Exclusive

Gossip Girl Exclusive First Look: Dan and Blair Take Flight (or Do They?) in Episode 101!

Gossip Girl‘s runaway princess bride has landed!
We’ve got your exclusive first look at next week’s episode of the CW sudser, which picks up right where Monday’s 100th installment left off — with Dan chauffeuring a newly-married Blair away from her wedding reception from hell. Where did he take her? To the airport, of course!
As executive producer Josh Safran previously teased, the on-location shoot “was a really complicated, but super fun, big, great set piece” that yields “some of the best comedy we’ve ever done. [It's] very funny.”
A few quick takeaways from the gallery below: The princess and her pauper face an uphill battle reaching their final destination, Blair must really be in a bad place if she’s augmenting her wardrobe at an airport gift shop, and this episode is already well on its way to being our favorite GG hour of the season.
Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Blair’s honeymoon at the (apologies in advance) Dairport.

1. mandy says:

DAIR! They are totally the highlight of every episode. Their banter and dynamic is classic Gossip Girl. The show’s at its best when it does quick, snappy dialogue and fun storylines instead of OTT melodrama.

2. riley says:

Adorable, precious, snarky, beautiful, fresh, etc.. everything Gossip Girl should be.

• S says:

Exactly! These are good times for Gossip Girl. Fresh and exciting! Hope the writers keep writing brilliant and, eventually romantic Dan and Blair scenes :)

3. Ashley says:

Just… yuck. The 100th episode was lame and so is this whole Dair thing. Hurry up, give the Dair fans what they want, but get back to the real love stories soon, please? I’m tired of throwing up every time I watch the tv.

• Vicky says:

Then either take an antiemetic or don’t watch. And lmao, are you kidding me? You didn’t like the 100th episode? It was full of CB’s epic and magnetic scenes! Blair loves Chuck more and more everyday! She made a pact with GOD to save him! Romantic stuff right there. Chuck’s focus is all on Blair (for once). Take comfort in that, babe.

• Angel says:

Now you know how fans of GG who couldn’t care less about Chair BUT love Blair have felt for the majority of 4 1/2 seasons!
      Newsflash: this is not the Chair Show, or the Dair show for that matter. Why do Chair fans not get that?
      And you know what? It ain’t that great a love.

• Leigh says:

Thank you thank you!!! I had to laugh when they said this won’t become the Dair show like it hasn’t been the Chair show for 4 1/2 years. I loved Chair once but whatever was special about them was lost on me A LONG time agao. I love Dair and will enjoy whatever we get for them.

• Stephanie says:

THIS. So very much.

• UJ says:

I hear there is something called an anti-diarrheal drug pills these days. Best suffer through the Dair stuff and watch the show.

• Emily says:

Such and immature comment !!! you surely must be a Justin Beiber fan…can see the same kind of obsession with Chuck !!! In the real world, DAIR is the only relationship that makes sense and they have everything that make them a perfect couple. No other couple in Gossip Girl deserve to be together that these two.

4. Sofia says:

They are too adorable, and would be so good for each other, unlike Chair who are built on lies, disrespect, and borderline abuse.
    Just let Dair happen already; their interactions as a couple will bring some much-needed comedy and tenderness and realism this show lacks.

• Sophia says:

I watched this show again after finding out about the two. And I was overwhelmed. They’ve brought exactly just that. Whatever they have is just so natural, realistic, and light. Not to mention fun!

5. Katie says:

Love! They have such good chemistry. Excited for this episode.
    PS I watched the season 1 premiere last night and almost died. Totally forgot that Dan had a shaved head and Chuck looked absolutely terrible. Blair looks about the same, beautiful.

6. Damon says:

Yay, Blair is very cute in these pictures!

7. Anna says:

Try to be more adorable! Perfect couple!

8. Dani says:

Sounds fun and they look so cute! Dairport :)

9. Jamie says:

Yes!! Dan and Blair – finally!
    They are the healthiest relationship on this show ever. Not to mention all their scenes are hilarious. Can just imagine the snarky dialogue there will be in the next episode. Seems on the way to be my favourite episode of GG ever.

• Kate says:

Can you imagine Blair as well being able to be that comfortable with anyone, with what shes wearing! I honestly used to hate this pairing I did love Chuck and Blair but they’re story is just so repetitive in a way they get together something happens to break them up but its never a simple thing its always catastrophic, im surprised neither one of them suffers from stress induced panic attacks. It was so nice to be able to see Blair just be relaxed with Dan last season, and it kinda just grew as a love for the couple potential of them! Your right they just seem so healthy together no angst betrayal lying etc, although i love seeing characters tortured i feel Ive had it enough with chair! I am not having a go at anyway who still loves Chair as i understand why one of my best friends does this is just MY point of view! :D

• Audrey says:

“but they’re story is just so repetitive in a way they get together something happens to break them up but its never a simple thing its always catastrophic” This is called bad writting.
        That’s why i think if Dair happen romantically maybe they’ll have the same faith. One thing is them being friends, best friends, but what if they date ? What about Serena ? Actually that’s what i’m worried about, if the writters are doing Dair, so what’s the point on having Serena fall for Dan all over again ? I don’t want them to screw with Blerena friendship… Dan will be the first guy that actually will come between Blerena. At the beginning of the series Serena come back with no intention to getting with Nate at all, so Blerena didn’t fight FOR Nate, they fight for the things Serena did.
        But now, if they develop Dair romantically, so Blair AND Serena will have the same love interest. I don’t want to see Blerena fighting for a guy, i really don’t want to :/

• Anonymous says:

1 of the spoiler mentioned a scene where Blair and Serena are fighting over something.

• renasa says:

Are you kidding me? what serena did with Nate to Blair was a drunken mistake, and dont you think it would be just weird if Serena and Dan got together i mean they are step bother and sister and they have a Brother! scott? just like Blair could let go of the fact that Serena slept with Nate i think serena should be able to do the same because when serena slept with nate ( Blair was truely crazy about nate).

10. KPH says:

Dair are adorable! Can’t wait for the next episode! (It’s been forever since I’ve said that.)

11. Jones19 says:

I hope this episode will be as Dair centric as it looks in these photos. Can’t wait too see them talk about the vows Dan wrote.

12. Carla says:

They are so cute. I am so planning to watch this episode live. They are the only good thing left in GG.

13. Emily says:

DAIRPORT <3

14. Violet says:

Awww, they’re so cute together. Look at Blair in those clothes. Lol. I can’t wait for this episode.
    Dair makes the show right now. Everything else is just the same recycled stuff from every season before.

15. cm2 says:

omg, I love them all. I can’t see how this won’t be the best episode in a while. It reminds me of that episode of Dawson’s where Pacey and Joey were stuck in the Walmart all night. :D

16. ann says:

This looks amazingly funny!! Is it monday yet?

17. Ky says:

I love DAIR!

18. donna says:

DB(PL) look like siblings, more sibling chem than DJenny had lol so fun yeah Blair is miserable and not herself lately and its so fun…

• A says:

Good. Because-‘Research has shown that people who look alike and behave in similar ways are more likely to end up together for the long term.’
      Dair!

• Audrey says:

Strange, i thought the Dair motto was “the opposite attract” but now they look alike ? D:

• Q says:

Uhhh looking alike doesn’t mean that everything about you is alike. It is actually what they have in common that brought them together despite their superficial oppositeness (i.e. where they are from, how they grew up).

19. Antonia says:

The stills from this episode of Chuck and Blair that you haven’t posted were better. lol.
    Everything that is not Chair is annoying, seriously. I’m sick of this DB thing. Is clear Blair doesn’t love him and the guy is just obsessed with her.
    Airport or not airport, the flight won’t reach the destination… she will never love him back. Sorry but Dan will never check in Blair.

• Anonymous says:

After having the repetitive Chuck/Blair stuff shoved down our throats for 5 years, this is like a breath of fresh air.

20. H says:

Dairport ftw!

21. LOL says:

Looks superfun and I can’t wait.

22. Oilive says:

Too perfect for words, GG is about to become fun and watchable again.

23. Hayley says:

This show’s finally starting to get good! There can never be enough Dan and Blair.

24. Star says:

DAIRPORT!!! <3
    Looks like soooo much fun, GG is so miserable lately, Dair always bring the fun. They
    look like a married couple! Lol

25. Lauren says:

Chairios with no life, if Dair is annoying, why come here to comment?

26. Laura says:

All hail Dair. Take me DAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Woohooo. Adorable. Just adorable.
    Michael you flawless human being. Thank you for this.

27. Betty says:

Dan and Blair look so good together. Finally the good stuff is going to start now. I was getting bored with the lame recycle chair story.
    Dairport<3

28. Vicky says:

THEY LOOK ADORABLE OMG! If I wasn’t watching this show and looked at these pics, I’d think they were married. So pretty!
    Can’t wait for this episode! Finally some FUN on this show. The past episodes have been too dramatic and humorless. THANKS AUSIELLO! xoxo

29. katie says:

lol chair fans flocking to dair articles to comment only drives up the hits which just makes tvline post more dair

30. Kimmie says:

Yes Dan and Blair, best pairing the show has ever done <3

31. Mia says:

Comedy! Hooray! The first half of the season was too soapy/melodramatic for me.
    I’m really curious at how they’re going to pull Dair off. I mean after all those “chuck i love you more every day but can’t be with you” crap they gave us for the last episodes (dare i say seasons)…
    I love the idea of Dan & Blair together, i loved the slow built up they did for them. It works, it makes sense.
    Anyway, this episode looks fun.

32. Layla says:

Ausiello, you are flawless. I can’t wait for Monday’s episode. Dan and Blair are too prefect for words.

33. Alisha says:

DAIRPORT!! OMG, I love you, guys. And I love Dair!! <3 Can't wait!!!!

34. Rosie says:

Adorable, if it wasn’t for them I’d be done watching Gossip Girl

35. Nrs says:

Ugh. Let me know when this is over. I’m sick and tired of chuck ending every single episode sad and alone. Get Chair back together for good and maybe I’ll watch again.

36. Sandra says:

The only reason anyone watches this show anymore, lbr.

37. Daniela says:

How is a relationship healthy when you have one party madly in love with someone else (to the point she went through with a wedding to another guy to “save his life”)? Dan may be in love with Blair but it’s not healthy to pine over someone who clearly is not in love with you.

38. Cov says:

Dair ayee! can’t wait! :)

39. Judy says:

Dair!!! Then please pair Serena with Nate. ENDGAMES: DAIR+SERENATE!!!

40. Meg says:

Just when I was planning to dump this show. They decide to do Dair… I’ll keep watching for now. They look so good together.

41. Jason says:

YEA!!!!!!! I’m most excited about “sticking it” to all of the incessantly-annoying Chuck/Blair posters who want to ruin the show altogether by getting instant-gratification. Guess they never watched Moonlighting. Study up on how to destroy a series, little girls.
    DAIR, for the win!

42. Steph hi says:

Ooooooooooooooo!!!!! Ooooooooooooooo!!! ‘ooooooo!!!!!! Yes yes yes!!!!!!
    I feel like chair fans should speak for themselves. I don’t like being lumped into their arguement of “no one likes Dair” because that is definitely an outright lie. “chair is the only stuff worth watching” …well that’s fine for you but clearly not everyone else. I for one think they have the most recycled and boring scenes. Same thing said over and over. Chuck lets Blair go, Blair confesses her love, chuck wants Blair back the next episode. It’s getting painful to watch. I wish they would either get back together or cut it out. It’s not anything new. Which is why I like Dair so much. For once in a long time we have something actually new and fresh. Something that is not predictable at every corner. I personally love DB!

43. Diogo says:

DAIIIIIIIIIIIIR <3

44. Sara says:

Take me there<3 and he did. I will forever hate they writers if they screw this pair up. Dan and Blair are the only thing good left on the show.

45. Felicity says:

Thank goodness they took her out of that awful wedding gown! Even the hair looks better. Leighton is a beautiful girl. I can’t believe they picked a dress that actually made her look frumpy, with umkempt hair and split ends – Serena looked a million times better in the bridesmaid dress!

46. heywhynot says:

Why do fans cheer for a relationship between a man (who attempted to rape a girl and abused the woman he “loves”, among other crimes) and well anyone? It is sick.

• Owen says:

It is disgusting. And then CBers have the nerve to ridicule our flawless ship with the most inane or fictitious reasons, I kinda feel sorry for them. Anyway, can’t wait for more DB centric episodes, they are perfect for each other.

• Tina says:

Don’t feel bad for them. They’re entitled spoiled brats and bullies (one of them told me that she wishes I was dead on twitter after I tweeted something positive about DB). They terrorize the media, the writers and anyone in fandom who isn’t a CB fan. Dair is probably temporary and not endgame, but honestly I don’t care. Just give me cute, funny and HEALTHY scenes like these and I’ll be fine. CBers will rage and I’ll be sitting here, enjoying my popcorn.

47. DictatorOfTaste says:

Flawless Dair.Fresh and shiny <333. Don't be too pressed, furniture crazies, you're still going to get you ~epic love declaration part 95645454541524154. :)

48. Blanca says:

Dairport<3 Dan and Blair are the only best thing to happen to Gossip Girl. Can't wait for Monday.

49. Lauren says:

“Take me there”. Dan took Blair There!!!! #daretodair Yay for Dairport!!!

50. Emma says:

“Blair’s honeymoon at the Dairport.” Ausiello we love you!