American Idol: Who Was Your Favorite From the Portland Auditions? Take Our Poll!

“It was so, so good,” said Steven Tyler, at the end of American Idol‘s Season 11 audition stop from Portland, OR. Alas, dude, we’ll have to take your word for it.

Over the course of an incredibly rote one-hour telecast, we were allowed to see only six of the 45 Golden Ticket recipients from the City of Roses. Even worse, only two — both of whom share a name with the woman who once sang “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” — sounded like anything more than little pawns in the game known as Season 11 Hollywood Week.

Anyhow, while I work on a full episode recap that will post Thursday morning here at TVLine, I’ll turn things over to you: Who was your favorite from the Portland auditions? Sound off in the comments section, and for all my Idol news, interviews, and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. John Presutti says:

Loved the young black girl from Brooklyn who’s boyfriend had a stroke …… But fear the “sob stories” hurt the idols chances ! :-(

• Margo says:

That was a moving story sighs Just so sad, but thankfully hes young so Im sure with her care and others he will continue to get alot better

2. Rebecca says:

My three favorite auditions were from Britnee Kellogg, Jessica Phillips and Naiomi Gillies. I also thought Brittany Zika was very good. It would’ve been nice to see the auditions from some of the 45 Golden Ticket recipients we didn’t see, instead of some of the auditions we did see from those who didn’t make it to Hollywood.

3. marie says:

I’m glad there is only one more audition show: “incredibly rote” is exactly right. Too many poor auditions and too damn many commercials. I’m ready for Hollywood Week and then the live shows already.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Here, here! I looked at my watch at 7:19 and thought, “Are you kidding me? We’ve heard ONE decent audition?”
      Is is my imagination or was the Portland audition shows a bit dull? Tonight’s show seemed to be one of the worst but maybe it’s my imagination. Jessica Phillips, the last singer to audition, was my favorite of the evening.

4. Liked Naomi a lot. I like that she just came in and sang. No sob story, no funny anecdote, just sang the crap out of the song.

It’s incredibly embarrassing, but, if anyone watched Glee Project last summer, did anyone think that one girl at the very end of the “39 people we didn’t see montage”, was one of the finalists on The Glee Project? Couldn’t tell if that was her or not. Don’t remember her name, but she was like the sassy one, she made it a couple rounds before getting axed.

• G says:

YES, I’m 90% certain that was Emily from The Glee Project! I had to stop and rewind my DVR like 10 times. I’m excited, I got more invested in her in the 3 eps she was in than any of the other GP finalists. Here’s hoping she makes it far enough that we get to actually hear her sing!

• Renda says:

YES! I had the same thought, I’m also 90% sure it was her.

• Kristie Strieby says:

Yes, I thought the same thing and asked my husband but he didn’t remember her, it looks just like her to me.

• Chris says:

I looked back and it definitely is her! Even if she makes it far, I just don’t see her drawing a lot of support from people who watch the show. Her personality is just too strong for some.

• MichelleR says:

Me: Hey, I know that girl from somewhere!
      Husband: Me, too. Hey, was she on Glee Project?
      Me: Yeah … YEAH!!!!!

• brandy says:

YES, it was totally her.

5. Elisa says:

And STILL they fail to show the one who makes the top 24 from Portland. You’re losing me, idol.
    And yes, that was Emily Vasquez from glee project at the end.

6. Roger says:

I enjoy watching Idol but if they would leave the backstories til the Top 12 then maybe we could see more auditions. I’m not interested in a contestant’s story until they are in the finals.

7. karenb says:

I usually roll my eyes at the sob stories (mainly because of Idol exploiting the people)–but the girl at the end with the boyfriend who had the stroke really got to me. I thought she sounded good and has the potential to improve.
    On another note-I hate the stupid “auditions” of the people who clearly aren’t getting the Golden Tickets. I feel it’s a true insult to the viewers intelligence-not to mention a big, fat waste of time. I mean-c’mon already-the guy with snot, etc. ugh.
    So excited to see how far Emily from glee project goes on Idol. She was soooo funny on the glee project. She left way too soon.

8. Titina says:

THis show has gotten so predictable and boring. Plus the judges are so meh.
    I think I am done with AI. I am not even excited for Hollwood week because not once contestant has impressed me. There´s definitely something missing this year.
    Bring on The Voice! Much better.

• Al says:

I agree….I think there are too many singing competitions out there. American Idol, the Voice, the X factor, Glee project and even America’s got talent (usually singers who win) so the talent is starting to get watered down. There is no longer the “OOH” factor for anyone b/c there only seems to be “good” singers out there…but not a whole lot of GREAT singers. Even on the Xfactor, the top two (melanie and josh) were the only real standouts anyhow. Out of everyone else who auditioned and/or made the show, they were the only really phenomenal ones in my opinion.
      I like the Voice though b/c at least they weed out all the duds and only cast real singers. Same goes for the Glee project.

• Name That Tune says:

Amen to that!

9. Gorm says:

My favourite was Sam Gershman, the large boobed broadway yenta. She can tsunemen my gartel any tog.

10. Lindsey says:

Brittany Zika was awesome, hands down my favorite of the season so far!

11. Kevin C. says:

I think J. Lo. was right about Romeo — that wasn’t the kind of voice that stands much of a chance to go far on the show. I still couldn’t stop smiling through his audition though.

• Elizabeth says:

But Brittany Zika does a mimic performance of Brandi Carlile’s song and she’s good to go?
      Maybe the judges should put a little more effort into these things and ask the contestants to sing a second song. Make sure you’re not just dealing with a one-note singer.
      I liked them both, but we’ve done this for 11 years? We should be a little smarter.

12. aravis says:

Yup, another boring audition show. How many more places left?
    I want Hollywood week already!

13. greg says:

x factor may have had it problems, but at least there were people that sparked interest right from the auditions. i cant think of a single person on idol that i care about seeing again in hollywood week

14. Saracen Riggins says: