Ringer: 4 Scoopy Bits From the Rest of Season 1, Including More Secrets, Lies and a Major [Spoiler]

When The CW’s Ringer resumes its freshman run tonight at 9/8c, it wastes no time jumping back into its now-signature twisty, turny, game-changy storylines. The winter premiere alone find the twins (kind of) reuniting, a sexy romance blossoming and contains a creepy shower scene that might actually rival that of Psycho — and that’s only the first few minutes of the episode.

Here’s what else you can expect to see in the second half of Season 1, courtesy of executive producers Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder.

MORE TRUTH | Siobhan is back in New York when the episode kicks off, and she almost instantly comes into contact with those once closest to her. “It came off of the idea that if you want something done right, do it yourself,” Snyder says of the AWOL lady’s homecoming. “Siobhan has been plotting from afar and she couldn’t get what she wanted, so she had to come back and do it herself.” First on the hit list? Bridget, of course. “She doesn’t like to see her sister succeed where she failed.” There is also the option of filling Henry in on the twin-sized secret once the onetime lovers come face-to-face, which — SPOILER — they most certainly do. “We never know what Siobhan is going to tell– even to the people she really loves,” Snyder adds. “She may tell the truth to Henry or she may give a half-truth…. She may do what she has to do to service her own plan.”

Ringer Exclusive First Look Video: Mädchen Amick Gets Deliciously Bitchy With SMG!

MORE SECRETS | “There’s one singular incident that drove this gigantic wedge between the sisters, and we’re going to discover what that is,” Charmelo shares. The obvious assumption is that said wedge has something to do with the photo Siobhan keeps of a young boy — but without confirming, Charmelo will only say that during February sweeps, we’ll learn “why Bridget is on this path of redemption and why Siobhan is on this path of revenge.” He adds with a laugh, “You will actually feel pity for Siobhan. It’s a tough thing to do, but you will!”

MORE ROMANCE | Love — or at least Ringer‘s twisted version of it — is in the air when the thriller returns. “There are a lot of umbrellas that the second half of the season fall under,” Charmelo explains. “One of the big umbrellas is Bridget and Andrew’s burgeoning relationship, and another is Siobhan and Henry salvaging their relationship. [The romances are] going to be a more evenly split in the second half.”

MUCH MORE BLOOD | If anyone’s in the mood for a “bloodbath” — Charmelo’s words, not ours — just check out the remainder of Ringer‘s freshman run.

What has you most excited about the rest of Ringer‘s season? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews, Spoilers

1. Michael says:

I absolutely love love love this show. It is amazing on so many levels. Please start watching this show people, it is great :).

• lorna says:

Agreed. Also, the “twisty, turny, game-changy,” is Scooby Gang slang :) Andrew/Bridget…Siobahn/Henry. How it should be!

2. Nadine says:

So glad Ringer is finally back! Looking forward to finding out why the sisters are estranged.

3. Velvet says:

I can’t wait to see what happens tonight.

4. Keith says:

Damn local basketball is taking over this show’s spot tonight so I have to wait til Sunday to watch it.

ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!

5. pv says:

Its certainly not a fantastic show, but there is something so addictive about it. I cannot stop watching. Its the ultimate guilty pleasure; I love it.

And FINALLY its back on!!

I root for Andrew and Bridget more than I expected myself to.

6. Dee says:

Yum! Ioan is a total hottie.

Looking forward to the new episodes!!!

7. Heather says:

As for the “gigantic wedge” between the sisters…I always felt the little boy had something to do with it. I got the feeling early on that Siobhan blames Bridget for something that happened to the little boy. Maybe the boy was Siobhan’s son, and somehow Bridget got him killed (a drunk driving accident, maybe?)

• Volcfom says:

I’ve been thinking the same thing from the pilot. The “death” was probably related to her drug habit, and that is what finally helped her go get clean.

• Joseph says:

I thought that it was already confirmed that Bridget killed Siobhan’s son. I could’ve sworn I read that somewhere before the show ever started. I think I read he drowned or something.

8. Manie says:

Just put it back on already!!! LOL The wait is painful!!! LOL

9. Kevin Catolano says:

I am glad the show is returning and I was a huge fan in the beginning. I have since lost interest due to the huge break it took although I will try and watch it again. I just hope it can redeem itself at the moment I don’t really care why the sisters are estranged just that we need answers to the other confusing aspects of the show.

• Lo says:

Agree. I have only hung on b/c I was a Buffy fan, and I think a lot of people are the same. This huge break – I haven’t missed the show at all.

They will be extremely lucky if the ratings aren’t completely in the toilet. they weren’t great to begin with, but the layoff has made everyone completely forget about this.

Plus Revenge has been SO much better. I think a lot of this audience wont bother returning after that extended break.

10. Brittney says:

I love this show. I’m so glad it’s back. I heard news a while back that Misha Collins is going to be on the show. When does he show up?

11. Svenja says:

Impatiently waiting for more juicy stuff…
    Love Ringer. Twists, turns and bodies… yay!

12. Kalie says:

Can’t wait!

13. Cecelia says:

Sooo glad this show is finally coming back. I can’t wait for it’s “twisty, turny, game-changy” goodness. Love how they continue to circumvent expectations. The teased story lines sound intriguing. Can’t wait.

I am concerned about the whole teacher/student/rape story line but am giving them a chance to redeem themselves on this one. As mentioned above, they do have a history of surprising us with unexpected twists.

One nit, a little more diversity in the casting would be great.

• Jane says:

What on earth are you talking about? Three of the actors are British, Bridget and Juliet’s best friends are African-American, there have been two Latino cops, and there is a Native American crime boss. Which I think is pretty impressive, given that Siobhan and Andrew’s high-class Park Avenue world isn’t a very diverse one.

14. Danielle H says:

I’m happy it’s back, but the long break has me not as excited as I originally was. I feel that such a long break will ultimately lose viewers and ratings.. it could lead this on the ledge show to a cancellation at the end of the season.

15. Henry says:

This show is horrendously bad, and not in a good way. Cancel!

16. Anthony says:

Doesn’t SMG look like Miss Piggy in that photo above?

17. Caren says:

Glad to hear there will be more Henry/Siobhan!

18. Ella says:

I tried to give this show a shot and continue to watch it to see if it actually picks up but the truth is, it’s awful. It’s like they’re trying to pack every minute with the utmost suspence and intensity without letting up with some humour or even having a pay-off at some point. And honestly, the intensity is more uncomfortable and frustrating than exciting and on-the-edge-of-your-seat stuff. I really don’t see this going past a 1st season but who knows…this is the network that keeps renewing Gossip Girl…

19. Kelly says:

I really like Bridget and also Bridget/Andrew

20. cabooklover says:

I am a huge fan of Bridget/Andrew, but he’s said some harsh things to “Siobhan” about her sister. So, if Andrew doesn’t really know about the switch and is clueless, he’s not going to be happy when he finds out…