Anyone up for some new Ferris Bueller adventures? Anyone? Bueller?
Buzzy commercials to bow during Sunday’s Super Bowl are starting to trickle out, and fans of the aformentioned ’80s flick are finally getting that sequel they’ve oft longed for… well, kinda. In a spot for the Honda CR-V, Matthew Broderick partakes in some Day Off festivities that would no doubt make his infamous school-skipper proud.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Dun-dun-Dunphy! Modern Family‘s doofy Phil is in for the shock of his life when, in an upcoming episode, he learns that daughter Haley is — gasp! — no longer a virgin. Yet Claire, according to TV Guide Magazine, is already in on the secret. “He’s, of course, horrified,” Ty Burrell tells the mag. “But it ends up being very heartfelt and meaningful.”
• NBC has pulled tonight’s original episode of Fear Factor — one that was titled “Hee Haw! Hee Haw!” and featured contestants ingesting (gag) donkey semen — and will now broadcast a ssssnake-centric repeat from early January.
• Oscar winner Cuba Gooding Jr. has landed the lead role in ABC’s upcoming Hallmark Hall of Fame TV movie, Firelight. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the flick (premiering Sunday, April 22) centers on a counselor (Gooding) at a youth correctional facility.
• Country music superstar Trisha Yearwood has inked a deal to star in a six-episode, nom-nom-centric talk show on Food Network, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Game Show Network has given a pilot order to The American Bible Challenge, in which contestants are tested on their biblical knowledge.
• If you don’t want to spend a little time with Jennifer Love Hewitt now, you most certainly will after peeping the following promo for Lifetime’s upcoming Client List series. As you can see, J.Love’s “massage” parlor-running alter ego is simply looking for a “Big Spender.”
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?