The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: House pokes into Foreman’s affairs, Gossip Girl is heading for a wedding, Alcatraz takes it to the bank and more. Here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm House (Fox) House and Adams debate whether they should contact social services about a young “Jane Doe”; House threatens to exploit Foreman’s relationship with a married gal.

8 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | Episode 100 (maybe you’ve heard a thing or two about it?): As Chuck wrestles with the reality that Blair is about to marry the prince, the return of Georgina Sparks might make the day a royal disaster. (Watch a video preview and check out photos.)

8 pm Top Gear (BBC America) | In the Season 3 finale, Jeremy tests the Chrysler Crossfire, Richard tries a new Smart Car fitted with twin turbos (!), and James looks at two big surprises, including Jaguar’s XJ6. Me, I drive a 12-year-old Altima. Sad.

8:30 pm MAD (Cartoon Network) | If only because CBS’ sitcoms are in repeat mode and tonight’s line-up includes “2 Broke Powerpuff Girls” and “WWE Bought a Zoo.”

Gossip Girl Preview: Blair’s Royal Wedding Brings Love, Scheming and Blasts From the Past

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | While Zoe and AnnaBeth keep their new friendship under wraps, Lemon campaigns to become the Belles’ new Memory Matron — but has to overcome a few obstacles to do so.

9 pm Alcatraz (Fox) When a notorious robber resurfaces and returns to his old tricks, Rebecca must break him out of the hostage-filled bank before people find out who he is.

9 pm The Lying Game (ABC Family) Ethan gets into trouble when he seeks information about a tattoo that triggered a memory for Emma; Laurel ignores her parents’ wishes and continues to see Justin.

9 pm Being Human (Syfy) | Aidan is shocked to discover a secret from his new girlfriend’s past — let’s hope she wasn’t BFFs in high school with that Summers girl.

10 pm Intervention (A&E) | Suzon is a onetime superstar soccer mom who kept a spotless home, but now collects scrap metal and sells prescription drugs to support her crack habit. Will her headstrong, agenda-driver mother detour the critical intervention?

Which of the above is must-see for you? Also, hit Comments to offer your own tune-in suggestions!

Comments (52)

• Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, and Alcatraz!

Comment by Anon – January 30, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Gossip Girl (but worried Chuck won’t stop the wedding), and then Being Human never disappoints!

Comment by Emily – January 30, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After all of the money they spent on Blair’s wedding (beautiful dresses, flowers, etc.) why did they decide not to cut off her split ends. One little thing DOES make a difference!

Comment by Um – January 30, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blair has become a really pathetic character this season. I think her hair is a reflection of that. I’m sad because Blair was my favorite character but this year she’s been too Serena-ish. What happened to the driven Blair Waldorh who wanted a life for herself outside of a man? Pathetic hair for a pathetic girl.

Comment by Tavi – January 30, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you make a good point, her hair is as incoherent with her character as her new found personality.

Comment by ana muller – January 30, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip girl and lying game (and record hart of dixie for later).

Comment by jay – January 30, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE that you included Top Gear in this list!

Comment by Cari – January 30, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars, Hart of Dixie, Bad Girls Club, and DVR Lying Games

Comment by Fernando – January 30, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Craptastic night for TV. Pass.

Comment by Toto – January 30, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Why are CBS comedies on an every-other-week rotation? One new episode, then two weeks of reruns, another new episode, then two more weeks of reruns. Annoying.

Comment by Meg – January 30, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Likely pacing themselves until February sweeps (which officially starts Thursday).

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 30, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks, Matt! You’re awesome.

Comment by Meg – January 30, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I get the pacing themselves, but personally I would rather CBS have a longer break for winter and the come back with at least 2 or 3 new episodes in a row.

Comment by Russ – January 30, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What, no HIMYM? aww.

Comment by Nadine – January 30, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol, you know that season 18 of Top Gear just started in the UK, finally, one show that we get WAY ahead of you! :P

Comment by Ems – January 30, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Gossip Girl and can’t wait!! Hart of Dixie and The Lying Game :)

Comment by guest – January 30, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie for me!!!

Comment by Melosm – January 30, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “that Summers girl”

As in BUFFY?? Is she a slayer?

Comment by SnazzyO – January 30, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ALCATRAZ On Demand. I’ll definitely watched WWE Raw SuperShow with the return of Triple H.

Comment by kevin – January 30, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie! Record Alcatraz and PLL.

Comment by Sharie – January 30, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate that Castle is a rerun tonight. I’ll watch Alcatraz, mainly because I like Sam Neill, although I’m not a fan of how obnoxious they’ve made his character.

Comment by Tikkanen – January 30, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Lying Game… Ahhh I LOVE mondays :)

Comment by Erica – January 30, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drag Race returns at 9pm!

Comment by Matt – January 30, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping for the same listing above, and its return is something I’ve been looking forward to. It definitely fits “TV Worth Watching” for me.

Comment by Winnie – January 30, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alcatraz
    Pawn Stars

Comment by kirads09 – January 30, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House no doubt.

Comment by Ray – January 30, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl. Dare to Dair GG writers!

Comment by K. – January 30, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House, Alcatraz, Being Human, and Lost Girl.

Comment by Justin – January 30, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A rerun of Castle is better than no Castle at all. And before that I’ll watch something I DVR’d over the wknd…….Can’t wait for the new episodes to start next week!

Comment by Lynn – January 30, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Terra Nova. :-(

Comment by Renee – January 30, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pll, lying game, gg, hart of dixie, 2 broke girls rerun. Wow, they make mon. Tv busy!only gonna get busier in a couple weeks with smash(saw the pilot ondemand &liked it plus im a katherine mcphee fan).

Comment by Brandy – January 30, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually heard that Fear Factor will be a repeat since they pulled the new episode. Is this true??

Comment by Amanda – January 30, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, NBC did pull the donkey semen & urine chugging epi.

Comment by Velvet – January 30, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, I also heard they have pulled the episode and will replace it with a repeat episode instead.

Comment by G – January 30, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep; removed from the TVLine-Up.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 30, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fear Factor
    Heart of Dixie
    Being Human
    Lost Girl
    Bizarre Food America

Comment by Velvet – January 30, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t be home so will DVR Pretty Little Liars, Lying Game, Hart of Dixie and H5O if it is new.

Comment by G – January 30, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …and Ru Paul’s Drag Race is on tonight at 10! Funniest reality show on tv

Comment by Adam – January 30, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Michael Slezak will do Drag Race recaps again this year!

Also, kudos to Matt for the MAD mention – I don’t watch it regularly, but when I have seen it (my favorite – “Grey’s In Anime”), it made me laugh quite a bit. I read a lot of MAD when I was younger, and this has the spirit of parody I love from the magazine.

Comment by Winnie – January 31, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You left out Lost Girl on Syfy. A great new show from Canada and it deserves a plug

Comment by Djewel – January 30, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a thing for me to watch. Can’t wait for a new Castle..

Comment by Ainav – January 30, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still with Lost Girl for now, giving it a shot. The writing/plot has a number of issues, but I really like Bo and Kenzi so far. Especially Kenzi – that character could so easily fall into being far too annoying, but it’s really written/acted out with a lot of charm. Tasha seemed so… wooden on LUX (which, granted, had its own share of problematic writing/plot), I never would have guessed it was the same actress.

Comment by Tee – January 30, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, The Lying Game, and Hart of Dixie. Thank goodness Hawaii Five-0 and Castle are both repeats, Mondays are far too busy.

Comment by Liz – January 30, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House and Fear Factor

Comment by Emily – January 30, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being Human for sure. Hope they’re not plotting to kill off the Nora character because she’s a very good actress and has excellent chemistry with the wolf. Oh, and Hart of Dixie…go Team George!!

Comment by RichieS – January 30, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m already up to date on Lost Girl,but I’d probly watch reruns because Bo is a fine looking lady!

Comment by shaun – January 30, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, you get around 100% of British shows before we do, just as we get around 100% of American shows before YOU do (with only rare exceptions). Seems fair to me that each country gets its own programming first.

Comment by Hannah – January 30, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House, Alcatraz, Being Human, Lost Girl and Gossip Girl if I can delay my husband’s American Pickers…

Comment by Becca Porter – January 30, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope PLL crushed GOSSIP GIRL TONIGHT! :D

PLL and Hart of Dixie for me tonight.

Comment by Sid – January 30, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because of this article I decided to try watching MAD. And I laughed my @ss off. Thanks!

Comment by JRose48 – January 30, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • [H]OUSE, of course. Never miss it. LOVE it!

Comment by Nancy – January 30, 2012 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post