How I Met Your Mother Sneak Peek: [Spoiler] Confesses His Feelings to Robin!

How I Met Your Mother fans, are you ready for Robin/Ted redux? Because we’ve got some new photos from the Feb. 20 episode of the CBS hit, and the exes-turned-roommates look to be getting very close.

As executive producer Carter Bays previously teased, “Stuff happens that makes Ted and Robin question their living arrangements.” Realizing it’s been years since Ted asked her where she sees herself in the future, and she’s still in the same place, Robin and Ted “literally do the five-year reassessment off that one line in their Season 2 breakup.”

How I Met Your Mother Hot Shots: Barney Meets His Match in Becki Newton

Ted takes things one step even further, using the end of Robin’s relationship with Kevin (Kal Penn) as an opportunity to confess his true feelings for his former girlfriend. But does her packed suitcase mean she’s moving on from her ex and then some?

Meanwhile, Barney makes it his mission to find something private of Marshall and Lily’s.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Ashton says:

This show is the greatest thing that has ever happened to television.

• ana muller says:

I love the show too, but am I the only one who would feel weird if my dad sat me down and told me all about his love life?

• Future Ted says:

Kids, let me tell you about the time I read Ana say this would be weird in an internet comments section . . .

• tom says:

If you watch closely, you’ll notice he tells his kids something cleaner than what we as the audience atually see. it’s actually kinda clever….

2. cj says:

I used to love this show but now I feel like the group has just gotten incestuous. I kinda hope next season is the last season.

3. steph says:

You know… I do love the intrigue, but this kind of has to stop. It bugs me how the group keeps swapping partners internally. Also, we know Robin’s not the mother. She’s “Aunt Robin,” she can’t have kids, etc. I think we really don’t need to go down this road again.

• Marc says:

Of course Robin isn’t the mother, that’s not the point of this whole five-year reassessment or revisiting of the feelings Ted may have for her. He said earlier in the season that the cupcake girl (was it Veronica?) was right when she said he wouldn’t find “the one” until he got distance from Robin because it was weird and unhealthy that they were still so close after her breakup. If I remember correctly, I think the same went for Barney. So the point is that whatever does happen will probably move along the story with the mother.

And to whoever said the show feels like it’s becoming incestuous… really? Ted liked Robin from the first episode and Barney, a character who likes to have sex with many women, was with her… those are the only inner-group relationships that have happened on the show. Not sure how that’s incestuous.

• lola says:

I don’t think they’re going down this road again. That photo might be just a goodbye-kiss or something.Ted probably realizes that Victoria was right. He needs to FINALLY let go of Robin, in order to find the Mother.

4. Cayla says:

Gosh, I hope Ted won’t be hooking up again with Robin. I think she and Barney should work things out, they have a lot to discuss, as their break up was a little… weird?

I hope producers will finally focus a bit more on Ted.
    The series is not called: „How your uncles and aunts (who are actually not your relatives) met everyone else“

5. sasha says:

LOve them together, too bad she’s not the mother! Robin was a better charcter the first seasons, now she’s a mess! Like Robin & Barney but I prefer the chemistry & relationship of T/R

I think they’ll try to kiss, it will be awkward and Robin will move in Marshall & Lily’s home

6. Phil says:

Ted is so cute, but Robin is not the one. She belongs to Barney!

7. Bailey says:

If Robin and Ted get back together, I will be furious. That is the worst idea.

8. andy says:

please no ted & robin…barney and robin!!!

9. Personally, I think this is going to turn out to be much milder than it looks and is being promoted. I can see Ted confessing to some lingering feelings for Robin, because he’s Ted and he’s always thought of Robin as the perfect woman. But I can’t see her reciprocating. Also, it makes no sense to explore Robin/Ted further, because we know they’ll never end up together. I can see the two of them mutually coming to the realization that they can’t keep being so close (ie, their living arrangements.) I assume she’ll move out, given the photo with the suitcase. I wonder if she’ll get her own place, or temporarily move in with Marshall and Lily in their house or something. What I’m most interested in is what this means for Barney. Does Ted remember the rose petal/candles incident he witnessed? And if so, is he just keeping that to himself?

10. MDEP says:

I hope it is the END of Ted and Robin.

• Problem is, I thought they had “the end” of Ted and Robin back in the S5 finale, where they almost kissed but didn’t. Ted having lingering feelings for Robin seems pretty in-character for him, but it’s doing nothing for Robin’s characterization, which has been severely damaged this season. Between her mopey pining over Barney and then rejecting him for obscure reasons when he confessed his feelings for her, and her continuing to pursue this relationship with Kevin even though it’s clear she’s not that into him, it’s like what the hell happened to her?? Also, going back to Ted and Robin now makes it seem like she’s just gone back and forth with Ted and Barney the entire series.

11. Lime says:

Advancement of the storyline aside, is anyone else intrigued by the box of Russian Cheerios?

12. Laura says:

Robin and Ted Reunion :)
    Awesome!

13. Annie says:

“are you ready for Robin/Ted redux?” NO. The actors have more chemistry than they did at the start of the series, but anytime they are together, the storyline is sure to be a dud. Those two have a way of sucking the air out of the show. Besides, the writers have done a horrible job with the Barney and Robin storyline, so it’s hard to care about the possibility of seeing Robin and Ted again. They are just as played out as Rachael and Ross were on Friends.

14. Heather says:

It’s like the Victoria thing, it’s going to be a kick in the pants to get them all to realize that they have to grow up and actually change something themselves if they want their lives to be better.

15. qeee says:

Didnt they do this in season 4, don’t want to see it again. HIMYM stop backtracking.

16. Lisa says:

Ted+Robin still needs to be vetted out….just like Ted+Victoria did. The whole “Where do you see yourself in five years” discussion from 5+ years ago needs to be discussed. 2030 Ted and we know Robin isn’t the mother, but 2012 Ted doesn’t. I am looking forward to that chapter of Ted+Robin settled, and the emotions that will come out of those discussions. But on another note…what is up with the Russian cereal? Does Robin go to Russia?

• Lauren says:

I don’t think the Robin going to Russia thing is that far-fetched. We all know that her career takes her to a lot of different places throughout the years, and I think the suitcase means that she’s about to embark on one of those adventures. It’s perfect timing, after breaking up with Kevin and this whole re-evaluation of her life. It makes sense that she would want to make a big change. And this may be the closure that Ted needs to FINALLY move on and find the mother!

17. Linda F says:

I SO wish there was some way the show runners could work around the hole they’ve dug for themselves so Robin and Ted could end up together. I know she’s not the mother, but they have such amazing chemistry. I do NOT want Robin and Barney to be the end game, and I’m hopeful that Becki Newton’s character will be the spoiler for that. I think Becki and Neil Patrick Harris will be great together, and I’m going to keep my fingers crossed for Robin and Ted!

• Andrea says:

I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said. It seems like we’re in the minority since everyone else seems to love Barney/Robin but I don’t think they have nearly as much chemistry as Ted and Robin. It’s been pretty well established that they definitely don’t end up together (unless they go the “Ted is an unreliable narrator” route, which I think would piss a lot of people off), but I wish there was some way around that because I really like them together!

18. Carol Uck says:

I just adore Ted and Robin as a couple, i hope they get together again

19. Alan Garner says:

The show is funny,but Ted character is horrible. I want to punch him. And why is he telling his kids intimate details of all this? ” I loved this girl soooo much…” Barney is the best character on the show. It is basically a rip off of friends… Group of friends,NY, a few hook up on and off, two get married, there’s a ladies man… That being said its still a funny show. Just ignore the plot lines.

• JonJon says:

I totally agree, Ted iritates me -when he smiles he looks like Mark Linn Baker (Larry from Perfect Strangers).

NPH is the Legen….wait for it ……DARY!!! Love his character.

Extremely funny show, but i watch it for Marshall – who is freaking funny, Barney – who could have had a better name and all the hotties.

I think many people follow this sitcom because it reminds them of their own lives around that age, drinking at pubs, going on adventures, meeting hot sexual encounters regularly. Damn i miss being single – LOL

20. yogurt says:

it would be hilarious if barney is pretending to be ted while he’s telling his kids the story, he ends up marrying ted’s sister, and robin and ted end up together.

21. Amy says:

I think it is important for Ted and Robin to reassess their relationship and put some distance there so they can grow and move on. Like real life.

22. Michelle says:

I don’t understand how people can say no to all this tbh. The writers have slowly been building these two up from day 1 and they’re clearly soulmates. I have no hope that Robin ends up being Ted’s wife and I’m positive this will be their official goodbye (to being more than friends that is) but yeah, I don’t see any reason for anyone to be furious if the show suddenly decides to make these two end up together.

(But seriously, how could the mother’s story even compare to these two’s history?)

23. Ella says:

I like this show but don’t find it laugh-out-loud funny like Modern Family, or really well written like 30 Rock. Plus, Alyson Hannigan is waaaaay overrated.

24. Didier says:

I read somewhere that ted is gay and finally he married barney , so barney is the mother. True story

25. Ethan says:

I think the writers blew it when they write off Robin as NOT the mother. Robin and Ted have way more chemistry than Robin and Barney.

26. Sarah says:

Could you maybe have put a spoiler alert prior to the “Robin and Kevin are breaking up” part!?

• Little Scarf Girl says:

I mean, anyone could have seen that breakup coming a mile away, but I agree that I was surprised they just threw that info into the press release like it’s no big deal!

27. The Squatch says:

Maybe Robin will move into Marshall and Lily’s apartment since they seem to be living in the suburbs, for now at least.

28. B says:

I love Robin and Ted. I was never into BRo. I don’t hate it or anything, just don’t understand all the hype.

29. Michael says:

with these being the start of the finale season they have to wrap everything up

30. Mark P says:

Oh god, please don’t go back in this road again. Ted and Robin are over. I hope this is just for one episode. Ted will confess his feelings, but Robin wants them only to be friends.

Just make Barney and Robin couples again. Goddamnit.

31. Annie says:

I thought Colbie Smulders was pregnant? She isn’t even showing in these pictures.

32. Annie says:

I love the show, but I feel kinda cheated that after all this time, he still hasn’t told how he met his childrens mother. I mean, its about time. It’s obviously not Robin, why do they keep pushing that button?

• JonJon says:

True, the kids have to listen to 191 episodes of Ted and other girls and 191 episodes of him and Robin, yet only one of their mother. Maybe it will make more sense if Robin is the mother.
      But then the kids will know what a slut their mother is, because they heard about all the men Robin slept with after Ted.

33. anna kypee says:

people please get over robin/ted we know she is not the mother and have known since the first episode. Personally i never thought robin and ted had much chemistry. however barney and robin are like fireworks! we all know shes is barneys bride

34. Jazz says:

Hey guys, Robin and Ted don’t belong together “they were a couple” and Barney is her TRUE love/ best couple. Let go off this Nora u.U Robin can’t be the mom, you rembember the hint of old “Ted”: the kids draw a paint of “auntie” Robin, Robin can’t have kids :(, than he said in the episode where they all were smoking: I stopped with that 2 weeks after i met your “Mom”. Than it would be so easy if Robin would be the “real” Mommy. Ted only wants Robin because he can’t be alone, remember when he broke up with this blond girl he dated her again one month than broke up, go Mommy & Ted <3 i'm a huge fan since the first episode. So i wanna know who's the mommy, btw I forgot somenthing the mommy lived with Rachel Bilson's character and had a yellow umbrella. XD XD So i wish a good person for Ted, because he diserves the Best! <3 Kiss Jazz

• JonJon says:

Maybe Ted is married to Robin, and she can’t have kids, so he is telling them the story of how he met their biological mother.

Where can i get season 7,8?

• HIMYMfan513 says:

That would be a great twist but would piss off the fans of the show IMO. Most people want to see Barney and Robin together including me, but that ending would be worth not seeing Robin as Barney’s bride.

• JonJon says:

Yeah, i think Barney and Robin will end up together because they are both sluts – lol. Robin has been with plenty of guys (hard to believe Lily and Marshall only been with each other when everyone around them has sex in almost every episode with someone different) and only Barney would overlook that. Barney’s character is becoming stupid, in the first 2 seasons he was awesome” a mystery guy who always had a plan and hot girls. After he hooked up with Robin he became flacid and his tactics became second grade. Wish they would have left Barney as a rich, mysterious guy who didn’t give a damn about the rest of the world.

35. Pat says:

Anybody consider that he is talking to the kids about their mother and yet his wife is somebody different (i.e. Robin)? Maybe he met their mother, falls in love (or not), has kids (maybe twins since they appear to be VERY close in age), and she leaves in some way (dies, moves…whatever)…which could be why he refers to her as Aunt Robin rather than their mother. Or maybe he marries Robin and since she cannot have children they adopt or artificially inseminate the kid’s mother. I guess I am in the minority…I think Ted and Robin love each other on a completely different level and they have never had REAL closure to it. They both avoid because it hurts too much in various different ways. And has anybody noticed how often Robin has worn the exact same color yellow shirts and jackets as the umbrella in recent episodes?

36. KRZ says:

all ppl here who r exited about Barney and Robin , clearly didnt watch the first two seasons……barney and robin thing wasnt romantic at all , and kinda lame…(review the script)

u guys should watch the first two seasons again….to know wat Im talking about…….it was soo romantic and perfect and sensual , perfect………I mean how did barney and robin even hook up….they had casual sex while robin was desperate……!!!
    Im totally with Robin and Ted reunion…

but lets be clear….though it’s clearly Robin isn’t the mom….But I think Robin will end up with Ted , after he broke up with “the one” …….remember that line from Season 1 : ” I don’t want perfect……I Want Robin! “

• fabrice says:

i am completely agree with you.
      I have written this exactly on a french site Web that Robin although is not the mother, but Ted becomes with her at the end. Many indications show that.

37. vft says:

I am surprised that no one questioned the whole Robin not being pregnant thing. Not being pregnant after getting a positive pregnancy test is weird. Any woman who was pregnant or tried to get pregnant and any doctor will tell you that a false positive test is extremely improbable. False negatives happen all the time but not false positives. So, I wonder if the writers made an honest mistake or they will later tell us that R’s doctor got her test mixed up with someone else’s.

• johannesy says:

It’s possible yeah. In the beginning of Episode.17 you can see Ted kissing the mother, it looks like Robin doesn’t it?