Gossip Girl Post Mortem: Show's Boss Talks Wedding Aftermath for Chair, Dair and Georgina!

[Warning: If you've yet to watch Monday's episode of Gossip Girl, avert your eyes...now! Everyone else, read on...]

It wouldn’t be an episode of Gossip Girl if there wasn’t some drama, and the CW’s series’ 100th episode Monday night delivered it in spades. But what comes next now that Blair has married her prince and run out on her reception with Dan, leaving behind Chuck and Serena? And is that Gossip Girl reveal for real? Below, executive producer Josh Safran answers our burning questions.

Gossip Girl 100th Episode Recap: Did Princess Blair Make a Royal Mistake?

CAN BLAIR GET AN ANNULMENT? | “That will be answered in the next episode,” promises Safran, as well as what this turn in her relationship with Louis means for Blair’s pact with God.

IS THERE HOPE FOR CHAIR? | Let’s put it this way: “Chuck and Blair are never over,” says Safran. Even though it the two are facing seemingly insurmountable obstacles, “There’s always been a thorn in the side of Chuck somewhere,” the EP notes. “Maybe it’ll be Dan. Maybe it’ll be someone else.” It’s only natural then that Chuck and Blair’s storyline will remain plenty angsty. “It’s a very tortured relationship for both them,” he continues. “In a weird way, sometimes people love that torture. And sometimes, people can’t stand that torture. That’s going to be the balance of what happens for a little while.”

WHERE DOES DAN TAKE BLAIR? | “They go someplace we’ve never shot before [but] we’ve always wanted to,” hints Safran. “It was a really complicated, but super fun, big, great set piece.” And it won’t be all drama and tears when they get there. “[The next episode] has, in my mind, some of the best comedy we’ve ever done,” he adds. “[It's] very funny.”

Gossip Girl: Blair’s Royal Wedding Brings Love, Scheming and Blasts From the Past

IS THERE DAIR ROMANCE IN THE AIR? | As for what the developments in Episode 100 mean for Dan and Blair – she now also knows he wrote Louis’ vows – Safran teases, “That story is going to go in an interesting direction.” As we saw this week, Blair has come to rely on Dan a great deal when she’s in trouble. But the lovesick guy might actually tire of being her go-to lapdog friend. “At a certain point, he probably won’t be able to stand feeling that anymore and force Blair to not treat him that way,” says the EP. “Or not treat him at all.”

HOW WILL EVERYONE REACT TO DAN & BLAIR RUNNING OFF? | “Obviously, it’s going to rankle Serena when she discovers what’s happening between” her ex-boyfriend and her best friend, says Safran. With the next episode picking up right after this week’s major turn of events, “You’re going to see [Chuck and Serena] learn [about Dan and Blair running away],” he continues. “You’re going to see what they do about it, how it impacts them. The story of that next episode is Chuck and Serena together dealing with Dan and Blair.”

HAS GEORGINA ALWAYS BEEN GOSSIP GIRL? | Safran wouldn’t comment, but he did confirm that Georgina “has this role” now, so she’ll be sticking around to “get even more dirt and gossip…and cause so much more trouble.” The reveal will also take viewers behind the curtain with the wizard. “You’re now invited into a process that for years you haven’t seen,” he explains. “Seeing just how Gossip Girl gets her tips and what she does to get her tips is really fun and a new thing.” And don’t worry, Veronica Mars fans, Kristen Bell’s voice-overs aren’t going anywhere.

Gossip Girl fans, what do you think about where things are headed for the UES crowd?

1. Chris says:

No way has she always been GG!!

But c’mon on now! I love my ship but give us our happy times already!! Chuck and Blair deserve it! We don’t want to see Dan and Blair we don’t want anymore delays!! Please just work to give us Chuck and Blair already. The episode was overall alright but most of all we want our reward already!

• Michelle says:

If they get together now, they will just break up after 5 episodes or so. They will get together im sure of it but not til the season finale, if even then.

• R says:

Not everyone is a fan of Chuck and Blair.

• Dair says:

I don’t want to see Chair ever. I hate Chair. They are the most boring couple to have ever graced our screens. Their story is rediculous, they have nothing to say to each other. The writers must be dillusional to think it’s a good relationship or story. If Chair ever get back together, I will make sure to never watch Gossip Girl again.

Dair on the other hand are perfect. Witty, funny, and the only reason I watch this show.

2. Cynthia says:

I just don’t know what to think. At all.

3. Liz says:

OMG is all I had to say!! I kinda of knew it was going to be Dan in that car only because Dair had NO scenes up to that point. I seriously don’t know where this show is going now. It can go a million different ways & I’m soooo sticking around.

• cathy says:

It can only go one way, really: Blair running to Dan crying for help and once again completely ignoring his feelings because it’s convenient to her. I’m opposed to Dair not because of any ship wars but because of how pathetic Dan has become after he started chasing after Blair. What’s the point in pining for a girl who says things like “I love you more and more each day” to a guy who ISN’T you. At least Serena actually loves him…

• Yursare says:

Now that’s a horrible thing to say… If Serena actually loves him (which I seriously doubt), Dan “settling” for her would be terribly unfair. About same as Blair “settling” fot Dan himself if it comes to that. And I never thought I would ever defend Serena, of all people.
        This show is claustrophobic, and they all need to stop talking to each other for a while, go out and meet other people.

• Ari says:

I agree that they need to meet new people but when we get new people they are like Louis and Reina and Fleur Delacour. Boring boring boring. I’ve never liked Dan, he always seemed uppity and holier than thou but lately I just feel bad for the guy. He’s chasing Blair, who has made it clear that she would have picked not one but TWO other guys before she picked him. He wrote the vows for another man to use to marry Blair, he is basically a doormat. These characters are just becoming such shadows of what they were. I didn’t know that character growth could go so backwards. Now they have no personalities.

• Ti says:

Wow! You just said what I’ve been thinking about Gossip Girl since last season. There’s no growing up in this characters, they just act as if things where supposed to be like that. Like a Greek tragedy without the good stories. I mean, they act as if they are destined to do things. Serena has no story, Nate is a boy toy, Chuck lost his edge, Blair became religious, Dan has no backbone. The series has lost it and became a caricature of itself.

• gillian says:

I actually think she has a point, but that’s just because I find it hard to believe that the girl he’s been chasing 4 seasons suddenly means nothing to him, but even if he’s all about Blair now it would be a little ridiculous if the same girl who’s been ignoring even the possibility of a romance with him suddenly reciprocates his feelings. But who knows, maybe that will happen, it wouldn’t be the first time GG has ignored character consistency.

4. Meg says:

I really hope they tell us eventually if it has always been Georgina, though I seriously doubt it has.

5. Emily says:

Loved the episode, but hope the “interesting” angle is that they DON’T make it romantic. Blair can’t love Louis enough to marry him, love Chuck enough to make a pact with God for him, AND love a third guy enough to destroy her best friend. Just no.

• Allie says:

That would be an actual interesting angle (OMG moment, if you will), but they’ve already tortured us for like a year over it and basically destroyed Blair in the process, so I’m not even sure if I’ll care by then.

• Michelle says:

If you heard Blair she said she will grow into loving Louis. I dont think she loves him I think he was just the Fairy tale she wanted and then it became saving Chucks life.

6. Lena says:

it’s cute that Safran think people love torture… just shows how he knows his audience.
    so he was basically saying they will continue to give a few minutes of CB being happy together, or some sexy and fun stuff like on season 4, then they will throw another obstacle in their way?

• BL says:

I find the show to be completely different from season 4 to now. Safran is about making this show HIS vision and will tear down what Schwartz and Savage spent seasons trying to develop. These characters are shells of what they used to be (except for Nate who finally has something to do). As for Chair being endgame, wasnt that something Savage said? Because from what Safean said above, it doesnt seem like he is too concerned with making them endgame.

Can we talk about how shady Blair would be as Serenas BFF if she DOES hookup with Dan?! She knows S still loves D, after everything these two have beem through I find it unbelievable that they would foght over Lonely Boy. I miss Serena and Blairs friendship :(

I am so not excited for the rest of the season as I have little faith that Safran even knows who the shows fans are , let alone what we want.

End Rant

• Audrey says:

Except Serena doesn’t really love Dan. She only wants him when things are going wrong or stale in her life.
        It would be a mark against Serena if she holds it against Blair if Blair gets with Dan, because Serena KNOWS deep down that Dan and Blair are right for each other.

• samantha says:

she loves Dan, but she’s Serena so she can’t help being stupid. And why would Serena KNOW Dan and Blair are meant to be together, not even Blair knows that…

7. Laura says:

EVERYONE knows chair is endgame, so just let us have a few episodes of Dan and Blair together! STOP BEING SO SELFISH.

8. Elizabeth says:

Next week sounds like a miss. Last time he said fun and delicious, we ended up with dead babies and pacts with God. This episode was fine until the last ten minutes, when it just went off the rails. Ah well.

9. Allie says:

Well, hopefully we’ll get some good Chuck/Serena scenes out of this whole mess, if nothing else. I’m mostly just tired of watching Blair acting crazy and Chuck looking like a hurt puppy. And Dan, well… I’m always tired of him.

I love Chuck and Blair more than anything, but the angst is just getting… wearing, I guess. Especially since the aforementioned “insurmountable obstacle” is the most easily-surmounted obstacle I’ve ever heard of. Just rein in your crazy, Blair. Problem solved.

10. Jessica says:

I am not going to lie but I strongly disliked the episode. & it is not only because I am a chuck and blair fan but because it just seemed all over the place. There was no cohesion. I love the first couple of seasons because of the friendship factor and I felt like it was not there. There was just so much packed into this episode that I could not enjoy it. The only scenes that I actually enjoyed was with Chuck and Eleanor and Serena admitting her feelings to Dan.

11. Dwayne says:

I knew it!! Any true Gossip Girl fan would easily be able to see that Georgina has not been Gossip Girl this whole time. I believe that Georgina knows who Gossip Girl is tho and came across the information rather recently and that they are working together. I have a feeling the real Charlie is Gossip Girl.

12. Alice says:

I can’t wait to see Dan and Blair off together. I am so happy that they finally ran off together and I am hoping for some new romance. The back and forth of Chair is so boring.

13. MSC says:

I don’t want Dan and Blair I want Chuck and Blair. I am so out Gossipgirl

14. Jenna says:

Can someone tell the Gossipgirl writers they suck. Chuck and Blair should have gotten married. End of Story

15. Liz says:

No matter who Blair ends up with, THANK GOODNESS it’s not Louis!!! Loved the twist at the end because when it looked like Blair and Louis were going to have a happy ending I was really annoyed. Chair Forever!

16. bj says:

And this is why I’ve been skipping most of the season and just reading the reviews. Chuck and Blair need to get together. Enough obstacles already.

17. Amused says:

The most amusing part of this episode was to see Louis finally grow a pair!

• ana muller says:

Right? When Louis turned all psycho I was like “FINALLY!”, I mean when he kept up the engagement after Blair had gotten in a car accident whilst running away with another guy, I just came to terms with the fact that Louis had no self respect whatsoever, so I was actually glad to see him make a 180 like that, it really was one of the few redeemable moments of an otherwise terrible episode.

• maya says:

so is Louis just pretending to love Blair from the very beginning or he really loved her but then started to plan revenge since the car accident??

• Madison says:

I think he really loved Blair but seeing the video of her in her wedding dress declaring her love for Chuck was the final straw. Loved the face he turned on her. Makes him so much more interesting.

• Madison says:

I meant fact not face lol

• Lauren says:

I think he finally realized that Blair’s constant flip-flopping is cruel and unfair to him. I love Blair, but with her constant mooning over Chuck is ridiculously selfish. He deserves better.

18. Joanna says:

I agree that no way Georgina was Gossip Girl all this time.
    The episode had its moments, I especially love Chuck and Eleanor, but it was overall a mess and not a reward by any means. Blair is still acting like a crazy person and I have no desire to watch any more “fun” episodes. And no we, Chair fans, don’t love to be tortured. Some angst here and there, yes but we would love for our couple to get some happiness sooner than later. Enough with the obstacles already.

• Amy says:

Agreed, this was Eleanor’s greatest scene of them all. I was so excited for the first 25 minutes or so, and then it just went off into crazy land. It was great to see Blair rely on Dan for friendship, but this crazy love rhombus is getting old and I just want my happy ending.

• odessa says:

best moments of the episode: Louis finally growing a pair… Chuck and Eleonor. and that’s it.

19. ugh says:

Safran, you idiot, people don’t like torture. You and you third rate team of “writers” don’t know how to write a good couple together. I don’t know how many times Blair, or Chuck for that matter, have to tell each other or the world that they love each other. Just cancel it.

20. Linda says:

Please never use the words “Dair” and “Chair” in a Gossip Girl article again. They sound absolutely asinine. As for the episode, it was one of the best in a while. I like Georgina’s current role on the show, and it looks as if the ending set up some interesting situations to follow.

21. Jarrod says:

Does anyone find it hard to believe that Louis has just all of a sudden given up on love with Blair? I find it stupid. I highly doubt he changed his mind like that. I agree that it’s an interesting direction to take it in, but it’s just not something Louis is about. I thought tooth and nail for her and he got her, so I doubt he’s just gonna throw her to the wolves. They’ve been together since season 4, so I highly doubt this is a spur of the moment. And if this has been his plan from day one, then the writers are seriously lacking intelligence. Louis’ may be cold-hearted and such, but I highly doubt he would fight for a woman (such as Blair) who is already in love with one guy and also has two pining over her. Either way they try and spin it, it’s a ridiculous idea and I find the plot a rather ambiguous stretch.

22. Allie says:

When they only person you’re sort of pulling for at the end is Louis to tell off Blair, that’s a pretty good sign the storytelling has failed somewhere along the way. I love Chair more than anything, but even I don’t think Chuck should keep chasing after her when she treats him like this.

• sally says:

Right? This episode was the first one I actually liked Louis, she so deserved that! I’m a Chair fan too, but this entire episode I just felt like jumping inside my tv screen and slapping Blair for treating Chuck that way, her reasons not to be with him are as ridiculous as her hair was this episode.

• Ari says:

I hate what they’ve done to Blair. She is so miserable lately. She couldn’t even smile on her wedding day! That should tell you something is wrong. Dear GG writers! SOMETHING is WRONG here. Blair was the character to watch. Now every single character just blends together into one big boring pot of blah.

• Steph says:

Blair never sold Chuck for a hotel or threw a punch at him. She should have gotten over that asshole ages ago. What’s stupid is that people still consider him a viable love interest.

23. Christie says:

I’m all about Chuck&Blair so hopefully they wil finally get those 2 back on track. Dan knows deep down inside that he still has feelings for Serena and since he knows nothing is going to happen with Blair he needs to move on and continue forward, hopefully with Serena. There is no way Georgina is GG. And did anyone else realize that the caterer Nate was talking to, ‘Lola’ is actually the real Charlie Rhodes?! Should be interesting if they continue on with that part of the story line.

24. Rachel says:

I think it’s so funny how everyone is so concerned with Georgina being Gossip Girl. If any fans of the book watch the show they know that there are so many people that have been Gossip Girl. I think she’s just trying to set a plan in motion then she’ll be gone.

25. mallu says:

And what exactly are those “insurmountable obstacles” Mr. Safran? Now that the prince has gone psycho Blair can just annul the wedding, and there are no obstacles on Chuck’s end he’s made that known to Blair several times. The timing would be perfect for a Chuck and Blair reconciliation… but you just decided that everything has to be dramatic and torturous for them, so I guess that how things are going to be. All I wanna know is what other reason is there to keep them apart? Cause after the amount of “I love you’s” they proffered to each other, I think they’re feelings are pretty damn clear… so unless Blair keeps up the whole “God” ridiculousness I can’t think of why they wouldn’t be together.

26. Jenn says:

OHMYGOD DAIR!!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!

27. Kristina says:

I agree with the other commenters that there’s no way that Georgina has been Gossip Girl this whole time. Five years ago she would have been what, sixteen? I can’t imagine she was wielding so much power while in high school. I think she either recently found out who GG is and is working with her now, or she seized the opportunity to become the new Gossip Girl when the real Gossip Girl went silent after Louis released her list of informants and decided to take over. I guess we’ll find out someday, though. I do like the theory about the real Charlie being GG, but I would love it if Kristen Bell actually came on the show to be GG. :)

28. Michelle says:

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I am a Dair fan but a Chair endgame believer.

For all the Chair fans that are whining about this episode and how they want Blair and Chuck to get together now, obviously dont understand that if they got together now Safran would just brake them up in 4 or 5 episodes. Only making you more mad.

Why not have a little Dair fun! Give it a couple episodes and then the season finale will have Chuck and Blair getting together.

Im not sure I believe Georgina has always been GG or that she really is GG but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

ps Serena’s Maid of Honor dress was AMAZING, TO DIE FOR, FLAWLESS!!! I would want it in white for my wedding dress! And the bow at the end of her ponytail was a cute homage to Blair’s dress!

29. K. says:

Excited for some comedic bickering between Blair and Dan in the next episode.
    Dare to DAIR.

30. Swaan says:

I love the idea of Dan and Blair but it should never actually happen. Blair calling Dan to rescue her was cute but it would have been full circle for it to be Nate driving…

Anyway in my mind the rest of the story goes like this:

Broken hearted Serena finds comfort in Chuck’s bed.

Dan and Blair end up writing partners after realizing their bond as friends is more worthwhile than any romance.

Nate pursues Charlie, discovers she’s actually a Rhodes, and that she knew exactly what Ivy was up to because she was Gossip Girl.

Georgina takes the reigns as Gossip Girl and sets her sights on a new set of Upper East Siders. Nate hires a new reporter at The Spectator to run a Page 6 type column played by Kristen Bell!

31. Lucy says:

Okay, so Georgina HASN’T been Gossip Girl the whole time right? A little confused with her relaunching voice-over dialogue.

I ask because I’ve had my suspicions since her SUPER LATE introduction (98th episode lol!)and they spent a very healthy amount of time on the real Charlie/Charlotte/Lola Rhodes on the 100th episode no less and her being in Manhattan for so long and not in Florida as previously stated makes the pieces fall more into place. Her being given a plot that seemed to amount to as “Nate’s Conquest of the Week” on the 100th episode seems like a sly move by the writer’s too…

32. Brit says:

I still hate the idea of Blair and Dan together. I love that they became friends, but does every single person on this show have to hook up or fall in love with the other one. They should be just friends. Period. And while I want Blair and Chuck to end up together, I like the “tortured” relationship, if you will, for now. If they lived happily ever after at this point, the series wouldn’t last much longer.

I feel this is like the show Friends. You always knew that Rachel and Ross would end up together, you just have bumps along the way. And Blair and Dan being together would be like the horrible pairing of Rachel and Joey.

33. sarah-lane says:

I enjoyed the episode, especially the Blair/Chuck/ Eleanor/Serena scenes. I loved how in the ‘I love you more and more each day’ scene there was just an instrumental playing in the background, there was no need for lyrics, the dialogue said it all. And I love that Chuck had planned to take Monkey away from the UES for a day of fun xD

And even though Safran is semi-in charge, that’s only because SS and Schwartz are working on other projects too. Its still their show and when it comes to major decisions like changing the final goal (endgame) they will have the last say. Safran even said in a recent interview that even though he’s ‘not writing Gossip Girl with endgame in mind’ (which just means he’s enjoying the ride and experimenting a bit before he gets to the already planned ending) it doesn’t mean Schwartz and Stephanie don’t know. And I’m positive SS and/or Schwartz will be writing the series finale, it would only make sense since they wrote the pilot.

34. jay says:

Blair walking back in to the ceremony was a total shocker.

35. nina says:

pathetic little girls Chair stans! You know nothing about love, Chair is absolutely not a real & true love
    It’s unhealthy & pathetic relationship with the Blair who just a puppy to Chuck! Pathetic show now really, others show manage really well teens & asults relationships but this one suck. Blair is now a mess, where’s the bitchy fierce Blair?

Plus chair stans read more & better, Safran said Chair is never over so they’re endgame (sadly)

I want Blair choose herself & move on

I’m not a Dair shipper, appreciate their friendship, that’s all because Dan deserves better, better than Blair who don’t love him & is so selfish, he always be there for her & her???…. This frienship is on one side! I wish she realizes what he has done for her, it has always been there when she was not good!And he deserves better than Serena, can’t stand her anymore!

Oh & Penn cut your hair & Ed stop talking like that, I want to punch myself, his voice is so annoying!

• Steph says:

lmao I love this comment

• ugh says:

Pathetic stans, with your hypocritical comments. I can’t even take you seriously. You think this show is real life, so you assume anyone and everyone who likes Chuck and Blair know nothing about love. What kind of delusion are you living in? Learn proper grammar before you TRY (and fail) at insulting a group of people with your biased assumptions.

36. sasha says:

The only good thing is the crappy episode is she knows Dan wrote the wows, now she needs time to think about it but Dan come on talk about your feelings!
    She need to thanks Dan for everything!And she calls Dand, she can call Serena, Nate, Dorota, her mother, or her precious Chuck but no (while now she can, nothing is between them, if she love him more everyday, ugh)

Chuck & Serena should be together, the are crappy friends/boyfriend/girlfriend! they look like!

Dare to Dair

37. Marie says:

I know they didn’t film the episodes in order but I thought it was funny when Dan and Nate were walking in the street that the trees in Central Park were yellow and orange when last week they celebrated NYE.

I know a lot of people seem to disagree, but I thought this was the best episode of the season so far and I really enjoyed it!

38. Sara says:

I do not like the episode!!.
    Chair forever!!

39. Tom says:

The thing that everyone has to remember is that this was a hundredth episode. On tv, that’s a huge deal. So, a lot of writers like to pay homage to the past five years by bringing back old faces (Georgina) and by getting to the heart of the story. Why are we watching? The fact is that at the heart of the story, the relationships are really real. Surrounded by melodrama, they’ve created a world in which these people seem like they should and would inter-date, get married at 20, and be full non functional adults. We knew that this was going to be one of those episodes at the beginning as GG talks about how it started with Blair being with her prince, Nate. Which was true to the story. And remember, Blair always had to deal with every guy wanting Serena (even her boyfriend) but now every guys sort of wants Blair on some level. On those counts, I thought it was an excellent hundredth episode. And people need to calm down. They’ll get Dan and Blair together for a hot minute and then she’ll be back with Chuck. Even Eleanor knew that that’s who she needed to be with.

40. Mary Elizabeth says:

GG Sucked! As usual lately. Waited months for this episode being teased that we would finally get payoff. Writers get off your behinds and put Chuck and Blair together! Get over this Dan/Blair garbage. They are just friends and have zero romantic chemistry. AND, this episode had the dumbest scene EVER. Everybody in the church had their cell phones on?? Yea right

41. Vannesa says:

Georgina as GG…I think she’s just taking over the reigns temporarily until the actual GG comes back. As for the 100th episode..I was expecting it to be better than it actually is. I hope the upcoming episodes are going to get better.

42. Elenakos says:

So happy that Dan/Blair scenes are ahead!!! They are great together no matter what they are (I missed season 4 moments). Hopefully Dan will come forward only to release the burden off himself, but I find myself not caring. There’s gonna be lots of fun, as seen in the trailer.
    100th episode was great, it had it all. So guys stop whining and let the writers do their thing!! They know best!!!
    And one more thing: isn’t Lola too young to be Gossip Girl (isn’t she like 2 years younger than the rest of the cast)???

43. JD says:

I agree that there have probably been a few Gossip Girls…but earlier seasons of the show had made it seem like she was around before this particular crew was in High School and that normally she didn’t follow people to college, although she made a special arrangement for this crew because they had tried to out her a few seasons ago. If she’s been around since these kids were in middle school or earlier, at least at some point someone older than them had to be running it. There was never a 10 year old reporting on the lives of high schoolers. That’s ridiculous.

I actually like the idea of it being Carol originally, and then her handing the reins over to the real Charlie when she was old enough. This would make sense on a few levels – first, Carol wouldn’t want her family to know the real Charlie because she would need her to be able to be anonymous at events, and second, Charlie was a cater waiter at Blair’s wedding…who knows what other Parties of the Week she was working in the past few years? Those would be a great place to gather intel. It would also fit with Carol’s character of being against anything having to d with the UES or her family. I think Georgina somehow stumbled on the truth and is now working with them, possibly Carol clued her in because she knows that it’s only a matter of time now before the real/fake Charlie situation comes out and she needs someone to take the heat. I don’t believe that Georgina’s been Gosspi Girl from the beginning. But it seems like a cool storyline. I’m kind of over Blair’s never ending love quadrangle or whatever it is at this point. She’s become pretty hard ot watch this season. What happened to her personality?

• Jill says:

I love your theory on Gossip Girl, and I think it fits in perfectly with stuff Carol has said or done, and then with Charlie being in New York at Juliard, but then being on the scene but behind the scenes at all the UES parties/functions. I think that makes more complete sense, then Georgina having been Gossip Girl this whole time.

Plus, Charlie seemed to know Nate just a little more than just some random cater waiter, and then she seemed genuinely surprised when Nate actually remembered details about her.

Blair’s personality has been gone the minute they started re-writing her to try to shoehorn her into some romance or whatever it is with Dan that is not them being just frenemies. It’s been like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. It just hasn’t been working for me, at least.

44. Emily says:

Next week. #savechuckandblair and #DanandSerena.

45. Steph says:

I’m so excited for Dair! Finally, something fresh is going to happen on Gossip Girl! Penn and Leighton have such great chemistry and amazingly funny dialogue, you can tell they put just a little more effort into their scenes together. Here’s hoping that this means some good stuff is coming our way :)

46. Ribac says:

But… I… Az… Blh… Aaaaaaaaaugh! Kristen Bell for Gossip Girl or I will send something to CW’s door when GG is over!

47. lol ok says:

LOL. Chuck and monkey have more chemistry than Blair and Dan. But, if chemistry means Blair treating Dan like a gay best friend/brother/doormat, then yes, they have AMAZING chemistry. Hahahahaha :D

48. Svenja says:

I really liked the episode.
    It didn’t blow me away, but I think the Georgina Gossip Girl twist was a good one (although I believe she just took over).
    I also liked the twist with Louis. Poor Blair, but that twist gave ma goose bumps… what a jerk. But even kinda realistic.
    I also liked Serena and Blair’s mother opening up to Chuck. Even the Blair/Chuck scenes were pretty good. I do not ship them any longer, but I really liked the tone of it.
    Nate’s story was a little lame, but well… really Charlie is in the picture now. Interesting.
    Blair running off with Dan made my shipper heart pound. I think at this point he’s the right one for her. Dan certainly cares deeply for her without making her life tragic or painful. I love Leighton’s and Penn’s natural chemistry.
    I also liked Serena being honest about her feelings for Dan. That was a good one.

49. liz says:

This is such an idiotic show and I’m an idiot for watching it.

50. lenny says:

JUST BRING ME JULIET BACK PLEASE!!!!